Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,089 members, 7,957,082 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:41 AM

Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers (3257 Views)

Etisalat Night Plan | Etisalat Releases New Night Plans For Their Customers / Mtn Newest Tweaks / Gotv Has Brided Us Not By Tstv. See What They Gave Their Customers Free. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers by buffalowings: 10:52am On Nov 10, 2016
Mtn seems to have upped it's game in scamming.
Now there trick is to send you messages telling you to subscribe to some services.

God help you if your phone is on sleep and you mistakenly pressed the wrong button
You will just see another message telling you that you've subbed to a service and 50naira has been deducted

This has happened to three people I know

I made a complaint, no refund

Lalasticlala
Come and see

1 Like

Re: Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers by afanide: 10:57am On Nov 10, 2016
They will never change....
Re: Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers by Jejelomoekonlo: 12:13pm On Nov 10, 2016
Re: Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers by bcomputer101: 12:40pm On Nov 10, 2016
Thank you my brother...

infact MTN is cussed.
They programmed that message alert in such a way that it will even over-run your security lock.
This is a scam.

1 Like

Re: Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers by coolbreezy01: 1:01pm On Nov 10, 2016
That's how the thing break my subscribtion of 200Naira mtn I load to 1950...and that was my las card.

I almost cried...

2 Likes

Re: Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers by Rayfield: 1:08pm On Nov 10, 2016
Since the average man's voice cannot be heard by those in power/authority. I wonder if the so called NCC are even doing customer's surveys on those network providers or even monitoring their all-round services. It's painful to lose your hard earned money to those network providers for what you never Opt-in for. They made the country look like a lawless State, it's sad.

2 Likes

Re: Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers by ColourMeAmazing: 1:21pm On Nov 10, 2016
sad
Re: Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers by ColourMeAmazing: 1:22pm On Nov 10, 2016
I get more than ten of such messages a day. I learnt not to press anything or discard it without reading it first since they took my 400 naira for one yeye music plus. Something needs to be done about this.

1 Like

Re: Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers by NIGHTFOX: 1:43pm On Nov 10, 2016
Not just Mtn, of recent, my glo line was been charged 50naira frequently for one entertainment stuff like dat which I did no subscribe to.this network providers fee Matter tire me
Re: Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 10, 2016
They've scammed me so much that I am now afraid of having airtime on my line.

But I've devised a method that is 'partially' effective in bypassing their pop-ups: I just switch my phone to 'flight mode' before pressing the cancel button.

But there is this 'Hongkong vines' service that has been trying to renew itself.Does anyone know how I can unsubscribe from it?
Re: Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers by Nbote(m): 2:05pm On Nov 10, 2016
It's called flash messaging.. Etisalat is also involved. Annoying part is whether u accept or cancel on etisalat u've subscribed...

1 Like

Re: Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers by herveze: 3:18pm On Nov 10, 2016
And these foolish reps will not talk about this,they will only talk on the program that is helping youth financially, idiots people with empty brain

1 Like

Re: Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers by ugolandy: 4:03pm On Nov 10, 2016
There even took my #100 this morning angry please if any one knows how I can stop this should pls help, I can't even have up to #100 on my phone again
Re: Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers by jos945(m): 5:00pm On Nov 10, 2016
Any body dey see chop na dey luck na
Re: Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 10, 2016
Mtn and scam are.... U know d pishure grin
Re: Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers by Iamlordgee(m): 5:32pm On Nov 10, 2016
A message appears over your lock screen Especially on Nokia torch light.. When u press ok. Your N50 is gone

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers by baba11(m): 5:50pm On Nov 10, 2016
It happened to me today..i didn't bother calling the CS.I know it will never be refunded.
Re: Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers by pinkyruledworld(m): 6:15pm On Nov 10, 2016
go to your message and deactivate cell broadcast
Re: Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers by elijahkayode(m): 8:02pm On Nov 10, 2016
…How To Get Double Data On Mtn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPxLjY6mOlc
Re: Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers by Sibrah: 8:23pm On Nov 10, 2016
Not up to 30 minutes I finished googling the DoNotDisturb(DND) codes. STOP, ALLOW, STATUS to 2442 for stopping, allowing, and checking of status respectively.
Re: Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers by superfelix: 8:27pm On Nov 10, 2016
those thieves, i usually receive that mssg at least three times daily. mesef dn get em style.
Re: Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers by johnstar(m): 8:28pm On Nov 10, 2016
It happened to me 2hrs ago said 50naira has been deducted dat I subscribed for zw useless music, I had to up out

Dm dey mad big tym, God will so much punish dem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers by anetuno(m): 9:10pm On Nov 10, 2016
That is what you get when you have a sick and incompetent NCC that receives regular goodies from the operators they are supposed to monitor and sanction. Corruption everywhere you go.

1 Like

Re: Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers by sheddo619(m): 10:30pm On Nov 10, 2016
Not only mtn, Etisalat is also not left out, now I can't load airtime on my Etisalat sim without my money been deducted completely.
Re: Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers by donlyone(m): 10:57pm On Nov 10, 2016
Sibrah:
Not up to 30 minutes I finished googling the DoNotDisturb(DND) codes. STOP, ALLOW, STATUS to 2442 for stopping, allowing, and checking of status respectively.

DND doesn't work for MTN, I'm still getting all those fraudulent messages that bypass my lock-screen.
Re: Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers by duwdu: 12:29am On Nov 11, 2016
Sibrah:

DND codes have no effect on broadcast messages from the networks themselves; they only affect messages sent by third parties/advertisers using the instrument of the networks.

P34c3
Re: Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers by seunlayi(m): 6:46am On Nov 11, 2016
I thought that I m the only one experiencing this. I rained abuses on the cc last night

1 Like

Re: Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers by eazysally: 6:53am On Nov 11, 2016
I am even the worst hit by this mtn scam, seven times in a row I have been subscribed to this rubbish callerfel I don't know anything about, imagine this buhari hard time when one leaves little airtime for urgent calls only to get notification that 50 naira have been deducted for the yeye callerfel and somethings callertunes I didn't subscribe, I am tired of hearing "we are sorry for this" from the online customer care without my money refunded to me. I even went to their office and almost had a face off with the manager telling me I mistakenly press the OK button, can u imagine I am sure this is what there told them to say from their HQ, I am using every means to "fight" them to stop this thieving act, I am even scared of loading my phone now bkos of this deduction, I though dumping my mtn line for another network will be a better idea but hearing same complain from other subscribers on this thread baffles me. This is getting out of hand.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers by Lastanza: 7:38am On Nov 11, 2016
Everybody here are on grade1 problem. Mine is a grade2 problem with MTN. I have not recharged my mtn dis month because of dis their unwholesome dubious attitude.

The last time I was raped of my hard earned credit on mtn, they went further to notify me that I would be charged #50 in my next recharge.
The best thing to do is just to couple up mind and port out of mtn. Having issues with my id card, will do that very soon.
Re: Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers by Heavance(m): 9:02am On Nov 11, 2016
MTN na scammer, they do this on purpose...
I was surprise to realize this after I spoke to their customer care representative. Nigeria should find them again, abeg
Re: Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers by Lion654321: 9:56am On Nov 11, 2016
It is best you lock the screen of your device to prevent you activating services from messages sent as flash and i dont think all services are from MTN. When many of yours register in different websites what were we thinking would happen to our details?
Re: Mtn Newest Scam On Their Customers by LongT(m): 10:08am On Nov 11, 2016
Please I need clarification on this MTN mega hunt, is it real or it's another means of torturing me?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Free US Phone Number For Whatsapp, Calls And Text Messages / Samsung Galaxy Note 9 In 2020 - Is It Worth Buying? (review) / Unlocking Nokia 2610 Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.