Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

National Troupe Stages Death And The Kings Horseman To Honour Wole Soyinka - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / National Troupe Stages Death And The Kings Horseman To Honour Wole Soyinka (8270 Views)

Wole Soyinka Battled With Prostate Cancer / Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) / Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Troupe Stages Death And The Kings Horseman To Honour Wole Soyinka by akelicious(m): 4:34am On Nov 09, 2016
The National Troupe of Nigeria will, on November 19 and 20 at the National Theatre, stage one of Prof. Wole Soyinka’s most performed plays Death and the King’s Horseman. The play will be staged as part of the troupe’s ongoing Nigeria’s independence celebration performances and 30th year commemoration of Soyinka’s 1986 Nobel Prize feat.

Artistic Director and Chief Executive Officer of the troupe, Mr. Akin Adejuwon, explained that the staging the play is more propitious because it is 30 years since Africa and, indeed the world, joined Nigeria in celebrating Soyinka’s Nobel Prize for Literature.

‘’Recall that Professor Soyinka became the first African to be awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1986,” Adejuwon said. “This is a feat that is worth celebrating and we have chosen one of his epic plays, which incidentally was written at about this time 40 years ago, to celebrate the performing and literary icon.

“Indeed, we find the play, which has been acknowledged as one of Africa’s best book of the 20th century, fitting to celebrate this living legend and icon.”
Also, Mr. Adejuwon hinted that the November 19 staging would be a command performance that will be hosted by the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed. He, however, stated that the play, which will be directed by Mike Anyanwu and performed by some guest artists and artists of the National Troupe will open to a paying audience on November 20.
More at http://www.akelicious.com/2016/11/national-troupe-stages-death-and-kings.html?m=1

Re: National Troupe Stages Death And The Kings Horseman To Honour Wole Soyinka by hobermener: 6:05am On Nov 09, 2016
Aiit

1 Like

Re: National Troupe Stages Death And The Kings Horseman To Honour Wole Soyinka by luvinhubby(m): 6:09am On Nov 09, 2016
Waiting for him, the mad professor to tear his American green card since it is obvious Trump has won the election.

5 Likes

Re: National Troupe Stages Death And The Kings Horseman To Honour Wole Soyinka by maskamdo(m): 6:17am On Nov 09, 2016
Wish I could be at the theater and front row at that, cos that play am sure is gonna be epic.
Re: National Troupe Stages Death And The Kings Horseman To Honour Wole Soyinka by temmypotter(m): 6:18am On Nov 09, 2016
luvinhubby:
Waiting for him for the mad professor to tear his American green card since it is obvious Trump has won the election.
lmao!. trump for president. if I hear he tears it, I dont know why some of these folks make stupid boasts, it doesn't reduce him if he keeps mum and just watches the elections.

3 Likes

Re: National Troupe Stages Death And The Kings Horseman To Honour Wole Soyinka by demolinka(m): 6:19am On Nov 09, 2016
Kongi! He deserves every bit of the accolades; Nobel prize no be beans.
Re: National Troupe Stages Death And The Kings Horseman To Honour Wole Soyinka by Kunleskey(m): 6:24am On Nov 09, 2016
Re: National Troupe Stages Death And The Kings Horseman To Honour Wole Soyinka by Kunleskey(m): 6:26am On Nov 09, 2016
godwinkessi:
My first time to comment on nairaland, which means trump is winning this election! So finally professor will be tearing his green card. *crying
says who? Wetin concern me self ?
Re: National Troupe Stages Death And The Kings Horseman To Honour Wole Soyinka by checkolatunji: 6:39am On Nov 09, 2016
luvinhubby:
Waiting for him for the mad professor to tear his American green card since it is obvious Trump has won the election.

Re: National Troupe Stages Death And The Kings Horseman To Honour Wole Soyinka by RZArecta(m): 6:45am On Nov 09, 2016
Would have preferred "Trials of brother Jero" smiley

1 Like

Re: National Troupe Stages Death And The Kings Horseman To Honour Wole Soyinka by unapologetic: 6:57am On Nov 09, 2016
luvinhubby:

Would you call your father a mad man?

2 Likes

Re: National Troupe Stages Death And The Kings Horseman To Honour Wole Soyinka by stinggy(m): 7:16am On Nov 09, 2016
luvinhubby:
anxiously waiting too. Hope a calls a press conference.
He could have comfortably avoided the election question
Re: National Troupe Stages Death And The Kings Horseman To Honour Wole Soyinka by datola: 7:16am On Nov 09, 2016
luvinhubby:

Kid, it is always good to stand for something in life

2 Likes

Re: National Troupe Stages Death And The Kings Horseman To Honour Wole Soyinka by iamtewwy(m): 7:18am On Nov 09, 2016
Tbh i dint understand the thread headlines. I thought mayb his dead cheesy i rushed in to type rip bro cheesy
Re: National Troupe Stages Death And The Kings Horseman To Honour Wole Soyinka by emsquare(m): 7:24am On Nov 09, 2016
Okay
Re: National Troupe Stages Death And The Kings Horseman To Honour Wole Soyinka by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:56am On Nov 09, 2016
luvinhubby:
Waiting for him, the mad professor to tear his American green card since it is obvious Trump has won the election.

Tear Gini? grin grin if I hear.
Re: National Troupe Stages Death And The Kings Horseman To Honour Wole Soyinka by Celsony: 9:40am On Nov 09, 2016
[quote author=luvinhubby post=50883400]Waiting for him, the mad professor to tear his American green card since it is obvious Trump has won the election. [quote]

No mind the man, he thinks that Americans are Nigerians or what. Lets see (shocked) whether he will keep to his words shocked
Re: National Troupe Stages Death And The Kings Horseman To Honour Wole Soyinka by Dainikel(m): 10:40am On Nov 09, 2016
That's an amazing feat but what happens to his green card? Just wondering if he's gonna stick to his promise
Re: National Troupe Stages Death And The Kings Horseman To Honour Wole Soyinka by Emassive(m): 11:42am On Nov 09, 2016
Wole Soyinka is a Noble Nigerian who will follow his words with Action. He promised what he can do. I also expect it to be on Live TV
Re: National Troupe Stages Death And The Kings Horseman To Honour Wole Soyinka by Antoeni(m): 4:45pm On Nov 09, 2016
Prof go ahead n destroy ur green card,it has served its purpose,moreover non of ur children can inherit it

(1) (Reply)

Book Summary - The Psychology Of Selling By Brian Tracy / 16 Notes On How To End A Life By Akachi Chukwuemeka. UNN Suicidal Student / Rhoda Season 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.