Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,984 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Zuckerberg Says Blaming Facebook For US Election Outcome A ‘pretty Crazy Idea’ - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Zuckerberg Says Blaming Facebook For US Election Outcome A ‘pretty Crazy Idea’ (491 Views)

New Haircut: Mark Zuckerberg Mocked On Twitter (Photos) / Cambridge Analytica Shared My Own Data Too, Zuckerberg Says / Mark Zuckerberg Says His Goal For 2018 Is To ‘fix’ Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zuckerberg Says Blaming Facebook For US Election Outcome A ‘pretty Crazy Idea’ by reporterslab: 5:03am On Nov 12, 2016
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg says the instances of fake stories popping up in the feed of his social network could not have affected the US presidential election.

He said instead that people underestimated the amount of support for Donald Trump.

“I do think there is a certain profound lack of empathy in asserting that the only reason someone could have voted the way they did is they saw some fake news,” Zuckerberg said. “If you believe that, then I don’t think you have internalized the message the Trump supporters are trying to send in this election.”

Facebook has become a major news source for many Internet users in the US. According to the Pew Research Center, nearly half of Americans get news from this social network. Still, Facebook insists it is not a media company.

Earlier this year, Facebook news aggregator Trending Topics was slammed for allegedly promoting politically biased stories by its human editors who filtered out conservative news. The social media giant then replaced the editorial team with machine-learning algorithms. However, that has not helped much and fake stories continue to spread. The social media giant assured users that it takes the issue seriously and will improve the algorithm. “We understand there’s so much more we need to do,” Adam Mosseri, Facebook’s vice president of product management, said in a statement.
Read more at http://www.reporterslab.com/zuckerberg-says-blaming-facebook-us-election-outcome-pretty-crazy-idea/ .

Re: Zuckerberg Says Blaming Facebook For US Election Outcome A ‘pretty Crazy Idea’ by BarrElChapo(m): 5:11am On Nov 12, 2016
Lolzz #Trump #Trump #Trump
Re: Zuckerberg Says Blaming Facebook For US Election Outcome A ‘pretty Crazy Idea’ by zakim(m): 6:26am On Nov 12, 2016
k
Re: Zuckerberg Says Blaming Facebook For US Election Outcome A ‘pretty Crazy Idea’ by chris2face(m): 8:31am On Nov 12, 2016
Just the person above me I have nothing to say

(1) (Reply)

Best Web Ict Offers And Awesome Video Editing / I Need Help On How To Redirect Blog Post To My Online Store / In Need Of A Blogger Template Customization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.