Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,334 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Between Starting A Business And Going back for HND - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Between Starting A Business And Going back for HND (952 Views)

No Going Back On Relocation Of Computer Village, Says Lagos Government / 6 Tips For Starting A Successful Small Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Starting A Business And Going back for HND by mirrakk(m): 12:51am On Nov 14, 2016
I am here because i seek direction.

Am a young school leaver(ND PRECISELY) I ought to b back to school for HND but for finance. prior to dis tym i had my IT in a bank, made up my mind against banking job except as a full staff.
presently i work with a haulage company in larfarge, although d pay presently isnt encouraging but i love what am doing cos of d experience involved, as av alway loved transport business as a whole. Nw preasure is coming frm home abt me goin bak for my HND but 2 me i wnt 2 work for lyk one more year, get a cab,preferably a mini van, run it myself for a tym being until i get money to get a truck. yes truck, i can stl get a good one at 1.5m to 2m. am realy torn between goin bak 2 skul and starting a biz. please, guys what should I do. skul or business. moreover i dnt lyk d idea of job searching as a person.
Re: Between Starting A Business And Going back for HND by MPVGoddess: 1:06am On Nov 27, 2016
it's your life

Don't let someone else live it for you

They can suggest, and you must consider

ULTIMATELY, YOU DECIDE, BECAUSE YOU WILL LIVE WITH THE CONSEQUENCES NOT THEM!

How old are you?

Finally, please follow your heart, try what you love, if it fails, you can always change course, many roads lead to the same venue, and you have said you don't love to work for someone else nor do you really care about further education at the moment!

Hope that helps
Re: Between Starting A Business And Going back for HND by mirrakk(m): 9:38am On Nov 27, 2016
MPVGoddess:
it's your life

Don't let someone else live it for you

They can suggest, and you must consider

ULTIMATELY, YOU DECIDE, BECAUSE YOU WILL LIVE WITH THE CONSEQUENCES NOT THEM!

How old are you?

Finally, please follow your heart, try what you love, if it fails, you can always change course, many roads lead to the same venue, and you have said you don't love to work for someone else nor do you really care about further education at the moment!

Hope that helps

tnks man. Sure it does.
Re: Between Starting A Business And Going back for HND by Eddodoh(m): 11:25am On Nov 27, 2016
To be candid with you. Education is good but it's not the ultimate. If possible, combine business with your studies so that by the time you are done with school, you already have good business knowledge.

At least, it will be known that you attended school.
Personally, I relied on my paper qualifications over the years for a living, at a time I got frustrated and unfullfil. I Searched for better jobs but couldn't find.

I began the process of self-discovery and stuff I can do to earn a living other than the normal working for companies. I used to frequent the job section but I switched to business and investment sections during this process. Few months later, I decided to start mini importation. Weeks later, I was retrenched from the organization. Currently, my little business means so much to me. I don't feel like looking for another job or working for anyone. I am sure of 3K to 10k in a week If sales is low. Only this week I sold up to 20k.

I can wake up any time, receive calls from potential buyers.

Having money coming daily is even enough for me compare to waiting till month end, which the salary is peanut.

Best of Luck!!!

Visit My ECommerce Store Here

2 Likes

Re: Between Starting A Business And Going back for HND by mirrakk(m): 3:20pm On Nov 27, 2016
the two pple who have contributed so far, i realLy appreciate. Eddodor, i av equally tot abt combining skul and business 2geda. Tnks.

1 Like

Re: Between Starting A Business And Going back for HND by obiaguna(m): 9:13pm On Nov 27, 2016
Man I won't lie to you.. The way this country is set up, your degrees may really not fetch you anything substantial in terms of cash. I would advise you to start the transport business and pend your HND for a while. Just my own suggestion sha.
Re: Between Starting A Business And Going back for HND by Blackkie: 6:47am On Nov 28, 2016
My brother, its good you brought your question here.
I will kick against your going for HND from now till forever.
For one reason, HND is an inferior certificate to a degree. If your fund and finance will go into higher education, kindly go for a degree and not a mere certificate.
Why spend your money for a lesser stuff when a higher stuff is there to take.

Regarding your business, start looking for how to deepen your knowledge about it. The more versatile you are the more money you will make.
You can take the part time route depending on the course you wish to study.
Re: Between Starting A Business And Going back for HND by Chukslar: 3:07pm On Dec 28, 2016
WE Send money to your suppliers anywhere in the world in Dollars

Advantages of Using Infolinks Pay for Me
1) Buy Dollars Cheaper
2) No extra Bank Charges
3) No time wasting

WE Pay through PayPal cos its Instant and both Sender and Receiver are Protected.

Though Bank transfers can be agreed upon.

Note- Pls do not ask if you can Pay after we send the Money, the Answer is a big NO. If you doubt our services then you are free to start with any amount then Build your trust.
You can also ask to meet Face to Face or in a Bank (if your Order is big enough).

Send your Request to chukslar@yahoo.com or PM us if we can help you.
Re: Between Starting A Business And Going back for HND by Smartlife(m): 3:30pm On Dec 28, 2016
Ops am in the same shoe as yours... Thanks to forex, made some good bucks that could take me through to hnd but an not going for it. School can wait. Looking to establish my own biz soon. Think smart.

(1) (Reply)

Banks In Nigeria On The Blink? / Billionaire Tony Elumelu Empowers 1000 Young Entrepreneurs With $100m(pics) / Our company is looking for nationwide distributor in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.