Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,811 members, 7,851,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:22 AM

Top-selling 4G Smartphones In Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top-selling 4G Smartphones In Nigeria (1371 Views)

Tecno Emerge Highest Selling Phone In Nigeria; See Other Top-selling Phones / Top 3 Cheap 4G Smartphones With Infinity Display Under $100 / Full List Of 4g Smartphones With Band 28(700) That Will Work With Glo 4G Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top-selling 4G Smartphones In Nigeria by techfrontierian: 10:44am On Nov 13, 2016
4G LTE (Fourth Generation Long Term Evolution) technology provides faster Internet speed and connections compared to the existing 3G networks. Meet the mobile phones connecting with this technology on the link below:

http://technologytimes.ng/top-selling-4g-enabled-smartphones-in-nigeria/
Re: Top-selling 4G Smartphones In Nigeria by Onyenna(m): 11:05am On Nov 13, 2016
You're looking for traffic by all means..... Lmao!!

1 Like

Re: Top-selling 4G Smartphones In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 13, 2016
MORE
NOW VIEWING

Opera’s new tool tracks your email

13/11/2016 Elizabeth Edozie

Regulator: Upcoming spectrum auction rings mobile broadband for Rural Nigeria

Samsung Galaxy S7Edge smartphone out in blue coral colour

CBN plans consumer protection rules to boost financial inclusion

Poll: Should Mobile Network Operators Offer Mobile Money Service?

Pictured: Selfies, learning and networking at ngNOG 2016

The year 2016 has no doubt witnessed the influx of a good number of 4G-enabled smartphones into the consumer technology market.
4G LTE (Fourth Generation Long Term Evolution) technology provides faster Internet speed and connections compared to the existing 3G networks.
Following the introduction of 4G LTE network in Nigeria by both ISPs like Swift, Spectranet and Smile, mobile network providers including Glo, MTN, Etisalat and Ntel Nigeria rolling out their 4G LTE services. This surely paves way for more 4G-enabled smartphones to enter the booming Nigerian tech market in the coming years.
Here are top 10 4G-enabled smartphones that were launched in 2016 in no particular order and their major features:
Apple iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
Launched in September, 2016, the latest iPhone series and the first water resistant iPhone series from U.S. tech company, Apple. The iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus come in silver, gold and rose-gold colour variants and supports the latest 4G Internet connectivity. The iPhone 7 series supports up to 25 LTE bands for seamless roaming and LTE Advanced for three times faster data rates than iPhone 6, Apple says.

Apple iPhone 7 series
iPhone 7 comes with 12-megapixel camera with optical image stabilisation, and a larger ƒ/1.8 aperture and 6-element lens which enables brighter, more detailed photos and videos, as well as a wide color capture. iPhone 7 Plus features the same 12-megapixel wide angle camera as iPhone 7 and adds a 12-megapixel telephoto camera that together offer optical zoom at two times and up to 10 times digital zoom for photos.
Most interestingly, the iPhone 7 series come with iOS 10, Apple’s biggest OS release ever. Apple says iOS 10 introduces a huge update to messages that delivers more expressive and animated ways to message friends and family, the ability for Siri to do more by working with apps and new ways to interact with apps.
Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
The Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge were launched in March 2016 by the South Korean tech company, Samsung. The smartphones come in four glimmering colours that include gold, platinum, white pearl, silver titanium, and the newly-developed black onyx. The water- and dust-resistant Galaxy S7 series are certified to still function after falling into a five feet depth of water for up to 30 minutes, according to Samsung.

Samsung Galaxy S7
The smartphones feature ‘Samsung Pay”, a mobile payment system said by Samsung to be secure and easy to use with just a swipe or tap on your card. The Samsung smartphones also come with 32GB inbuilt memory space that can be expanded with an additional 200GB micro SD card and supports 4G LTE network.
The Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge feature big Quad HD displays of 5.1 inch and 5.5 inch respectively and they are both powered by the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS. The Galaxy S7 series feature 12mp rear camera with dual pixel and 5MP front camera. The Galaxy S7 features 3,000 mAh battery, while the Galaxy S7 edge comes with a higher battery capacity of 3600 mAh.
Tecno Phantom 6 and Phantom 6 Plus
The Phantom 6 and Phantom 6 Plus was launched by Chinese tech company, Tecno in September 2016. Flaunting an amazing 6.15mm ultra slim design with premium chamfered edges, the new Phantom 6 is very slim and features dual rear camera.

Tecno Phantom 6 Plus
Spotting the unconventional dual rear 13MP plus 5MP auto-focus cameras with LED flash, the Phantom 6 also stoma
Re: Top-selling 4G Smartphones In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 13, 2016
You all talking about LTE, that stuff zaps battery life so much you can barely use a fully charged battery the whole day.

Also, voice over mtn lte seem to be impossible.
Re: Top-selling 4G Smartphones In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 13, 2016
Vorpal:
You all talking about LTE, that stuff zaps battery life so much you can barely use a fully charged battery the whole day.

Also, voice over mtn lte seem to be impossible.

U don need LTE for voice, mtn and others use 2g for their voice service so I don't see the complain here. Put ur network into auto mode, if u use 4g only then no voice. The only exception is for an only LTE network like ntel, and they already have a VOLTE app for that.

As for the battery... With great powers come great responsibility. Just like 3g consumes more battery than 2g, that's the same way 4g consumes more battery than 4g. Live with it, and if u can't then stay with 3g.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top-selling 4G Smartphones In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 13, 2016
greenhulk:

U don need LTE for voice, mtn and others use 2g for their voice service so I don't see the complain here. Put ur network into auto mode, if unused 4g only then no voice. The only exception is for an only LTE network like ntel, and they already have a VOLTE app for that.

If I had selected LTE or automatic to the highest possible settings,that will obviously deflect my calls.

As for the battery... With great powers come great responsibility. Just like 3g consumes more battery than 2g, that's the same way 4g consumes more battery than 4g. Live with it, and if u can't then stay with 3g.

Bros, calm down. I was just making an observation as to why LTE is not such a gainful plus except if you want to do large downloads. The way I see it, I think a mifi is still far more preferable especially if you need it also for business use.
Re: Top-selling 4G Smartphones In Nigeria by GoodyOG: 3:45pm On Nov 13, 2016
Re: Top-selling 4G Smartphones In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 13, 2016
Vorpal:

If I had selected LTE or automatic to the highest possible settings,that will obviously deflect my calls.

If u select 4g only then u won't get voice as mtn doesn't have VOLTE (voice over LTE) yet. But actually they don't need that since their network support 2g which they use for voice, unlike ntel that is only 4g which is not a wise idea in my opinion. So if u want voice with LTE u have to choose automatic. If u want to go hardcore full blazing download and don't want voice then choose 4g only.

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Phone / Engineer In The House, Please I Need Your Help / Get Internet Data Browse And Downlaod Now And Free Airtime To Call For FREE!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.