Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,953 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 (3368 Views)

2017 Microsoft Graduate Internship Recruitment (interns4afrika Program) / Customer Support Intern Interview / Interview For Microsoft Graduate Internship 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 12, 2016
*Apply as quickly as you can. The deadline is just in two days time. There are intricacies in the application phase, please ask me.

Microsoft is the worldwide leader in software, services, devices and solutions, founded in 1975. As a leader in platform and productivity for the mobile-first, cloud-first world, we believe in what people make possible. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.

We seek applications from qualified candidate for the position below:

Job Title: IT Technical Support Internship Program

Contract type: Temporary
Job type: Full Time

Job Summary

World-Class Skills is about Microsoft’s plans to develop a self-sustaining, world-class education platform, both online and offline, to help Africans develop skills for entrepreneurship and improved employability and competitiveness. Microsoft, in partnership with the host organization, offer you a unique opportunity to kick start your career.
The internship program will provide you with a real-world work experience and new skills while working for a leading technology organization on the African continent.
A technical intern should have:
Problem Solving
LAN Knowledge
Help Desk Experience
Verbal Communication
Operating Systems
Phone Skills
Customer Service
Quality Focus
PC Proficiency
System Administration
Responsibilities
Provides answers to clients by identifying problems; researching answers; guiding client through corrective steps.
Improves client references by writing and maintaining documentation.
Participates in development of client training programs by identifying learning issues; recommending instructional language.
Accommodates client disabilities by recommending devices and techniques.
Avoids legal challenges by monitoring compliance with service agreements.
Improves system performance by identifying problems; recommending changes.
Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Job Requirements
Required education:
Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience:
One (1) month
Required skills:
Windows
Customer support, CRM systems
C, C# or C++
Phone support
Product knowledge
Verbal communication
Patience
Problem solving
IT support
Troubleshooting
Required languages:
English (Spoken: fluent / Written: fluent)
Job Start Date
Tuesday, 15th November, 2016.

Job End Date
Wednesday, 31st May, 2017.

Application Closing Date
14th November, 2016.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:

Click here (www.unodiscuss.com/forums/topic/microsoft-graduate-it-technical-support-internship-programme-2016/) to apply online

Note
If you have already applied and wanted to change some information, please send an update to: y4Afrika@microsoft.com We won’t accept any new application through e-mail.
Stipend will be offered by hosting partner per the country requirements.

Source: www.unodiscuss.com/forums/topic/microsoft-graduate-it-technical-support-internship-programme-2016/
Re: Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 by Hassy4(f): 2:15pm On Nov 14, 2016
Tnx, I equally applied for dt of Ghana, Kenya and Botswana. God bless you
Re: Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 14, 2016
Hassy4:
Tnx, I equally applied for dt of Ghana, Kenya and Botswana. God bless you
You are welcome dear. Seems you have dozens of visas.

1 Like

Re: Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 by Hassy4(f): 11:58am On Nov 15, 2016
Any latest
Re: Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 15, 2016
Hassy4:
Any latest

Yup. They sent a mail this morning that "the application has been closed, and the review of applocations have commenced". Something to that effect anyway.
Re: Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 by bzeey(m): 12:04pm On Nov 16, 2016
Johnzzy:

Yup. They sent a mail this morning that "the application has been closed, and the review of applocations have commenced". Something to that effect anyway.

What was your rating? Were you among the top 20 candidates?
Re: Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 16, 2016
bzeey:

What was your rating? Were you among the top 20 candidates?

No I wasn't, apparently. I think that is just a clickbait to make one subscribe for their "Fuzu Feedback" scheme.

They put a rather coy caveat underneath - "you have a moderate chance of being accepted into the programme....the employer is responsible for your acceptance" - something of that nature. Still hopeful though.
Re: Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 by bzeey(m): 7:49am On Nov 17, 2016
Johnzzy:

No I wasn't, apparently. I think that is just a clickbait to make one subscribe for their "Fuzu Feedback" scheme.

They put a rather coy caveat underneath - "you have a moderate chance of being accepted into the programme....the employer is responsible for your acceptance" - something of that nature. Still hopeful though.

Yeah.... same here bro. In case anything comes up, pls do come here to share. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 17, 2016
[quote author=bzeey post=51103505]

Yeah.... same here bro. In case anything comes up, pls do come here to share. God bless you[/qquote
Will do. smiley

1 Like

Re: Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 by oripenye: 8:33pm On Nov 18, 2016
Hello house. Did anyone got message of being shortlisted for the microsoft4Africa intern (marketing role)?
Re: Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 by Looben: 5:40pm On Nov 21, 2016
Hi, yet to get any message. When did you get your message?
Re: Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 by Looben: 5:41pm On Nov 21, 2016
oripenye:
Hello house. Did anyone got message of being shortlisted for the microsoft4Africa intern (marketing role)?
Hi, yet to get any message. When did you get your message?
Re: Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 by oripenye: 11:10pm On Nov 21, 2016
I got my message on Friday ((18th of November).I don't know if it is in batches but it might be.
Re: Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 by bzeey(m): 4:58am On Nov 22, 2016
oripenye:
I got my message on Friday ((18th of November).I don't know if it is in batches but it might be.

waowu....according to fuzu rating were you among d first 20, I just hope it's in batches ooo cos we haven't heard anything. Also, where you invited for a test, or an interview, or both? Congrats all the same!!!
Re: Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 by oripenye: 1:39am On Nov 23, 2016
I was not among the top 20 according to Fuzu. I think it's interview. But the date or time is not yet confirmed.
Re: Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 by oripenye: 1:43am On Nov 23, 2016
This is the picture of the mail sent to me.

Re: Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 by Nobody: 6:57am On Nov 24, 2016
Hi peeps who has heard from Microsoft since then? I got a call from them yesterday evening/night guess we were in different time zones, the lady who called was friendly though said something about hooking us up with a partner firm, that would conduct an interview, should one be successful at that stage, that work would resume next week.
P.S I applied for Marketing and wasn't in the top 20.
Re: Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 24, 2016
Please who applied for the I.T. Technical Support Intern? Let us know whether the recruitment is being done departmentally.
Re: Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 by MistaBabz: 8:37am On Nov 24, 2016
I applied for I.T Technical Support Internship and received a call yesterday in the evening regarding it. The lady said she'll forward my resume to their office in Lagos & I might be contacted subsequently for interview. I pray they contact me soon anyway

1 Like

Re: Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 24, 2016
MistaBabz:
I applied for I.T Technical Support Internship and received a call yesterday in the evening regarding it. The lady said she'll forward my resume to their office in Lagos & I might be contacted subsequently for interview. I pray they contact me soon anyway
Wow that's great. Wish you success bro.

1 Like

Re: Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 by adejone(m): 9:20am On Nov 24, 2016
Studied economics, I applied for the marketing role, no call or email yet. Anyone same line with me?
Re: Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 by Mrbllymer: 9:41am On Nov 24, 2016
Johnzzy:
Please who applied for the I.T. Technical Support Intern? Let us know whether the recruitment is being done departmentally.
haven't received a call yet.. Applied for the I. T too, how would you know if you're among the top 20
Re: Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 24, 2016
Mrbllymer:
haven't received a call yet.. Applied for the I. T too, how would you know if you're among the top 20
So far, at least on this thread, even those called were not up to the first 20. Lets keep our fingers crossed bro.

1 Like

Re: Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 24, 2016
I just got this mail. Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Re: Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 25, 2016
Any news guys?
Re: Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 25, 2016
i receieve a clall from this noba +27113618427 after recieving an email. But i missed the call. please wat can i do
Re: Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 25, 2016
That's Microsoft, call back faa
profsod:
i receieve a clall from this noba +27113618427 after recieving an email. But i missed the call. please wat can i do
Re: Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 25, 2016
called the noba, but was told to drop a message down and hang up.
Re: Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 by Nobody: 7:59am On Feb 23, 2017
Had the interview yesterday at Lagos. Hoping for the best.
Re: Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 by Hayfeez(m): 8:38am On Feb 28, 2017
OK. Got selected as a Software Developer Intern at Sidmach Technologies.

Resuming March 1

1 Like

Re: Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 by Nobody: 11:45am On Feb 28, 2017
Hayfeez:
OK. Got selected as a Software Developer Intern at Sidmach Technologies.

Resuming March 1
My partner in crime. Hope your desk is near mine though. Congrats to us. grin

1 Like

Re: Deadline in 48 hrs!Microsoft Graduate IT Technical Support Intern Programme 2016 by Hayfeez(m): 10:14pm On Feb 28, 2017
Johnzzy:

My partner in crime. Hope your desk is near mine though. Congrats to us. grin
grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Seeking Marital Breakthrough Wears Wedding Dress To Church Servic / Nigerian College Of Aviation Technology Aptitude Test Invitation / Customer Relations Officer Needed In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.