Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,975 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

How To Be Creative With Your Songwriting And Stand Out - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How To Be Creative With Your Songwriting And Stand Out (403 Views)

Meaning Lyrics And Vibes For Your Songs. Songwriting Made Easy 100% / Ice Prince Ft. Bre Z – Stand Out Music VIDEO / Ten Songwriting Tips By Www.xwondahmix.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Be Creative With Your Songwriting And Stand Out by OnlineAdmin247: 1:35am On Nov 06, 2016
In today's music world, if you don't stand out- then you blend in with the rest of the crowd. That's not always a bad thing, especially if you're not trying to make a lot of money or significantly increase your lot in life. In a world of ducks, it can be a profitable thing to be a goose. Remember when we were kids, playing "Duck, duck, GOOSE?" The ducks sat still... it was only the goose that got to do anything. I don't know about you, but I would rather be a goose any day of the week. In this article I will mention some of the ideas I use to be a goose.

The music world is infamous for having substandard noise in it. I'm not necessarily talking about what we would commonly regard as bad music-although that is a factor as well. There's just a lot of music out there. iTunes and Spotify are prime examples of what I'm talking about. The music industry (like many other industries) has been severely interrupted and drastically changed by computers and the internet. There are still many musicians alive today who lived in B.C... (Before Computers).

Here are some ideas on how to stand out:

1) Get away from traditional songwriting. As has been often said, "don't bore us, get to the chorus". Why not start with the chorus first?

2) Make your song what I call "hook heavy". This is not new, just not used all the time. What do I mean by "hook heavy"? Remember the Beatles song "Love Me Do"? They used "Love Me Do" many times in the song and even used "Love Me Do" as the title of the song.

3) Get away from common structure in your songwriting. Who says that you must have a bridge? It's not like it's a law or commandment or anything like that. As a matter of fact, there is no organization called the "Song Police" who are going to arrest you for not adhering to the standards.

4) The music world can be rather unforgivable when it comes to who makes it and who doesn't. Advice from friends and close associates as to whether your song needs work can be greatly helpful. It also helps if these people know something about music. Many songwriters go nowhere fast because their song is their "baby" and they don't want to change it. Change the song- if the change improves it!

You can drastically improve your chances of success by being different and standing out. It will never hurt you to stand out from the crowd. Be a goose, not a passed-over duck.

Article Source: http://www.ibadanonline.com/2016/11/how-to-be-creative-with-your.html

(1) (Reply)

Music / Yung Qally Ft Joshboi - Mercy / Music Hardcore Hiphop Beats For Sale..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.