Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Peeling Beans - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Peeling Beans (761 Views)

Nigerian Lady With One Hand Peeling Potatoes With Her Legs / I Know A Guy That Eats Groundnut Without Peeling It. Is It Healthy / 5 Surprising Risks Of Beans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peeling Beans by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 13, 2016
I saw here suggestions on peeling beens and decided to try an old recipe. The difference is the recipe was based on beans, as opposed to dried peas which are used more in Nigerian cooking.

The beans are also roasted first before peeling. I tried that and it only made them harder. So I'll be trying it the new way...

Photo: Soaked beans

Re: Peeling Beans by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 13, 2016
After one hour in cold water, the skin on the beans had only become partially loose so I decided to start on pounding in a small mortar as the rest keep soaking....

Re: Peeling Beans by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 13, 2016
After about three hours and a half ...

The beens that soaked for a longer time were easier to peel ...

Re: Peeling Beans by Efukikata(m): 3:04am On Nov 14, 2016
Seriously? why do we even need to peel beans in the first place. Is like a different kinda preparation procedure or does it change anything?

meanwhile, if you have the time, check out these links... they maybe useful:
Where to grow old healthier and happier

10 Problems that onions solve better than any medication

How to Gain Weight Fast & Safely with Nigerian foods

How to Lose Weight Faster in Nigeria

10 Best foods for colon cleansing
Re: Peeling Beans by Nobody: 4:46am On Nov 14, 2016
Tastes better when roasted first angry

It came out looking as white porridge.

The idea is to boil it into a stew and no additives except salt. Mine was tasteless because I did not roast first. Luckily I had just accidentally burnt some beans I cooked earlier. I mixed it in for abit of colour and roasty taste. It's not like the original thing but better...

(1) (Reply)

Order For Your Vegetable Slicer At Micostar Mall / Wine Or Drinks Free Delivery In Lagos / Online Valentine's Day Cake Booking.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.