Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,982 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

My Journey Around The Sun (etisalat Flash Fiction) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Journey Around The Sun (etisalat Flash Fiction) (808 Views)

Before The Sun Sets (A Short Story) / To Participants: Was Etisalat Flash Fiction A Fair Competition / The Etisalat Flash Fiction Contest Has Started. These Are My 7 Best Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Journey Around The Sun (etisalat Flash Fiction) by drizzit(m): 7:06pm On Nov 08, 2016
I am a passenger on a journey I never bargained for. Thrown into the world to drift down the stream of life till I have run the scale of living and sounded every tone, drunk the purest vintage, tasted all the cooks, heard the finest music, read the rarest books and tasted all the pleasures that this journey can offer me.
“Hey mister. You are now a man”. Words I can hear the sun whisper as it sees my bones grow old and weary, passengers I have brought along on this journey and the deep etched lines of age marking my once handsome face.
1,768 weeks around the sun has taken its toil on me. I have learned to appreciate and be wary of drivers, stragglers and hitchhikers alike on this perilous trip. I cherish the memories of my pastel colors from my childhood which I thought were not as black as my soul.
I am not a babe any more and it brings grief to my heart. I wish I can have the naïve heart of my early days. However, middle age creeps up me. Who can fathom the soul that will emerge from another three decades around the sun? I am sure of a few things. I will love to lay alone and unmolested where the vultures do not rave while my eternal journey around Helios continues.

Guys abeg make una epp me.....na just one vote....one....make we all win

https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=1836

2 Likes

Re: My Journey Around The Sun (etisalat Flash Fiction) by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 08, 2016
You are very poetic.
Re: My Journey Around The Sun (etisalat Flash Fiction) by drizzit(m): 9:47am On Nov 09, 2016
Funnicator:
You are very poetic.

Thanks bro.....oya drop vote naaa.... grin
Re: My Journey Around The Sun (etisalat Flash Fiction) by LeMubs(f): 10:10am On Nov 09, 2016
Nice write up Thumbs up
Vote my write up too Link is on my signature.
Re: My Journey Around The Sun (etisalat Flash Fiction) by drizzit(m): 10:29am On Nov 09, 2016
LeMubs:
Nice write up
Thumbs up

Vote my write up too
Link is on my signature.

Scratch my back.....i do urs....u game?
Re: My Journey Around The Sun (etisalat Flash Fiction) by LeMubs(f): 2:09pm On Nov 09, 2016
drizzit:

Scratch my back.....i do urs....u game?

why not
Re: My Journey Around The Sun (etisalat Flash Fiction) by drizzit(m): 2:49pm On Nov 09, 2016
LeMubs:

why not

Checking it out.....
Re: My Journey Around The Sun (etisalat Flash Fiction) by drizzit(m): 2:52pm On Nov 09, 2016
drizzit:

Checking it out.....

Voted....

Your turn.

Re: My Journey Around The Sun (etisalat Flash Fiction) by LeMubs(f): 6:01pm On Nov 09, 2016
drizzit:

Checking it out.....

Voted yours.
Re: My Journey Around The Sun (etisalat Flash Fiction) by drizzit(m): 1:45pm On Nov 10, 2016
LeMubs:

Voted yours.

Thanks miss
Re: My Journey Around The Sun (etisalat Flash Fiction) by drizzit(m): 9:37pm On Nov 12, 2016
Hallo folks..... smiley
Re: My Journey Around The Sun (etisalat Flash Fiction) by HelenaG(f): 9:48pm On Nov 12, 2016
Lovely! Let's trade votes. Interested? My link is
https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=2454

drizzit:
I am a passenger on a journey I never bargained for. Thrown into the world to drift down the stream of life till I have run the scale of living and sounded every tone, drunk the purest vintage, tasted all the cooks, heard the finest music, read the rarest books and tasted all the pleasures that this journey can offer me.
“Hey mister. You are now a man”. Words I can hear the sun whisper as it sees my bones grow old and weary, passengers I have brought along on this journey and the deep etched lines of age marking my once handsome face.
1,768 weeks around the sun has taken its toil on me. I have learned to appreciate and be wary of drivers, stragglers and hitchhikers alike on this perilous trip. I cherish the memories of my pastel colors from my childhood which I thought were not as black as my soul.
I am not a babe any more and it brings grief to my heart. I wish I can have the naïve heart of my early days. However, middle age creeps up me. Who can fathom the soul that will emerge from another three decades around the sun? I am sure of a few things. I will love to lay alone and unmolested where the vultures do not rave while my eternal journey around Helios continues.

Guys abeg make una epp me.....na just one vote....one....make we all win

https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=1836
Re: My Journey Around The Sun (etisalat Flash Fiction) by drizzit(m): 12:45pm On Nov 13, 2016
HelenaG:
Lovely! Let's trade votes. Interested? My link is
https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=2454

sure!

Just voted for the other woman....

Nice read

1 Like

Re: My Journey Around The Sun (etisalat Flash Fiction) by HelenaG(f): 12:50pm On Nov 13, 2016
Voted! Great piece. Thank you

drizzit:
sure!

Just voted for the other woman....

Nice read

(1) (Reply)

The Story Of My Life: A Short Motivational Story From Www.biadefola.com.ng / Poetry Monday: Showers Of Blessings By Soibi Ransom / See The Trending Poem Inspired By Nigerian Model With Tribal Marks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.