Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

I Need Career Advice - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Need Career Advice (678 Views)

I Need Career Advice Please. An 100level Student / Career Advice: Should I Leave The Private Sector For The Public Sector? / Please I Need Career Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Career Advice by Student125(m): 12:14am On Nov 06, 2016
Goodmorning pple, I really need advise on one issue bothering me for a while now.
I have a B.Agric cert with a cgp of 4.08 (equivalent to 2:1) from a fed university in Nigeria, bt after my NYSC early ds year, I started working with diff graphics tool (coreldraw,Photoshop nd InDesign) which hav found so interesting and easy, maybe cuz of my love for working on computer or probably cuz I love drawing while I was in sec sch bfre takingup an agric course in university. Many hav been advising I proceed for my masters bt my problem is I dnt want my masters in agric but graphics, at ds junction I dnt knw if it s really possible and moreso..I wish I can go for the master in graphics abroad. Please advise me on what to do. Is it possible I get a masters in graphics with my bckground course as an undergraduate nd if yes, please recommend schs that offers the best.Thanks, your contributions will be highly appreciated.
Re: I Need Career Advice by DonMD1000: 12:22am On Nov 06, 2016
The fields are quite far apart, not sure if that jump is feasible directly without a PGD in something Arts related....but then, I'm not an expert in that field though
Re: I Need Career Advice by Student125(m): 12:27am On Nov 06, 2016
DonMD1000:
The fields are quite far apart, not sure if that jump is feasible directly without a PGD in something Arts related....but then, I'm not an expert in that field though

if it requires PGD, I dnt mind...just wana knw if it s possible
Re: I Need Career Advice by DonMD1000: 12:44am On Nov 06, 2016
Student125:

if it requires PGD, I dnt mind...just wana knw if it s possible

I believe it is possible with a PGD, at least I remember at the height of the banking boom, people used to switch from faraway fields like Zoology/Botany, Agric or even Yoruba Literature to doing Masters in Banking and finance, after doing a PGD.
Re: I Need Career Advice by padi94(m): 1:55am On Nov 06, 2016
Brother dnt use the word esteemed "reader" no be you get Nairaland instead use the word "friends" or "brothers".

That aside, my advice for you is to take a master in any agric field. Then for your graphics take a 1 yr diploma program. Why i say u should do d diploma is becos graphics is a practical course. It doesnt matter what kpali you carry on it, if you cant do it as in hands on whatever certification you carry wil be useless. What am saying is that you should rather learn to be a pro whth th graphics tool and app. Instead of pursuing big certification on it.

Thats my humble advice to you
Re: I Need Career Advice by IDEALCASH(m): 7:30am On Nov 06, 2016
OP you can to study masters in information science, they accept graduate with 2.1 from any field and it goes with your passion. u.i offers it.
Re: I Need Career Advice by Student125(m): 7:41am On Nov 06, 2016
DonMD1000:

I believe it is possible with a PGD, at least I remember at the height of the banking boom, people used to switch from faraway fields like Zoology/Botany, Agric or even Yoruba Literature to doing Masters in Banking and finance, after doing a PGD.

thanks bro..
Re: I Need Career Advice by Student125(m): 7:43am On Nov 06, 2016
padi94:
Brother dnt use the word esteemed "reader" no be you get Nairaland instead use the word "friends" or "brothers".

That aside, my advice for you is to take a master in any agric field. Then for your graphics take a 1 yr diploma program. Why i say u should do d diploma is becos graphics is a practical course. It doesnt matter what kpali you carry on it, if you cant do it as in hands on whatever certification you carry wil be useless. What am saying is that you should rather learn to be a pro whth th graphics tool and app. Instead of pursuing big certification on it.

Thats my humble advice to you

well noted sir
Re: I Need Career Advice by cnanu(m): 9:32am On Nov 06, 2016
Most of graphix package are free online.Okay check out this one http://cur.lv/13o5fp
This course is part the Citrix XenApp series. With the Citrix XenApp Training, you will learn application virtualization, allowing users to run applications on any device through any connection in the XenApp client.
So you can get more and learn at your spare time. I think padi94 said it all.

(1) (Reply)

20767A Implementing A SQL Data Warehouse Online Training / Likely Bank Interview Questions / Ascent Changer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.