Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,457 members, 7,819,667 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Iwobi And Okocha Talk About Iwobi's Rainbow Flick (in the match against Algeria) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Iwobi And Okocha Talk About Iwobi's Rainbow Flick (in the match against Algeria) (1576 Views)

UEFA Champions League Lands In Uyo, Puyol And Okocha Pictured Together / Mikel Obi , Alex Iwobi And William ‏react After Today's Match - Read / Between Alex Iwobi And A Semi Unclad Fan In The Field (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iwobi And Okocha Talk About Iwobi's Rainbow Flick (in the match against Algeria) by naptu2: 2:54pm On Nov 14, 2016
[size=14pt]Alex Iwobi, Okocha talk about that flick
Nigeria - Sunday 13 November 2016
[/size]

Alex Iwobi’s rainbow flick on Algeria’s Taider Sliti during Nigeria’s 3-1 win over Algeria went viral on Saturday, and the Arsenal forward told KweseSport he first saw his uncle Jay Jay Okocha do it.

Incidentally, Okocha did it against Ray Parlour, an Arsenal player while playing for Bolton Wanderes in the English Premier League.

“I definitely saw that Jay Jay flick,” Iwobi said. “But I learnt it myself from just playing around in my club and watching players like (Alexis) Sanchez and Neymar do that stuff.”

But did he think he was going to do it, and in such a crucial game?

“When it comes to things like that I never really think about it. If it happens, it happens. Didn’t know it would go viral.”

The Arsenal starlet did not enjoy the same roof-raising performance he put out against Zambia, but says he will learn from it

“My performance was okay. It was just average, and I think I can learn from that. But as a team it was a great performance and I’m happy we won.”

Fans at the VIP stand of the Godswill Akpabio Stadium turned to Okocha immediately Iwobi did his flick, but the famous uncle refused credit

“I didn’t teach him. Maybe he saw the one I did, but I’m sure he must have seen other players do it too. The boy is special and he is still developing. We are lucky to have him.”

http://www.kwesesports.com/football/international/nigeria/alex-iwobi-okocha-talk-about-that-flick/

Video of the flick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQZWtaeN_cY

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iwobi And Okocha Talk About Iwobi's Rainbow Flick (in the match against Algeria) by naptu2: 2:55pm On Nov 14, 2016

1 Like

Re: Iwobi And Okocha Talk About Iwobi's Rainbow Flick (in the match against Algeria) by naptu2: 2:57pm On Nov 14, 2016
One family has given the Super Eagles Emmanuel Okocha, Austin JayJay Okocha and now Alex Iwobi. God bless that family.

1 Like

Re: Iwobi And Okocha Talk About Iwobi's Rainbow Flick (in the match against Algeria) by naptu2: 3:09pm On Nov 14, 2016
Okocha's rainbow flick (vs Arsenal)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQVV3hA0MGQ
Re: Iwobi And Okocha Talk About Iwobi's Rainbow Flick (in the match against Algeria) by zoboizee: 6:32pm On Nov 14, 2016
I wonder what's to this flick of a thing. The ref had already blown for a foul, the algerian player was running back to defend their half knowing the ref called a foul & iwobi flicking the ball over himself not the algerian, facing our own end & yet people are raving.

1 Like

Re: Iwobi And Okocha Talk About Iwobi's Rainbow Flick (in the match against Algeria) by dfrost: 7:01pm On Nov 14, 2016
zoboizee:
I wonder what's to this flick of a thing. The ref had already blown for a foul, the algerian player was running back to defend their half knowing the ref called a foul & iwobi flicking the ball over himself not the algerian, facing our own end & yet people are raving.

Bros at least there was a flick. Encourage someone even if the person is stupid. I can't even do what he did to start with.
Re: Iwobi And Okocha Talk About Iwobi's Rainbow Flick (in the match against Algeria) by Lily4star(f): 7:25am On Nov 15, 2016
dfrost:

Bros at least there was a flick. Encourage someone even if the person is stupid. I can't even do what he did to start with.

Thank you jare, just show some appreciation and encourage the lad, to think of it its not an easy feat starting your footballing career with a club like Arsenal even his Uncle never had that chance to play in a huge club and enjoy Champions League Football and even becoming a better footballer only towards the end of his career. In all encourage the kid cos he is doing so great at such a young age.
Re: Iwobi And Okocha Talk About Iwobi's Rainbow Flick (in the match against Algeria) by davmor(m): 9:39pm On Nov 15, 2016
ahahahaha....some people cannot stop expressing jealousiness in life.....please....He iwobi did really did a flick and that is wonderful......growing to be doing it much more like his uncle Austin Jay Jay Okacho.....Bravo Starlet_Iwobi...Jay_Jay Jnr!!!

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Celebrity Arm Wrestling. Dotman Vs Fan / It Will Be Difficult For Chelsea To Retain This Title-chelsea Coach Antonio / Tonight's Leagues Cups 22 Sure Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.