Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

My Opinion On 4G LTE Smartphones Is It Economical? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Opinion On 4G LTE Smartphones Is It Economical? (1336 Views)

Glo Starts Offering Free 4G LTE Smartphones For Users / Top Cheapest 4G LTE Smartphones In Nigeria Under 50 Naira / See The New Tecno WX3 And WX3 LTE Smartphones Running Android 7.0 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Opinion On 4G LTE Smartphones Is It Economical? by invincible560(m): 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2016
What's so special about the newer versions of  Smartphones? 4G LTE. The rate at which 3G network consumes battery most especially while downnloading is very high. So, why forcing yourself to be the best among the equals?
Another thing is the cost of 4G LTE phones. The cheapest phone that has 4G LTE is nothing less than N50,000 if at most you get yourself Tecno C5 for less than N30,000, don't forget to consider the battery life as the phone battery is 2500Mah.

What's The Best Alternative To 4G Smartphones??

Choice might differs but to me buying a 4G smartphones is not economical at all if 4G network is what you want then get yourself a MIFI 4G modem which is sold for just N10,000. You can walk into any of your ISP office and get the MIFI router.You can then power the MIFi router to your 3G or even tablets via hotspot. It can connect up to 10 devices.

source:http://www.techfashy.com/2016/11/my-opinion-on-4g-lte-smartphones-is-it-economical.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: My Opinion On 4G LTE Smartphones Is It Economical? by Tbillz(m): 6:58pm On Nov 09, 2016
Smart Note to the 4g lte brainwashing. Nigns are smart to react at recession bt ego of using the lastest has been a great challenge since 1900BC!
Re: My Opinion On 4G LTE Smartphones Is It Economical? by Psychodavidovic(m): 7:06pm On Nov 09, 2016
Op. You just said my mind.
Re: My Opinion On 4G LTE Smartphones Is It Economical? by Baroba(m): 7:13pm On Nov 09, 2016
Some people want fast downloads on the go, nobody wants to be walking around with a mifi just to access 4g, the world is moving.. we should just pray for cheaper data and cheaper 4g phones .. After using 4G, i hate seeing even H+ on my phone.. grin

Uhans a101 is a cheap 4g phone btw...
Re: My Opinion On 4G LTE Smartphones Is It Economical? by johnstar(m): 7:13pm On Nov 09, 2016
Op

Everybody shulDnt b lyk u

Its a choice abeg, I juz dey tire for ppl and 2much talk, juz to make front page

Ppl wey dey buy d phone knw how it cost
Re: My Opinion On 4G LTE Smartphones Is It Economical? by DCMIX(m): 7:25pm On Nov 09, 2016
when u have money, things like this wont come to ur mind.

1 Like

Re: My Opinion On 4G LTE Smartphones Is It Economical? by Youngpo413: 8:47pm On Nov 09, 2016
Your opinion though.
Re: My Opinion On 4G LTE Smartphones Is It Economical? by Nobody: 6:42am On Nov 10, 2016
I think it guzzles alot of battery which I find inconvenient.
Re: My Opinion On 4G LTE Smartphones Is It Economical? by aurora777: 9:17am On Nov 11, 2016
Given the recession in the country, I agree completely with you. It makes sense to save funds these days and still get the best value for your money.
4G phones are not really a necessity.

1 Like

Re: My Opinion On 4G LTE Smartphones Is It Economical? by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 11, 2016
Op, let me ask u... Do u still use CRT TV? At least they are cheaper than flat screen led HDTV. I mean what's the point of HDTV just because u want to watch in HD. That's the way it is... HDTV are more expensive but u get value for ur money. If u think 4g smartphones are too expensive then don't buy .. Leave it for people that know the value. I just don't know why people complain about everything, its not as if everyone is forced to buy 4g smartphones, there are still phones that support only 3g.

And if u think 4g kills ur battery, then turn off 4g and use only 3g or 2g, then use ur 4g only when absolutely necessary.

It is just like people complaining that dstv explora is too expensive, does the introduction explora mean the death of normal dstv? Some people complain normal dstv is too expensive, is it the only option available? Get a gotv or startimes, cut ur coat according to ur size abeg.

4 Likes

Re: My Opinion On 4G LTE Smartphones Is It Economical? by WhyAmISoQuiet: 9:45am On Nov 11, 2016
Get phone with a good battery, 4000 mah and above. Turn on 4G when you need to . I use mostly 2G and it works fine.

1 Like

Re: My Opinion On 4G LTE Smartphones Is It Economical? by shedy03(m): 10:01am On Nov 11, 2016
WhyAmISoQuiet:
Get phone with a good battery, 4000 mah and above. Turn on 4G when you need to . I use mostly 2G and it works fine.
2G? no way. will eternity for a page to open.

1 Like

Re: My Opinion On 4G LTE Smartphones Is It Economical? by WhyAmISoQuiet: 10:08am On Nov 11, 2016
shedy03:

2G is okay for browsing, I even download small files with it. It's faster if you use operamini
Re: My Opinion On 4G LTE Smartphones Is It Economical? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 11, 2016
greenhulk:
Op, let me ask u... Do u still use CRT TV? At least they are cheaper than flat screen led HDTV. I mean what's the point of HDTV just because u want to watch in HD. That's the way it is... HDTV are more expensive but u get value for ur money. If u think 4g smartphones are too expensive then don't buy .. Leave it for people that know the value. I just don't know why people complain about everything, its not as if everyone is forced to buy 4g smartphones, there are still phones that support only 3g.

And if u think 4g kills ur battery, then turn off 4g and use only 3g or 2g, then use ur 4g only when absolutely necessary.

It is just like people complaining that dstv explora is too expensive, does the introduction explora mean the death of normal dstv? Some people complain normal dstv is too expensive, is it the only option available? Get a gotv or startimes, cut ur coat according to ur size abeg.

U get time to have composed these lines. People will always complain.
Re: My Opinion On 4G LTE Smartphones Is It Economical? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 11, 2016
Baroba:
Some people want fast downloads on the go, nobody wants to be walking around with a mifi just to access 4g, the world is moving.. we should just pray for cheaper data and cheaper 4g phones .. After using 4G, i hate seeing even H+ on my phone.. grin

What's the make of the 4g phone?
Re: My Opinion On 4G LTE Smartphones Is It Economical? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 11, 2016
greenhulk:

Cut your coat according to your cloth not size. Why because your size maybe bigger than your cloth
Re: My Opinion On 4G LTE Smartphones Is It Economical? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 11, 2016
WhyAmISoQuiet:
2G is okay for browsing, I even download small files with it. It's faster if you use operamini
Yea 2g is faster on opera mini but it all boils down to location. Some villages 2g network are far better than most cities 3g probably because of congestion or something else
Re: My Opinion On 4G LTE Smartphones Is It Economical? by power900: 11:57am On Nov 22, 2016
thats the thing about tech companies, they always have a way of hyping and creating this urge of taste in costumers mind when all they are just after is money,, never be in a rush to acquire new things for the same iphone 7 we see as new now will by 2020 become so absolete and cheap that you would be ashame to hold it out
Re: My Opinion On 4G LTE Smartphones Is It Economical? by Baroba(m): 12:04pm On Nov 22, 2016
asuustrike2009:

What's the make of the 4g phone?

Uhans a101, good smart phone for the price; that is if you dont mind a 1gb ram 8g ROM.. I bought it for my aunt, was quite impressed.. Jumia sells it for 24k..
Re: My Opinion On 4G LTE Smartphones Is It Economical? by Youngpo413: 12:20pm On Nov 22, 2016
shedy03:

not with glo.
Re: My Opinion On 4G LTE Smartphones Is It Economical? by Youngpo413: 12:30pm On Nov 22, 2016
Baroba:

Uhans a101, good smart phone for the price; that is if you dont mind a 1gb ram 8g ROM.. I bought it for my aunt, was quite impressed.. Jumia sells it for 24k..

A tribute to Nokia.
Re: My Opinion On 4G LTE Smartphones Is It Economical? by Norman4real(m): 3:07pm On Nov 22, 2016
4G is good to have, but rather useless if u don't have a good data plan coz you'll in the long run find yourself spending a lot more money on data bundles than usual.
4G internet will consume more battery, but u can always disable it if battery is your worry.
Re: My Opinion On 4G LTE Smartphones Is It Economical? by bobo65(m): 3:31pm On Nov 22, 2016
Norman4real:
4G is good to have, but rather useless if u don't have a good data plan coz you'll in the long run find yourself spending a lot more money on data bundles than usual.
4G internet will consume more battery, but u can always disable it if battery is your worry.

With 15gb for 2k
4G is really necessary or d data go just waste

Cc dollarflow
Re: My Opinion On 4G LTE Smartphones Is It Economical? by Baroba(m): 3:32pm On Nov 22, 2016
Youngpo413:
A tribute to Nokia.

yup, that's what the claim, though I will say it looks more like the Samsung S4, though the build quality is Nokia like..
Re: My Opinion On 4G LTE Smartphones Is It Economical? by bobo65(m): 3:33pm On Nov 22, 2016
Baroba:

Does that phone support Etisalat and Glo 4G?
Re: My Opinion On 4G LTE Smartphones Is It Economical? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 25, 2016
You cant compare o! Some of these ISPs don't have wider coverage as the Telcos so it's still good to have your 4G phone IMO even the MIFIs too use batteries now and you have to charge.

(1) (Reply)

Iphone Software Update IOS 7 Beta Releases: The Good, The Better, And The Best! / I Need 2nd Hand Neat Fautless Android Phone / Top 5 Best Game Hacking Apps With Download Links For Android 2018 (no Root)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.