Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,671 members, 7,837,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Rapture: Before, During Or After The Antichrist? (based On The Bible) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rapture: Before, During Or After The Antichrist? (based On The Bible) (543 Views)

Nigerian Lady Says She Is An Antichrist And A River Goddess / Where Did The Doctrine Of Rapture Before The Tribulation Come From / Is The Rapture Before Or After The Great Tribulation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rapture: Before, During Or After The Antichrist? (based On The Bible) by ujiriukiri(m): 7:16am On Nov 07, 2016
Based on the Bible, The Great tribulation would bring about the Antichrist.
Does rapture come before, during or after the coming of the Antichrist?

***DEFINITIONS***
Great tribulation: is a period mentioned by Jesus in the Olivet discourse as a sign that would occur in the time of the end
Rapture: refers to believers who have died will be raised and believers who are still alive and remain shall be caught up together with them (the resurrected dead believers) in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.
Antichrist: (or False Messiah) refers to a figure of evil that will falsely claim to be the Christ (Messiah).

Please Note:
1. Argument isn't about the authenticity of the Bible, or believe in a supreme being (God).
2. Using Bible verses to support your claims is highly encouraged.
Re: Rapture: Before, During Or After The Antichrist? (based On The Bible) by Ken4Christ: 8:37am On Nov 07, 2016
The Rapture of the Church will take place before the great tribulation. This are the scriptural proofs

1 Thessalonians 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which DELIVERED US FROM THE WRATH TO COME

1 Thessalonians 5:9 For God HATH NOT APPOINTED US TO WRATH , but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

The first Scripture reference says that God has delivered us from the wrath to come. The Great tribulation period is a period the devil will unleash his wrath on Christians left behind.

The second reference says God has not appointed us to wrath.

Another proof is in the book of Revelation. John saw the raptured Saints in heaven revealed as four beasts long before the great tribulation period began

Revelation 4:6 And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.

How do we know the beasts refer to the Saints?

Revelation 5:8-9 reveals who these beasts are;

8 And when he had taken the book, the FOUR BEASTS and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and HAST REDEEMED US to God by thy blood OUT OF EVERY KINDRED , and TONGUE , and PEOPLE , and NATION.

The great tribulation period of the Saints left behind is revealed in the seventh chapter of the book of Revelation

Revelation 7:13-14.
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

I hope this answers your question.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rapture: Before, During Or After The Antichrist? (based On The Bible) by ujiriukiri(m): 9:58pm On Nov 07, 2016
@ken4christ
Ken4Christ:

The Rapture of the Church will take place before the great tribulation. This are the scriptural proofs
I'll like to point out somethings I noticed with your post.
1 Thessalonians 1:10 - WRATH doesn't necessarily mean the great tribulation. It could as well everlasting punishment(hell)!

Similarly, in 1 Thessalonians 5:9 - WRATH doesn't necessarily mean the great tribulation. Chapter 5 talks about "the coming of the lord". Specifically (v 8 )- But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
If rapture is pre-tribulation, why admonish them to still remain strong during the "destruction" (v 3).

Revelation 4:6, 5:8-9 doesn't say anything about four beasts being saints. It refers to "the Lamb", I presume Jesus(from the context) who died for the sins of the world

Revelation 7:1-8 clearly speaks of the 144,000 that would not be harmed!
And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. -Revelation 7:14.
"came out of great tribulation" shows that they experienced it!

Also, Revelation 7:16 - They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
Why would this be of any significance if they didn't endure through the great tribulation
Re: Rapture: Before, During Or After The Antichrist? (based On The Bible) by ujiriukiri(m): 10:03pm On Nov 07, 2016
Consider the following
In Matthew 24, Jesus tells His disciples, "They will deliver you up to tribulation, and put you to death" (v. 9);
and this is said prior to the statement that "many will fall away...most men's love will grow cold...this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world" (vv. 10-14).
Clearly tribulation here precedes the return of Christ and the rapture of the church.

"For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not." -Matthew 24:21-23

"Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. " -Matthew 24:21-23

Another memorable statement of Jesus is found in John 16:33"In the world you have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." Tribulation has been and will be the lot of all who truly follow Christ.

"And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." - Revelation 7:14. This happens prior to the return of Christ, which is not actually described until chapter 19.

(1) (Reply)

Daily Prayer Of An Atheist To God / Can A Reverend Father Go To A Native Doctor?. / Speaker of the House of Reps Celebrates Rev Dr. Chris Oyakhilome on his birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.