Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,267 members, 7,836,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Lessons From The 2016 US Polls - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lessons From The 2016 US Polls (393 Views)

5 Secret Life Lessons To Learn From The Chess Game - Become Successful In Life / Chelsea Are Now The 2016/2017 League Winner: 5 Stats You Should Know! / NYSC Might Not Mobilize All For The 2016 Batch B Service Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lessons From The 2016 US Polls by Mescopaul(m): 11:06am On Nov 09, 2016
Ignatius D. Meshack

As the USA celebrates Donald J. Trump as the new president who will take over the White House from Barrack Obama, can we learn a few things please?

I personally watched the final debate between Trump and Clinton on Youtube.

I was grinning from ear to ear as the cool headed Madam Clinton responded to Trump's allegations and how the hot headed Trump fumbled before he could have a grasp to counter the allegations against him.

At times, the allegations against themselves by themselves went messy and vulgar.

Everyone respected the tactical wits of Clinton against the bellowing whims of Trump.

The media painted Trump blue-black.

Trump made derrogatory remarks about Nigerians and the blacks in general, people kind of hated his bloatedness, some termed him arrogant and proud.

Haa...even some prophets in Nigeria went further to prophesy that a woman would take over the White House and all that ...

I personally didn't like Trump's manner of speaking. I had him on Twitter, and his tweets were always 'arrogant' and on the defensive so to speak.

BUT,
by and large, it seems USA knew too well that the social media is just a place to be social and that's all.
Anything being propagated there has little or no hold on reality. So they still voted for him into office.

Nigerians and everyone, please learn that.

The social media is a social media and remains a social media.

The real world is a real world and remains a real world.

USA citizens understands this well, hence they were not fooled by all the brouhaha propagated by the social media, they followed, voted and decided with their hearts, not with their fives senses.

Nigeria, Africa and the world at large: learn that.

Let socials be socials, and let reality be reality.

Don't take it into your home, don't take it into your family. Be ruled by your heart, not your head and those deluded five senses.

What do we also learn from the US polls?

Perseverance, doggedness, an optimistic mindset, a positive mental attitude, I can go on and on.

Trump was ridiculed and mesmerized by the social media, yet he wasn't bamboozled or pessimistic.

He just had a mindset that, The White House belongs to him, any time any day, and it did belong to him after all.

Almost similar to this is the Edo polls.

I happened to watch a part of the debate between PDP's Ize-Iyamu and APC's Obaseki. Oh..pastor spoke eloquently well. Infact his answers to questions thrown at him showed off that he had confidence, oratory and all that...

That was in contrast with Obaseki's coy and 'retarded' composture. Stammering and finding it quite difficult to put words together.

At that time I also thought, Ize-Iyamu had it! (Oh, do I have a poor sense of judgement?)

But, what happened? You know the story. Very soon Obaseki would be taking the oat at the swearing-in-ceremony to be the next governor of Edo state.

Dear friends, your beginning doesn't really matter, your end does big time.

Be optimistic. Be positive. Be dogged.

Thank you for your time. SHARE to bless others.

Ignatius D. Meshack

#Mescopaul

http://mescopaul..in/2016/11/lessons-from-2016-us-polls.html
Re: Lessons From The 2016 US Polls by Mescopaul(m): 12:32pm On Nov 09, 2016
Lalasticlala ..lets all learn..spread the lessons.

(1) (Reply)

••• Newly Constructed Container ••• / How To Survive During Recession / Osun Assembly Begins Probe Of Aregbesola Over N34.5bn Bailout Fund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.