Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Religion, A Shackle On Nigerian Citizens. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion, A Shackle On Nigerian Citizens. (627 Views)

Is Religion A Scam? / "Buhari's 2-Day Visit To Lagos A Slap On Nigerian Christians" - Catholic Bishop / Genocide In The Name Of Religion- A Reminder Of How Evil & Dangerous Religion Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion, A Shackle On Nigerian Citizens. by Sotenna(m): 6:23am On Nov 13, 2016
Ques. What's Holding Back The Nigerian Children?!

Ans. Third Party Religion!

I'm going to tell you this, when going to church or mosque please don't just go there with your Bible or Quran alone, please take your senses along too.

The reason why we are shackled today is because we believe a lot of things hook, line and sinker, once we're told it's coming from the good book. You see the Bible and the Quran has immense power, so they can do a lot of good or a lot of damage.

Some people have found this out, and have taken it upon themselves to dictate to you what your life should be like, what your perception of things around you should be, and what your relationship with others should be like.

If we all could take whatever we are told by these people with a pinch of salt, and therefore study these books too to verify what we are being told, a lot will be different today.

As at 1997, I knew a few of my age mates who were forbidden by their parents to watch TV, back then when I asked them, they told me it was a sin, that God hates it. When I asked who told them that, they told me it was their parents, who in turn received these doctrines from their pastors. Fast forward to 2005-2012, these kids are in school some studying computer science, some are in other fields of study and are using computers and smartphones to do their research. Please if a TV is a vice, what then shall we call a computer which does the function of TV and more?

In fact I can't fail to notice that today the parents of those kids, now adults get upset when their TVs, smartphones, and computers develop faults. Members of this particular church now watch what they call televised gospel messages right inside their churches. Who are they watching on the telly? The man who told them two decades ago that TV is equal to hell fire. You know maybe, just maybe the rumour I have heard about God striking off one of the 11 commandments he gave us that brought the number down to 10, may have been "Thou shall not watch the telly", right?

Some were told never to step a foot in the hospital, that the church and the man of God is all they need to get healed. Your kid gets sick, you send him to the church to be prayed for, but the pastor's kid gets sick and he sends him to the hospital with the money you contributed while he prays for his child's recovery at home. Have you seen the pastor's kid sick and in church before?

So, please use your head when you're being fed some things in church, or at the mosque where some old folks capitalize on the sexual urges of some myopic, pap-for-brain young men to make them believe that if they murder a certain number of their fellow humans whom their imams have branded infidels they'll be rewarded with 72 virgins in Valhalla.

Isn't it stupidity that you'd gather a certain amount of money you have, cross all the poor hungry folks around your neighbourhood who earnestly need your help just to dump the money in the tithe box in the Church. Next time you make the run look at the face of the people at the altar, you'll see how greedily they're looking at that box. You'll be very stupid to think that any of them is going into God's account number. I know some of you think God has an account with Zenith bank.

So, if we can look beyond what we see, and listen beyond what's being played we might just be lucky enough to break free from their chains.

This is Third Party religion, you ain't worshipping God, you're worshipping men, and you're wasting your limited time.

2 Likes

Re: Religion, A Shackle On Nigerian Citizens. by chukxie(m): 7:03am On Nov 13, 2016
You're right in a lot of ways about religion being the bane of Africans. Look around the world and you'd be amazed to find that the poorest and least developed countries are the most religious ones. There's absolutely nothing wrong with going to a church, mosque or temple. What is wrong is sheepishly believing every word preached in such places of worship. It is God's desire that His children prosper and be in health. Isnt it? Why aren't Sub-Saharan countries and other places in the world littered with poor people enjoying the wishes of God for His children? It is because in these places, people have replaced hard work, economic planning and other positive developmental indices with prayer and fasting. Have you ever wondered why China, a-not-so-religious country is developing the way it's doing?
Re: Religion, A Shackle On Nigerian Citizens. by Sotenna(m): 7:15am On Nov 13, 2016
chukxie:
You're right in a lot of ways about religion being the bane of Africans. Look the world and you'd be amazed to find that the poorest and least developed countries are the most religious ones. There's absolutely nothing wrong with going to a church, mosque or temple. What is wrong is sheepishly believing every word preached in such places of worship. It is God's desire that His children prosper and be in health. Isnt it? Why aren't Sub-Saharan countries and other places in the world littered with poor people enjoying the wishes of God for His children? It is because in these places, people have replaced hard work, economic planning and other pisitive developmental indices with prayer and fasting. Have you ever wondered why China, a-not-so-religious country is developing the way it's doing?

God, has given us a lot of power, knowledge and opportunities to show off what he has put in us. People in China as you mentioned, and some other positive minded regions have understood what needs to be done and have started doing it, when you ask them what they need more of they simply tell you they need more time in this life so as to achieve more.

But here, we just get a rope and bundle up and entangle ourselves in self pity and ignorance, allowing people to do our own thinking and live our own lives for us.
Re: Religion, A Shackle On Nigerian Citizens. by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 13, 2016
Op you are right. I agree with everything you said.

But you don't have to use your alternate moniker to quote and reply yourself. I understand the need to keep your thread which you painstakingly took time to write it's contents, active and high up on the board. But quoting yourself and replying yourself, is deceit. smiley
Re: Religion, A Shackle On Nigerian Citizens. by Sotenna(m): 7:51am On Nov 13, 2016
GrizzlyBear:
Op you are right. I agree with everything you said.

But you don't have to use your alternate moniker to quote and reply yourself. I understand the need to keep your thread which you painstakingly took time to write it's contents, active and high up on the board. But quoting yourself and replying yourself, is deceit. smiley

LOL! This guy.

I registered here 2007, this is my second post, I'm an active commenter, and viewer. But what I don't have is an alternate moniker. The guy that posted is a different person.
Look at the picture

Re: Religion, A Shackle On Nigerian Citizens. by mrvitalis(m): 7:58am On Nov 13, 2016
Sotenna:

God, has given us a lot of power, knowledge and opportunities to show off what he has put in us. People in China as you mentioned, and some other positive minded regions have understood what needs to be done and have started doing it, when you ask them what they need more of they simply tell you they need more time in this life so as to achieve more.

But here, we just get a rope and bundle up and entangle ourselves in self pity and ignorance, allowing people to do our own thinking and live our own lives for us.
China are among tge least religious nation on earth

(1) (Reply)

Dear TB Joshua, We Are Waiting What Happened? / The Experience Lagos 2016 / Jehovah's Witnesses On Ponzi Schemes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.