Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

The Documents- short fiction story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Documents- short fiction story (442 Views)

The Badboy Diary / Fiction Story / Short Fiction: Man’s Not Hot. / Short Fiction: Madness By Margaret Agwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Documents- short fiction story by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 10, 2016
Hey everyone!
Please I am currently contesting in the ongoing etisalat prize for short fiction.
And I really need your votes for my story
Below is the link:
Https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=2645

He smiled as he took a look at the passport once more."This is the face of the man who murdered my parents" he thought.He adjusted himself on a wooden stool that was located at the center of his shabby hut which served as shelter to him and his best friend-a6year old nanny goat whose milk gave him joy;then dug his hand deeper into the briefcase and found a smartphone that had over 658missed calls on it.With his head bowed between his shoulders,he laughed softly as he knew that with this briefcase,he was now the most powerful man in his community.But he did not want power;he wanted vengeance!Vengeance upon the man who pulled the trigger on his dad after strangling his mum with her favourite scarf.He took his oil lamp from the wall where it was hung and was about to empty the content into the briefcase when he heard an announcement from his father's radio thata huge reward will be given to anyone that was able to return the suitcase."To hell with their reward!"he caused in his heart."It is better I reward myself".So he emptied the oil into the briefcase and set it ablaze.He smiledas he watched the briefcase go up in flames and thought "The rich are not always powerful".

#YourVoteCounts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Documents- short fiction story by Nobody: 9:51am On Nov 11, 2016
Over 30 views on this thread but yet,not a single vote

(1) (Reply)

Pls help Vote 'the Other Woman' for Etisalat Literature Prize 2016 / I Gave Her A Flower / The Inevitable Price.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.