Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

What Is Your Reason For Believing In Christianity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Reason For Believing In Christianity? (525 Views)

Questions For Budaatum: How Can You Follow Jesus Without Believing In Him? / Believing In Jesus Without Obeying His Words' Like Building A House On Sand / What Is Your Reason Of Going To Church Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Reason For Believing In Christianity? by umunaija: 9:42am On Nov 06, 2016
I'll give some possible reasons for believing in Christianity, and I am sure I will miss some.
(1) Indoctrinated to believe in Christianity. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
(2) Believe the Bible contains prophecies of Jesus that prove it is divinely inspired.
(3) Felt something to confirm your beliefs such as while being saved.
(4) Experienced things like gifts of the Holy Spirit.
(5) Observed fruits of the Holy Spirit making you more Christlike.
(6) ... (possibilities I forgot)
I hope that people who reply might be somewhat specific.

Source : http://www.changeasoul.org/index.php?topic=294.msg892;topicseen#msg892

Re: What Is Your Reason For Believing In Christianity? by general111(m): 9:46am On Nov 06, 2016
I was an indoctrinated christian until I actually met the risen king.now I am a christian because I know that Jesus is alive.
Re: What Is Your Reason For Believing In Christianity? by Tallesty1(m): 9:48am On Nov 06, 2016
I am still trying to be a Christian
Re: What Is Your Reason For Believing In Christianity? by gabinogem(m): 10:13am On Nov 06, 2016
Indoctrination is the basic reason why most herds worshippers are Christians

I gave up Christianity under the sun many moons ago. wink
Re: What Is Your Reason For Believing In Christianity? by afanide: 10:15am On Nov 06, 2016
Because We serve the ONE AND ONLY almighty God......
Creator of you and me.....
Re: What Is Your Reason For Believing In Christianity? by Auki: 10:40am On Nov 06, 2016
I have no reason to believe in Christianity as a religion.

I believe God created me not Jesus, so l worship God alone not his creation. God is not in divinity partnership with any of His creation.

I believe that Jesus existed. And born without father like I believe Adam was born without father or mother.

I believe Jesus is a human being favoured by God to only convey the message that mankind should worship God alone. He Jesus ascribed no divinity to himself or his mother. Men of old invented such strange concept like weird Trinity, Jesus is Son or Jesus is God.

I believe if I die today, my ultimate return will be to my creator and not Jesus or any of His creation. And I hope God will admit me to His mercy and forgive my shortcomings.

I believe mankind are born sinless and repentance, charity and good work is what God demands of us not blood sacrifice. God is not a tyrant to His creation.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Reason For Believing In Christianity? by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 06, 2016
most of us are christians because our parents were christians and our parents were christians because the white man brought christianity to them
Re: What Is Your Reason For Believing In Christianity? by ScienceWatch: 1:49am On Jan 15, 2017
Auki:
I have no reason to believe in Christianity as a religion.

I believe God created me not Jesus, so l worship God alone not his creation. God is not in divinity partnership with any of His creation.

I believe that Jesus existed. And born without father like I believe Adam was born without father or mother.

I believe Jesus is a human being favoured by God to only convey the message that mankind should worship God alone. He Jesus ascribed no divinity to himself or his mother. Men of old invented such strange concept like weird Trinity, Jesus is Son or Jesus is God.

I believe if I die today, my ultimate return will be to my creator and not Jesus or any of His creation. And I hope God will admit me to His mercy and forgive my shortcomings.

I believe mankind are born sinless and repentance, charity and good work is what God demands of us not blood sacrifice. God is not a tyrant to His creation.
You say, "He Jesus ascribed no divinity to himself."

Can you be so kind as to help explain what the Holy Bible scriptures mean below ?

John 14:8 Philip said to Him, Lord, show us the Father, and it will be enough for us .

John 14:9 Jesus said to him, Have I been a long time with you, and yet you have not known me, Philip? He that has seen me has seen the Father; and why do you then say, Show us the Father?

John 14:10 Believe you not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that lives in me, He do the works (that you have seen me do, and that you do..)

What are these WORKS that Jesus always refer to ?
They are the miracles, prophecy, signs and wonders. Jesus also instructs all pastors, ministers, evangelists to do the same, He says to them,”As my father sent me, so send I you.” )

John 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very WORKS sake. (miracles, signs, prophecy and wonders)

Today, two thousand years later, Christ is separating the wheat from the chafe. He is separating fake pastors from His chosen ones.
Church goers world wide finally have powerful scientifically verifiable evidence in the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria of the true Love of God.

For too long Church goers have been fooled.
Re: What Is Your Reason For Believing In Christianity? by Auki: 10:11am On Jan 15, 2017
kingcity:
most of us are christians because our parents were christians and our parents were christians because the white man brought christianity to them

Among the people of Hell are those that followed their parent blindly.

Qur'an said:

Undoubtedly, they found their fathers erring.

So they are rushing in their footsteps.

And undoubtedly, most of the ancient went astray before them.

And undoubtedly, We sent warners in them.
Re: What Is Your Reason For Believing In Christianity? by orisa37: 11:05am On Jan 15, 2017
It's The Unity of The Faithfuls, The Hopefuls, God of Peace and God in Love.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 12/11/16 / How To Know God Exists? / Pope Francis Creates 17 Cardinals Of Roman Catholic Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.