Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Why Was Nairaland On Read Only Mode Before? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Was Nairaland On Read Only Mode Before? (836 Views)

Nairaland Nostalgia: What Was Nairaland Like In The Past? / Why Was Nairaland On Lockdown Today Morning / Why Was Nairaland On Lockdown Today Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Was Nairaland On Read Only Mode Before? by Abduletudaye(m): 8:30am On Nov 14, 2016
Morning all..

Thisnis very unusual as i woke up to meet just one update post this morning and when i tried to comment, it said its in 'Read Only Mode'.

Please note, i was signed out temporarily.

What could have been the issue? undecided
Re: Why Was Nairaland On Read Only Mode Before? by UrennaNkoli(f): 8:31am On Nov 14, 2016
Its crashing down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was Nairaland On Read Only Mode Before? by Alexk2(m): 8:33am On Nov 14, 2016
Not just you; it's general. .

Let's wait for Seun to explain why.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Was Nairaland On Read Only Mode Before? by iHart(m): 8:37am On Nov 14, 2016
You know Nairaland have not been evolving, so may be they are experimenting on something new.
Re: Why Was Nairaland On Read Only Mode Before? by seyiojomu(m): 8:39am On Nov 14, 2016
Cos I have never been banned before and don't know how it plays out, i was beginning to think and wonder that who banned me and what for?

1 Like

Re: Why Was Nairaland On Read Only Mode Before? by cassidy1996(m): 8:42am On Nov 14, 2016
i was signed out temporarily
Re: Why Was Nairaland On Read Only Mode Before? by Seun(m): 8:43am On Nov 14, 2016
I was conducting a maintenance operation which required read-only mode. It was expected to take 2 hours but there were some complications.

19 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Why Was Nairaland On Read Only Mode Before? by Justiceleague1: 8:45am On Nov 14, 2016
Could be seun is experimenting on something,like rounding up the excess zombies you know or maybe he wanna dash us something this december grin
well whatever it is/was,goodluck seun and yall guys have a great and blessed week. cool

1 Like

Re: Why Was Nairaland On Read Only Mode Before? by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 14, 2016
Apparently when I used a proxy it went....
Re: Why Was Nairaland On Read Only Mode Before? by Vince77(m): 8:46am On Nov 14, 2016
Seun:
I was conducting a maintenance operation which required read-only mode. It was expected to take 2 hours but there were some complications.

Pls add "dislike" button

2 Likes

Re: Why Was Nairaland On Read Only Mode Before? by Omotayor123(f): 8:47am On Nov 14, 2016
Seun:
You should have notify us... I thought something was wrong with my NL account/opera

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was Nairaland On Read Only Mode Before? by littlewonders: 8:47am On Nov 14, 2016
Seun:

Seun, I almost thought FG has come to play just as the acclaim MMM tales
Re: Why Was Nairaland On Read Only Mode Before? by Nicolars(m): 8:47am On Nov 14, 2016
my reaction when i first noticed it... thought had been banned for eternity

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Was Nairaland On Read Only Mode Before? by DIKEnaWAR: 8:47am On Nov 14, 2016
Seu,.n was receiving his tiger claws tribal mark, so he was crying, kicking and trashing the place in pain. The thing pained him so much that he shut down his site. End of.

If you don't like it goan open your own.

1 Like

Re: Why Was Nairaland On Read Only Mode Before? by kinggogo: 8:48am On Nov 14, 2016
I tot dis our beloved site av bn hacked again oo grin
Re: Why Was Nairaland On Read Only Mode Before? by EHMIR(m): 9:04am On Nov 14, 2016
I tot i banned till 2050grin
cos i didnt even see the "login" option
Re: Why Was Nairaland On Read Only Mode Before? by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 14, 2016
Nicolars:
my reaction when i first noticed it... thought had been banned for eternity
LMAO grin grin
I thought the same too
Re: Why Was Nairaland On Read Only Mode Before? by ShakurM(m): 9:28am On Nov 14, 2016
UrennaNkoli:
Its crashing down
Seun, see enemy! grin )

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was Nairaland On Read Only Mode Before? by Abduletudaye(m): 10:27am On Nov 14, 2016
Seun:

Alright Boss.. I just wanted to be sure everything was fine..
Re: Why Was Nairaland On Read Only Mode Before? by Abduletudaye(m): 10:28am On Nov 14, 2016
Omotayor123:

You should have notify us... I thought something was wrong with my NL account/opera

Hello... smiley

Awayu?
Re: Why Was Nairaland On Read Only Mode Before? by Abduletudaye(m): 10:29am On Nov 14, 2016
UrennaNkoli:
Its crashing down

I hope not.. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Was Nairaland On Read Only Mode Before? by Abduletudaye(m): 11:02am On Nov 14, 2016
UrennaNkoli:
Its crashing down

I hope not..
Re: Why Was Nairaland On Read Only Mode Before? by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 14, 2016
The maintenance thing should have been done in the MidNight.
Re: Why Was Nairaland On Read Only Mode Before? by AyamConfidence(m): 11:20am On Nov 14, 2016
Since Seun has answered the question I believe this thread has served its purpose... so on behalf of lalasticlala and all other mods...I formally declare this THREAD CLOSED

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was Nairaland On Read Only Mode Before? by Omotayor123(f): 11:55am On Nov 14, 2016
Abduletudaye:

Hello... smiley
Awayu?
Fine tnx.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was Nairaland On Read Only Mode Before? by Abduletudaye(m): 12:56pm On Nov 14, 2016
Omotayor123:
Fine tnx.

Can i send you a PM, please?
Re: Why Was Nairaland On Read Only Mode Before? by Omotayor123(f): 2:42pm On Nov 14, 2016
Abduletudaye:

Can i send you a PM, please?
Sorry, but I can't reply mails.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was Nairaland On Read Only Mode Before? by Abduletudaye(m): 5:44pm On Nov 14, 2016
Omotayor123:
Sorry, but I can't reply mails.

Alright, thanks. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Describe Your 2016 In One Word,,, / Itunes Gift Card Buyer In Exchange For Cash / Lalasticlala, Mynd44.. Who Are These People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.