Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,956 members, 7,835,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Real Definations Of Our Everyday Words That Will Amaze You. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Real Definations Of Our Everyday Words That Will Amaze You. (360 Views)

15 Inspiring And Deep Kendrick Lamar Quotes (number 1 Will Amaze You) / What This Man Did Will Amaze You(photo). / Never Seen Before (15) New Animal Species That Will Amaze You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Definations Of Our Everyday Words That Will Amaze You. by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 05, 2016
I have been contemplating on these researched defination of the words to be posted below and have been able to come out with what I think are the reference to what the mean.
Here Are The Words.
CIGARETTE: A pinch of tobacco rolled in a paper with fire at one end and a fool at the other.
MARRIAGE: An agreement where a Man loses his 'bachelor degree' and the woman gains her 'masters' degree.
DIVORCE: Future tense of Marriage.
LECTURE: An act of transmitting information from the notes of the Lecturer to the notes of students without passing through the minds of either of them.
CONFERENCE: The confusion of one man multiplied by the number of people present.
COMPROMISE: The act of dividing a cake in such a way that everybody believes he or she got the biggest piece.
DICTIONARY: A place where 'divorce' comes before marriage.
CONFERENCE ROOM: A place where everybody talks, nobody listens and everybody disagrees later on.
CLASSIC: A book which people praise but never read.
MORE UPDATES SOON.
Re: Real Definations Of Our Everyday Words That Will Amaze You. by Heromaniaa: 11:46am On Nov 05, 2016
Nairal.and - a social site facing extinction because of its lack of innovation and the owners apathy to users suggestions.

Follow me on Linda Ikeji Social. It's top notch. You can chat directly with users.
You get paid for every article that hits front page. Search my username Handsome Sylva and follow. Linda Ikeji ati take over.
Re: Real Definations Of Our Everyday Words That Will Amaze You. by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 05, 2016
ECSTASY: A feeling when you feel you are going to feel a feeling you have never felt before.
SMILE: A curve that can set a lot of things straight.
OFFICE: A place where you can relax after your strenuous home life.
YAWN: The only time some married men ever get to open their mouth.
ETC: A sign that makes others believe that you know more than you actually do.
COMMITTEE: Individuals who can do nothing individually and sit to decide that nothing can be done together.
EXPERIENCE: The name men give to their mistakes.
PHILOSOPHER: A fool who torments himself during life, to be spoken of when dead.
ATOMIC BOMB: An intention to bring an end to all other intentions.
DIPLOMAT: A person who tells you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip.
OPPORTUNIST: A person who starts taking bath if he accidentally falls into a river.
OPTIMIST: A person who while falling from OLUMO ROCK says midway, "see, am not injured yet".

1 Like

Re: Real Definations Of Our Everyday Words That Will Amaze You. by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 05, 2016
PESSIMIST: A person who says that "O" is the last letter in ZERO instead of the first in OPPORTUNITY.
MISER: A person who lives poor so that he can die rich.
FATHER: A banker provided by nature.
CRIMINAL: A guy not different from others, unless being caught.
BOSS: Someone who is early when you are late and late when you are early.
POLITICIANS: Someone who shakes your hand before election and your 'CONFIDENCE' after election.
DOCTOR: A person who kills your ills by pills and kills you by bills.
Oya nairalanders, feel free to add yours..
cc. lalasticlala, ishilove, seun, mydn44, fynestboi.
Abeg make una show me small love.

1 Like

Re: Real Definations Of Our Everyday Words That Will Amaze You. by Kayleb26(m): 12:33pm On Nov 05, 2016
Mediator97:
PESSIMIST: A person who says that "O" is the last letter in ZERO instead of the first in OPPORTUNITY.
MISER: A person who lives poor so that he can die rich.
FATHER: A banker provided by nature.
CRIMINAL: A guy not different from others, unless being caught.
BOSS: Someone who is early when you are late and late when you are early.
POLITICIANS: Someone who shakes your hand before election and your 'CONFIDENCE' after election.
DOCTOR: A person who kills your ills by pills and kills you by bills.
Oya nairalanders, feel free to add yours..
cc. lalasticlala, ishilove, seun, mydn44, fynestboi.
Abeg make una show me small love.

Undergraduate: a young university student eagerly studying what he will most probably not use in his adult life

Hustler: someone who leaves home early and return late at night just to avoid the boredom of idleness

Entrepreneur : someone who didn't get a job and decided to "start something" as he is not getting younger

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mercy Johnson - Being Dark Has Denied Me Movie Roles.... / Keep To Your Vow Of Tearin Your Greencard If Trump Wins–nigerians To Wolesoyinka / My Thoughts On The Economic Recession In Nigeria - By Oladapo (dapsdiary.com)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.