Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

How Can I Get A Credit Card? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can I Get A Credit Card? (8200 Views)

Help! How Can I Advertise On Facebook When I Haven't A Credit Card? / Help! How Can I Advertise On Facebook When I Haven't A Credit Card? / I Need A Credit Card Payment Gateway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Get A Credit Card? by Oyawuni(m): 8:43am On Nov 01, 2009
Happy sunday nairalanders,pls does any1knws how i can get a credit card?
Re: How Can I Get A Credit Card? by toshacer: 8:51am On Nov 01, 2009
others want to run away from credit cards, you want to put your life in debt via a credit card. where do you live? do you know the meaning and use of a credit card?
Re: How Can I Get A Credit Card? by cheaphost: 4:19pm On Nov 01, 2009
You can get a credit card through graphcard. Just follow this link http://www.graphcard.com/?rid=54748
Re: How Can I Get A Credit Card? by switch47(m): 1:22pm On Nov 02, 2009
@poster
To answer your question accurately, you need to provide your location (country) if you are in Nigeria, Standard chartered provides the best credit card facility that i know of, folloiwed closely by GTBank, i will advise you to go forGTB, you need to open a Dormiciliary Account and from where you fund your credit card. just walk in to any branch of GTB and ask at the customer care. (is this reply usefull to you?) let me know!!

@ toch_acer
There is nothing wrong with credit card. it depends on the users. i have mine intact and am not owing a dime!!
Re: How Can I Get A Credit Card? by Afam4eva(m): 7:27pm On Nov 02, 2009
switch47:

@poster
To answer your question accurately, you need to provide your location (country) if you are in Nigeria, Standard chartered provides the best credit card facility that i know of, folloiwed closely by GTBank, i will advise you to go forGTB, you need to open a Dormiciliary Account and from where you fund your credit card. just walk in to any branch of GTB and ask at the customer care. (is this reply usefull to you?) let me know!!

@ toch_acer
There is nothing wrong with credit card. it depends on the users. i have mine intact and am not owing a dime!!

GTB banks' credit cards are reliable but most websites will not accept it, so i'll suggest graphcard as Cheap host suggested.
Re: How Can I Get A Credit Card? by omoijebu: 12:09am On Nov 03, 2009
can you please explain how to get a graphcard as a Nigerian
Re: How Can I Get A Credit Card? by Oyawuni(m): 2:41am On Nov 03, 2009
Tanx vry much@cheaphost,switch47&afam4eva.I really appreciate the info,it is vry useful.Tanx&GOD bless
Re: How Can I Get A Credit Card? by switch47(m): 11:36am On Nov 03, 2009
@: afam4eva what are you not saying? shocked

I use GTB creditcard and have been using it since last year- am yet to be refused - i paid to justhost([/b]my webhost a site with strict credit card rules) , [b]bet365, activedomain registrars and University of london   i have been using it without any problem. you said MOST website wont accept it- ALL the websites i  have mentioned accepted my GTB mastercard!! and standard chatrerd is even better am not talking about UBA here. cool

@Oyawuni
    Good luck
Re: How Can I Get A Credit Card? by Oyawuni(m): 12:27pm On Nov 03, 2009
Tanx&GOD BLESS U
Re: How Can I Get A Credit Card? by omoijebu: 1:00am On Nov 04, 2009
I went to gtb and i was told that the standard master cards are on hold and not being delivered now. that the one available is the prepaid card which wont have names printed on it. What can I do
Re: How Can I Get A Credit Card? by Oyawuni(m): 8:46am On Nov 04, 2009
Wait4reply frm switch47
Re: How Can I Get A Credit Card? by Afam4eva(m): 9:42am On Nov 04, 2009
switch47:

@: afam4eva what are you not saying? shocked

I use GTB creditcard and have been using it since last year- am yet to be refused - i paid to justhost([/b]my webhost a site with strict credit card rules) , [b]bet365, activedomain registrars and University of london   i have been using it without any problem. you said MOST website wont accept it- ALL the websites i  have mentioned accepted my GTB mastercard!! and standard chatrerd is even better am not talking about UBA here. cool

@Oyawuni
    Good luck

I'm not saying GTB credit cards are not reliable, rather i'm saying that your GTB account comes with a nigerian address and will not be accepted by many websites. Whereas with a graphcard credoit card you can change your address to an american one.
Re: How Can I Get A Credit Card? by cheaphost: 9:49am On Nov 04, 2009
Graphcard is the best, Follow this link to register http://www.graphcard.com/?rid=54748
Re: How Can I Get A Credit Card? by maccomms1: 2:30pm On Nov 04, 2009
Yes you can use graph card.
Re: How Can I Get A Credit Card? by Seton(m): 10:53am On Nov 08, 2009
why not use web surfer from zenith bank. you can do that by rushing to zenith bank website and register for it now. it will be set up for you in 48hours. You do not need to have domicilliary account. I have been using it for the past 2 years and i have use it to made payment in many website. i am yet to see where it is not accepted
you only need $120 to open it and and you can top it up any time of which $100 will be available for use
Re: How Can I Get A Credit Card? by omoijebu: 11:34am On Nov 08, 2009
This websurfer, what kind of credit card is it. Also will your name be printed on the card.
Re: How Can I Get A Credit Card? by omoijebu: 11:37am On Nov 08, 2009
This websurfer, what kind of credit card is it. Also will your name be printed on the card.
Re: How Can I Get A Credit Card? by Seton(m): 9:03pm On Nov 08, 2009
You will not have your name printed on it. It is a MasterCard
Re: How Can I Get A Credit Card? by DualCore1: 9:20pm On Nov 08, 2009
i havnt seen anything better than zenith bank's web surfer in Nigeria.

first it takes 30 mins to get it at the bank and another 24 hours for activation.
secondly (and the part i soooooo love most most most, lol) you can reload the card with any amount! i never try to reload am with one dollar before, dem fit swear for person tongue )

you know what scares me with these banks and their credit cards? the god forsaken 3-page (or more) forms you will have to fill. angry

as of this moment zenith's web surfer is the way forward.

well enough praising the silly card (winks at the one in his wallet wink)

here's the bad side of the card
cant be used at ATMs (ofcourse who said i wanted that?).
your name is not on the card (i care? baaah!).
the card is blue tongue (well yea for me that's bad, i hate too much blue).
the card issuers are kinda too informal. . . here is a sample of the mail you get when there's a transaction notification on your card

Pls note a transaction was made on ur card (ending ****) for USD **.** at ******** on 06/11/2009 pls advise if not yours ********

anyhow sha the card works perfectly for me and it has been rejected in one place. but i just mailed the billing department of the place it was rejected and told them how i could put all of them on 3 square meals daily without them having to do that menial job of customer support so i wasnt living the lowlife of a scammer who would wonno use their services. tongue (try my pattern at your own risk. if u call my name, i kill u! lol now i'm feeling like ahmed). . . well erm they lowered their security filters for me to complete my order and then it was accepted. see? it works!!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get A Credit Card? by camry(m): 10:18am On Nov 09, 2009
I have the solution to your problem.
To get a credit card contact me and i will show you how to get a better and verifiable credit card, which you can use on any platform to make payment. There is no restriction to this card.
I have used this same card for over 6 months.
Call me on 08020755995 or mail me at info@firstreliablehost.com
Re: How Can I Get A Credit Card? by DualCore1: 10:25am On Nov 09, 2009
u know its only in nigerian forums i've seen call-or-mail-me-to-get-a-solution-to-your-problem posts.

oh well maybe i'm exaggerating but if you have eaten this morning and are thinking str8, you should get my point.
Re: How Can I Get A Credit Card? by honeric01(m): 10:36am On Nov 09, 2009
camry:

I have the solution to your problem.
To get a credit card contact me and i will show you how to get a better and verifiable credit card, which you can use on any platform to make payment. There is no restriction to this card.
I have used this same card for over 6 months.
Call me on 08020755995 or mail me at info@firstreliablehost.com

What kind of card is that that you cant tell us here?
Re: How Can I Get A Credit Card? by switch411(m): 11:26am On Nov 09, 2009
@omoijebu
If GTB says its standard mastercard is not available for now- you have two options1 ask when it will be available, open a dorm account with them while waiting. or go for the other one. My GTB master card has never failed me!! and i can even use it at ATM terminal. all the best!!

@Afam4ever
Even with my Nigerian address- my mastercard hasnt been rejected yet by any site. it all depends on preference anyway.but it will be instructive if you have a close friend using GTB mastercard 'the prefered'!! as long as it satisfies its purpose!! meanwhile i still want to learn HTML,PHP,my sql query

@Oyawuni
Whats cooking?
Re: How Can I Get A Credit Card? by Oyawuni(m): 12:13pm On Nov 10, 2009
God bless nigerians,with the gurus that we have
Re: How Can I Get A Credit Card? by DualCore1: 12:42pm On Nov 10, 2009
erh. . . . . so what's your choice?
have you chosen the Zenith's web surfer card grin
or the GTBank card angry (switch i will break ya head)

hmmmm, let me tell you what happened yesterday.

About a week ago I topped up my websurfer card with some major amount of USDs (not telling how much so go and start hitting your head 'gainst the wall), well I did some major spending with the major amount in the (major tongue) surfer card. Well now I was expecting the card service provider (in charge of zenith's web surfer card) to alert me about my low balance or something. But no, no alerts, my recurring bills were still being debited from the card (sweeeeeeet!!). Well yesterday I just decided to check the account balance and i saw an amount that was a little more than the amount I had topped the card up with last week (mind you, the card was empty before topping). So I requested for a statement of account and when I got it in my email, I saw that Zenith bank had credited my account twice with the major amount!

Ok as a good guy that I am (and you know it), I called the lady who topped the card up for me at the bank, she was forming busy and all that, that she couldnt understand what i was saying even angry. See case o, for una own money again! Well I didnt call the main bank because it could cause trouble for whoever made that terrible mistake. It is my hope that they (somehow) rectify it by themselves but I wont stop any of my recurring bills from using the money in my card. When next I get to the bank, I will meet the person responsible for things like this. It really isnt good to keep quiet in cases like this because if they find out on their own and start debiting your card you will hate the way they'll do it.
Re: How Can I Get A Credit Card? by supereagle(m): 12:50pm On Nov 10, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
u know its only in nigerian forums i've seen call-or-mail-me-to-get-a-solution-to-your-problem posts.

oh well maybe i'm exaggerating but if you have eaten this morning and are thinking str8, you should get my point.

The Poverty in the land is making them demand for moni in Nairaland. I am a member to some foreing forum, I got free ebooks and video on some of the problem I post. Naija Boys and Naira- What a shame?
Re: How Can I Get A Credit Card? by switch47(m): 2:02pm On Nov 10, 2009
@ super eagle

That is why it is called Nairaland (lol) but seriously and personaly.i give out free ebooks and aid to people that is if i cant put everything in post. grin
Re: How Can I Get A Credit Card? by lanbaba: 9:05am On Nov 28, 2009
skye bank visa card is cool, cheap and easy to get
Re: How Can I Get A Credit Card? by TonyMontana2: 11:00am On Nov 29, 2009
Do your personal credit card or you would use mine and pay me the equivalent in naira.No tooting of horns here but i help people get cc's or they use mine and pay the equivalent in naira.you interested call/text me 07057188184
Re: How Can I Get A Credit Card? by lanbaba: 5:18pm On Nov 29, 2009
skye bank classic is the answer. its acceptable, cheap(u lose $30), easy to get(u dont need references or referees), its customized in ur name.u can withdraw ur money over the counter. u need only $100 us to open it. its acceptable any where. or u can ask for prepaid if u dont wanna lose $30, i use skye classic
Re: How Can I Get A Credit Card? by camry(m): 3:18pm On Dec 21, 2009
Another great option is GTB Mastercard, it is accepted in over 200 countries and a very good option.
With your current account your can apply for their master card, $ 20 annual fee and that is all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How The Recent Google Core Updates Will Affect Websites And SEO / Ways To Get Real Instagram Followers For Your Blog SEO / » 5 Untrue Stories About Getting Google Adsense Aproval

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.