Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,199 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Who Is An Investor? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Who Is An Investor? (494 Views)

I Need a loan or an Investor / I Need An Investor To Partner With Me - Plantain Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is An Investor? by sultaan(m): 12:01am On Nov 07, 2016
I have heard a lot of time that the Nigerian government is shopping for investors and I still don't understand who is considered an investor.

Reason for my confusion is that is there a minimum amount of dollar value that has to be brought into the country to be considered an investor by the government. Will these investment be in equipment, or cash to qualify for the incentives.

I see the president go all around the world looking for individuals to bring in $10m in investments but these people will only come in with that much money when there is a guarantee that it is recouped almost immediately, or a joint venture that is lopsided.

No company will bring in $10m cash, just '$10m' worth of equipment government providing land, and supply dollar at cheap rate to be sent back to investor's base.
So how much cash/raw goods do those investment sent out every year?

My thought is how much does it cost to bring in $10m of investment from a single investor that will take profit out when compared to giving 1000 Nigerians abroad a reason to spend $100 a month in Nigeria.

Do we keep on chasing and spending money on those who will raid the economy or do we focus on those that are vested i the economy
Re: Who Is An Investor? by sultaan(m): 12:12am On Nov 07, 2016
I know this might be a subject for business section but when the politicians and ministers talk about foreign investments, who are they really targeting.

How do you define an average investor?

People on the street say there is no dollar, but they never actually spend the money.

Do investors fly in with bags of money (forex) change it at BDC then spend it all in Nigeria or do they actually build an enterprise.Does the fate of the country depend on outside influence as portrayed by the president or another look at how the country describes an investor.

Maybe we are ignoring what we have in abundance, people who put their money in what they believe not hoarding dollars

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders Please I Need Your Help. / Spy Recording Pen / A Chat About MMM And The Current Bruhaha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.