Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! (3492 Views)

GLO NPFL: Heartland Vs Warri Wolves (1 - 0) On 30th August 2015 / NPFL: Enyimba Fc Vs Heartland Fc (2 - 0) On 17th June 2015 / NPFL: Heartland Vs Kano Pillars (1 - 0) On 30th April 2015 (2) (3) (4)

Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! by larimo(m): 6:02pm On Nov 01, 2009
Re: Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! by larimo(m): 6:03pm On Nov 01, 2009
Re: Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! by larimo(m): 6:07pm On Nov 01, 2009
Heartland wins 2-1! 2 goals from Agba

Before the match he said this:

“I’m praying for two things, one is that we'll beat Mazembe home and away and the second thing is that I will be among those to score," - Uche Agba (source, Kickoff.com)
Re: Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! by mukina2: 7:34pm On Nov 01, 2009
Heartland of Nigeria fought back from a goal down to beat DR Congo champions TP Mazembe in this year's CAF Champions League first leg final at the Dan Anyiam Stadium in Owerri on Sunday.

The visiting TP Mazembe opened the scoring after 23 minutes through star striker Mputu Mabi and a minute later, the home team drew level courtesy of youth international King Osanga.

Uche Agba netted the match winner for Heartland 10 minutes from time.

The match was played on a rainy day, which made the pitch wet and slippery.

Heartland created several chances but could not put any away before Mazembe, who were content with resolute defending, came out of their shell to draw first blood through Mabi, who turned down several offers to play abroad to win the Champions League for Mazembe.

Mazembe delivered a right pullout, which caught the Heartland defence napping for danger man Mabi to fire home a left-footed volley past goalkeeper Austin Brown for the first goal of the day.

Osanga then produced a solo goal almost immediately to the relief of the large turnout at the Dan Anyiam Stadium in Owerri.

It was a balanced game in the second half with the visitors looking a lot more dangerous when they attacked.

The game was heading for a draw before Agba, who has been enjoying a rich vein of form in front of goal, struck the match winner with a left-footed volley after some good team work.

The return leg of the final will be played on Saturday in Lubumbashi.

The overall winner of this year's Champions League will pocket a prize money of $1.5 million and will also feature in the FIFA Club World Cup in December in the United Arab Emirates.

http://goal.com/en/news/89/africa/2009/11/01/1597700/caf-champions-league-final-heartland-2-1-tp-mazembe
Re: Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! by GeorgeD1(m): 7:43pm On Nov 01, 2009
those boys try no be small! smiley
Re: Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! by hollandis(f): 7:45pm On Nov 01, 2009
is it not a 1-legged final?
Na wah oooooo undecided
Re: Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! by GeorgeD1(m): 8:00pm On Nov 01, 2009
it should have been nooo! na wa for this caf style ooo!
Re: Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! by rasputinn(m): 8:18pm On Nov 01, 2009
The Naze millionaires should just go to Lubumbashi and get a draw if they can't win there.Something tells me Heartland is written all over that trophy
Re: Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! by hollandis(f): 8:34pm On Nov 01, 2009
I want them to feature at that world club final in the UAE.Since the useless eagles failed to qualify for the world cup,it will bring me consolation for heartland to appear there.STUPID AMODU!!!! angry
Re: Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! by rasputinn(m): 9:03pm On Nov 01, 2009
go heartland
Re: Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! by dominique(f): 9:35pm On Nov 01, 2009
all they need is a draw and i believe they can do more than that.
HEARTLAND FOR THE TROPHY!!!
Re: Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! by chelseabmw(m): 10:00pm On Nov 01, 2009
Thank God.You guys just made me proud
Re: Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! by vikiviko(m): 10:27pm On Nov 01, 2009
Is it a 2 legged final ?

Crazy why not a neutral ground.

CAF should save us this wahala.
Re: Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! by kaydee(m): 10:44pm On Nov 01, 2009
Real bad!,real bad! Heartland.Why not score more since u're aware of the away goal rule
Re: Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! by lescey(m): 12:35am On Nov 02, 2009
thank god for you guys
Re: Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! by chidyke77(m): 2:45am On Nov 02, 2009
Ths CAF new style is bad o!.
Re: Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! by aieromon(m): 4:03am On Nov 02, 2009
Heartland can still scrape out a victory in Congo.
The cup truly belongs to them
Re: Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! by rasputinn(m): 7:25am On Nov 02, 2009
kaydee:

Real bad!,real bad! Heartland.Why not score more since u're aware of the away goal rule

Sharrap dia,na so e easy?you for go score the remaining goals for them na grin grin ;DSeriously,are you aware they had to come back from a goal down to win 2-1?that says much about their strong character.I assure you one thing;Heartland WILL NOT LOSE in Lumumbashi

The trophy and $1,500,000.00 is coming home
Re: Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! by Maxidoe(m): 10:25am On Nov 02, 2009
I really hope they can draw away,cos to be honest its really gonna be an uphill task as this Congolese club is really dangerous and have all the advantages, I hope there can be an upset.
Re: Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! by dominique(f): 11:50am On Nov 02, 2009
chidyke77:

which new style, am i missing something

vikiviko:

Is it a 2 legged final ?

Crazy why not a neutral ground.

CAF should save us this wahala.

cos there will be no turn up at the venue. . . imagine the finals was between TP mazembe Alhilal and they take it to owerri, who will go and watch?

lets not compare CAF to UEFA standards, we will get there someday tho' smiley
Re: Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! by GeorgeD1(m): 12:11pm On Nov 02, 2009
these people are not moving with the times at all. too many dead woods in football governing bodies these days. the same set of people ruling for 20, 30 years! sad
Re: Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! by Nezan(m): 2:16pm On Nov 02, 2009
^^^^^^ e tire me-o.
Re: Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! by dominique(f): 2:32pm On Nov 02, 2009
@Geroge-D
we also have our share of the blame.
if the local leagues can get more support from the public, maybe "the times" wouldn't have moved past us. i flipped through local stations and DSTV channels looking for where the match was being aired but not one channel was showing it. CAF still have a long way to go to make the CL more prominent but they cant do it without the member of the public who are busy supporting European clubs than to give a damn about their local leagues.
Re: Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! by weirdklade(m): 5:52pm On Nov 02, 2009
whoeva wins should come give me out of the $1.5USD million grin
Re: Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! by rasputinn(m): 6:47pm On Nov 02, 2009
dominique:

@Geroge-D
we also have our share of the blame.
if the local leagues can get more support from the public, maybe "the times" wouldn't have moved past us. i flipped through local stations and DSTV channels looking for where the match was being aired but not one channel was showing it. CAF still have a long way to go to make the CL more prominent but they cant do it without the member of the public who are busy supporting European clubs than to give a damn about their local leagues.

Sadly true cry cry
Re: Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! by rasputinn(m): 6:50pm On Nov 02, 2009
Heartland should just arrive Lumumbashi,latest Thursday.Rest,train and win the trophy.Q.E.D
Re: Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! by Uche2nna(m): 6:51pm On Nov 02, 2009
chidyke77:

I thot it has always been a two legged final  undecided

2 : 1 scoreline is kind of a slippery slope in this kind of set up, but I hope the boys come out triumphant
Re: Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! by GeorgeD1(m): 8:00pm On Nov 02, 2009
exactly why we want it changed. finals should be finals!

and by the way, i quite agree with you, dominique.
Re: Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! by semid4lyfe(m): 11:23pm On Nov 02, 2009
Heartland has already lost the cup by playing 2-1 in the 1st leg.
Re: Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! by otokx(m): 7:37am On Nov 03, 2009
This is a very slim lead but they can still make it.
Re: Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! by rasputinn(m): 9:29am On Nov 03, 2009
otokx:

This is a very slim lead but they can still make it.

They will make it,the Heartland I know,will not concede in Lumubashi without reciprocating the "favour",Coton sports game readily comes to mind
Re: Heartland Vs Tp Mazembe ! by rasputinn(m): 9:30am On Nov 03, 2009
semid4lyfe:

Heartland has already lost the cup by playing 2-1 in the 1st leg.

Carry this ya yeye post go ya Lubumbashi thread

Chan Eagles Flight To Morocco Suffers Delay / Abedi Pele Open To Black Stars Coaching Job / FIFA Under-17 WORLD CUP Chile 2015-Nigeria Group Fixtures &Time-OCT 17TH-NOV 8TH