Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Sone Aluko Named Championship Player Of The Month For October - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sone Aluko Named Championship Player Of The Month For October (12918 Views)

Eniola Aluko Scores As Juventus Women Clinch Serie A Women's Title / Super Eagles star, Semi Ajayi wins Championship Player of the Month / Eni Aluko Signed By Juventus From Chelsea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sone Aluko Named Championship Player Of The Month For October by fingard02k(m): 11:43am On Nov 11, 2016
Super Eagles and Fulham FC forward, Sone Aluko, has had his fine performances recognised by winning the Sky Bet Championship Player of the Month for October 2016

Aluko beat off competition from Reading’s Ali Al Habsi, Lewis Dunk of Brighton and Hove Albion and Newcastle’s Dwight Gayle, to emerge the winner.

The former Hull City player was outstanding for Fulham in October, scoring with a lovely solo effort against Barnsley, then had a hat-trick of assists in a memorable display against Huddersfield.

In his reaction, Aluko attributed the award to his Fulham teammates and staff of the club.

“Personally it’s a great feeling to be recognised with this award. It’s a nice feeling to be publicly rewarded for your efforts.

“Ultimately, I think it’s a team award. I wouldn’t get this award if the team weren’t winning and it’s a credit to my teammates and all the staff who have provided me with a platform to play well on.

“The results have gone our way recently and because of this I’ve been able to show my best form,” Aluko said.

And according to Fulham’s manager Slavisa Jokanovic: “I am very happy for Sone getting this award as he has worked hard for the team over the past months, so it is a good reward for him.

“We have seen an improvement to our results of late, so it is also a reflection on the whole team, and I want that hard work to continue so that many of my players will be eligible for this award in future months.”

http://www.enzyhub.com/aluko-named-championship-player-of-the-month-for-october/

4 Likes

Re: Sone Aluko Named Championship Player Of The Month For October by Diadala(m): 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2016
Big man doing big things

1 Like

Re: Sone Aluko Named Championship Player Of The Month For October by Daslim180(m): 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2016
That's good.... Poster above, na wa ooo! STC is something sha
Re: Sone Aluko Named Championship Player Of The Month For October by brunofarad(m): 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2016
Nice

Congrats

Achievers rule the world
Re: Sone Aluko Named Championship Player Of The Month For October by Smooyis(m): 3:42pm On Nov 11, 2016
Congratulations
Re: Sone Aluko Named Championship Player Of The Month For October by fixedhollies(m): 3:42pm On Nov 11, 2016
Ekiti boy... son of senator Aluko... keep representing!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sone Aluko Named Championship Player Of The Month For October by adebayosun02: 3:43pm On Nov 11, 2016
Re: Sone Aluko Named Championship Player Of The Month For October by FILEBE(m): 3:44pm On Nov 11, 2016
fixedhollies:

Is that necessary ?

6 Likes

Re: Sone Aluko Named Championship Player Of The Month For October by Banto82: 3:44pm On Nov 11, 2016
U deserve it my broda, keep flying d green white green .....
Re: Sone Aluko Named Championship Player Of The Month For October by princeakins(m): 3:44pm On Nov 11, 2016
Proud of u. Keep representing nigeria in the best way possible.

#ProudlyNigerian
Re: Sone Aluko Named Championship Player Of The Month For October by BizBayo: 3:44pm On Nov 11, 2016
I am not understanding
Re: Sone Aluko Named Championship Player Of The Month For October by ishef19: 3:46pm On Nov 11, 2016
smiley smiley
Re: Sone Aluko Named Championship Player Of The Month For October by Judolisco(m): 3:47pm On Nov 11, 2016
Nice one aluko

1 Like

Re: Sone Aluko Named Championship Player Of The Month For October by rawpadgin(m): 3:50pm On Nov 11, 2016
his head tho
Re: Sone Aluko Named Championship Player Of The Month For October by profmsboi(m): 3:51pm On Nov 11, 2016
Did super eagles call him?

1 Like

Re: Sone Aluko Named Championship Player Of The Month For October by omocalabar(m): 3:51pm On Nov 11, 2016
ethnic bigots would soon be here....

3 Likes

Re: Sone Aluko Named Championship Player Of The Month For October by chimerase2: 3:53pm On Nov 11, 2016
grin
Re: Sone Aluko Named Championship Player Of The Month For October by MVLOX(m): 3:58pm On Nov 11, 2016
Welldone
Re: Sone Aluko Named Championship Player Of The Month For October by chrislilfee(m): 4:01pm On Nov 11, 2016
Did Nigeria call this player In?? angry angry angry
Re: Sone Aluko Named Championship Player Of The Month For October by chrislilfee(m): 4:02pm On Nov 11, 2016
I guess not!! But Why?? undecided

Sir Kris...I'm out
Re: Sone Aluko Named Championship Player Of The Month For October by KINGwax007(m): 4:12pm On Nov 11, 2016
fixedhollies:
bigot!!!

4 Likes

Re: Sone Aluko Named Championship Player Of The Month For October by successinlife: 4:19pm On Nov 11, 2016
profmsboi:
Did super eagles call him?

He may be called later.Nigeria sports and especially football used to be padi padi thing before the appointment of Ror,even Late Keshi once said Iheanachor isn't ripe yet for Eagles despite scoring goals against Bayern and AC milan in pre season,Iwobi would also have remained unripe,I always know that TSone Aluko would have helped out in our outside left or of help for Echejile on d left wing but nobody invites him,the good days are just ahead with oyinbo coach appointment because you will be invited on merit and not on bribe.Some other players need to be in that team,Nedum Onouha,Tiago Ilori,Olanrewaju Kayode,Victor Anichebe etc,even if they are not performing they need encouragemenet and they may be needed when you least expect,but ours is vice versa.

6 Likes

Re: Sone Aluko Named Championship Player Of The Month For October by adigunomomama(m): 4:34pm On Nov 11, 2016
Good one

I remember his late goal against South Africa.

1 Like

Re: Sone Aluko Named Championship Player Of The Month For October by jotey(m): 4:47pm On Nov 11, 2016
successinlife:

He may be called later.Nigeria sports and especially football used to be padi padi thing before the appointment of Ror,even Late Keshi once said Iheanachor isn't ripe yet for Eagles despite scoring goals against Bayern and AC milan in pre season,Iwobi would also have remained unripe,I always know that TSone Aluko would have helped out in our outside left or of help for Echejile on d left wing but nobody invites him,the good days are just ahead with oyinbo coach appointment because you will be invited on merit and not on bribe.Some other players need to be in that team,Nedum Onouha,Tiago Ilori,Olanrewaju Kayode,Victor Anichebe etc,even if they are not performing they need encouragemenet and they may be needed when you least expect,but ours is vice versa.
Baba
which 1 b onuoha....person way reject callup... mtchew ....who aluko wan bench for dis present super eeagles sef?
none

2 Likes

Re: Sone Aluko Named Championship Player Of The Month For October by nonjebose(m): 5:00pm On Nov 11, 2016
successinlife:

Some of these players mentioned, including Aluko are just coming back to form. Aluko's move from Hull to Fulham helped revive his form..

3 Likes

Re: Sone Aluko Named Championship Player Of The Month For October by Mileslamar1(m): 5:06pm On Nov 11, 2016
cool
Re: Sone Aluko Named Championship Player Of The Month For October by fixedhollies(m): 5:59pm On Nov 11, 2016
KINGwax007:
bigot!!!
lol you are d real bigot! Anything hurtful on tracing the lineage of an achiever? Ekiti boy... he hails from Ode Ekiti all in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Sone Aluko Named Championship Player Of The Month For October by Ronaldinnioh(m): 6:24pm On Nov 11, 2016
When the bank manager was told to pay the jamb lesson tutors were busy asking me if Kim karashian was among the choir members who sang at deeper life champ ground at Lagos but instead she was among the Niger delta avengers that she was not in a hurry to follow chibok girls move to the front seat and allow Buhari's daughter not to pick her Law bar coat. Am not okay with the way tomatoes dropped that it heavily affected Dangote from making sure his Dollar transactions was depicted in Euros that Arsene Wenger was not among those who decided to sign C Ronaldo when he wanted to make a move to Aso rock and vote for APC members who were not paying attention when Patience Jonathan shouted their is God ooooo that made all ISIS members decides to take a selfie with Obama who wasn't ready to see that Donald Trump even voted for Hilary Clinton who was not running against in at the Peoples Democratic Party.
Re: Sone Aluko Named Championship Player Of The Month For October by Mintyguy(m): 7:37pm On Nov 11, 2016
Thumbs up bro,u might just be d first bald headed nigga to play for Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tyson Gay & Asafa Powell Fail Drug Tests / Startimes To Show EPL Live Matches This Season / Let’s See In April, May – Solskjaer Speaks On Man Utd’s Title Ambitions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.