Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

My Pageantry Experience - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / My Pageantry Experience (795 Views)

Pageantry Is Not A Waste Of Time. (pics) / Ada Anambra Pageantry 2017 / Beauty Pageantry, The Devil And Our Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Pageantry Experience by keemP(f): 4:46pm On Nov 05, 2016
I once was addicted to becoming a well known model and fashion icon in the country. I wanted to be popular (almost everyone wants that), so I decided to stop "roadside" modelling and go fully into it by entering into a modelling contest.
I picked the form for the contest, scaled through the Facebook and instagram votes, then came the time for ticket sales. I was given a target of tickets to be sold and it so happened that I couldn't meet the target given.
Then I asked the organisers if my inability to meet my proposed target wasn't going to affect my stand in the contest and I was told the ticket sales was only a determining factor for the popularity award and not the contest itself.
So, Camp time came and the only thing stressed on was how much tickets contestants sold and they made it seem as though we didn't know what we came for. I remember one of the officials saying "so you girls are trying to tell me you cant sell tickets of how much? And you are girls oh" and then I realised that when it comes to contests in modelling and pageantry, the organisers don't actually care what you have to do so long as you bring in monetary returns to them and their brand. No wonder models and beauty Queens are the least respected. It so happened that it became the basics and foundation for which a queen emerged for that contest and since I wasn't willing to do all that I decided to quit modelling altogether.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Pageantry Experience by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 05, 2016
keemP:
I once was addicted to becoming a well known model and fashion icon in the country. I wanted to be popular (almost everyone wants that), so I decided to stop "roadside" modelling and go fully into it by entering into a modelling contest.
I picked the form for the contest, scaled through the Facebook and instagram votes, then came the time for ticket sales. I was given a target of tickets to be sold and it so happened that [truncated]
So, Camp time came and the only thing stressed on was how much tickets contestants sold and they made it seem as though we didn't know what we came for. I remember one of the officials saying "so you girls are trying to tell me you cant sell tickets of how much? And you are girls oh" and then I realised that when it comes to contests in modelling and pageantry, the organisers don't actually care what you have to do so [truncated]
am sure you saw my siggy before you decided to let out your experience out. Like girl you tried though, but meeting with the right people matters.. Modelling for clothing lines and all.

To me modelling should be a passionate thing to do not a do-or-die something like they wanted you to do, Am sure you know what i mean?

Am also obessed with the model stuff, i just find interest in the thing. But things matter a lot about the job

Height
Looks[skin tone]
Hair blah blah..

Am sure you still want to go on though?
Re: My Pageantry Experience by keemP(f): 1:35pm On Nov 06, 2016
Yea royalvalentine19, true just that most often than not the right persons aren't always seen.
Re: My Pageantry Experience by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 06, 2016
just do you , And i will suggest you search for clothing lines to model for, not pageantry.

Remember me when you make it there though grin .
Happy sunday
Re: My Pageantry Experience by keemP(f): 4:46pm On Nov 06, 2016
Okay...thank you
Happy Sunday to you too

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See How Heavy Makeup Totally Transformed This Lady / Tailors Wanted In New Kids Ankara Fashion Line In Port Harcourt / 11-year-old Girl Gets Plastic Surgery After Bullies Make Fun Of The Way She Look

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.