Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,224 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Pls Advice Me. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Advice Me. (2531 Views)

I Had A Child With My Brother's Ex Wife. Please Read And Advice Me / Argument In My House Right Nw,pls Advice Me / Pls Advice: My Baby Mama Want To Leave With Our 10month Old Child. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advice Me. by kngblacq: 11:52am On Nov 06, 2016
Re: Pls Advice Me. by waleyp(m): 12:07pm On Nov 06, 2016
GOD THAT HAS BEEN SEEING YOU THROUGH WOULD SEE YOU THROUGH, WHY NOT TAKE A TIME AND LOOK FOR A JOB OR LEARN SOMETHING TILL EVERYTHING IS SOLVED. dont stay home all day find a place to go and do something, people will always talk when they see you around.you can change location for a while, thats just my TAKE O

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advice Me. by eph12(m): 12:10pm On Nov 06, 2016
I will advice you to make good use of this time you have now before next mobilisation. Learn some skills shoe making, fashion design etc. You never can tell where this will take you to. It will keep your mind off many things and help you with a source of income even during service and after if you wish.

4 Likes

Re: Pls Advice Me. by midolian(m): 12:20pm On Nov 06, 2016
This is a sign that you ll be successful. Its good to know you believe there is a God somewhere. If you really believe so, you should also believe that God has designed what will be of you from your date of birth till your dying day. Pray to him, he will do it beyond your imagination.

Just as a brother up there has rightly said, learn some skills while you wait for mobilization. Go for excel and some other computer skills Or whatever you feel you can improve yourself with. You ll get to see the advantage later.

I have seen people like you who after battling with problems like this, later rose to become "bigger" than their mates.

And when I see stories that touch like this with statements like "I might end up doing something funny", it pisses me off. What will you do? Kill yourself? Go ahead, you ll always have people to bury you.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Advice Me. by kngblacq: 12:27pm On Nov 06, 2016
waleyp:
GOD THAT HAS BEEN SEEING YOU THROUGH WOULD SEE YOU THROUGH, WHY NOT TAKE A TIME AND LOOK FOR A JOB OR LEARN SOMETHING TILL EVERYTHING IS SOLVED. dont stay home all day find a place to go and do something, people will always talk when they see you around.you can change location for a while, thats just my TAKE O
Thanks for the advice, already planning to change location and find a job.
Re: Pls Advice Me. by kngblacq: 12:28pm On Nov 06, 2016
eph12:
I will advice you to make good use of this time you have now before next mobilisation. Learn some skills shoe making, fashion design etc. You never can tell where this will take you to. It will keep your mind off many things and help you with a source of income even during service and after if you wish.
Yeah, Thank you sir
Re: Pls Advice Me. by kngblacq: 12:29pm On Nov 06, 2016
midolian:
This is a sign that you ll be successful. Its good to know you believe there is a God somewhere. If you really believe so, you should also believe that God has designed what will be of you from your date of birth till your dying day. Pray to him, he will do it beyond your imagination.

Just as a brother up there has rightly said, learn some skills while you wait for mobilization. Go for excel and some r whatever you feel you can improve yourself with. You ll get to see the advantage later.

I have seen people like you who after battling with problems like this, later rose to become "bigger" than their mates.

And when I see stories that touch like this with statements like "I might end up doing something funny", it pisses me off. What will you do? Kill yourself? Go ahead, you ll always have people to bury you.
Thanks for the advice Sir and when i made that statement, i wasn't thinking suicide ( that's not the way out na). Thank you Sir.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Advice Me. by midolian(m): 12:31pm On Nov 06, 2016
kngblacq:
Thanks for the advice Sir and when i made that statement, i wasn't thinking suicide ( that's not the way out na). Thank you Sir.
Better! Best of luck, bro!
Re: Pls Advice Me. by midolian(m): 12:31pm On Nov 06, 2016
kngblacq:
Better!
Re: Pls Advice Me. by amuijiji: 12:32pm On Nov 06, 2016
Dude, it's a pity but you would suffer more because of ur spiritual stance, sorry to say that...

What u re suffering is called Spirit of Rejection.

I ve a brother after missing out on this current batch of Nysc, it would be his 4th year after graduation next year..

He is as stubborn as you..
Re: Pls Advice Me. by ULSHERLAN(m): 12:35pm On Nov 06, 2016
Dont listen to people. You will surely overcome this phase. We all have something to talk about so count this as yours
Re: Pls Advice Me. by kngblacq: 12:49pm On Nov 06, 2016
amuijiji:
Dude, it's a pity but you would suffer more because of ur spiritual stance, sorry to say that...

What u re suffering is called Spirit of Rejection.

I ve a brother after missing out on this current batch of Nysc, it would be his 4th year after graduation next year..

He is as stubborn as you..
Spirit of rejection? i need more clarification brother and what's your advice?
Re: Pls Advice Me. by onatisi(m): 12:54pm On Nov 06, 2016
kngblacq:
Hello, Nairalanders. I don't know if this is the right section to post this but i will go ahead. I'm a young guy that have been very unhappy recently due to things happening to me. I gained admission into a tertiary institution in Nigeria(State owned) in 2011( i was 16 then). But since then, i have been battling with one problem or the other in the school, some which includes, Absence of matric number throughout my 100 level, No record found during my 300 level and many other problems. I managed to overcome all this challenges. I finished my 4 year course by early 2015( strike issue), I was happy untill i was called back that my result was rejected at the Senate because i didn't register for a course in my 200 level. I went back to write this course and passed, I was hoping that i would be mobilized for NYSC this batch b 2016 but an error was made with my matric number and i couldn't register again. Whereas, most of my colleagues are through with NYSC and moved on with their life and I'm here stucked at one point, all this has started affecting me that i can't even think straight, people are making it worse for me by asking questions like.. "Why are you still at home? You sure say you go school, e don reach 2 years wey you finish and you still dey house, even my Parents sometimes abuse me that your mate are no longer at this point and you are still here, all this have been making me unhappy and I'm afraid i will do something I'm not supposed to do. I'm the type of guy that don't believe things like village people are behind this, one mama from the village bla bla bla because I'm not a religious guy and i don't go to church or mosque ( but i believe their is a God somewhere) but people are making it seem like all this is happening because I don't pray and all. I don't even know what to believe or do anymore, I'm depressed. Pls advice me. .
The first place the devil targets is ur mind and brain. He makes u feel discouraged and frustrated. Once you give in,your life is over

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice Me. by nnamdibig(m): 1:11pm On Nov 06, 2016
There is a reason why this whole thing is happening to you. Nothing good comes easy. Don't just give up.
Re: Pls Advice Me. by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 06, 2016
midolian:

Just as a brother up there has rightly said, learn some skills while you wait for mobilization. Go for excel and some other computer skills Or whatever you feel you can improve yourself with. You ll get to see the advantage later.

Trust in God bro. Even if there's any evil behind your situation, it will give way. Please can you just observe a 3-day(9am-6pm) fasting an prayer? Let your prayer points be...every evil beings delaying my success, let them die by fire...God, snatch my glory from those who are toying with it and give it back to me. You'll testify bro. Read psalm 3 every three hours during the fast. You could dream some dreams but don't be afraid. The dream will guide you on the next step to be taken. I know of 2 people in the past who were also in the same predicament as yours. The first person, a guy was the root cause of his problem. Barely a year into graduation, he met one girl, who was a jabmite then. He approached this girl and they got along in the process. This girl would always tell him jokingly that they'd finish together but my friend never understood her jokes. When we graduated and ready for NYSC in year 2000, this guy had problem in one of the cheapest courses, in which he performed so well. His script got missing in a class of less than 50 students. He missed nysc that year. After he rewrote the paper, the lecturer found the script but it was already late. This girl was already in her second semester, year 2 at that time. As if that wasn't enough, the names were compiled and his result was good but a few months to mobilisation, the school went on strike. This time, the girl was in 300L. My school produces just one batch each year...when it was time for mobilisation, the school authority because of the strike, entrusted call up letters to the director of students' affairs at home. Students were thronging the man's house for their callups. In a nut shell, my friend left for school for his callup. On getting to the man's house, he was told some cultists whose results were withheld, protested and went to the man's house with weapons. On getting to his house, they forcefully collected all the callups in his care and ran away with it,including my friends call up letter, after stabbing the man severally. The man survived it but my friend couldn't serve that year. His girlfriend was already in 400level that time, waiting to be mobilised. I called my friend and asked him to follow me to my pastor for counselling cos I pitied his condition. He almost hung himself. That time, I was already gainfully employed. On getting to the man of God, he asked him whose name is ABCD? My friend said its his girl friend in school. The pastor said he had been in bondage because the lady had made some incisions in her private part because she had witnessed a lot of disappointments from men in her life. She now went to a harbalist who made the incisions and he said that anyman who had sex with her will be under her bondage for life and will find it difficult to leave her and must be the one to marry her. My friend was crying like a baby. The pastor said that's why he's been facing those problems. The curse was broken and my friend served the following year. After his service, he travelled out of the country on appointment of a good job. The second instance was a lady who was very close to my sibling. Hers was a family problem. She was freed from the curse and went to serve. There are many demons ailing a lot of our people in this clime but they saw it as normal. Only prayer can break such evil yokes bro. My brother met a girl during his nysc days, had s*x with her... the girl was still a virgin. He said the day he met her, that was when her period came, not knowing he had entered blood covenant with her, though the girl loved him so much. After his nysc, he left the state for our place. He wrote over 100 applications, participated in many tests most of which he was sure of being considered for employment, alas! He went to see a pastor who told him he had had blood covenant with a girl when he was serving. He said the lady loved him so, she went into the spirit world to ensure the guy didn't make it as he left her. Meanwhile, there was nothing like marriage btw my brother and this girl, you know all those runs some male corpers normally do with girls they meet where they're posted.... the pastor said the girl had sat on his glory and so, the curse must be broken. He fasted and prayed for almost a week. The following month, he was called by a renown pharmaceutical company in lagos that he should come for for an interview on the position he applied for, almost 6months ago. In short, he got the job. After he got this job, he discovered that 2 of his colleagues had been employed six months earlier and his application was left on the 'in-tray' of the Admin Manager for months for no reason, after he was shortlisted. Bro, please pray hard and you'll testify. Happy Sunday....

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice Me. by kngblacq: 2:16pm On Nov 06, 2016
awelekiti:
Trust in God bro. Even if there's any evil behind your situation, it will give way. Please can you just observe a 3-day(9am-6pm) fasting an prayer? Let your prayer points be...every evil beings delaying my success, let them die by fire...God, snatch my glory from those who are toying with it and give it back to me. You'll testify bro. Read psalm 3 every three hours during the fast. You could dream some dreams but don't be afraid. The dream will guide you on the next step to be taken. I know of 2 people in the past who were also in the same predicament as yours. The first person, a guy was the root cause of his problem. Barely a year into graduation, he met one girl, who was a jabmite then. He approached this girl and they got along in the process. This girl would always tell him jokingly that they'd finish together but my friend never understood her jokes. When we graduated and ready for NYSC in year 2000, this guy had problem in one of the cheapest courses, in which he performed so well. His script got missing in a class of less than 50 students. He missed nysc that year. After he rewrote the paper, the lecturer found the script but it was already late. This girl was already in her second semester, year 2 at that time. As if that wasn't enough, the names were compiled and his result was good but a few months to mobilisation, the school went on strike. This time, the girl was in 300L. My school produces just one batch each year...when it was time for mobilisation, the school authority because of the strike, entrusted call up letters to the director of students' affairs at home. Students were thronging the man's house for their callups. In a nut shell, my friend left for school for his callup. On getting to the man's house, he was told some cultists whose results were withheld, protested and went to the man's house with weapons. On getting to his house, they forcefully collected all the callups in his care and ran away with it,including my friends call up letter, after stabbing the man severally. The man survived it but my friend couldn't serve that year. His girlfriend was already in 300level that time, waiting to be mobilised. I called my friend and asked him to follow me to my pastor for counselling cos I pitied his condition. He almost hung himself. That time, I was already gainfully employed. On getting to the man of God, he asked him whose name is ABCD? My friend said its his girl friend in school. The pastor said he had been in bondage because the lady had made some incisions in her private part because she had witnessed a lot of disappointments from men in her life. She now went to a harbalist who made the incisions and he said that anyman who had sex with her will be under her bondage for life and will find it difficult to leave her and must be the one to marry her. My friend was crying like a baby. The pastor said that's why he's been facing those problems. The curse was broken and my friend served the following year. After his service, he travelled out of the country on appointment of a good job. The second instance was a lady who was very close to my sibling. Hers was a family problem. She was freed from the curse and went to serve. There are many demons ailing a lot of our people in this clime but they saw it as normal. Only prayer can break such evil yokes bro. My brother met a girl during his nysc days, had s*x with her... the girl was still a virgin. He said the day he met her, that was when her period came, not knowing he had entered blood covenant with her, though the girl loved him so much. After his nysc, he left the state for our place. He wrote over 100 applications, participated in many tests most of which he was sure of being considered for employment, alas! He went to see a pastor who told him he had had blood covenant with a girl when he was serving. He said the lady loved him so, she went into the spirit world to ensure the guy didn't make it as he left her. Meanwhile, there was nothing like marriage btw my brother and this girl, you know all those runs some male corpers normally do with girls they meet where they're posted.... the pastor said the girl had sat on his glory and so, the curse must be broken. He fasted and prayed for almost a week. The following month, he was called by a renown pharmaceutical company in lagos that he should come for for an interview on the position he applied for, almost 6months ago. In short, he got the job. After he got this job, he discovered that 2 of his colleagues had been employed six months earlier and his application was left on the 'in-tray' of the Admin Manager for months for no reason, after he was shortlisted. Bro, please pray hard and you'll testify. Happy Sunday....
Wow, this is very deep and insightful. Thanks for the time you took to reply sir

3 Likes

Re: Pls Advice Me. by jeyselassie(m): 2:25pm On Nov 06, 2016
kngblacq:
Thanks for the advice, already planning to change location and find a job.
bro I think everything will be alright. try and draw closer to God and do 3 days personal prayer and fasting. u can also sow a seed to claim it. not saying u have any issues but at times these are just few ways God uses to draw us closer and test us.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Advice Me. by stan4b(m): 2:51pm On Nov 06, 2016
Av been through similar situation b4. Wot I did was to ask God for anoda direction, nd he showed. Every challenge we pass through in life, is meant to prepare us for sometin bigger. I want u to sit down nd ask urself, Wot is it God rili want u to learn. As for me, av learnt my own
lesson. Now, am d most happiest person on earth. Wish I could share my own story with u, but it's quite long. And, pls don't beat urself up bout d service stuff. Av told my mum nd people dat cares to listen dat, most of my coursemates dat has finish serving bout a year ago (though, av graduated nd will serve next year.) will later come nd work under me. Because, life has taught me several lessons dat dey can't even comprehend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Advice Me. by Agbaletu: 3:52pm On Nov 06, 2016
midolian:

I had similar experience just like the OP. I missed NYSC four times but today i thank God for where i am.
OP, just learn a skill, this is the time to add value to yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Advice Me. by automatix: 8:08pm On Nov 06, 2016
kngblacq:
Hello, Nairalanders. I don't know if this is the right section to post this but i will go ahead. I'm a young guy that have been very unhappy recently due to things happening to me. I gained admission into a tertiary institution in Nigeria(State owned) in 2011( i was 16 then). But since then, i have been battling with one problem or the other in the school, some which includes, Absence of matric number throughout my 100 level, No record found during my 300 level and many other problems. I managed to overcome all this challenges. I finished my 4 year course by early 2015( strike issue), I was happy untill i was called back that my result was rejected at the Senate because i didn't register for a course in my 200 level. I went back to write this course and passed, I was hoping that i would be mobilized for NYSC this batch b 2016 but an error was made with my matric number and i couldn't register again. Whereas, most of my colleagues are through with NYSC and moved on with their life and I'm here stucked at one point, all this has started affecting me that i can't even think straight, people are making it worse for me by asking questions like.. "Why are you still at home? You sure say you go school, e don reach 2 years wey you finish and you still dey house, even my Parents sometimes abuse me that your mate are no longer at this point and you are still here, all this have been making me unhappy and I'm afraid i will do something I'm not supposed to do. I'm the type of guy that don't believe things like village people are behind this, one mama from the village bla bla bla because I'm not a religious guy and i don't go to church or mosque ( but i believe their is a God somewhere) but people are making it seem like all this is happening because I don't pray and all. I don't even know what to believe or do anymore, I'm depressed. Pls advice me. .

Do not despair bro. Somethings happen for a reason, beyond our mortal understanding.

See, it could be your destiny isn't one programmed on fastlane but slow.

I have experienced something similar, even my birth was delayed. Yes, normal kids take 9 months, but mine was more than that.

Let's leave that aside and let me share a story of my friend with you.

He was so bright that he finished secondary school at the age of 16. He wrote Jamb in one sitting and passed, thought he was gonna study Medicine. The admission came and was disrupted by strike and so he lost that admission.

Subsequent trials never worked and that was how he stayed at home for 5 years because everything he tried never worked.

He then applied to our school for direct admission and instead of giving him what he applied for, he was given a pre-degree. Which is like 1 year waste lol.

According to him, he wasn't even interested. Someone bought the form and brought it to him to fill. The same person went to submit the form.

Well, his name was out and guess what? Because he wasn't interested, this guy came close to end of the semester at when test was being written. He still came out top. Moved to level 1, came out top. He graduated with distinction at the end of the everything.

Applied to Total, passed everything and now a big boy with house to his name.

He is now ahead of many of them financially. One of his secondary school mate even scammed him some money.

See, you know something happen for reasons and never look at how others have gone ahead of you. Never compare yourself with them because that's a gateway to depression.

Like they advised you above, learn some skills. Excel, website design, content marketing, social media marketing, graphics, plumbing, tiling, pop fixing, welding, anything you know that will start putting money in your pocket immediately after learning. I would rather go for computer related skills.

Do you know people can pay you as much as $50-100 per article?

There are so many opportunities out there? Can you create animations? If you can find right clients, you can bank as much as $200-500 per job/client. But this things require proficiency.

Now imagine this: If things had rode smoothly, you wouldn't come here complain nor will you know that some of the tips on opportunities i just shared here exist.

So you see you?

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advice Me. by Donvilo(m): 8:15pm On Nov 06, 2016
O.P, one more thing I will advise you to do is to use this opportuinity to get closer to God. I think you are reaching a point in life when you are starting to search deeper for the true meaning of life. Just open your heart to Him & believe me, He will be there in no mean time. Just my two cents, though

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice Me. by kngblacq: 10:31pm On Nov 06, 2016
automatix:

Do not despair bro. Somethings happen for a reason, beyond our mortal understanding.

See, it could be your destiny isn't one programmed on fastlane but slow.

I have experienced something similar, even my birth was delayed. Yes, normal kids take 9 months, but mine was more than that.

Let's leave that aside and let me share a story of my friend with you.

He was so bright that he finished secondary school at the age of 16. He wrote Jamb in one sitting and passed, thought he was gonna study Medicine. The admission came and was disrupted by strike and so he lost that admission.

Subsequent trials never worked and that was how he stayed at home for 5 years because everything he tried never worked.

He then applied to our school for direct admission and instead of giving him what he applied for, he was given a pre-degree. Which is like 1 year waste lol.

According to him, he wasn't even interested. Someone bought the form and brought it to him to fill. The same person went to submit the form.

Well, his name was out and guess what? Because he wasn't interested, this guy came close to end of the semester at when test was being written. He still came out top. Moved to level 1, came out top. He graduated with distinction at the end of the everything.

Applied to Total, passed everything and now a big boy with house to his name.

He is now ahead of many of them financially. One of his secondary school mate even scammed him some money.

See, you know something happen for reasons and never look at how others have gone ahead of you. Never compare yourself with them because that's a gateway to depression.

Like they advised you above, learn some skills. Excel, website design, content marketing, social media marketing, graphics, plumbing, tiling, pop fixing, welding, anything you know that will start putting money in your pocket immediately after learning. I would rather go for computer related skills.

Do you know people can pay you as much as $50-100 per article?

There are so many opportunities out there? Can you create animations? If you can find right clients, you can bank as much as $200-500 per job/client. But this things require proficiency.

Now imagine this: If things had rode smoothly, you wouldn't come here complain nor will you know that some of the tips on opportunities i just shared here exist.

So you see you?
God bless you for this sir. Thank you
Re: Pls Advice Me. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 06, 2016
Oga from your post it shows that you are spiritually weak that's why the devil is attacking you from every corner. Get closer to God and your problems will be solved. I'm serious.
Something could be behind it. Mind you the spiritual world control the physical.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice Me. by Nobody: 11:19pm On Nov 06, 2016
Self pity kills faster than AIDS. Get yourself together man...Learn a skill or start a business...you're better off than what weighs you down winkSelf pity kills faster than AIDS. Get yourself together man...Learn a skill or start a business...you're better off than what weighs you down

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice Me. by AWONEYAN(m): 6:34am On Nov 07, 2016
kngblacq:

Good to knowyou acknowledge the existence of God, only that You refused to hand over your life to Him....A manufacturer of a product knows the best way to fix it , when you noticed a fault. Know that you are just a clay God is the Potter, why not surrender to Him and let Him make the best out of you.

Effectual fervent prayers of the righteous availeth much. Jabez had it worse, He prayed to God and his story changed..why not convert this depression to agonizing prayers and you will be surprised how God Will turn your shame to glory.........

ITS PAYS TO SERVE JESUS!

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advice Me. by benjibabs(m): 11:18pm On Nov 14, 2016
kngblacq:

Ah! I can relate to your issues very well as I passed through similar scenarios a while back. I started noticing such delays when I was in the secondary school. I noticed a test was not recorded for me in one of my core subjects and told my teacher. He claimed he did not see my test paper, meaning I did not write the test. I had the paper; however, the top was ripped off while my class mates were trying to see my paper as I scored a high mark. My teacher refused to record the mark for me. My dad came to my school to discuss the issue with the guardian counselor; he also refused to accept the paper. Anyways, I finished secondary school and when I received my certificate, my middle name was "wrongly" spelt; they put " D " instead of "F" and that changed the name to a different name. Till today I've an affidavit attached to my certificate to draw folks attention to the error and provide the correct name.

These issues followed me to my university days and I suffered serious consequences. A course mate once asked me why I I had to do things twice or thrice before succeeding. Note that none of these issues were my fault - just people writing my name, matric # etc wrongly. Something must just happen to delay my expectation despite my best effort to guard against errors from my end.

Ok. I graduated and started working, the issues still followed me. I remember vividly how I missed a job opportunity with one of the major oil companies. I passed both 1st and 2nd test. I cleared the interview and then everything went dead. Just one cool afternoon, I got a call from my brother, the company had sent him my invitation for medical test. Guess what? the invitation was sent via DHL and it took about 8 days from Lagos island to mainland. Obviously, they have tried to reach me in vain for some weird reasons and finally they reached out to my next of kin, my brother. In order for me to receive the mail in time, I asked my brother to use my current work place (contracting for another major oil company) internal mail system. Normally, any mail sent from the HQ in Lagos gets to the branch I was same day, but this particular mail did not arrive in 2 days. So, the search started and we finally located the mail in another branch entirely. My colleagues in that branch then forwarded the mail to me only to get lost in transit again. Once again, I searched and found the mail in yet another branch entirely. I finally received the mail after all the run around and the date scheduled for the medical test had passed. Just to fulfill all righteousness, I called the clinic. Immediately, I introduced myself, the nurse on the other side screamed, "where have you been? all your colleagues they sent to us for med test have completed their test and started work." She told me to still come and I did complete the test. she told me to give them about a week, but because for all the delays I've experienced I called after about 4 days. She told me the dr. who reviewed my test had approved me but the dr would like to have a chat with me before sending my file to HR. She said she even tried to persuade the dr to at least send my file to HR since I got the invitation late so that they could continue to process my application and I could see him any time before or after I resumed, but the dr. refused. I said, "thank you ma, but I can dash down by tomorrow." That was when she dropped the bomb shell; the dr has traveled on vacation and would be back in three long weeks. Chai!!!! there is God o! Come see old man dey cry like baby. I still feel the pains of those words even as I type now. Anyways, the dr came back and I saw him and guess what he told me? Some regular info about genotype. He advised me to marry someone with compatible genotype so as not to have SS children. I spent about 5 minutes with him and in my presence he signed off on my med result and told me they would send it over to HR. An that was it! I waited and after few days I called HR, I was told point blank, they already hired all candidates they needed and in case someone leaves or a new opening, they would be in touch. Lobatan!!!

A couple of things you should note in both our experiences:
1.) fighting whatever is causing the issue by yourself never solved the problem, the issue only resurfaced in other areas of your life
2.) the older you get the higher the stake

It is good you acknowledge there is a God, the next thing to do is to reach out to Him to help you. As you can see, your efforts and carefulness have not helped too much. Even when you are extremely careful, someone else will do something that will impact you negatively.
You need to get to the root of the issue and kill it off completely so that it does not spring up again.

Today, I'm free from whatever it was that was causing the set back. I went for deliverance in my church and I prayed with fasting. I could recommend my church or other great churches but since you are not a believer yet I'd advise you to talk direct to God. Simply talk to him like you would talk to your father and ask him to reveal himself to you and wait. Once you connect to God, you will understand how to deal with such issues without pointing accusing fingers to one mama or baba in the village.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advice Me. by kngblacq: 9:58pm On Nov 16, 2016
benjibabs:

Ah! I can relate to your issues very well as I passed through similar scenarios a while back. I started noticing such delays when I was in the secondary school. I noticed a test was not recorded for me in one of my core subjects and told my teacher. He claimed he did not see my test paper, meaning I did not write the test. I had the paper; however, the top was ripped off while my class mates were trying to see my paper as I scored a high mark. My teacher refused to record the mark for me. My dad came to my school to discuss the issue with the guardian counselor; he also refused to accept the paper. Anyways, I finished secondary school and when I received my certificate, my middle name was "wrongly" spelt; they put " D " instead of "F" and that changed the name to a different name. Till today I've an affidavit attached to my certificate to draw folks attention to the error and provide the correct name.

These issues followed me to my university days and I suffered serious consequences. A course mate once asked me why I I had to do things twice or thrice before succeeding. Note that none of these issues were my fault - just people writing my name, matric # etc wrongly. Something must just happen to delay my expectation despite my best effort to guard against errors from my end.

Ok. I graduated and started working, the issues still followed me. I remember vividly how I missed a job opportunity with one of the major oil companies. I passed both 1st and 2nd test. I cleared the interview and then everything went dead. Just one cool afternoon, I got a call from my brother, the company had sent him my invitation for medical test. Guess what? the invitation was sent via DHL and it took about 8 days from Lagos island to mainland. Obviously, they have tried to reach me in vain for some weird reasons and finally they reached out to my next of kin, my brother. In order for me to receive the mail in time, I asked my brother to use my current work place (contracting for another major oil company) internal mail system. Normally, any mail sent from the HQ in Lagos gets to the branch I was same day, but this particular mail did not arrive in 2 days. So, the search started and we finally located the mail in another branch entirely. My colleagues in that branch then forwarded the mail to me only to get lost in transit again. Once again, I searched and found the mail in yet another branch entirely. I finally received the mail after all the run around and the date scheduled for the medical test had passed. Just to fulfill all righteousness, I called the clinic. Immediately, I introduced myself, the nurse on the other side screamed, "where have you been? all your colleagues they sent to us for med test have completed their test and started work." She told me to still come and I did complete the test. she told me to give them about a week, but because for all the delays I've experienced I called after about 4 days. She told me the dr. who reviewed my test had approved me but the dr would like to have a chat with me before sending my file to HR. She said she even tried to persuade the dr to at least send my file to HR since I got the invitation late so that they could continue to process my application and I could see him any time before or after I resumed, but the dr. refused. I said, "thank you ma, but I can dash down by tomorrow." That was when she dropped the bomb shell; the dr has traveled on vacation and would be back in three long weeks. Chai!!!! there is God o! Come see old man dey cry like baby. I still feel the pains of those words even as I type now. Anyways, the dr came back and I saw him and guess what he told me? Some regular info about genotype. He advised me to marry someone with compatible genotype so as not to have SS children. I spent about 5 minutes with him and in my presence he signed off on my med result and told me they would send it over to HR. An that was it! I waited and after few days I called HR, I was told point blank, they already hired all candidates they needed and in case someone leaves or a new opening, they would be in touch. Lobatan!!!

A couple of things you should note in both our experiences:
1.) fighting whatever is causing the issue by yourself never solved the problem, the issue only resurfaced in other areas of your life
2.) the older you get the higher the stake

It is good you acknowledge there is a God, the next thing to do is to reach out to Him to help you. As you can see, your efforts and carefulness have not helped too much. Even when you are extremely careful, someone else will do something that will impact you negatively.
You need to get to the root of the issue and kill it off completely so that it does not spring up again.

Today, I'm free from whatever it was that was causing the set back. I went for deliverance in my church and I prayed with fasting. I could recommend my church or other great churches but since you are not a believer yet I'd advise you to talk direct to God. Simply talk to him like you would talk to your father and ask him to reveal himself to you and wait. Once you connect to God, you will understand how to deal with such issues without pointing accusing fingers to one mama or baba in the village.

wow Thank you so much.
Re: Pls Advice Me. by divinelove(m): 2:58pm On Nov 17, 2016
kngblacq:

Better learn to pray and take ur prayer life seriously
Re: Pls Advice Me. by TalentManager: 7:59pm On Nov 17, 2016
stan4b:
Av been through similar situation b4. Wot I did was to ask God for anoda direction, nd he showed. Every challenge we pass through in life, is meant to prepare us for sometin bigger. I want u to sit down nd ask urself, Wot is it God rili want u to learn. As for me, av learnt my own
lesson. Now, am d most happiest person on earth. Wish I could share my own story with u, but it's quite long. And, pls don't beat urself up bout d service stuff. Av told my mum nd people dat cares to listen dat, most of my coursemates dat has finish serving bout a year ago (though, av graduated nd will serve next year.) will later come nd work under me. Because, life has taught me several lessons dat dey can't even comprehend.

This
Re: Pls Advice Me. by baby124: 1:40am On Feb 04, 2017
kngblacq:
There is no village people anywhere. That is just a joke people like to make.lol. It's just not your time yet. Leave it to God and he will take care of it for you. Also ensure you follow up diligently. Let the people in charge of posting know your face, matric number and the issue that brought you where you are today. Make sure you are persistent but nice to them. All will be well. You will see.

(1) (Reply)

Naming Ceremony: Is It Compulsory? / Pls, Is It Advisable For A Man To Drive His Father In-law To A Social Function? / When Is The Right Time To Have Sex With Ur Partner After Normal Delivery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 175
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.