Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,554 members, 7,955,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:42 PM

If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son (2793 Views)

Obasanjo: If Jesus Were In Nigeria Today, He Would Not Keep Quiet / What Does It Mean That Jesus Is God's Only Begotten Son? / If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son by Peacefullove: 11:55am On Nov 19, 2016
Berlynn:

Did God die when Jesus died on the cross? The answer depends on how we understand the meaning of the word die... To die does not mean to go out of existence. Death is separation. Physical death is when the soul-spirit separates from the physical body. So, in that sense, yes, God died, because Jesus was God in human form, and Jesus’ soul-spirit separated from His body (John 19:30)though if by “death” we mean “a cessation of existence,” then, no, God did not die. For God to “die” in that sense would mean that He ceased to exist, and neither the Father nor the Son nor the Holy Spirit will ever cease to exist.. The Son, the second Person of the Trinity, left the body He temporarily inhabited on Earth, but His divine nature did not die, nor could it.

You are using religion to define a simple thing " death" , " die" .. Does the separation definition fit in with the context of every living thing that experience death ?

If I killed a hen or cow , it means they didn't go out o existence but went to somewhere else ? If NO, u are biased in your definition if you don't know .such a definition is religiously grounded to support a certain dogma .

Before you can answer my earlier question , define death as it relate to every living thing ?

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son by ScienceWatch: 10:36pm On Nov 24, 2016
GrizzlyBear:
Anyone who believes that jesus is the son of God, is either ignorant of the bible, gullible, or just being deliberately dishonest.

The Jews themselves who claimed to have had a personal, one on one relationship with this God, as documented in their old testament and other non canonical books, don't even believe that Jesus was the son of God, yet, you colonized fanatics believe wholeheartedly that he is the son of God, and would even die for this belief.

SMH.
Jesus says to all pastors, ministers and evangelists that humbly want spiritual enlightenment in;
Joh 14:12 Truly, Truly, I say to you, He that believes me, the miracles/ WORKS that I do will you also do; and greater (more) miracles/WORKS than these shall you do; because I must soon go unto my Father.
Today, we are blessed to have the evidence of Jesus’ WORKS Biblically and scientifically verified in the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria and on Emmanuel TV.

A pastor, minister, evangelist will be know by their WORKS so that fake pastors can be separated from the real pastors. The wheat is separated from the chaff. Only the WORKS bear witness of a real pastor, not their elaborate speeches.

What are these WORKS that Jesus always refer to ?
They are the miracles, prophecy, signs and wonders. Jesus also instructs all pastors, ministers, evangelists to do the same. Jesus says to them,”As my father sent me, so send I you.”
Now the world finally have a free education channel 24 hours a day, seven days a week on Emmanuel TV demonstrating true scientifically verifiable evidence and deeper meaning of John 14:12
Re: If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son by ScienceWatch: 10:37pm On Nov 24, 2016
Famouson:
lolzz.. . Jesus is not God oh... He's just a major share holder
Here Jesus explains why all the miracles, prophecy, Signs and Wonder are an extremely important part of His Mission. Jesus says clearly in these biblical refs that the WORKS that He does bear witness that the Father has sent him.

Joh 5:35 John was a burning and a shining light: and you were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.
Joh 5:36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the miracles/ WORKS which the Father has given me to finish, the same miracles/ WORKS that I do, bear witness for me, that the Father hath sent me.
Joh 5:23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that does not honour the Son does not honour the Father who has sent him.
Today, we are blessed to have the evidence of Jesus’ WORKS Biblically and scientifically verified in the Holy Scoan Church Nigeria and on Emmanuel TV.
Re: If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son by ScienceWatch: 10:38pm On Nov 24, 2016
SirWere:

Is it not funny that when we hit logical absurdities; there is an instant reversal to; we don't know; we're too small to comprhend.

Fallacy of special pleading....... In a box.
Here we see that Jesus Christ is accused of using demonic power to deliver a man from an evil spirit.
Mat 9:32 As they went out, behold, they brought to him a dumb man possessed with a devil.
Mat 9:33 And when the devil was cast out, the dumb man spoke: and all the people were amazed, saying, this was never seen in Israel.
Mat 9:34 But the Pharisees said, He delivers out devils through the prince of the devils.
Note how the same false accusations are made against the Holy Prophet TB Joshua.

Here Jesus Christ explains who he is and why He came into the world.
Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Joh 17:18 What I was sent into the world to do, I also sent them into the world to do the same.

Re: If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son by ScienceWatch: 10:39pm On Nov 24, 2016
Brigham:
One funny observation about the major theme of Christianity is that it's self defeating.

Why should an 'all powerful' god have to sacrifice 'himself' to 'himself' before men could be forgiven.

That's magnanimous.
Here Jesus Christ explains why the miracles/WORKS are a vital part of the complete Gospel. It is so that we will be so amazed at the love of God in our suffering, that we will believe and no longer doubt the Son of God. He has proven himself to us !
Joh 5:20 For the God loves the Son, and shows Him all miracles that He does: and He will show me greater miracles/WORKS than these, so that you may be amazed and believe.
Joh 5:21 For as the Father raise up the dead, and give them life; even so the Son gives life to whom he will.
Joh 5:22 For the Father judge no man, but has committed all judgment unto the Son:
Joh 5:24 Truly, Truly, I say to you, He that understand what I am saying and doing, and believes in God that sent me, has everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Have you ever wondered why many people have a hard time honouring Jesus?
Here Jesus explains this problem very clearly.
Joh 6:65 And Jesus said, I have said to you, that no one can come to me and believe what I am doing, except, if the true God sends them to me.

Re: If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son by ScienceWatch: 10:40pm On Nov 24, 2016
GrizzlyBear:
The fact that anyone would claim that the creator of the universe, with all it's complexity and sophistication, has a son, is the overt demonstration of antropomorphization of the human mind, which accentuates the patent fact that the bible, both old and new testament, is merely the construction of the human mind.
Here we see Jesus give to the Jews the reason why they can’t believe the evidence of the WORKS and love Him.

Joh 7:14 Now about the middle of the Jewish religious festival, Jesus went up into the temple, and taught.
Joh 7:15 And the Jews were amazed, saying, How knows this man this, having never learned?
Joh 7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but the true God that sent me.
Joh 8:29 And He that sent me is with me: God has not left me alone; for I do always those things that please Him. (Restoring the suffering people.)
Joh 8:38 I speak and do that which I have seen with my Father the true God: and you do that which you have seen with your father Satan.
Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If the true God were your Father, you would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but He sent me.
Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and live not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of lies.
Consider what Jesus said to the Jews earlier, Joh 6:65 And Jesus said, I have said to you, that no one can come to me and believe what I am doing, except, if the true God sends them to me.
Re: If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son by ScienceWatch: 10:42pm On Nov 24, 2016
Auki:
Your God is one God. Jesus as God or son of God or part of God is invented. Ten Covenant should at least include this weird concept. Beside the first and the most important covenant negated this concept- it tells us worship one God and ascribed no partner on to Him because He is a jealous God.

Did Abraham, Mosses or any good men of old pray to Jesus? They all prayed to God alone.

Or show me what Jesus(p)created, or did he create you and I?

Show where Jesus HIMSELF said he is God, son or privy to divinity.

Roman paganisms are included in Christianity- Paganistic concept are the wierd one which typical explanation are attributed to God mystery. Full devotion to anything require atleast good understanding of it.

Read widely and pray to ur creator to show u the way. Dying as Christian is more than terrible mistake.
Here we see Jesus give to the Jews the reason why they can’t believe the evidence of the WORKS and love Him.

Joh 7:14 Now about the middle of the Jewish religious festival, Jesus went up into the temple, and taught.
Joh 7:15 And the Jews were amazed, saying, How knows this man this, having never learned?
Joh 7:16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but the true God that sent me.
Joh 8:29 And He that sent me is with me: God has not left me alone; for I do always those things that please Him. (Restoring the suffering people.)
Joh 8:38 I speak and do that which I have seen with my Father the true God: and you do that which you have seen with your father Satan.
Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If the true God were your Father, you would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but He sent me.
Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and live not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of lies.
Consider what Jesus said to the Jews earlier, Joh 6:65 And Jesus said, I have said to you, that no one can come to me and believe what I am doing, except, if the true God sends them to me.
Re: If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son by ScienceWatch: 10:47pm On Nov 24, 2016
DoctorAlien:
The concept of a second Person in the GOD Family who is worthy of homage just like the Father is, is seen in Psa. 2:12 which reads "Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him."

It is also recorded here that those who put their trust in this Son are blessed. This Son could not have been a man, for "Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man..." Jer. 17:5

This Son can, also, not be an angel, for "Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly:" Job 4:18. If GOD charged His angels with folly, then He could not ask us to put our trust in an angel.

This leaves us with only one option: this Son being talked about in Psa. 2:12 is GOD! Prov. 3:5-8 and Psa.118:8 instructs us to trust only GOD. And since trust can be put in this Son, He must be GOD.
The Jews are unable to believe verifiable evidence of the miracles/WORKS

Joh 10:23 And Jesus walked in the Jewish temple in Solomon's porch.
Joh 10:24 Then the Jews came round about him, and said to him, How long do you make us to doubt? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly.
Joh 10:25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and you believed not: the miracles/ WORKS that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
Joh 10:26 But you wont believe, because you are not of the true God, as I said unto you.

Joh 10:37 If I don’t do the miracles/ WORKS of my Father, don’t believe me.

Joh 10:38 But if I do, though you are unable to believe me, believe the WORKS: so that that you may know, and believe, that the true God is in me, and I in Him.
Joh 10:39 Because of this the Jews tried to harm him: but he escaped out of their hands.

Re: If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son by ScienceWatch: 10:49pm On Nov 24, 2016
akintom:

How long will it take you religious folks, to come to rational understanding, that all these absurd, yet human created contradictions, in the badly written fictional story book (Bible), is idiotic and nonsensical?

These arrant gibberish does no good, not even to lower animals. A lot of them were roasted for God as breakfast, lunch and dinner. This carnivorous God irritates animals a lot.

God = Jesus = holy spirit = God = Jesus = holy spirit = eternal hogwash.
Today, two thousand years later, Christ is separating the wheat from the chafe. Because of His love for all church goers, He is separating fake pastors from His chosen ones.
Church goers world wide finally have powerful Biblical and scientifically verifiable evidence of the true Love of God as witnessed in The holy Scoan Church Nigeria . For too long Church goers have been fooled with cheap talk.

Examine how Christ answered his chosen ones, apprentice pastors/disciples.
Two very important spiritual questions are asked here;
a) Where is heaven, and how do we get there ?
b) Who is God and show us this God ?

John 14:5 Thomas asked him, Lord, we know not where you are doing; and how can we know the way?
John 14:6 Jesus said unto him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man comes to the Father, but by me.
John 14:7 If you had known me, you should have known my Father also: and from now you know him, and have seen him.

John 14:8 Philip said to Him, Lord, show us the Father, and it will be enough for us .
John 14:9 Jesus said to him, Have I been a long time with you, and yet you have not known me, Philip? He that has seen me has seen the Father; and why do you then say, Show us the Father?

John 14:10 Believe you not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that lives in me, He do the works (that you have seen me do, and that you do..)
(What are these WORKS that Jesus always refer to ?
They are the miracles, prophecy, signs and wonders. Jesus also instructs all pastors, ministers, evangelists to do the same, He says to them,”As my father sent me, so send I you.” )
Re: If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 30, 2016
Berlynn:

a lot of us believe in this concept that Jesus is the son of God why some thinks Jesus is God..

Was Jesus God? If so, to whom did he pray tp? Who resurrected him? Are you saying he did not really die?

Answer
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (John 1:1)

The above clearly shows Jesus is the Word made flesh. That He is God incarnate. Then we have:

Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it. If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. (John 14:9-14:20)

The above passage clearly tells us that the Son dwells in the Father, and the Father in the Son, that is they are ONE Jesus is the father the son and the holy spirit!

To whom did Jesus pray to?

Jesus prayed to His Heavenly Father of course. One person to another, yet the same deity. This is obviously very difficult, perhaps even impossible, to fully comprehend for the human mind, though. However, one must bear in mind that God is infinitely much more than we can possibly understand. God is infinite, and we mortals are merely finite. There is no ratio between the finite and the infinite, and as such the two are beyond comparison. In the passage I quoted above from John 14, Jesus asks Philip to believe that he is in the Father and that the Father is in him. He asks him to have faith in this truth, and therefore we should not reject it, even if we cannot understand it.

I don't believe and will never in my life believe this rubbish, God is the father Jesus is the son period
Re: If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son by splashybone(m): 1:44am On Dec 01, 2016
Berlynn:

a lot of us believe in this concept that Jesus is the son of God why some thinks Jesus is God..

Was Jesus God? If so, to whom did he pray tp? Who resurrected him? Are you saying he did not really die?

Answer
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (John 1:1)

The above clearly shows Jesus is the Word made flesh. That He is God incarnate. Then we have:

Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it. If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. (John 14:9-14:20)

The above passage clearly tells us that the Son dwells in the Father, and the Father in the Son, that is they are ONE Jesus is the father the son and the holy spirit!

Jesus prayed to His Heavenly Father of course. One person to another, yet the same deity. This is obviously very difficult, perhaps even impossible, to fully comprehend for the human mind, though. However, one must bear in mind that God is infinitely much more than we can possibly understand. God is infinite, and we mortals are merely finite. There is no ratio between the finite and the infinite, and as such the two are beyond comparison. In the passage I quoted above from John 14, Jesus asks Philip to believe that he is in the Father and that the Father is in him. He asks him to have faith in this truth, and therefore we should not reject it, even if we cannot understand it.

when Jesus was answering Philip he was asserting that Him and His father are of the same purpose in his later statement which you just quoted "The words I say to you are not just my own." suggests Jesus' position in relation to his father
Re: If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son by splashybone(m): 1:53am On Dec 01, 2016
Many Christian denominations teach that God is a Trinity. However, note what the Encyclopædia Britannica states: “"Neither the word Trinity nor the explicit doctrine appears in the New Testament . . . The doctrine developed gradually over several centuries and through many controversies."”

In fact, the God of the Bible is never described as being part of a Trinity. Note these Bible passages:

“"Jehovah our God is One Jehovah."”—Deuteronomy 6:4.

“"You, whose name is Jehovah, you[b] alone[/b] are the Most High over all the earth."”—Psalm 83:18.

“"This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ."”—John 17:3.

“"God is only one."”—Galatians 3:20.

Why do most Christian denominations say that God is a Trinity?

2 Likes

Re: If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son by monex(m): 5:56pm On Dec 05, 2016
SirWere:

Is it not funny that when we hit logical absurdities; there is an instant reversal to; we don't know; we're too small to comprhend.

Fallacy of special pleading....... In a box.
well it typically happens when we cannot prove something but at the same time it cannot be disproved.
Re: If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 05, 2016
monex:

well it typically happens when we cannot prove something but at the same time it cannot be disproved.
Well, in that case, does the onus not lie on the claimant to assert and show conclusive proof
Re: If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son by ichuka(m): 9:42pm On Dec 05, 2016
At OP
If Berlynn is your surname,why would you be called the Son/Dauther of Berlynn??
Very dumb question
Don't bother to reply.

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 05, 2016
ichuka:
At OP If Berly nn is your surname,why would you be called the Son/Dauther of Berl ynn?? Very dumb question Don't bother to reply.
so whats ur point?

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 05, 2016
Thumbs up@ berlynn

Also Jesus referred himself as the Lord of the Sabbath. The jews knew that God was the Lord of sabbath yet Jesus is claimed same thing.
Jesus is God! The whole bible support and proves this.

No wonder the Jews wanted to kill him.
Re: If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son by Amicable24: 9:20pm On Dec 10, 2016
GrizzlyBear:
Anyone who believes that jesus is the son of God, is either ignorant of the bible, gullible, or just being deliberately dishonest.

The Jews themselves who claimed to have had a personal, one on one relationship with this God, as documented in their old testament and other non canonical books, don't even believe that Jesus was the son of God, yet, you colonized fanatics believe wholeheartedly that he is the son of God, and would even die for this belief.

SMH.
Atheist spotted angry undecided
Berlynn explained it already.. Take it or leave it, but that's the truth.
Anyway, Jesus loves you bro.. Believe in Him or not, it changes nothing
Re: If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son by Amicable24: 9:32pm On Dec 10, 2016
Peacefullove:

When Jesus died , did the Father died too since the Father is in him and ONE with him ?
God is a Spirit.. Spirits don't 'die' like u mentioned and mind u, Jesus rose from dead on the third day, He lives smiley
Re: If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son by Amicable24: 9:43pm On Dec 10, 2016
Auki:
Your God is one God. Jesus as God or son of God or part of God is invented. Ten Covenant should at least include this weird concept. Beside the first and the most important covenant negated this concept- it tells us worship one God and ascribed no partner on to Him because He is a jealous God.

Did Abraham, Mosses or any good men of old pray to Jesus? They all prayed to God alone.

Or show me what Jesus(p)created, or did he create you and I?

Show where Jesus HIMSELF said he is God, son or privy to divinity.

Roman paganisms are included in Christianity- Paganistic concept are the wierd one which typical explanation are attributed to God mystery. Full devotion to anything require atleast good understanding of it.

Read widely and pray to ur creator to show u the way. Dying as Christian is more than terrible mistake.
This is something that u can't comprehend except it is revealed unto u by God/Jesus Himself.. BTW, the op mentioned some scriptural passages where Jesus regarded Himself as God.. I guess u skipped those places because u can't stand it (God help us all)
And for old testament prophets/people not talking of Jesus, u forgot that Isaiah prophesied about His coming, David also mentioned Him and even called Him LORD, the Israelites had always hoped for the coming of the Messiah...
It baffles me a lot when non-christians try to tell/preach to christians about their faith and what they think is the truth with some false doctrines against the Scripture.
Jesus is LORD of all forever, Amen.
Re: If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son by Amicable24: 10:03pm On Dec 10, 2016
Zceesneh:
I don't believe and will never in my life believe this rubbish, God is the father Jesus is the son period
Those words were said by Jesus Himself, why the disbelief.. The Bible passage is clear enough..
Re: If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son by Amicable24: 10:11pm On Dec 10, 2016
splashybone:

Many Christian denominations teach that God is a Trinity. However, note what the Encyclopædia Britannica states: “"Neither the word Trinity nor the explicit doctrine appears in the New Testament . . . The doctrine developed gradually over several centuries and through many controversies."”

In fact, the God of the Bible is never described as being part of a Trinity. Note these Bible passages:

“"Jehovah our God is One Jehovah."”—Deuteronomy 6:4.

“"You, whose name is Jehovah, you[b] alone[/b] are the Most High over all the earth."”—Psalm 83:18.

“"This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ."”—John 17:3.

“"God is only one."”—Galatians 3:20.

Why do most Christian denominations say that God is a Trinity?
The problem with we humans is that we try to understand everything with what we can see or what our brains can comprehend.. The Father, Jesus and The Holy Spirit = One God.. They are not three different people like some of us think.. I used to believe they were there different beings until God opened my understanding.. Pray for God to give you an understanding of this mystery..
Re: If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 11, 2016
Amicable24:

The problem with we humans is that we try to understand everything with what we can see or what our brains can comprehend.. The Father, Jesus and The Holy Spirit = One God.. They are not three different people like some of us think.. I used to believe they were there different beings until God opened my understanding.. Pray for God to give you an understanding of this mystery..
exactly I thought I was d only one who knws this

1 Like

Re: If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2016
Amicable24:

Those words were said by Jesus Himself, why the disbelief.. The Bible passage is clear enough..
bye believe whatever u want to live
Re: If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son by rexben(m): 1:54pm On Dec 11, 2016
Berlynn:

Answer

Jesus is not God, He's simply the son of God. Don't mind Christians jare.
Jesus said "He came from the Father", "what He sees the father do I do", "I come to you father".
Re: If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son by Peacefullove: 11:25pm On Dec 28, 2016
Amicable24:

God is a Spirit.. Spirits don't 'die' like u mentioned and mind u, Jesus rose from dead on the third day, He lives smiley

How can Jesus rose from dead if he didnt die ?
Re: If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son by Amicable24: 7:51pm On Dec 29, 2016
Peacefullove:

How can Jesus rose from dead if he didnt die ?
I never mentioned that Jesus didn't die When he finished His work on earth, He died (being flesh) and rose again on the third day smiley
Re: If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son by rexben(m): 2:00pm On Jun 07, 2017

take your time and go through the scripture it will help you understand better Jesus is God
Jesus is not God. If you're actually listening to Jesus you won't ever make the mistake of calling Jesus God. Jesus is simply the begotten son of God. He and His Father are one because Jesus' will is to do the will of God. You're one with a person who have the same goal, purpose etc.
The two shall become one(i.e marriage). Does it change the fact that there are two individual persons.
LISTEN TO JESUS ONLY AND YOU WON'T ERR
Re: If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son by rexben(m): 2:07pm On Jun 07, 2017
Splinz:

Nice one Berlynn. These things are only confusing to ignoramuses.
If I say the post is confusing, it'll be an understatement because Jesus never called Himself God. He's the son of God.
Re: If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son by rexben(m): 2:12pm On Jun 07, 2017
One funny observation about the major theme of Christianity is that it's self defeating.

Why should an 'all powerful' god have to sacrifice 'himself' to 'himself' before men could be forgiven.

That's magnanimous.
Pls, help me ask them ooo. If He's all powerful and all mighty, He should be able to forgive sins without sacrifices.
I'M VERY CERTAIN THAT THE CHRISTIAN GOD IS NOT YAHWEH
Re: If Jesus Christ Is God Why Is He Called God's Begotten Son by rexben(m): 2:14pm On Jun 07, 2017
Peacefullove:

When Jesus died , did the Father died too since the Father is in him and ONE with him ?
Wonderful question!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ThIS IS GOD'S PLAN FOR THOSE WHO GENUINELY LOOK UP TO HIM TO SAFE THEM / My Mother Has Been Going To TB Joshua Of Lately / Prayer Points @ Holyghost Night Of Signs And Wonders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.