Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,128 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:01 AM

AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November (3654 Views)

Poll: Which team's getting 3 points?

AC Milan: 36% (4 votes)
Real Madrid: 45% (5 votes)
Draw: 18% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 / AC Milan Vs Barcelona - UCL (2 - 0) On 20th February 2013 / UCL: AC Milan Vs Arsenal (4 - 0) On 15th February 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November by Cristalz(f): 12:02pm On Nov 02, 2009
In Group C, AC Milan welcome Real Madrid to the San Siro for the return leg of their UCL tie. Both teams are currently tied on points in the group; 6 points apiece. However Real Madrid top the group on Goal Difference.

AC Milan succeeded in coming away with a 3-2 win at the Bernabeu in the 1st leg encounter. Milan have won all five home games against Madrid and have only conceded one goal. That came in their first meeting, the second leg of the semi-final 53 years ago which they won 2-1.
Ronaldinho, Pato, Filippo Inzaghi and Klaas-Jan Huntelaar are striking options for coach Leonardo Nascimento de Araujo. Borriello is a very good option as well.  .  .will probably be on the bench.
Clarence Seedorf, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Gennaro Gattuso and Matthieu Flamini are choices Araujo has got for the midfield. Pirlo got a goal during the 1st leg of the tie.
Nesta and Zambrotta are names Real Madrid's strike force will have to contend with in defense, as well as goalie Dida. Oguchi Onyewu is still out injured and will miss this game.

Real Madrid suffered a surprising defeat at the Bernabeu to AC Milan in the 1st leg of this tie. Madrid's last visit to Milan was in November 2002, a 1-0 defeat in the second group stage. After their Matchday 1 victory at Zürich, Madrid are looking to make it successive away wins in the competition.
Bad news for Real Madrid, however.  .  .they are hit with a number of injuries. All big names, of course.
The list includes Alvaro Arbeloa, Fernando Gago, Guti, Ruud Van Nistelrooy, and Cristiano Ronaldo.
Available strikers for Real Madrid include Raul, Karim Benzema and Gonzalo Higuain. Gago and Ruud Van Nistelrooy were on the bench in Real Madrid's last La Liga game against Getafe however, so they could make appearances before the end of 90 minutes.
With Xabi Alonso and Kaka in midfield, things should stay tight and attack-inclined. Mahamadou Diarra, Lassana Diarra and Rafael Van der Vaart are also available choices for coach Manuel Pellegrini.
In defense, Marcelo, Arbeloa, Sergio Ramos will hope to keep AC Milan's strike force quiet, as well as goalie Iker Casillas.

Neither of these two sides will want a defeat as both have set their sights on finishing first on the group table. As they are currently tied on points, we should see a lot of goals.
Re: AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November by dominique(f): 12:20pm On Nov 02, 2009
3 points to Milan tho Real really needs this win to counter the embarrassment of losing to that lower division club.
FORZA MILANO smiley
Re: AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November by FBS: 12:37pm On Nov 02, 2009
Another classico?
Re: AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November by allboyz(m): 1:25pm On Nov 02, 2009
the fear of Kaka'. . . undecided
Re: AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November by dayokanu(m): 5:01pm On Nov 02, 2009
i thought only EPL clubs matchday thread get opened by mods and stickied to the top.
Re: AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November by chic2pimp(m): 6:13pm On Nov 02, 2009
dayokanu:

i thought only EPL clubs matchday thread get opened by mods and stickied to the top.

Nah wetin I think too be dat. Anyways sha Welcome back to your spiritual home Ricky.
Re: AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November by Cristalz(f): 6:18pm On Nov 02, 2009
Therez no thread, they complain. Therez a thread, they complain.
Nigerians. cheesy
Re: AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November by dayokanu(m): 6:28pm On Nov 02, 2009
In the past only EPL threads are stickied to the page and we were made to understand that they only have that right to be opened by mods and sticked.

Cant we ask the mods questions again or at least know when rules change
Re: AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November by chic2pimp(m): 6:39pm On Nov 02, 2009
Why I no go complain? undecided The best two sides in european cup history(16 european cups between us two) did not have a matchday thread created for them when they met @ the Bernabeu 2 weeks ago. If not for the wahala I created on the other matchday threads, I bet nothing woulda changed cool.
Re: AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November by Cristalz(f): 6:43pm On Nov 02, 2009
@DK
You didn't 'ask the mods'.  .  .you were thinking aloud.

Thread's up 'cos it actually is a big clash, especially as both sides are tied on points. Big games involving big non-EPL clubs could get stickied.
E.g  If Real Madrid and Lyon are playing a UCL semi-final, they get up there.
Basically, there's an exception for non-EPL clubs playing games that nearly everyone would be interested in.

@chic2pimp
It exists 'cos it actually is a big game, and you are too lazy to do it yourself. tongue
It's stickied 'cos I want it to be. Has nothing to do with you.

Now say thanks and be quiet.
Re: AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November by Borat1: 9:06pm On Nov 02, 2009
Hmmmmm
nice cosy wankroom for imp2chimp
Madrid have got it coming a long time,
another superb display from milan, this time dinho's on the scoresheet
Re: AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November by adebayo201: 9:36pm On Nov 02, 2009
What painz me iz CR9 wuld miss diz match again. I'm nt RM bt i only wantd 2 see wat e can do kiss
Re: AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November by dominique(f): 10:33pm On Nov 02, 2009
real madrid has all the odds stacked against them. . . 3 points goes to milan!!!
Re: AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November by jalether(m): 10:50pm On Nov 02, 2009
allboyz:

the fear of Kaka'. . . undecided

nah the fear of ronaldinho cool, he is back and believe me aint nothing stopping him
Re: AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November by adebayo201: 11:02pm On Nov 02, 2009
Hmmmm cry
Re: AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November by chic2pimp(m): 11:25pm On Nov 02, 2009
~Borat~:

Hmmmmm
nice cosy wankroom for imp2chimp
Madrid have got it coming a long time,
another superb display from milan, this time dinho's on the scoresheet
Dude,are you okay? undecided
Re: AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November by EARLMAGIC: 3:14am On Nov 03, 2009
This should be a cracking game!
Re: AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November by FBS: 8:56am On Nov 03, 2009
chic2pimp:

Why I no go complain? undecided The best two sides in european cup history(16 european cups between us two) did not have a matchday thread created for them when they met @ the Bernabeu 2 weeks ago. If not for the wahala I created on the other matchday threads, I bet nothing woulda changed cool.
But you no suppose complain. You can as well start the thread moreso if your grin club is playing. If it's interesting, as you already know, folks will join.

@Topic: This should be a CLASSIC!
Re: AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November by galatico(m): 9:43am On Nov 03, 2009
How Real Madrid can beat AC Milan at the San Siro

AC Milan (3) v Real Madrid (2)
Tuesday 03 November 2009, San Siro
UEFA Champions League
Kick-Off: 19:45 UK (20:45 CET)

Real Madrid face the daunting task of taking a -1 goal difference – and 3 away goals conceded – to the San Siro tonight as they try to get their Champions League campaign back on track sans Cristiano Ronaldo.

Having watched the first leg at the Bernabeu and how Real Madrid failed to hold on and beat a relatively old, but collectively-strong AC Milan, I thought I’d share with you my thoughts on the second leg game and how Los Blancos can win it. There are four (4) key areas where Real Madrid will need to improve – have a read and discuss (after the jump).

Watch AC Milan v Real Madrid live in the Champions League by signing up to view the best football feeds online with the Live Sport Network.

1. Bench Raul, think objectively, be fair, and start with Higuain upfront
It doesn’t matter if Raul is the captain or Perez’ girlfriend, If he isn’t performing well (which is the case now), he needs to be benched. The rubbish talk of Raul being the leader who instructs and helps others on the field is just plain useless.

Start Gonzalo Higuain instead. Not because he scored two goals against Getafe, but because he has some characteristics (which Raul doesn’t have) that can exhaust Milan’s Nesta and his friends. Pace and powerful shooting are just two. Dribbling? Yes sir, he got that. The only unique thing about Raul though, is his experience and good-positioning, but for this game, Higuain is the right man.

I know you might be asking, who should be playing with Higuain in attack? That depends on how Pellegrini wants to play, but I would add Van Nistelrooy If I wanted a great finisher and someone with experience.

Benzema is a good option too, but he is under-performing. Still, I would prefer him over Raul. No, I don’t hate Raul, it is just that Benzema can do well against Milan, the captain can’t. Period.

2. A strong and EFFECTIVE midfield is the key
Alonso, Lass and Kaka. Who else do you need? That looks like FIFA 10, but for Pellegrini, it is real. The problem though is apart from Lass, Kaka and Alonso haven’t been that great, at least they haven’t been Alonso and Kaka yet. Just their shadows.

Kaka knows Milan well. OK, that’s rubbish. He needs to use what he knows on the pitch. It is undeniable that Kaka is a great player, but he needs to step up his game and this is a good chance to improve. He loves spaces, but I doubt he will get many if Milan play their game, which bring us to the next point.

3. Play your game and force Milan to adapt to it
I think Barca is more than a night club, but I do like them because they do their own thing, play their game and FORCE you to adapt to it. They are just really good at that, and that’s why they usually win.

Real needs to control the tempo of the game. Alonso has to do it. Lass will be there to help out, but it will mainly depend on Alonso. When Real plays with style, dominate and force Milan to react to it, it will be very easy for Los Blancos to win.

They sort of managed to dominate in the first half of the first leg, but they lacked effectiveness in front of goal. But with Higuain or Van Nistelrooy upfront, scoring goals shouldn’t be a hurdle If you can assist them.

4. Communication and proper organization at the back is essential
Here is the other difficult part (in addition to playing with style and dominating). Since we sold Cannavaro, we have been missing a leader in the back. Pepe isn’t one. And Ramos needs who leads him. I can only think of Casillas, but we need a defender who shouts as loud as he can, who can awake Marcelo and Ramos from their day dreams, and who can organize and lead his teammates.

There is no quick and perfect solution at the moment, but Pellegrini needs to address this issue to his defenders. We’ve conceded off set-pieces, counter-attacks and even corners in a silly way. Sevilla scored two silly goals, Pato got away with a sneaky one and who knows If we don’t figure it out tomorrow night how Pato will get way with another one.

We need to be organized and awake all the time. We also need to be strong. Ramos on the right, Pepe and Albiol in the center is fine, but I wouldn’t feel comfortable seeing Marcelo or Drenthe on the left. I would prefer to play Arbeloa out of his position and put him there. Pellegrini experimented with him against Getafe and the former Liverpool man did a good job. What do we have to lose anyway?

Read more: http://soccerlens.com/how-real-madrid-can-beat-ac-milan-at-the-san-siro/36678/#ixzz0Vmfjx01o

Read more: http://soccerlens.com/how-real-madrid-can-beat-ac-milan-at-the-san-siro/36678/#ixzz0Vmfjx01o
Re: AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November by edoyad(m): 10:17am On Nov 03, 2009
I forsee a drab draw. Madrid's Wing Backs don't need to make any unnecessary forays forward.
Pellegrini needs atleast a draw to ease the pressure but the thing with Milan is you never know. Some of Those old war horses were playing in the UCL before i started watching Footie - Seedorf, Nzaghi.
Re: AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November by Krayola(m): 1:24pm On Nov 03, 2009
hunh? Cristalz is back to being a mod? undecided so yabbing Man Utd is now against the law again abi?
Re: AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November by scantee(m): 3:10pm On Nov 03, 2009
go Milan go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Milan 3 real 0
Re: AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November by scantee(m): 3:12pm On Nov 03, 2009
milan must beat real today.
Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ronadinho Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seedoff Go!!!!!!!!!!!Inzaghi thse are my guys.

But i remain the fans of the best club FCB
Barca
Re: AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November by chic2pimp(m): 6:21pm On Nov 03, 2009
Krayola:

hunh? Cristalz is back to being a mod? undecided so yabbing Man Utd is now against the law again abi?
Don't mind crizzle jare. Her wahala dey too much tongue

FBS:

But you no suppose complain. You can as well start the thread moreso if your grin club is playing. If it's interesting, as you already know, folks will join.

Omo I go complain jare. Wetin seun appoint them for ehn? undecided grin
Re: AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November by Cristalz(f): 7:15pm On Nov 03, 2009
Krayola:

Where did I go? undecided

chic2pimp:

Don't mind crizzle jare. Her wahala dey too much tongue
Omo I go complain jare. Wetin seun appoint them for ehn? undecided grin

Au contraire.
I'm very nice. . .till you repeatedly break the more obvious rules. grin
Re: AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November by dayokanu(m): 8:03pm On Nov 03, 2009
You can as well start the thread moreso if your club is playing. If it's interesting, as you already know, folks will join.

How many of the EPL matchday threads get started by fans and for example, How many posts do Liverpool fans get on their matchday threads to warrant it being stickied to the top.

Very few Liverpool machday threads go beyond the second page and at most you would find 3 Liverpool fans posting on it. I think a free market where any willing fan would do a matchday thread should be allowed and posts get to the top based on the demand for the matchthread.

I have seen typical Liverpool vs Hull city/Stoke City threads struggling to go beyond the first page yet we have it at the top
Re: AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November by edoyad(m): 8:15pm On Nov 03, 2009
^ The Bayerna Thread took 3 years to move into page two yet it wasn't deleted.
How does it relate to the discussion at hand ? I don't know , but it shows something.
Re: AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November by chic2pimp(m): 8:17pm On Nov 03, 2009
TEAM NEWS FOR AC MILAN VS REAL MADRID

REAL MADRID

CASILAS

S. RAMOS           ALBIOL                     PEPE                     ARBEOLA

LASS         XABI ALONSO

KAKA               HIGUAIN          MARCELO

BENZEMA

AC MILAN

DIDA

ODDO        THIAGO SILVA  SANDRO NESTA        G. ZAMBROTTA

PIRLO        AMBROSINI       SEEDORF

RONALDINHO

PATO     BORRIELLO
Re: AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November by chic2pimp(m): 8:21pm On Nov 03, 2009
Cristalz:

Au contraire.
I'm very nice. . .till you repeatedly break the more obvious rules. grin

What bloody rule? undecided If not for the fact that you are sexy I woulda yabbed you tongue grin cheesy

dayokanu:

How many of the EPL matchday threads get started by fans and for example, How many posts do Liverpool fans get on their matchday threads to warrant it being stickied to the top.

Very few Liverpool machday threads go beyond the second page and at most you would find 3 Liverpool fans posting on it. I think a free market where any willing fan would do a matchday thread should be allowed and posts get to the top based on the demand for the matchthread.

I have seen typical Liverpool vs Hull city/Stoke City threads struggling to go beyond the first page yet we have it at the top
I think you were being generous to liverpool there. Let's be honest, if you cut out the load crap we all chat, that thread wouldn't go pass page one.

Don't mind Crizzle jare,she don turn dictator to Hitler abi nah Idi Amin finish. shior
Re: AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November by dayokanu(m): 8:25pm On Nov 03, 2009
I think you were being generous to liverpool there. Let's be honest, if you cut out the load crap we all chat, that thread wouldn't go pass page one.

You self see am? As at this time, Liverpool thread has 7 posts and its stickied to the top and they are playing a very dicey and most important game of the season

Don't mind Crizzle jare,she don turn dictator to Hitler abi nah Idi Amin finish. shior

Na you talk am o. I nor follow you dey
Re: AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November by Cristalz(f): 8:28pm On Nov 03, 2009
dayokanu:

Dearie, you really should get a little more pro-active.

Check this out. Never seen your cologne in there. grin

Nobody has ever stopped anybody from doing a thread for whichever match on the planet he/she wants to do.
People just don't.  .  .dunno why.

Presently, those 4 EPL threads will always get stickied. Seun's rule.
Now if any other thread involves a big game, it will be stickied. My main priority are the 4 EPL threads. If anyone else feels a thread should be stickied, tell me and if you've got a point, it will be.
Have any of you ever done a match thread and specifically asked me to sticky it and I said no?

chic2pimp:

What bloody rule? undecided If not for the fact that you are sexy I woulda yabbed you  tongue grin cheesy

Oh sweetie, by all means go ahead and yab. You'll see how much better I am at it than you. tongue grin

The match threads are for people to follow the games, shout all dem ''Torres is class'' and ''How did Kuyt miss that'' shiznit. And for post-match discussion, if anyone wants.
Heck, we ironed all these out when the issue of doing these game threads came up.  .  .where were you two??

EPL threads are getting priority now, fact. That can't be helped, k?
If therez some other big game coming up and the mods don't do a thread, feel free to do one and myself or Muki will gladly put it at the top.
Re: AC Milan Vs Real Madrid [1 - 1] On Tuesday,3rd November by Ibime(m): 8:38pm On Nov 03, 2009
dayokanu:

I think a free market where any willing fan would do a matchday thread should be allowed and posts get to the top based on the demand for the matchthread.

Ol boy, this statement alone can win you the Nobel prize.

I've told Crizzle time and time again about these sticky threads but she said it was Seun causing the problem.

Now that Seun has granted her autonomy to run her own section, I expect that she should be implementing the recommendations of the Ibime report, which provides a detailed framework for ensuring that positions of thread are reflected in a perfect market by the liquidity of demand and supply.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Norwich City Vs Manchester United (1 - 2) On Sunday 26th February 2012 / Carling Cup 3rd Round : Chelsea (1) Vs Queen Park Rangers (0) ,23rd September, / QPR Vs Manchester United (0 - 2) On Sunday December 18 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.