Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Help Me Reject Failure And Stand Still In My Life. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help Me Reject Failure And Stand Still In My Life. (1213 Views)

Learn How To Reverse Failure And Transform It Into Success / Ways To Overcome Failure And Be A Success This Year / Fill Our Online Survey And Stand A Chance To Win N5,000 Jumia Vouchers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Reject Failure And Stand Still In My Life. by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 02, 2009
Hi Nairalanders,
I graduated in the year 2002 with B.sc Hons Maths & Stat. Since then, I have been longing to further my studies, ie, doing my Masters, but one thing or the other keeps stopping my ambition, most of the time finances. Now I am tired as I was told now that I failed my Unilag entrance examinations.
Pls what alternative professional certifications can I do which I can always use in place of a Masters degree or a P.hd. I have a certificate in CCNA.
Pls nairalanders, I need your kind advise as usual.
Re: Help Me Reject Failure And Stand Still In My Life. by posakosa(m): 1:12pm On Nov 02, 2009
Can u find a job ?
Re: Help Me Reject Failure And Stand Still In My Life. by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 02, 2009
Yes I can find a job, but with just a third class, I keep getting low priced ones.
Re: Help Me Reject Failure And Stand Still In My Life. by posakosa(m): 1:15pm On Nov 02, 2009
well manage the job u can find. what have u been doing since 2002 ?
Re: Help Me Reject Failure And Stand Still In My Life. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 02, 2009
I served in 2005 and I have been working and the same time trying to further my studies.
Re: Help Me Reject Failure And Stand Still In My Life. by posakosa(m): 1:24pm On Nov 02, 2009
if ure brilliant; apply for different scholarship programs. Can you afford to go to Ghana.
Re: Help Me Reject Failure And Stand Still In My Life. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 02, 2009
Yes I can go to Ghana or better still, Sweden or finland, I applied last year but not picked.
Re: Help Me Reject Failure And Stand Still In My Life. by posakosa(m): 1:39pm On Nov 02, 2009
go to Ghana--- its probably ur best option
Re: Help Me Reject Failure And Stand Still In My Life. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 02, 2009
I don't understand!
Can't I get some professional examinations here in Nigeria that will suffice the requirements of my prospective employers?
Re: Help Me Reject Failure And Stand Still In My Life. by posakosa(m): 2:48pm On Nov 02, 2009
well you can, it seems u know what to do. I think its better to do the Masters in Ghana and then go back in Nigeria to work.
Re: Help Me Reject Failure And Stand Still In My Life. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 02, 2009
My dear Posakosa,
Thanks so much for all your replies. Let me make some things clear to you as they say "a problem shared is a problem half solved"
I am married and expexting a baby, I also have a job but not too promising. What I need is a substitute for the Masters Degree, a computer certification that can be used in place of an MSC, as I'd like to keep my job, take care of my family and undergo the training on part time basis, so I can hunt for a better job when I am certified.
Re: Help Me Reject Failure And Stand Still In My Life. by posakosa(m): 5:01pm On Nov 02, 2009
wow---u have responsibilities man-----wish you well---- i don't know what to do to help you. I don't know if certificates can compete with a Master's degree.
Re: Help Me Reject Failure And Stand Still In My Life. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 02, 2009
Thanks Bro.

(1) (Reply)

Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria Latest Graduate Job Vacancies / The Cable Newspaper Interview With Jarus / Read This! Take Action!!! Achieve Greatness!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.