Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,043 members, 7,845,407 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

My Opinion: The Positive Side Of Tekno's Next Rated Nomination - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / My Opinion: The Positive Side Of Tekno's Next Rated Nomination (800 Views)

Photos Of Tekno Surrounded By 10 Women / Throwback Photo Of Tekno / Tekno Reacts To His Next Rated Nomination At The Headies 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Opinion: The Positive Side Of Tekno's Next Rated Nomination by Slika: 1:52am On Nov 13, 2016

I've been laughing out my stomach after I read a post on pulse.ng titled "Dear Tekno, You are still an upcoming artiste, accept the Headies Next Rated award". The editorial written by Joey Akan described Tekno as arrogant and disrespectful. Well I decided to write a little something about this. It's pretty brief so please read to the end and tell us your opinion.

Tekno has been in the game for some years now. He had his major breakthrough in professional music when he released "Holiday" with Davido in 2013. That same year he released "Onye Ne Kwu" which was a cover of the IcePrince hit "Oleku". On October 5, 2014, he signed a music contract with Made Men Music Group under which he released singles like "Dance" and "Anything" which won him a nomination in the "Best New act of the Year" category at the 2014 Nigeria Entertainment Awards. Tekno also released the hit "Shoki" in that year.

On June 18, 2015, Tekno Miles released a song titled "Duro". I don't need to say much about the track because am sure we all can recall the kind of impact it created in the Nigerian music scene. The single was played massively in clubs, weddings, even on the street and was loved by male and female alike. It topped several charts in Nigeria and on the international scene, it peaked at #5 on Capital XTRA's "Afrobeats Chart: Top 10" for September 2015. In that same year, Tekno still dropped another hit titled "Wash". In 2016, Tekno has also dropped three tracks - Where, Pana and Diana - of which two are hits already.

Why am I running you through all these details? I just want to clear the air on Tekno being an upcoming artist. This guy is a hitmaker irrespective of the fact that he has no albums yet and we all know that in Nigeria we judge popular artists based on their hits.

When Tekno did not get nominated last year for the Headies Next Rated Act, I saw this coming, I could sense trouble because I knew he would definitely get nominated this year. As an artist with over Five Hit Tracks, he is definitely more rated than Reeky who won the next rated award for last year but has not even got a reasonable number of hits yet. Besides, as at the time Reeky got nominated for the next rated act award, he hadn't even released an album yet and barely even had hits.

Any human with feelings would react the way Tekno reacted. Yes, I am justifying him for his action. Tekno was even humble enough to delete the post from his Instagram page a few hours after it was published. Cut the guy some slacks, he didn't say anything against the Headies award, he simply said something in his defence and to boost his celeb morale.

The Positive Side

It goes without saying that Tekno is already the winner in that category. You can see the full list here. Others in this category include: Ycee, Mr Eazi, Humblesmith and Aramide. All these artists are quite popular and sensational but none of them is as promising as Tekno.

Call him stereotyped, upcoming, arrogant, disrespectful, it really doesn't matter. Tekno is 23 and he's getting it. He makes us dance and creates awesome tracks. All that's left now is to await the Headies award night and see if our predictions come true.

Your comments and opinions will be appreciated smiley

Appeared first on: https://www.slika.ng/entertainment/sn-review-positive-side-teknos-next-rated-nomination.html

1 Like

Re: My Opinion: The Positive Side Of Tekno's Next Rated Nomination by IAMMUIC: 2:17am On Nov 13, 2016
You've spoken well bro
Re: My Opinion: The Positive Side Of Tekno's Next Rated Nomination by jimohibrahim(m): 4:36am On Nov 13, 2016
Tekno should reject it joor
Re: My Opinion: The Positive Side Of Tekno's Next Rated Nomination by Slika: 4:53pm On Nov 13, 2016
jimohibrahim:
Tekno should reject it joor
Did you even read the article above??
Re: My Opinion: The Positive Side Of Tekno's Next Rated Nomination by jimohibrahim(m): 8:46pm On Nov 13, 2016
Slika:

Did you even read the article above??
Yes but I know he's not suppose to be in the freaking category
Re: My Opinion: The Positive Side Of Tekno's Next Rated Nomination by Ryocaj(m): 9:27pm On Nov 13, 2016
I think Mr Eazi shuld win it..

(1) (Reply)

OAP Toolz Celebrates Her Husband Tunde Demuren Birthday / Happy Birthday To Project Fame Season 9 Winner: Okiemute Ighorodje / Who Should Win The Headies 2016 Next Rated Award? (comment Your Chosen)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.