Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,660 members, 7,823,874 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! (3938 Views)

Black 2008 Toyota Camry (muscle) Stolen At FHA Lugbe Abuja / Registered Toyota Corolla 2010model Stolen At Gun Point In Abuja / Honda Crv Stolen At Midnight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by samtoye(m): 1:38pm On Nov 02, 2009
I helped a friend to get a flat in my area Ojodu, yesterday he called me that his car has just been snatched at gun point on his street. There were two bikes with four guys, the two bikes blocked him, pointed the gun at him and snatched the car. It is a dark green Honda Bulldog i can't remember the Reg. No now. It's so sad that you work hard to get the comfort of life and some b-st-rd would come and take it away. Please beware of some cars you are buying, they may be stolen cars, don't just buy a car when it is a good bargain, always ensure you do enough investigation to know the previous owner if possible. Lets be security proactive, any car parked and hooded in your area or compound and you suspect the owner cannot explain its history; please inform the police, if you think this is stupid I pray you would never be a victim and know how it feels.
Reasons
If you buy a stolen car, it would be stolen from you too. what goes round comes round, Law of Karma.
Avoid police wahala, if the robbers are caught you would be in big trouble too.
Be your brothers keeper, anyone can be a victim.
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by jaybee3(m): 1:45pm On Nov 02, 2009
samtoye:

If you buy a stolen car, it would be stolen from you too. what goes round comes round, Law of Karma.
Avoid police wahala, if the robbers are caught you would be in big trouble too.
Be your brothers keeper, anyone can be a victim.

sorry abt your friend's predicament but does the statement above imply that your friend bought a stolen car as well?
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by seggyoke(m): 2:04pm On Nov 02, 2009
I was just wondering too
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by kidsam: 3:33pm On Nov 02, 2009
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by samtoye(m): 3:58pm On Nov 02, 2009
jay bee:

sorry abt your friend's predicament but does the statement above imply that your friend bought a stolen car as well?

To reply your question i have a quote,

"Bad things would definitely happen to bad people" does this statement means Bad things don't happen to good people too? Thats the answer to your question. Nevertheless whatever a man sows, he shall reap.

Please do not qoute me out of context i.e. in isolation of the whole fact of the case, I said "If you buy a stolen car, it would be stolen from you" I did not say all stolen cars were previously stolen too.

I'm sad because i have been a victim too and i know how it feels, mine was moderate; my laptops,phones and documents at gun point. It is not our generation i'm afraid for but the generations to come,
Instead of trying to find a loophole in my statement think about the facts of the case. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed undecided
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by palmauto: 4:19pm On Nov 02, 2009
are you deleting my posts? if so, do you have a problem with vehicle tracking that you would not allow me to let people know about its usefulness?
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 02, 2009
palmauto:

are you deleting my posts? if so, do you have a problem with vehicle tracking that you would not allow me to let people know about its usefulness?

Your posts are not being deleted. The SPAM bot flagged a couple of them and those have been reported to the Admin for action.
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by connectnig: 4:35pm On Nov 02, 2009
I believe many of us have heard about it and still think its totally useless or maybe just one of those things!!! The car that will be stolen do not give a special kind of warning, The era of "GOD FORBID" my car can never be stolen is no more as many of our young graduates are unemployed and they go to any length to make ends meet.

The simple and most effective solution is Vehicle Tracking. Call Kay on 08034804197 for the best bargain. We all want to park our cars and walk into any departmental store or sleep at home having absolute confidence that our precious car is safe outside.

I heard "Prevention Is Still The Best Medicine" the last time I bothered checking.
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by Fhemmmy: 4:38pm On Nov 02, 2009
People were just asking u the question based on your statement.
I am sure people like u are the ones that wanna buy a factory fitted AC ride with leather and all other options for the fraction of the price the car is being sold, and now you wanna advice people to be careful of cheap prices? Interesting, i am sorry this happened to you friend, however, this kinda thing will continue to happen, till people question "too good to be true" kinda prices for cars.
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by palmauto: 4:46pm On Nov 02, 2009
to save yourself the hassle of car being stolen and never recovered why don't you install a good security for your vehicle recovery, GPS.Vehicle.tracking,
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by hbrednic: 4:56pm On Nov 02, 2009
the car may have been butchered into piece meals and packaged as second hands parts for sale at owode.
always get a comprehensive insurance for your car.
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by samtoye(m): 5:05pm On Nov 02, 2009
Fhemmmy:

People were just asking u the question based on your statement.
I am sure people like u are the ones that wanna buy a factory fitted AC ride with leather and all other options for the fraction of the price the car is being sold, and now you wanna advice people to be careful of cheap prices? Interesting, i am sorry this happened to you friend, however, this kinda thing will continue to happen, till people question "too good to be true" kinda prices for cars.

See, i'm not saying getting a good bargain on vehicle sales is a crime but when you buy a car and the whole scenerio seems suspicious, do not just ignore it and say i'm lucky, report the case. Crime fighting is a joint responsibilty, if the police won't help us why don't we help ourselves. if you have a friend with doubtful character; report him, if you don't you might be his victim oneday.
The incidents of stolen vehicle is now on the rise, December is around the corner. Please be careful, do not maintain a regular routine i.e. going to work and coming back at a predictable time. When driving be vigilant of trailing bikes or cars, roll up your glass in hold ups (whether you have A/C or not). The funny thing about us Nigerians is that we never learn from others experience. An advice for the criminals; one thing i'm sure of, you can't create unrest for others to buy peace for yourself! Everyday for the thief, one day for the owner!!!
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by palmauto: 5:10pm On Nov 02, 2009
hbrednic:

the car may have been butchered into piece meals and packaged as second hands parts for sale at owode.
always get a comprehensive insurance for your car.

yes comprehensive insurance and or with GPS.Vehicle>tracking.  call:08098349950folarin
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by Fhemmmy: 5:20pm On Nov 02, 2009
samtoye:

See, i'm not saying getting a good bargain on vehicle sales is a crime but when you buy a car and the whole scenerio seems suspicious, do not just ignore it and say i'm lucky, report the case. Crime fighting is a joint responsibilty, if the police won't help us why don't we help ourselves. if you have a friend with doubtful character; report him, if you don't you might be his victim oneday.
The incidents of stolen vehicle is now on the rise, December is around the corner. Please be careful, do not maintain a regular routine i.e. going to work and coming back at a predictable time. When driving be vigilant of trailing bikes or cars, roll up your glass in hold ups (whether you have A/C or not). The funny thing about us Nigerians is that we never learn from others experience. An advice for the criminals; one thing i'm sure of, you can't create unrest for others to buy peace for yourself! Everyday for the thief, one day for the owner!!!

I feel u, but there are some demands that are just ridiculous.
Imagine someone wanting a 2007 Honda accord for 1.7M . . . how on earth would that be possible?
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by kablooee: 7:34pm On Nov 02, 2009
palmauto:

to save yourself the hassle of car being stolen and never recovered why don't you install a good security for your vehicle recovery, GPS.Vehicle.tracking,
That's it. The best solution.
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by Hercules75(m): 8:48am On Nov 03, 2009
Getting a tracking equipment on your car is like putting all ur investment on a trach, I stongly believe in other security gadget, like PUTTING your trust in 'OGUN', the god of iron , that will not take bribe. He will srike wen and where due.
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 03, 2009
all this noise about vehicle tracking is just noise.

oya, who will help you recover the car?

insure your car. end of story.

anyone who spends over 700k on a car and does not insure it is playing with fire.
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 03, 2009
http://74.55.133.250/

Just report it.

Let the police help you track that vehicle.
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by palmauto: 10:24am On Nov 03, 2009
oyb:

all this noise about vehicle tracking is just noise.

oya, who will help you recover the car?

insure your car. end of story.

anyone who spends over 700k on a car and does not insure it is playing with fire.

experience they say is the best teacher, but i doubt if you are speaking out of your experience with tracking.
The recovery of your car is done with little or no hassle. maybe you should try and install on your car for a trial
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by Nezan(m): 10:31am On Nov 03, 2009
@Poster; If I were a policeman, you will be the first suspect . . . reason? you were the one that lured him to that area!
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by r231(m): 10:40am On Nov 03, 2009
Nezan:

@Poster; If I were a policeman, you will be the first suspect . . . reason? you were the one that lured him to that area!

haha
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by OyinlolaO(f): 10:41am On Nov 03, 2009
well my dads ( bought brand new a yr ago) was stolen about 2 months ago in Ogun state (Abeokuta). he was coming from church on sunday & a car parked in front of them,  4 guys came out surrounded the car they were all holding guns, the main guy went to my dads side of the window and pulled out his AK47 so my dad opened. they threw them (dad & driver) in a bush in the outskirts that took 45min to walk out off. they took everything from shoes my dads schneider pens.

to cut the long story short, the car tracking didnt work for about 2 weeks and when it did it was found in Burkina Faso it has passed through many hands, the car number has been changed & everything to make it look different. the saving grace is that the numbers on the side mirrors are the one on my dads papers. the case is still in court over there as my dads peeps keep going bakc for all the proceedings. the issues are
- insurance cant pay you anything till the are sure the car is really not retrieveable and believe me that takes 4eva.
- GPS/ tracking device might lead u to a place u cant even afford to go
- if it has been sold u gonna burn cash on retrieving the vehicle via court cases & legal bills.
- the time while u remain carless and inconvenienced if u dont have any other car.
-if you ever get the car back or will it be a total loss.

The best thing is not to experience it because our security in Nigeria is bad even if it is in ur neighborhood people are not vigilant and we are not really our brothers keeper enough to keep an eye for stolen things announced on TV or the radio.
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 03, 2009
OyinlolaO:

well my dads ( bought brand new a yr ago) was stolen about 2 months ago in Ogun state (Abeokuta). he was coming from church on sunday & a car parked in front of them,  4 guys came out surrounded the car they were all holding guns, the main guy went to my dads side of the window and pulled out his AK47 so my dad opened. they threw them (dad & driver) in a bush in the outskirts that took 45min to walk out off. they took everything from shoes my dads schneider pens.

to cut the long story short, the car tracking didnt work for about 2 weeks and when it did it was found in Burkina Faso it has passed through many hands, the car number has been changed & everything to make it look different. the saving grace is that the numbers on the side mirrors are the one on my dads papers. the case is still in court over there as my dads peeps keep going bakc for all the proceedings. the issues are
- insurance cant pay you anything till the are sure the car is really not retrieveable and believe me that takes 4eva.
- if it has been sold u gonna burn cash on retrieving the vehicle via court cases & legal bills.
- the time while u remain carless and inconvenienced if u dont have any other car.

The best thing is not to experience it because our security in Nigeria is bad even if it is in your neighborhood people are not vigilant and we are not really our brothers keeper enough to keep an eye for stolen things announced on TV or the radio.

don't mind all these dubious marketers of tracking devices

when your car is stolen they will begin to blow grammer

palmauto:

experience they say is the best teacher, but i doubt if you are speaking out of your experience with tracking.
The recovery of your car is done with little or no hassle. maybe you should try and install on your car for a trial

please stop trying to decieve us because you want to up your sales quota.

all your device will do - assuming there is nepa, and internet etc when it is required is point to the location of the car.
you people are not a repossession outfit
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by r231(m): 10:54am On Nov 03, 2009
oyb:

don't mind all these dubious marketers of tracking devices

when your car is stolen they will begin to blow grammer

was jus about to say d same thing jus put your faith in God not to experience such.
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by palmauto: 11:08am On Nov 03, 2009
OyinlolaO:

The best thing is not to experience it because our security in Nigeria is bad even if it is in your neighborhood people are not vigilant and we are not really our brothers keeper enough to keep an eye for stolen things announced on TV or the radio.

I heard about this experience, its reaaly a pity. However, would you say vehicle tracking is totally pointless?
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 03, 2009
^^^^

is that the best you can do? angry angry angry angry

so if i too were to fork over who knows how much to your employers, you would tell me its really a pity angry angry angry angry

based on the oyinlola's post vehicle tracking in nigeria is useless as far as recovering stolen vehicles is concerned

did you read what he wrote it took them two weeks

buncha incompetents

does the word 'real time' mean anything to you?
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by palmauto: 11:35am On Nov 03, 2009
oyb:

^^^^

is that the best you can do? angry angry angry angry

so if i too were to fork over who knows how much to your employers, you would tell me its really a pity angry angry angry angry

based on the oyinlola's post vehicle tracking in nigeria is useless as far as recovering stolen vehicles is concerned

did you read what he wrote it took them two weeks

buncha incompetents

does the word 'real time' mean anything to you?
in as much as it might be understandable to have so much rage when you car goes missing, i believe a little of maturity should come into play. most especially if its not your car thats in question here.

What i realise is that people like you expect everything to happen as if it were magic. All you need to do is to be reasonable enough to understand that everything has its own limitation. Even insurance companies will give you hassles when it comes to cliams

we cant promise you heaven on earth but you can get an egde over others without trackers installed.
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 03, 2009

What i realise is that people like you expect everything to happen as if it were magic. All you need to do is to be reasonable enough to understand that everything has its own limitation. Even insurance companies will give you hassles when it comes to cliams

lovely when you contradict yourself

let me spell it out for you.

you are coming here and more or less asserting that if we pay for your vehicle tracking service, we will more or less recover our car sharp sharp. upon questioning, you start fudging, erhm its not that easy.

so why should i spend my hard earned money on a service that cannot live up to its marketer's hype?

is that what you tell all disappointed customers - o dear, its a pity that you paid us over 100,000 for this vehicle tracking and it happens to be offline just now. call us back in two hours time
Re: My Friends Car Was Stolen At Gun Point! by palmauto: 12:10pm On Nov 03, 2009
oyb:

is that what you tell all disappointed customers - o dear, its a pity that you paid us over 100,000 for this vehicle tracking and it happens to be offline just now. call us back in two hours time

where did you get your over 100k from? if you paid that much well, its a pity once more!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fantastic Toyota Corolla Manual Transmission 2008 For Sale. / 2007 Tokunbo RX350 Lexus / 2005 Madza6 sport Used. 700k Sold Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.