Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,996 members, 7,828,519 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Ahmadu Bello University Students Builds 1-barrel-per-day Oil Refinery - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ahmadu Bello University Students Builds 1-barrel-per-day Oil Refinery (627 Views)

Babcock University Students' Sextape: Zlatan Ibile Reacts To Leaked Video / New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria / ABU Builds 1-barrel-per-day Oil Refinery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ahmadu Bello University Students Builds 1-barrel-per-day Oil Refinery by ManirBK: 11:45am On Nov 11, 2016
The Department of Chemical Engineering of the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria, has established a refinery with capacity to process one barrel of crude oil per day.
The team leader of the project, Professor Ibrahim Ali Muhammad Dabo told our correspondent who visited the refinery site that at present the refinery would be used mainly for the training of students, although the department had the manpower to build a refinery that would be bigger than that of Kaduna if it had government support.
“The initial idea was to construct a 1,000 barrel-capacity refinery, but lack of funding limited us to this one, where we would now be refining one barrel per day,” Dabo said, adding that more than 80 per cent of the materials used for the construction of the refinery were sourced locally.
“Only the controls were sourced from Hong Kong. No expatriate was hired from abroad.
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/abu-builds-1-barrel-per-day-oil-refinery/171165.html
Mynd44 Oamj4
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Students Builds 1-barrel-per-day Oil Refinery by AGUBANZE(m): 11:50am On Nov 11, 2016
Dangote come and see. Please move to the technology section

When i think how oil producing countries all over the whole world mine and refine their own oil i always ask myself what is even wrong with naija my country. Yes Nigeria is the only country we have but the past leaders made it a total waste land and lawless camp for greedy political office holders.

If they could borrow to buy arms,why cant we borrow to build refineries.

China builds 12 new power plant each month and guess what? They are storing and selling the carbon being emitted to companies like coca cola for carbonated drinks and the like.

Coal droved all the european and American economy to near perfection before they started preaching the Ozone layer Saga. We most drive our own economy too like they did if we want to move forward and join them later to sing about green earth and pure energy revolution.

La quote La silence
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Students Builds 1-barrel-per-day Oil Refinery by Flexherbal(m): 11:57am On Nov 11, 2016
Nice one!
Re: Ahmadu Bello University Students Builds 1-barrel-per-day Oil Refinery by fran6co(m): 12:05pm On Nov 11, 2016
as no b modelling thing no body go want gv this project d necessary support. .

(1) (Reply)

See How Students Are Punished For Lateness In This School / Don't Be Misguided (TSA Does More Good Than Harm) / Has Anyone Heard Anything About Seplat Scholarship ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.