Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Computer Engineering Vs Computer Science - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Computer Engineering Vs Computer Science (901 Views)

Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering / Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? / Petroleum Engineering Vs Mechanical Engineering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer Engineering Vs Computer Science by dauddy97(m): 2:11pm On Nov 12, 2016
pls help,which one should I choose in the two careers.
1. Base on job opportunity
2. Where can each profession work
3. Terms of salary.
4. The different in the two career

Pls help me to know whose career to choose among the two carries

Help your brother pls
Re: Computer Engineering Vs Computer Science by emryxleena(m): 2:21pm On Nov 12, 2016
I'm interested in this topic too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Computer Engineering Vs Computer Science by Favorite1: 2:35pm On Nov 12, 2016
Computer science focuses on the software aspect of the computer. Developing applications and operating systems( when you school abroad, you can do researches to that point because of available resources). You need to be very good in arithmetic because you will have arithmetic courses and a lot of projects where you learn to write in programming languages. CAREER opportunities are limitless. Everyone and everybody needs people good in software development.

Computer engineering focuses on the hardware aspect of computers and peripheral devices. It also includes networking of computers and some servers configuration etc.
CAREER opportunities are very good too especially in the telecom sector.

Both courses will require professional development courses yearly because it keeps advancing and you must take professional Qualification to keep up with your contemporaries globally.

I hope this helps. Other readers can add more to the little I have explained. Good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Computer Engineering Vs Computer Science by vakinola1(m): 2:35pm On Nov 12, 2016
i would say engineering because of the following reasons

when it comes to the software ... computer scienctist have proven to be best in that area ... but mostly they lag @ hardware

engineering can do both software and hard ware

pls correct me if I'm wrong ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Computer Engineering Vs Computer Science by KingRex1(m): 2:41pm On Nov 12, 2016
Concisely, COS deals with software development, networking, programming, configurations, coding....
While CEng deals more on hardware envelopment, structuring,...
For instance, a comp scientist works with Google and Android.. While an engineer works with Samsung and exynos.
In naija the are more job opportunities for comp scientists ie IT consultants.
But generally, an engineer might get the higher pay.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Computer Engineering Vs Computer Science by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 12, 2016
It depends on you, really, OP.

If you're able to think abstract stuff yet relate it to the present needs of the society and also if you have a highly creative mind; then I'll say Computer science is better.

On the other hand, if you prefer to deal with real and quantifiable matter and can labor through some pretty hardcore physics; then Computer engineering is for you.

It doesn't matter the one you choose;
You're going to have to love maths like your life.

A computer science student once told me he was dreaming in binary...

It was Then I knew it's a do or die thing gringrin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Computer Engineering Vs Computer Science by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 12, 2016
vakinola1:
i would say engineering because of the following reasons

when it comes to the software ... computer scienctist have proven to be best in that area ... but mostly they lag @ hardware

engineering can do both software and hard ware

pls correct me if I'm wrong ...

No bro, you're wrong.

Computer engineers deal with hardware ONLY.

The software aspect is left to programmers; who are computer scientists

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Computer Engineering Vs Computer Science by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 12, 2016
Computer science any day undecided kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Computer Engineering Vs Computer Science by dauddy97(m): 4:34pm On Nov 12, 2016
Favorite1:
Computer science focuses on the software aspect of the computer. Developing applications and operating systems( when you school abroad, you can do researches to that point because of available resources). You need to be very good in arithmetic because you will have arithmetic courses and a lot of projects where you learn to write in programming languages. CAREER opportunities are limitless. Everyone and everybody needs people good in software development.

Computer engineering focuses on the hardware aspect of computers and peripheral devices. It also includes networking of computers and some servers configuration etc.
CAREER opportunities are very good too especially in the telecom sector.

Both courses will require professional development courses yearly because it keeps advancing and you must take professional Qualification to keep up with your contemporaries globally.

I hope this helps. Other readers can add more to the little I have explained. Good luck.

Thanks
Re: Computer Engineering Vs Computer Science by vakinola1(m): 4:48pm On Nov 12, 2016
SirWere:

No bro, you're wrong.

Computer engineers deal with hardware ONLY.

The software aspect is left to programmers; who are computer scientists
not quite bro I've gat friends studying computer engineering and they do programming ... a lot of .... but not up to the once studying the science .... you've gat to know your software to make the hardware
Re: Computer Engineering Vs Computer Science by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 12, 2016
vakinola1:

not quite bro I've gat friends studying computer engineering and they do programming ... a lot of .... but not up to the once studying the science .... you've gat to know your software to make the hardware
Well, I guess you're right.
They also learn programming languages like C and C+

my bad.

1 Like

Re: Computer Engineering Vs Computer Science by Diva122(f): 5:26pm On Nov 12, 2016
Computer Engineering pay higher than computer science

Education
Computer Engineering as a course are professional courses while computer science are semi-professional courses................

Job experience
Computer Engineers are paid higher than computer science

1 Like

Re: Computer Engineering Vs Computer Science by vakinola1(m): 5:35pm On Nov 12, 2016
well I would also like to say don't do it for the money .. . instead do it for passion. if you love maths and applications if physics ,...... engineering .. and if you can set apart an hour a day for maths ... you're good for science ... but seriously engineering is fun if you've gat the right motives and friends. but first of all God...

..... ..

1 Like

Re: Computer Engineering Vs Computer Science by Cyberfavour(m): 8:00pm On Nov 12, 2016
A quick survey would be better

Click like for computer engineering

Click share for computer science

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Help Me With A Very Good Nickname? / Orphan 4rm Enugu Bags 1st Class In Unizik & Distinction In Msc & PhD In Canada(p / 2016/2017 Postgraduate Unilag MILR Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.