Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Naming Nigerian Streets. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Naming Nigerian Streets. (4314 Views)

I Need A Property To Rent At Ikeja Or Surulere (major Streets) / Spending On My Building Project Or Naming Ceremony? / Street Re-naming Advantage..@ipaja Town..lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Naming Nigerian Streets. by NKnight: 4:44pm On Nov 01, 2009
Hello nairalanders,

Does anyone know the procedure to follow in creating or changing street names in Nigeria?

The Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (1999) gives that power to the Local Government Councils.

1. The main functions of a local government council are as follows:
(a), ;
(b), ;
(g) naming of roads and streets and numbering of houses;

I would be very grateful if I can get answers to some of these questions:

1. What role do residents play in facilitating the naming or name change of a street?

2. Are there special privileges given to the first resident family on a street when it comes to naming of streets?

3. How do these privileges (if any) affect the renaming of the street at some future date?

Thanks guys!

1 Like

Re: Naming Nigerian Streets. by toshacer: 5:14pm On Nov 01, 2009
contact

alabiyemmy@3dtechnologies.org

alabiyemmy@ceaser-web.com
Re: Naming Nigerian Streets. by NKnight: 1:22pm On Nov 06, 2009
Thanks tosh_acer.

(1) (Reply)

Houses 4 Sale/rent @ Egbeda/akowonjo,shasha Area Of Lagos / New !!! Current Cost Of Stone Coated Roofing Sheet / Roof Tiles / 3 Acres Of Land Together On Lagos Abeokuta Expressway At U-turn Abule Egba Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.