Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism (1697 Views)

Exposing the ignorance of atheism through simple class five poem / Introducing Implicit Theism : So You Think We Were Born As Atheists ? / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism by Kalatium(m): 10:46pm On Nov 12, 2016
An atheist is someone who doesn't believe in God or a god or anything supernatural.
Lately there is a new form of Atheism called Anti-theism which is a believe that God does not exist and if he exist, he is too wicked to be God of this world. Anti-theist try to persuade religious people into giving up their faith, claiming science is the answer.
Re: Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism by DoctorAlien(m): 10:59pm On Nov 12, 2016
"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Rom. 8:35-39

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism by Kalatium(m): 11:04pm On Nov 15, 2016
In my opinion Richard Dawkins is kind of Anti-theist

2 Likes

Re: Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism by HCpaul(m): 11:30pm On Nov 15, 2016
sigh...

1 Like

Re: Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism by Kalatium(m): 12:02am On Nov 16, 2016
HCpaul:
sigh...
Why?
Re: Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism by CoolUsername: 1:26am On Nov 16, 2016
DoctorAlien:
"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Rom. 8:35-39

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism by Kalatium(m): 12:24pm On Nov 16, 2016
I was surprised when an Anti-theist says he hate God if he exist.
Re: Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 16, 2016
Kalatium:
In my opinion Richard Dawkins is kind of Anti-theist
You're right about this, I agree with you here. Though I'm a deist, I feel like Richard Dawkins' atheist school of thought is the anti-theist one. He's just not a radical one. When I was opportuned to talk to Darrin Raspberry, the author of a piece that winner01 posted here about his return to theism, he said after a while he became fed up with the atheist movement of the 80s/90s because they were more like anti-theists.
If atheism is where you research and logical thinking has led you, it's great as no one can claim to know it all and we're all searching for the truth. I'm also for continuously questioning religious beliefs of those around you if religion has a negative impact on you/your society. But when it turns to anti-theism then I have a problem because you become no different from the religious people you're against. So as not to cause confusion, let me site an example of anti-theism to my understanding.

I saw this post on Instagram where a girl's mother died, and the caption under the picture was 'May god keep your soul'. Granted, you don't believe in god. But I don't think its fair to go out of your way and leave a nasty comment such as 'god doesn't exist. . .your mother's dead stop deceiving yourself. god couldn't save your mother from dying so what help does he want give now?'
I feel that was totally unnecessary, that's what I classify as anti-theism

3 Likes

Re: Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism by Kalatium(m): 2:59pm On Nov 16, 2016
AnonyNymous:

You're right about this, I agree with you here. Though I'm a deist, I feel like Richard Dawkins' atheist school of thought is the anti-theist one. He's just not a radical one. When I was opportuned to talk to Darrin Raspberry, the author of a piece that winner01 posted here about his return to theism, he said after a while he became fed up with the atheist movement of the 80s/90s because they were more like anti-theists.
If atheism is where you research and logical thinking has led you, it's great as no one can claim to know it all and we're all searching for the truth. I'm also for continuously questioning religious beliefs of those around you if religion has a negative impact on you/your society. But when it turns to anti-theism then I have a problem because you become no different from the religious people you're against. So as not to cause confusion, let me site an example of anti-theism to my understanding.

I saw this post on Instagram where a girl's mother died, and the caption under the picture was 'May god keep your soul'. Granted, you don't believe in god. But I don't think its fair to go out of your way and leave a nasty comment such as 'god doesn't exist. . .your mother's dead stop deceiving yourself. god couldn't save your mother from dying so what help does he want give now?'
I feel that was totally unnecessary, that's what I classify as anti-theism
Yes Bro this is what am talking about. Most theist become Anti-theist because God did not save one of their family member

1 Like

Re: Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism by peacesamuel94(m): 3:20pm On Nov 16, 2016
I think, it's more like Anti-Christianity.
Re: Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism by Niflheim(m): 3:51pm On Nov 16, 2016
@OP,

Anti-theism a new movement?

How long have christians been persecuting atheists? How long have they tried to impose their wickedness on the masses(Do not go to hospital if you are sick)!!!

So you do not know that anti-theism was created thanks to people who were fighting religious oppression?

2 Likes

Re: Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism by jonbellion(m): 4:48pm On Nov 16, 2016
peacesamuel94:
lol trust me it's not
Re: Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism by Kalatium(m): 4:57pm On Nov 16, 2016
Niflheim:
@OP,

Anti-theism a new movement?

How long have christians been persecuting atheists? How long have they tried to impose their wickedness on the masses(Do not go to hospital if you are sick)!!!

So you do not know that anti-theism was created thanks to people who were fighting religious oppression?
What you're saying is true. But why will someone say he hates God, how can he hate someone he claims doesn't exist?
Re: Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism by jonbellion(m): 4:57pm On Nov 16, 2016
peacesamuel94:
lol on the other hand christians tend to show bigotry towards people that don't share their beliefs. I personally have not called a christian "stupid" bcus of thier faith.on the other hand you saw christians calling atheists or agnostics "fools" and "agents of the devil" or "we worship science and Charles Darwin" they are thier happiest when they threaten people with thier imaginary hellfire You do realise that of all the religions in the world Christianity and Islam are the most intolerant in the sense that they always want to impose thier beliefs on others.
They want creationism taught in schools
They don't want gays to have rights
They are against abortion( even if it is to save a life)
The catholic church preached against the use of condoms
They basically want everything thier way
And when there are people fighting back you say they are anti- Christianity or anti- Islam
Lol no. Though I have anything against people going to church or anything the problem I have is when you want your religpud beliefs to mould our constitution. You have to learn that not everybody is a christian. And also debating is fun

3 Likes

Re: Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism by peacesamuel94(m): 5:38pm On Nov 16, 2016
jonbellion:
lol on the other hand christians tend to show bigotry towards people that don't share their beliefs. I personally have not called a christian "stupid" bcus of thier faith.on the other hand you saw christians calling atheists or agnostics "fools" and "agents of the devil" or "we worship science and Charles Darwin" they are thier happiest when they threaten people with thier imaginary hellfire You do realise that of all the religions in the world Christianity and Islam are the most intolerant in the sense that they always want to impose thier beliefs on others.
They want creationism taught in schools
They don't want gays to have rights
They are against abortion( even if it is to save a life)
The catholic church preached against the use of condoms
They basically want everything thier way
And when there are people fighting back you say they are anti- Christianity or anti- Islam
Lol no. Though I have anything against people going to church or anything the problem I have is when you want your religpud beliefs to mould our con
stitution. You have to learn that not everybody is a christian. And also debating is fun

Most atheists I've happened to come across also view religious people as intellectually incapacitated people. So whats Your Point.

Christianity is the farthest thing from intolerance.
Re: Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism by Kalatium(m): 5:43pm On Nov 16, 2016
peacesamuel94:

Most atheists I've happened to come across also view religious people as intellectually incapacitated people. So whats Your Point.

Tell him o
Re: Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism by jonbellion(m): 6:02pm On Nov 16, 2016
I
peacesamuel94:

I apologize on their behalf. Though atimes the way some thiests act it might not be far from the truth.......... But that's why I said some

2 Likes

Re: Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism by Kalatium(m): 6:09pm On Nov 16, 2016
jonbellion:
II apologize on their behalf. Though atimes the way some thiests act it might not be far from the truth.......... But that's why I said some
There need to be serious reconciliation btw theist and atheist
Re: Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism by Niflheim(m): 8:51pm On Nov 16, 2016
@OP, you claim that atheists hate god who does not exist?
@OP, do christians hate Harry Potter? Does Harry Potter exist?
Re: Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism by Kalatium(m): 8:53pm On Nov 16, 2016
Niflheim:

Why comparing Harry Potter with God
Re: Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism by EyeHateGod: 12:02am On Nov 23, 2016
Niflheim:

Harry Potter doesn't affect peoples life In A Negative way...
Re: Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism by UyiIredi(m): 1:57am On Nov 23, 2016
Actually anti-theists work to eradicate religion because they believe it causes harm.
Re: Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism by Kalatium(m): 11:56am On Nov 23, 2016
Niflheim:

Some Christians hate Harry Potter not all. Besides I have watched all Harry Potter series. So whats Your Point?
Re: Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism by Kalatium(m): 11:57am On Nov 23, 2016
UyiIredi:
Actually anti-theists work to eradicate religion because they believe it causes harm.
Anti-theism is a wrong form of Atheism
Re: Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism by otemanuduno: 4:13pm On Nov 23, 2016
Kalatium:
I was surprised when an Anti-theist says he hate God if he exist.
Such person must have seen God Almighty through the perspective of the Christians whose god is Yahweh. I don't think any Hinduist or any worshipper of the REAL OLORUN would ever see GOD ALMIGHTY in that manner.

I don't blame such person anyway. He's actually hating the wrong person(GOD ALMIGHTY) not knowing that Yahweh(Satan) is the one to be hated. May the LIGHT OF GOD ALMIGHTY QUICKLY REVEAL THE FULL TRUTH TO US ALL, AMEN!!!
Re: Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism by Kalatium(m): 4:17pm On Nov 23, 2016
otemanuduno:
Such person must have seen God Almighty through the perspective of the Christians whose god is Yahweh. I don't think any Hinduist or any worshipper of the REAL OLORUN would ever see GOD ALMIGHTY in that manner.

I don't blame such person anyway. He's actually hating the wrong person(GOD ALMIGHTY) not knowing that Yahweh(Satan) is the one to be hated. May the LIGHT OF GOD ALMIGHTY QUICKLY REVEAL THE FULL TRUTH TO US ALL, AMEN!!!
The thing is that how can an atheist hate someone he claims doesn't exist.
Re: Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism by otemanuduno: 7:49pm On Nov 23, 2016
Kalatium:

The thing is that how can an atheist hate someone he claims doesn't exist.
It's very much justifiable to hate characters which doesn't exist. For example, the character of Lord Voldermort in the Harry Potter storybook is hated by many, yet Voldemort isn't real.

Mind you, I'm not saying that Yahweh isn't real. But I'm only letting you know that an atheist could decide to hate his character as it appear in the tale book(called Bible).

1 Like

Re: Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism by Wilgrea7(m): 8:02pm On Nov 23, 2016
otemanuduno:
It's very much justifiable to hate characters which doesn't exist. For example, the character of Lord Voldermort in the Harry Potter storybook is hated by many, yet Voldemort isn't real.

Mind you, I'm not saying that Yahweh isn't real. But I'm only letting you know that an atheist could decide to hate his character as it appear in the tale book(called Bible).

not only is it justifiable, its also insanity..

its just like saying i hate spiderman... and i express constant rage towards him at all times on public forums... I'd look like an idiot if i did that....

so also the atheists
Re: Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism by otemanuduno: 8:23pm On Nov 23, 2016
Wilgrea7:

not only is it justifiable, its also insanity..

its just like saying i hate spiderman... and i express constant rage towards him at all times on public forums... I'd look like an idiot if i did that....

so also the atheists
No you won't look like an idiot if others are ignorantly claiming that Spiderman is real when he is not. You would try all your best to convince the people that Spiderman is not real. BTW, don't use Spiderman as an example because as much as I know of Spiderman character, it is far far holier than satan(yahweh).Maybe you should look for another character in a film who is a villain.
Re: Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism by Kalatium(m): 8:28pm On Nov 23, 2016
otemanuduno:

No you won't look like an idiot if others are ignorantly claiming that Spiderman is real when he is not. You would try all your best to convince the people that Spiderman is not real. BTW, don't use Spiderman as an example because as much as I know of Spiderman character, it is far far holier than satan(yahweh).Maybe you should look for another character in a film who is a villain.
Are you saying Yahweh is Satan
Re: Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism by otemanuduno: 8:32pm On Nov 23, 2016
Kalatium:

Are you saying Yahweh is Satan
Since when has this been revealed? Are you new here? Yahweh is definitely Satan, the god of Yacob(the deceiver).
Re: Anti-theism A New Form Of Atheism by Kalatium(m): 8:50pm On Nov 23, 2016
otemanuduno:
Since when has this been revealed? Are you new here? Yahweh is definitely Satan, the god of Yacob(the deceiver).
Where are the evidence , because I disagree with what you said

(1) (2) (Reply)

Modern Scientific Discoveries Verify The Scriptures / MMM And 666 / Incubus And Succubus Sex Demons - Deliverance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.