Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Arik Air Aircraft Loses Engine Mid-Air Between Lagos & Jos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Arik Air Aircraft Loses Engine Mid-Air Between Lagos & Jos (31364 Views)

British Airways Flight Heading To Abuja Loses Engine Mid-Air / See What Happens When An Airplane Runs Out Of Fuel Mid-Air (Photos) / Saudi Arabia’s Team Plane Catches Fire In Mid Air (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arik Air Aircraft Loses Engine Mid-Air Between Lagos & Jos by Bhenehdikt(m): 10:22am On Nov 15, 2016
Nigerians and cluelessness.. A plane lost one of its engine and someone is blaming Arik as though engine failure is a new thing. Even one of the most equipped and sophisticated aircraft in the world,the AirBus A380 has also being known to have had engine problems..

All aircrafts undergo regular maintenance. The issue is that,did the engineers who carried out the maintenance do it properly? or were they paid to ignore certain things by the Ogas at the top? Most of Ariks aircraft's are old,its not a new thing. They haven't even been able to manage a common B737 and they want to acquire more Airbuses.. Nawa

1 Like

Re: Arik Air Aircraft Loses Engine Mid-Air Between Lagos & Jos by kraftykc(m): 11:50am On Nov 15, 2016
tunde2222:
The shouldn't be news, that it the essence of an extra engine

Are you being serious? Aircraft loses engine know flight and that isn't newsworthy Some people must just open mouth.

@post, they are lucky the other one stayed on. But I'm surprised at the NCAA, whatever could the reason that the AIB hasn't been informed? This is the reason why crashes keep happening in Nigeria, nobody takes the previous ones seriously.

2 Likes

Re: Arik Air Aircraft Loses Engine Mid-Air Between Lagos & Jos by kraftykc(m): 11:52am On Nov 15, 2016
Bhenehdikt:
Nigerians and cluelessness.. A plane lost one of its engine and someone is blaming Arik as though engine failure is a new thing. Even one of the most equipped and sophisticated aircraft in the world,the AirBus A380 has also being known to have had engine problems..

All aircrafts undergo regular maintenance. The issue is that,did the engineers who carried out the maintenance do it properly? or were they paid to ignore certain things by the Ogas at the top? Most of Ariks aircraft's are old,its not a new thing. They haven't even been able to manage a common B737 and they want to acquire more Airbuses.. Nawa

Negro listen to yourself: first don't blame Arik, next Arik has old A/Cs and bad maintenance. Yet you chide others in cluelessness... Lol Irony.

2 Likes

Re: Arik Air Aircraft Loses Engine Mid-Air Between Lagos & Jos by philfrey08: 11:59am On Nov 15, 2016
emi14:

Hahahahahahahaha... That is not true. You're short sighted in this case. Am an independent business person currently out of the country struggling. Am not related to airk unless needing their services.

Na so!

Independent businessman sighted!!
Arik private jet customer sighted!!
Out of the country sighted!!
Re: Arik Air Aircraft Loses Engine Mid-Air Between Lagos & Jos by IYANGBALI: 12:08pm On Nov 15, 2016
Chai I suspect ritual
Re: Arik Air Aircraft Loses Engine Mid-Air Between Lagos & Jos by alaskido(m): 12:15pm On Nov 15, 2016
Some passengers go don piss and shit for body. Chai, I had a nasty experience with BELLVIEW. A Muslim man sitting next to me shouted JESUS CHRIST when the plane made a crash landing at PHC airport during OBJ regime. No be small laugh after we got off the flight. This is to tell you JESUS CHRIST IS LORD.

2 Likes

Re: Arik Air Aircraft Loses Engine Mid-Air Between Lagos & Jos by Bhenehdikt(m): 12:43pm On Nov 15, 2016
kraftykc:

Negro listen to yourself: first don't blame Arik, next Arik has old A/Cs and bad maintenance. Yet you chide others in cluelessness... Lol Irony.
Ok blame them
.lolz
Re: Arik Air Aircraft Loses Engine Mid-Air Between Lagos & Jos by greggng: 1:04pm On Nov 15, 2016
If I were in that flight I for remove my pant shit full everywhere. I dey fear death like mad. Are u people sure I will ever die
Re: Arik Air Aircraft Loses Engine Mid-Air Between Lagos & Jos by Abee79(m): 1:49pm On Nov 15, 2016
sucess001:
y cant the other engine sustain the journey?
What is this one saying?

Re: Arik Air Aircraft Loses Engine Mid-Air Between Lagos & Jos by sucess001(m): 2:08pm On Nov 15, 2016
Abee79:

What is this one saying?

You need the prophesy more.
Re: Arik Air Aircraft Loses Engine Mid-Air Between Lagos & Jos by Fistop: 2:27pm On Nov 15, 2016
@Arik Air has not paid its Cabin crew salaries since July this year, yet their Chairman bought a brand new 2016 Bullet proof Jeep. They pay their expatriate pilots in dollars and they work for only six months in a year whereas their Nigerian pilots are paid in Naira and work for 12months. @Arik Air, this is injusthice. Their Cabin crew staff have no Insurance policy at all. They have no pension account and their salaries are deducted monthly for pension. Their Chairman sack staff at will anyhow. Arik Air should be thoroughly probed. The Chairman behaves as if he is more than Nigeria
Re: Arik Air Aircraft Loses Engine Mid-Air Between Lagos & Jos by Abee79(m): 2:48pm On Nov 15, 2016
sucess001:

You need the prophesy more.

Re: Arik Air Aircraft Loses Engine Mid-Air Between Lagos & Jos by jossy4joseph(m): 3:05pm On Nov 15, 2016
Thank God they landed safely.
Re: Arik Air Aircraft Loses Engine Mid-Air Between Lagos & Jos by patrickkkk: 5:56pm On Nov 15, 2016
edbor:

Man a two engine plane can take off even if one explodes on the runway, controlling the plane in air is no big deal, even a plane with no functioning engine can glide provided it has high altitude that's probably where your controlling aerodynamics with one engine comes in to play.

only that an engine isn't needed to glide.

Hello, I believe the main reason why the pilot had to land the plane has to do with control. It is very difficult to pilot a twin e!ngine plane with one functional engine. Infact such plane becomes aerodynamically unstable staying on course of journey.
Re: Arik Air Aircraft Loses Engine Mid-Air Between Lagos & Jos by edbor(m): 5:59pm On Nov 15, 2016
patrickkkk:

Hello, I believe the main reason why the pilot had to land the plane has to do with control. It is very difficult to pilot a twin e!ngine plane with one functional engine. Infact such plane becomes aerodynamically unstable staying on course of journey.
Re: Arik Air Aircraft Loses Engine Mid-Air Between Lagos & Jos by edbor(m): 6:05pm On Nov 15, 2016
patrickkkk:

on the bolded i beg to differ, i believe he was following safety procedures, we don't know how new the plane is , skill of the pilot et al. .

pilots are trained to fly on one engine, only that they land at the nearest airport.
Re: Arik Air Aircraft Loses Engine Mid-Air Between Lagos & Jos by emi14: 7:33pm On Nov 15, 2016
philfrey08:

Na so!

Independent businessman sighted!!
Arik private jet customer sighted!!
Out of the country sighted!!

Hahahahahahahaha....your sight sighted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arik Air Aircraft Loses Engine Mid-Air Between Lagos & Jos by otokx(m): 11:00pm On Nov 15, 2016
In civilized countries, all Arik aircraft will be grounded immediately by the Federal authorities and subjected to an audit cost of which will be borne by Arik, if any thing is found wanting hefty fines will be slammed on them, amongst other corrective actions.
Re: Arik Air Aircraft Loses Engine Mid-Air Between Lagos & Jos by richiepolymer(m): 10:30am On Nov 16, 2016
Bolustic:
Issues like this is a clear indicator of the inefficiencies, cluelessness and greed evident in Arik, Nigerians are seriously complaining about the overall service of Arik and its management is not bothered. Arik is more concerned about profit than customer satisfaction.

Unfortunately, by the time customers find better alternative(s) and it gradually folds up, some deluded and retarded Nigerians would start ranting at the government in ignorance.

But Arik is not the only airline in Nigeria now? If one doesn't like meat, why not try kponmor? There's Air peace, Dana, Azman, First nation etc.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gov Soludo Completes 16KM Ukpor - Umunuko - Nza - Ozubulu Road(photos) / Graphic Photos: Fatal Accident Along Oshodi-apapa Expressway Claims 2 Lives / My Adventurous Weekend At The Biggest Inflatable Waterpark In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.