Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Software Repair Using Xperia Companion On PC - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Software Repair Using Xperia Companion On PC (883 Views)

Sony Xperia Z3 Needed Urgently! / Aquos R2 Compact: With Two Notches, Specifications / Sony Xperia Z3+ For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Software Repair Using Xperia Companion On PC by NaniOfficer: 4:55pm On Nov 12, 2016
please house
i had a problem with my Sony Xperia Z3 Compact, the touch is unresponsive, have heard many suggestions like change the screen but then decided to contact Sony Support and they suggested I carry out a software repair, I want to give it a try

read our mail so far

To: questions.ng@support.sonymobile.com
Subject: Henry - Sony Xperia Z3 Compact is faulty

Good day Sony Support
please help me
my sony xperia z3 compact touchscreen is unresponsive
when i turn it on, it boots well
i try swipe to unlock, it goes zigzag and i try and try
if eventually it asks for pin, only 4 5 and 6 will press, others never,
i hold the on/off button,
i can only click restart, power off will never press

please what is wrong with my z3 compact?
I will appreciate your advice.

I also want to know your repair location so I can choose which is closest.

Thanks

Their response[i][/i]

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting Sony Xperia support centre.

We apologize for any inconvenience. With regards to your inquiry about the touch screen issue of your Xperia Z3 Compact, we advise that you kindly perform a software repair.

To do this, you will need to install Xperia Companion from our official website, the application is available for both Mac and Windows based systems. You can download each from the following links:

Windows/PC - http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/xperia-companion/

Mac - http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/xperia-companion-mac/

Once installed, please follow the steps below, making sure that at the start of the process the device is turned off and disconnected from the computer:

1. Open Xperia Companion.

2. Click Software Update/Repair.

3. On screen some steps will now appear for you to follow. Please do not connect the handset until you are prompted to do so.

4. When you are asked to connect the handset (still with the phone powered off) please press and hold the key stated on screen for 30 seconds before connecting the handset and keep it held down as you connect.

5. The repair process should now begin.

Note: Do not disconnect the USB cable when updating your phone as it can damage the content being transferred.

Kindly note that it is preferred to back up all your data before updating your phone because some of the information in your phone might be lost during the update/ repair process.

If the screen of your smartphone or tablet has stopped working, there are a few solutions that you can try to still view the display and use the device as long as it is powered on. To be able to move or copy content, such as contacts or media files from your device to a computer, your device must be unlocked. So, if you use a screen lock on your device, you may be able to unlock the screen lock using one of the methods described below, and then connect your device to a computer to save the content. Depending on the extent of damage to the Xperia™ device, the solutions given to the scenarios described below might not work.

The screen doesn't react to touch, but you can view what's on it

You can navigate your device using a USB mouse. You need:
•a USB mouse
•a USB Host/USB OTG (On-the-Go) adapter cable

To navigate an Xperia™ device using a USB mouse

1.Attach the USB Host adapter cable to your Xperia™ device.
2.Connect the USB mouse to the USB Host adapter cable. The mouse pointer should appear in the display.
3.Navigate your device using the mouse.

To navigate an Xperia™ device using a USB mouse

1.If your Xperia™ device isn't turned off, turn it off by pressing and holding down the power key and the volume up key simultaneously until the device emits three vibrations.
2.When the Xperia™ device is off, attach the USB Host adapter cable to your Xperia™ device.
3.Connect the USB mouse to the USB Host adapter cable.
4.Turn on your Xperia™ device. When the device is on, the mouse pointer should appear in the display.
5.Navigate your device using the mouse.

(1) (Reply)

Nokia wants 2 produce 6-7 phones again / Phone Of 60 000 / Infinix Hot 4 Hotspot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.