Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,863 members, 7,828,087 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Why Do Cars Smoke? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Why Do Cars Smoke? (420 Views)

How To Diagnose Black Smoke In An Engine / A Clean Registered Toyota Sequoia For Sale, 2003 Smoke Engine. / Do Cars Made In South Africa Have Custom Papers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Cars Smoke? by kabuski(m): 8:24am On Nov 13, 2016
[color=#006600][/color]dear auto gigs in the house,please inform me on ...what causes a vehicle to smoke.I have heard so much from a lot of people such as 1.oil drain/change when engine is hot .2.swapping lubricants even if they are high grades.3.broken engine rings... what makes rings to break?
and I guess these applies to all motorised engines?
Re: Why Do Cars Smoke? by kingsley1971: 9:03am On Nov 13, 2016
you did not service the car as at when due,,,or you may have used wrong spec,,,you may have bought bad fuel (mix up with water)
Re: Why Do Cars Smoke? by chuka5000(m): 9:23am On Nov 13, 2016
(1) service ur car timely and with the specified oil. to be sure of timely servicing you can calculate the mileage from ur last oil change by noting down the reading on ur odometer or u can also program the trip A/B and monitor it.

(2) do not let it out level cross the full mark on the gauge (over gauge)

(3) mind the distance u do with ur car based on the engine capacity. E.g a 1.3 liter traveling long distances frequently on air conditioner may not last up to a v6 3.0 engine doing same (all cars are not the same though).

(4) always allow ur engine to run for about 5mins (warming) when u start on a new day.

(5) thank me later

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Reg Honda 2009 V6 @1.7 / Benz Or Bimmer...which Is More Powerful And More Sophisticated / Golf 3 GTI Needed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.