Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Churchianity Vs Christianity : Are We Actually Practicing Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churchianity Vs Christianity : Are We Actually Practicing Christianity (974 Views)

Ecclesia Vs The Church System; A Better Way Of Practicing Christianity / Atheism VS Christianity, Which One Is A Result Of Indoctrination? / Reasons Why The Abrahamic Religions (Islam and Christianity) are bad for Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Churchianity Vs Christianity : Are We Actually Practicing Christianity by Kalatium(m): 11:28pm On Nov 11, 2016
Since from the inception, many Christians have been deviating from the right tract.
Most of we Christians are born into a Christian home and so we do not know what it means to be a Christian,therefore we live unholy lives.

Lately, there is a form of Christianity emerging termed
'CHURCHIANITY' which deviates from true CHRISTIANITY.

Let's define these terms

Churchianity— is defined as any practices of Christianity that are viewed as placing a larger emphasis on the habits of church life or the institutional traditions of the church than on theology and spiritual teachings of Jesus; the quality of being too church-focused.

Christianity— is defined as a religion based on the belief that Christ was the son of God and on his teachings. It focuses on theology and teachings of Christ, it is Christ-focused.

Christianity has to do with personal relationship with God and not just going to church.
We often confuse Churchianity with Christianity in this generation thinking that going to church is all that matters. All that matters is holiness. Your relationship with God is the main issue not the Denominations.

Thanks

Author: Kalatium
Re: Churchianity Vs Christianity : Are We Actually Practicing Christianity by Kalatium(m): 6:42pm On Nov 12, 2016
Any contrary view, love to hear your comments

@ Lennycool, winner01

1 Like

Re: Churchianity Vs Christianity : Are We Actually Practicing Christianity by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 12, 2016
Well the thing is, no christian completely follows the teachings of Jesus. Not 100℅ anyway.
Not even you OP. It is virtually impossible.

1 Like

Re: Churchianity Vs Christianity : Are We Actually Practicing Christianity by Kalatium(m): 10:32pm On Nov 12, 2016
Lennycool:
Well the thing is, no christian completely follows the teachings of Jesus. Not 100℅ anyway.
Not even you OP. It is virtually impossible.
I agree with you here
Re: Churchianity Vs Christianity : Are We Actually Practicing Christianity by Kalatium(m): 6:18pm On Nov 17, 2016
Honestly, many of we Christians are guilty of this
Re: Churchianity Vs Christianity : Are We Actually Practicing Christianity by Kalatium(m): 6:21pm On Nov 17, 2016
CONTINUATION
Differences between Churchianity and Christianity

What are God's views regarding Homosexuality?
Christianity – Homosexuality is an abomination to God and has been before the law (Gen 13:13), under the law (Leviticus 18:22), and under grace (Romans 1:27-32).
Churchianity – Jesus never specifically mentioned anything against homosexuality, therefore there’s nothing wrong with it because love is love.
Is there one way to God or several?
Christianity – There is only one mediator between God and man, and that's the man Christ Jesus (1 Timothy 2:5). Any other way will land man straight into the Lake of Fire.
Churchianity – As long as a person means well in their heart, God will show them the way. Whether that way is Jesus or Buddha or Muhammad; what really matters is your intent to spread God's love the best way you know how.
If a person dies without Christ, what happens after they die?
Christianity – Their soul will burn in Hell where their worm dieth not and the fire is not quench (Mark 9:44)
Churchianity – It's not our place to judge. What matters is that we do our best to help people who have lost loved ones because God is a God of comfort.
" Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches
Re: Churchianity Vs Christianity : Are We Actually Practicing Christianity by rexben(m): 8:03pm On Nov 18, 2016
What lennycool said is accurate but the true is that Christians don't obey Jesus.
Anyway, there is no difference between churchianity and Christianity, there are the same. Besides, there is nothing like churchianity.
My dear follow Jesus and not Christianity
Re: Churchianity Vs Christianity : Are We Actually Practicing Christianity by Kalatium(m): 2:21pm On Nov 19, 2016
rexben:
What lennycool said is accurate but the true is that Christians don't obey Jesus.
Anyway, there is no difference between churchianity and Christianity, there are the same. Besides, there is nothing like churchianity.
My dear follow Jesus and not Christianity
I was heard that Jesus real name is Yeshua
Re: Churchianity Vs Christianity : Are We Actually Practicing Christianity by ScienceWatch: 10:31pm On Nov 24, 2016
Kalatium:
CONTINUATION
Differences between Churchianity and Christianity

What are God's views regarding Homosexuality?
Christianity – Homosexuality is an abomination to God and has been before the law (Gen 13:13), under the law (Leviticus 18:22), and under grace (Romans 1:27-32).
Churchianity – Jesus never specifically mentioned anything against homosexuality, therefore there’s nothing wrong with it because love is love.
Is there one way to God or several?
Christianity – There is only one mediator between God and man, and that's the man Christ Jesus (1 Timothy 2:5). Any other way will land man straight into the Lake of Fire.
Churchianity – As long as a person means well in their heart, God will show them the way. Whether that way is Jesus or Buddha or Muhammad; what really matters is your intent to spread God's love the best way you know how.
If a person dies without Christ, what happens after they die?
Christianity – Their soul will burn in Hell where their worm dieth not and the fire is not quench (Mark 9:44)
Churchianity – It's not our place to judge. What matters is that we do our best to help people who have lost loved ones because God is a God of comfort.
" Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches
IT IS WRITTEN ! “FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD.”
Pastors don’t be alarmed. The reason real pastors can’t and will not accept same sex relations is because Jesus the Messiah brought a final solution to this spiritual problem, which is called DELIVERANCE. There are mind-blowing spiritual solutions to all terminal diseases, psychological problems, etc that are beyond medical science.

Now there is substantial evidence that can be scientifically verified that GAYS are not what medical science has previously believed it to be. It can now be proven that it is spirit attacks that make a man incapable of having natural attraction for woman - correctly termed (Spirit of man). A woman won’t have natural attraction for a man - correctly termed (Spirit of woman) As a result, because a woman is possessed by a female spirit, that spirit will only allow affection toward woman and the opposite is also true.

Men and woman with this spiritual problem are coming from around the world to the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria (Synagogue Church of All Nations) for instant deliverance from spirit attacks on their precious lives. See the evidence and live testimonies on Emmanuel TV and youtube.com 24hrs a day, 7 days a week.

Today most churches are simply glorified motivational centres that offer nice sounding words without the Resurrection Power needed to save a suffering person. The sincere suffering masses never get what Jesus commanded them to have, FREE HEALING, FREE DELIVERANCE and FREE BLESSING.

The time is now, where in every true church, regardless of their religion, will experience mind-blowing evidence of the Father’s LOVE with miracles, signs and wonders as seen in the Scoan Church Nigeria will be freely available to the suffering masses for all that come to the Messiah.
Re: Churchianity Vs Christianity : Are We Actually Practicing Christianity by ScienceWatch: 10:32pm On Nov 24, 2016
Kalatium:
Since from the inception, many Christians have been deviating from the right tract.
Most of we Christians are born into a Christian home and so we do not know what it means to be a Christian,therefore we live unholy lives.

Lately, there is a form of Christianity emerging termed
'CHURCHIANITY' which deviates from true CHRISTIANITY.

Let's define these terms

Churchianity— is defined as any practices of Christianity that are viewed as placing a larger emphasis on the habits of church life or the institutional traditions of the church than on theology and spiritual teachings of Jesus; the quality of being too church-focused.

Christianity— is defined as a religion based on the belief that Christ was the son of God and on his teachings. It focuses on theology and teachings of Christ, it is Christ-focused.

Christianity has to do with personal relationship with God and not just going to church.
We often confuse Churchianity with Christianity in this generation thinking that going to church is all that matters. All that matters is holiness. Your relationship with God is the main issue not the Denominations.

Thanks

Author: Kalatium
Here Jesus Christ explains why the miracles/WORKS are a vital part of the complete Gospel. It is so that we will be so amazed at the love of God in our suffering, that we will believe and no longer doubt the Son of God. He has proven himself to us !
Joh 5:20 For the God loves the Son, and shows Him all miracles that He does: and He will show me greater miracles/WORKS than these, so that you may be amazed and believe.
Joh 5:21 For as the Father raise up the dead, and give them life; even so the Son gives life to whom he will.
Joh 5:22 For the Father judge no man, but has committed all judgment unto the Son:
Joh 5:24 Truly, Truly, I say to you, He that understand what I am saying and doing, and believes in God that sent me, has everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Have you ever wondered why many people have a hard time honouring Jesus?
Here Jesus explains this problem very clearly.
Joh 6:65 And Jesus said, I have said to you, that no one can come to me and believe what I am doing, except, if the true God sends them to me.

Today, we are blessed to have the evidence of Jesus’ WORKS Biblically and scientifically verified in the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria and on Emmanuel TV.
Re: Churchianity Vs Christianity : Are We Actually Practicing Christianity by ScienceWatch: 10:33pm On Nov 24, 2016
THIS IS WHAT A THEOLOGY PROFFESSOR SAID about the Holy PROPHET TB JOSHUA. Here is an extract from Professor Willem Ouweneel’s experience at the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria ; Daily, 24hrs per day, mind-blowing demonstrations of Biblical and scientifically verifiable miracles, signs, prophecy and wonders can also be seen on Emmanuel TV and youtube.com
Professor Ouweneel is a theology and philosophy professor at several colleges and theological faculties. He is the author of over 100 books. He lives in the Netherlands, where he was born.

Prof. Willem Ouweneel states. ”I have seen many of the false criticisms about Prophet TB Joshua on websites and in newspapers and I am very angry with some of the criticisms as they are totally unfair and just repeating the mistakes (or even lies) others have made.”

“They are people who are not in a position to really judge, people who pick on certain sentences in sermons which they do not understand in the African context and in the context of the rest of his ministry. That is a very cheap way of criticizing. It reminds me very strongly on what the Pharisees did who judged the Lord Jesus from their own framework of thought and put him in the category of the devil.” (Matthew 12).
“I am satisfied as to the integrity of T.B. Joshua's ministry says Professor Ouweneel. I have no doubt about that. I asked him some difficult questions just to find out for myself about his personal honesty, and I have been satisfied as to that.”

“Also I believe him to be thoroughly sound on all the basic doctrines of Christianity. It is only when people consciously or unconsciously misread certain statements that misunderstandings and mean insinuations are born. But you can do that with anyone's ministry, take sermons apart and condemn the preacher. That has been done with T.B. Joshua. But on the whole he is absolutely sound when it comes to all the major points of Christian doctrine.”
Re: Churchianity Vs Christianity : Are We Actually Practicing Christianity by ScienceWatch: 10:35pm On Nov 24, 2016
Today, two thousand years later, Christ is separating the wheat from the chafe. Because of His love for all church goers, He is separating fake pastors from His chosen ones.
Church goers world wide finally have powerful Biblical and scientifically verifiable evidence of the true Love of God as witnessed in The holy Scoan Church Nigeria . For too long Church goers have been fooled with cheap talk.

Examine how Christ answered his chosen ones, apprentice pastors/disciples.
Two very important spiritual questions are asked here;
a) Where is heaven, and how do we get there ?
b) Who is God and show us this God ?

John 14:5 Thomas asked him, Lord, we know not where you are doing; and how can we know the way?
John 14:6 Jesus said unto him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man comes to the Father, but by me.
John 14:7 If you had known me, you should have known my Father also: and from now you know him, and have seen him.

John 14:8 Philip said to Him, Lord, show us the Father, and it will be enough for us .
John 14:9 Jesus said to him, Have I been a long time with you, and yet you have not known me, Philip? He that has seen me has seen the Father; and why do you then say, Show us the Father?

John 14:10 Believe you not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that lives in me, He do the works (that you have seen me do, and that you do..)
(What are these WORKS that Jesus always refer to ?
They are the miracles, prophecy, signs and wonders. Jesus also instructs all pastors, ministers, evangelists to do the same, He says to them,”As my father sent me, so send I you.” )
Re: Churchianity Vs Christianity : Are We Actually Practicing Christianity by Kalatium(m): 5:25pm On Nov 25, 2016
ScienceWatch:
IT IS WRITTEN ! “FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD.”
Pastors don’t be alarmed. The reason real pastors can’t and will not accept same sex relations is because Jesus the Messiah brought a final solution to this spiritual problem, which is called DELIVERANCE. There are mind-blowing spiritual solutions to all terminal diseases, psychological problems, etc that are beyond medical science.

Now there is substantial evidence that can be scientifically verified that GAYS are not what medical science has previously believed it to be. It can now be proven that it is spirit attacks that make a man incapable of having natural attraction for woman - correctly termed (Spirit of man). A woman won’t have natural attraction for a man - correctly termed (Spirit of woman) As a result, because a woman is possessed by a female spirit, that spirit will only allow affection toward woman and the opposite is also true.

Men and woman with this spiritual problem are coming from around the world to the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria (Synagogue Church of All Nations) for instant deliverance from spirit attacks on their precious lives. See the evidence and live testimonies on Emmanuel TV and youtube.com 24hrs a day, 7 days a week.

Today most churches are simply glorified motivational centres that offer nice sounding words without the Resurrection Power needed to save a suffering person. The sincere suffering masses never get what Jesus commanded them to have, FREE HEALING, FREE DELIVERANCE and FREE BLESSING.

The time is now, where in every true church, regardless of their religion, will experience mind-blowing evidence of the Father’s LOVE with miracles, signs and wonders as seen in the Scoan Church Nigeria will be freely available to the suffering masses for all that come to the Messiah.
You de attend SCOAN church ne?
Re: Churchianity Vs Christianity : Are We Actually Practicing Christianity by rexben(m): 12:00pm On Nov 27, 2016
Kalatium:

I was heard that Jesus real name is Yeshua
Jesus is they English translation of Yeshua.
Re: Churchianity Vs Christianity : Are We Actually Practicing Christianity by Kalatium(m): 12:47pm On Nov 27, 2016
rexben:
Jesus is they English translation of Yeshua.
Jesus is not English it's Latin go and browse it
Re: Churchianity Vs Christianity : Are We Actually Practicing Christianity by rexben(m): 12:59pm On Nov 27, 2016
Kalatium:

Jesus is not English it's Latin go and browse it
So? It's now an English word
Re: Churchianity Vs Christianity : Are We Actually Practicing Christianity by ScienceWatch: 6:25pm On Dec 03, 2016
ScienceWatch:
THIS IS WHAT A THEOLOGY PROFFESSOR SAID about the Holy PROPHET TB JOSHUA. Here is an extract from Professor Willem Ouweneel’s experience at the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria ; Daily, 24hrs per day, mind-blowing demonstrations of Biblical and scientifically verifiable miracles, signs, prophecy and wonders can also be seen on Emmanuel TV and youtube.com
Professor Ouweneel is a theology and philosophy professor at several colleges and theological faculties. He is the author of over 100 books. He lives in the Netherlands, where he was born.

Prof. Willem Ouweneel states. ”I have seen many of the false criticisms about Prophet TB Joshua on websites and in newspapers and I am very angry with some of the criticisms as they are totally unfair and just repeating the mistakes (or even lies) others have made.”

“They are people who are not in a position to really judge, people who pick on certain sentences in sermons which they do not understand in the African context and in the context of the rest of his ministry. That is a very cheap way of criticizing. It reminds me very strongly on what the Pharisees did who judged the Lord Jesus from their own framework of thought and put him in the category of the devil.” (Matthew 12).
“I am satisfied as to the integrity of T.B. Joshua's ministry says Professor Ouweneel. I have no doubt about that. I asked him some difficult questions just to find out for myself about his personal honesty, and I have been satisfied as to that.”

“Also I believe him to be thoroughly sound on all the basic doctrines of Christianity. It is only when people consciously or unconsciously misread certain statements that misunderstandings and mean insinuations are born. But you can do that with anyone's ministry, take sermons apart and condemn the preacher. That has been done with T.B. Joshua. But on the whole he is absolutely sound when it comes to all the major points of Christian doctrine.”
Someone wrongly suggested that Christians should also use Islam’s Sharia law to deal with cowardly attacks on pastors.
Jesus powerful command to forgive enemies is the greatest wisdom. Islam's Sharia lack wisdom. God always punish enemies more effectively than you can.
The world today is truly blessed with a free spiritual learning channel, Emmanuel TV 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
Now we have no more excuse for our ignorance of how the spirit realm on both the dark side and the light side operate in human life, thanks to Emmanuel TV.
It is frightening to hear all the personal testimonies of people that have suffered because of stepping into the dark side.
Can one escape the vicious spiritual traps laid for millions of innocent people by fake pastors, competing religions, cruel governments and science ?
Emmanuel TV provide the most scientifically verifiable evidence of the highest spiritual TRUTH of creation to the world 24 HRS A DAY. Now you too can escape into true light.
Finally honest scientists have seen evolution and the Big Bang for what it always was. It was from the start A vicious SCAM to oppress the masses world wide!
Re: Churchianity Vs Christianity : Are We Actually Practicing Christianity by ScienceWatch: 1:57am On Dec 04, 2016
Kalatium:

You de attend SCOAN church ne?
Dont miss an opportunity never seen before in modern history, The book of ACTS come alive to verify that the Holy Bible is truth.

TB Joshua is the greatest anointed Pastor today !
Finally we all have loads of scientifically verifiable evidence coming out of Scoan Church Nigeria that proves the holy Gospels and the Holy Books of Acts to be accurate.
Too many False Pastors/ Rabbis, etc teach their congregations that a demon possessed pastor can do demonic deliverance and miraculous healings. History shows how we all have been brain-washed for hundreds of years by science, governments, the Pentecostal churches, Roman Catholic Churches, Old and New Apostolic Churches and many more.

Now we have no more excuse for our dark ignorance of how the spirit realm on both the dark side and the light side operate in human life, thanks to Emmanuel TV.
It is frightening to hear all the personal testimonies of people that have suffered because of stepping into the dark side.
Can one escape the vicious spiritual traps laid for millions of innocent people by fake pastors, competing religions, cruel governments and science ?
Emmanuel TV provide the most scientifically verifiable evidence of the highest spiritual TRUTH to the world 24 HRS A DAY. Now you too can escape into true light.
You do remember what Jesus said when the evil Jewish priests told him that what he is doing - all the healing and deliverance - is done by the power of Satan. This is what the holy Prophet TB Joshua of Scoan Nigeria is also accused of today.

Jesus said to these so-called holy men. “Satan can’t and will not work against himself."
What does this mean?
Even if a so-called respected but false pastor/Bishop/Prophet/Clergyman try to heal or do demon deliverance, it can’t and won’t work. Satan can’t and won’t work against himself.
Finally we all have loads of scientifically verifiable evidence coming out of Scoan Church Nigeria that proves the holy Gospels and the Holy Books of Acts to be accurate. Truth seekers are eternally grateful to a humble servant of the true GOD, Prophet TB Joshua.

(1) (Reply)

What Qualifies Someone To Be A Saint? / Has “the World” Become More Loving Than The Church? – Dr Charles Awuzie / Kenneth Copeland, American Billionaire Pastor Acquires Aeroplane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.