Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,832 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Wizkid Wins “best Africa Act” At The 2016 MTV Emas - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wizkid Wins “best Africa Act” At The 2016 MTV Emas (16161 Views)

Wizkid Wins 3 Billboard Music Awards And Counting, Checkout Full List / Female Celebrities' Outfits To The 2016 Ghana Movie Awards / MTV EMAs: Alikiba, Not Wizkid Should Have Won - Tanzanians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Wins “best Africa Act” At The 2016 MTV Emas by AleAirHub(m): 11:52am On Nov 07, 2016
Nice
Re: Wizkid Wins “best Africa Act” At The 2016 MTV Emas by LecciGucci: 11:53am On Nov 07, 2016
M
Re: Wizkid Wins “best Africa Act” At The 2016 MTV Emas by Flashh: 11:53am On Nov 07, 2016
verygudbadguy:
Flashh

Kindly update your post. He won the Best African Act and Worldwide Act at the MTV EMAS.

On the same night, he won the Best African Act at AFRIMA Awards.

Cheers!
Thanks for the update bro!

What should I update? I don't get.
Re: Wizkid Wins “best Africa Act” At The 2016 MTV Emas by abdulmuqsit15(m): 11:55am On Nov 07, 2016
OK
Re: Wizkid Wins “best Africa Act” At The 2016 MTV Emas by UyiIredi(m): 11:58am On Nov 07, 2016
And what hit song has he released this year ? Crap.
Re: Wizkid Wins “best Africa Act” At The 2016 MTV Emas by verygudbadguy(m): 12:04pm On Nov 07, 2016
Flashh:
Thanks for the update bro!

What should I update? I don't get.

The awards he won.. You stated only one.

He also won the the Worldwide Act award making it two awards at the MTV EMAS.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Wins “best Africa Act” At The 2016 MTV Emas by Rilwayne001: 12:05pm On Nov 07, 2016
9jaBloke:
Wheezy...balling out of control. carry go babanla.

He was established and has won major awards long before that collaboration. Drake added to his pedigree? Yes, brought him to limelight? Naaaa.

The limelight i meant in my earlier post is about his restriction to African music alone. No one knows him outside African till skepta featured him and Drake in the remix of Ojuelegba. It was because drake featured him in the award winning popular music (one dance) that made him more popular outside Africa. Tell me, how many interesting song has he sang so far this year that warrant the awards he's getting so far?

Certainly -without drake and other big names abroad to feature him again - his fame will come down abysmally because he doesn't really make good music on his own.
Re: Wizkid Wins “best Africa Act” At The 2016 MTV Emas by willibounce1(m): 12:17pm On Nov 07, 2016
Star bwoy anyday anytime. And one ram said he is doing lousy music ... some oversabi naija goats will be acting as if they know better... the people that gave him the award know very well that he deserves it.
Re: Wizkid Wins “best Africa Act” At The 2016 MTV Emas by 400billionman: 12:27pm On Nov 07, 2016
After listening to Ojulegba, one can confirm that wizzy wrote " One Dance " for DRAKE..

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Wins “best Africa Act” At The 2016 MTV Emas by gwmlogistic: 12:29pm On Nov 07, 2016
Rilwayne001:

The limelight i meant in my earlier post is about his restriction to African music alone. No one knows him outside African till skepta featured him and Drake in the remix of Ojuelegba. It was because drake featured him in the award winning popular music (one dance) that made him more popular outside Africa. Tell me, how many interesting song has he sang so far this year that warrant the awards he's getting so far?

Certainly -without drake and other big names abroad to feature him again - his fame will come down abysmally because he doesn't really make good music on his own.
So your wish is for his fame to come down.
The young fella in his own Lane doing his thing, u also in yours. Why would u wanna sit and postulate when someone fame wld come down. Try putting that energy in your hustle.
Just a quick reminder, one dance was his brain child.
Support your own. If there was no wizkid there wouldn't be a one dance

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Wins “best Africa Act” At The 2016 MTV Emas by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 07, 2016
9jaBloke:
Wheezy...balling out of control. carry go babanla.

He was established and has won major awards long before that collaboration. Drake added to his pedigree? Yes, brought him to limelight? Naaaa.

He was established and had won major awards long before that collaboration. Drake added to his pedigree? Yes. Brought him to limelight? Naaaa.

There you go sir! Fixed grammar and punctuation, thank me not.
Re: Wizkid Wins “best Africa Act” At The 2016 MTV Emas by 400billionman: 12:37pm On Nov 07, 2016
Rilwayne001:
His collaboration with Drake brought him to limelight. Really Drake has got that Midas touch.

What did you just say ?

Drake listened to OJUELEGBA and asked wizzy for a Remix featuring Drake and Skepta. Check google.

It was the Ojuelegba that opened the Drake collaborations leading to One dance. And if you are a music student, you will know that the lines in ONE DANCE were written by Wizkid.

Before the Drake collabos, Wizkid had already been noticed by Chris Brown a year ahead of Drake who took him for shows in different Aftican countries in 2015. Chris in an interview expressed his love for Wizkid single AZONTO FREESTYLE.. Chris further invited Wizkid for Europe and America tours in 2016.

Bro, the words you used in describing Wizkid are so mean. He is far above that class.

It is like saying Kanye West or Jay Z brought Don Jazzy to limelight..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wizkid Wins “best Africa Act” At The 2016 MTV Emas by feranmi7(m): 12:58pm On Nov 07, 2016
Different sizes of plots of land for sale in our prospective estates in Ibeju Lekki,Atan-Ota,Ikorodu and Asaba.

all our estates have documents and can be verified before any further enquiriy.

Developers: Salescraft properties ltd Festac town,Lagos.

* listen to our radio programme (Apostle Landlord)on Wednesdays,Thursdays and Fridays on 92.3 Inspiration FM by 8:30am each day.

* No omonile harassment

* 100% dry land

* Flexible payment plans available for your choice of payment.

* Perimeter Fencing with Gate houses in all our estates.

* Pay 50% and spread the rest payments and/or choose from any of our installment payment plans.

Call or whatsapp Afolabi on 08136614439.

Re: Wizkid Wins “best Africa Act” At The 2016 MTV Emas by 9jaBloke: 12:58pm On Nov 07, 2016
Rilwayne001:

The limelight i meant in my earlier post is about his restriction to African music alone. No one know him outside African till skepta featured him and Drake in the remix of Ojuelegba. It was because drake featured him in the award winning popular music (one dance) that made him more popular outside Africa. Tell me, how many interesting song has he sang so far this year that warrant the awards he's getting so far?
Certainly -without drake and other big names abroad to feature him again - his fake will come down abysmally because he doesn't really make good music on his own.

Then you should edit your initial post to read "brought him to intercontinental/global limelight". Even at that, you'ld still be wrong.

Ojuelegba remix dropped in 2015.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdDpr--__YY

Wizkid won a MOBO award in 2011, a BET Award in 2012 and garnered consecutive nominations for Best African act at the MTV European music awards in 2011, 2012 and 2013. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Wizkid

He shared the same stage with: Jayz, Beyonce, Usher, Chris Brown and lots of other international A-listers and collaborated with some long before 2015.

So please come back and tell us exactly how Drake shot him to limelight.

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wins “best Africa Act” At The 2016 MTV Emas by ArabMopol(m): 1:05pm On Nov 07, 2016
he won it by singing absolutely nonsense... he lost it immediately he borrowed that American accents, Americans will always appreciate their own, if u say nah lie ask Dbanj and ikechukwu how far
Re: Wizkid Wins “best Africa Act” At The 2016 MTV Emas by Emperorkennyk(m): 1:08pm On Nov 07, 2016
You truly a BABA NLA. love that yoruba boy

Re: Wizkid Wins “best Africa Act” At The 2016 MTV Emas by Rilwayne001: 1:16pm On Nov 07, 2016
gwmlogistic:

So your wish is for his fame to come down.

Sorry, if that's how it appears. But honestly that's not what I'm trying to say. My point is, without someone with a midas touch like drake, he wouldn't have been famed intercontinentally as he is today. I ask again, how many above par music has wizkid produced that received incontinental recognition? Kindly answer this question with a honesty.

The young fella in his own Lane doing his thing, u also in yours. Why would u wanna sit and postulate when someone fame wld come down. Try putting that energy in your hustle.
Just a quick reminder, one dance was his brain child.

Whether or not i postulate his fame coming down, it is definitely coming down one day just like death is coming down to us whether our enemies wishes it for us now or not. Don't get me wrong though, because I'm not hating on him. My point is, he doesn't make much interesting music as he's portrayed to be. Fine, he's one of the brain behind "one dance", and you cant deny the fact that without drake one dance wouldn't have been recognized globally as it is. So i ask, what other interesting music has wizkid produced this year or even last year aside one dance that warranted him winning the awards he's winning?

Support your own. If there was no wizkid there wouldn't be a one dance

I support him. Infact, aside Olamide, I've got much of his music than any other Nigerian artist. But his music are on my phone not because they are interesting with good lyrics and beats, but definitely because i like him naturally.

Now as to "one dance", have you bothered to listen to the remix by Justin bieber? I tell you, it makes more sense than that of drake and there's no wizkid backup to it.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wins “best Africa Act” At The 2016 MTV Emas by Rilwayne001: 1:24pm On Nov 07, 2016
400billionman:

What did you just say ?

Wizkid is overrated.

Drake listened to OJUELEGBA and asked wizzy for a Remix featuring Drake and Skepta. Check google.

Skepta played it for drake and he showed interest in it and decided to collaborate and make a remix

It was the Ojuelegba that opened the Drake collaborations leading to One dance. And if you are a music student, you will know that the lines in ONE DANCE were written by Wizkid.

Wow! Well I'm not a music student neither am i a musician, but can you tell me how you got to know that the lines were written by wizkid?

Before the Drake collabos, Wizkid had already been noticed by Chris Brown a year ahead of Drake who took him for shows in different Aftican countries in 2015. Chris in an interview expressed his love for Wizkid single AZONTO FREESTYLE.. Chris further invited Wizkid for Europe and America tours in 2016.

So because he was noticed by Chris brown, how many music did they collaborate to make?

Bro, the words you used in describing Wizkid are so mean. He is far above that class.

It is like saying Kanye West or Jay Z brought Don Jazzy to limelight..

grin

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wins “best Africa Act” At The 2016 MTV Emas by Rilwayne001: 1:28pm On Nov 07, 2016
9jaBloke:

Then you should edit your initial post to read "brought him to intercontinental/global limelight". Even at that, you'ldstill be wrong.

Wizkid won a MOBO award in 2011, a BET Award in 2012 and garnered consecutive nominations for Best African act at the MTV European music awards in 2011, 2012 and 2013. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Wizkid

All these are in 2012 when he was singing Omo to shan and so on grin grin show me one of his best music this year that warranted the awards he got? It's very simple.

So please come back and tell us exactly how Drake shot him to limelight.

Without " One dance" he wouldn't have gotten all that he's getting now. That's my point.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid Wins “best Africa Act” At The 2016 MTV Emas by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 07, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
Who cares
me cheesy
Re: Wizkid Wins “best Africa Act” At The 2016 MTV Emas by 9jaBloke: 1:37pm On Nov 07, 2016
Rilwayne001:

All these are in 2012 when he was singing Omo to shan and so on grin grin show me the one of his best music this year that warrant the awards he got? It's very simple.

Okay, so you agree that he sang 'Omo to shan' and won awards globally. Case closed.

1 Like

Re: Wizkid Wins “best Africa Act” At The 2016 MTV Emas by Timitunechi(m): 2:49pm On Nov 07, 2016
ceejay80s:
internet ranting afonja

pls Igbo make peace with your brain so that you can behave well and stop all this tribalism ......the young man is doing better than your drug peddling flat groundnut shaped head greedy father's ,uncles and brothers ...appreciate a good thing ...and once again always use you head
Re: Wizkid Wins “best Africa Act” At The 2016 MTV Emas by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 2:55pm On Nov 07, 2016
adonbilivit:
I have one request; all wizkid fans should go on twitter and make the hashtag #staryboy trend and make it clear to the world that our wizzy is the real staryboy and not american singer theweeknd. let's hold it down for our own before theweeknd steals what's his.

You welcome.

Re: Wizkid Wins “best Africa Act” At The 2016 MTV Emas by AkinPhysicist: 3:11pm On Nov 07, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Wizkid Wins “best Africa Act” At The 2016 MTV Emas by sirjomore(m): 3:56pm On Nov 07, 2016
I'm happy for wiz. hardwork and smartness pays
Re: Wizkid Wins “best Africa Act” At The 2016 MTV Emas by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 07, 2016
adonbilivit:
I have one request; all wizkid fans should go on twitter and make the hashtag #staryboy trend and make it clear to the world that our wizzy is the real staryboy and not american singer theweeknd. let's hold it down for our own before theweeknd steals what's his.

Re: Wizkid Wins “best Africa Act” At The 2016 MTV Emas by pedrilo: 6:05pm On Nov 07, 2016
nor be dat stewpeed alikiba dey wan ruffle should wit wiz for him country?
now we know who;s boss

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mercy Johnson Is Most Popular Nigerian Celebrity On Google Search In 2011 / Burna Boy And Rema Get 2020 MTV EMA Nominations / Where Is Funke Akindele School Of Drama Located In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.