Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) (11927 Views)

Student Sues FUNAAB Over Expulsion, Court Fixes February 24 For Hearing / UNIBEN Pharmacy Students Protest Industrial Action By Lecturers (photos) / UI Elevates 23 Lecturers To Professors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) by naijgist: 4:59am On Nov 15, 2016
Members of the Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities, SSANU, Western zone, this morning shut down activities at the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta over the sack of 23 of its members in the school. The Governing Council of the school had on Thursday last week, sacked 18 members of staff of the institution.
The affected staff included three members of the Senior Staff Association of Nigeria Universities of the institution, namely Lasun Somoye, Abdusalaam Sobbor, E.A. Bankole, 10 executive members of SSANU in the school, five other staff of the institution, three medical doctors and two health workers.
They have all been accused of petitioning the EFCC over allegations of fraud in the school. SSANU members are calling for the immediate reinstatement of the sacked lecturers.
More photos below...

For more info visit:
http://www.naijgist.com.ng

Re: SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) by OlujobaSamuel: 5:44am On Nov 15, 2016
i was glued to my fm stereo yesterday morning for about an hr or 2, listening to details of this crisis on sweet fm. it's a pity there is no wisdom nor knowledge where it is expescted, every part of the nation's system stinks with corrupt acts, yet we all want a change system and no one is ready to change, as if it's not humans that makes up the system.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) by warlord24(m): 6:49am On Nov 15, 2016
hmmm

want to learn how my little investment is making me 250,000 monthly from importation?

click the link below

2 Likes

Re: SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) by brostheo(m): 6:50am On Nov 15, 2016
k
Re: SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) by Tunchi101(m): 6:50am On Nov 15, 2016
If there is one thing I can say about Nigeria educational system as a graduate without any reasonable doubt; it is that "IT IS A SCAM!"
Students Out There, Its Never To Early To Start Making Money. USE YOUR HEAD!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) by freezyprinzy(m): 6:50am On Nov 15, 2016
Am tired of this country and corruption

Jesus should jux come already
Re: SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) by Nobody: 6:50am On Nov 15, 2016
The protest continues

1 Like

Re: SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) by generalstingz(m): 6:50am On Nov 15, 2016
Hmmmm! Academicians who ought to lay good examples
Re: SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:51am On Nov 15, 2016
University Crises cry That's why many parents struggle so hard to send their kids to Private Universities

5 Likes

Re: SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) by plucky16(m): 6:52am On Nov 15, 2016
Its actually not funny
Re: SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) by olaglamour(f): 6:53am On Nov 15, 2016
What a mess. FUNAAB is beginning to emulate the mentor of ASUU in terms of strike... I hope this ends soon.

Atymat,, how are coping with this
Re: SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) by brostheo(m): 6:54am On Nov 15, 2016
So many strikes and protest in our higher institutions here and there to bad for a country of our status. We should have gone best this stage

I just hope God saves and prevent Uniben from such dirty strikes,let me just finish my four years jejely and go and face real life

The school don kumuma tire me,nobody should come and delay me,not even for an hour

1 Like

Re: SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) by gameboy727(m): 6:55am On Nov 15, 2016
Crises everywhere. Lord, where is this country heading to?

1 Like

Re: SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) by nely4me(m): 6:56am On Nov 15, 2016
This headline is MISLEADING

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) by b0y(m): 6:56am On Nov 15, 2016
naijgist:
Members of the Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities, SSANU, Western zone, this morning shut down activities at the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta over the sack of 23 of its members in the school. The Governing Council of the school had on Thursday last week, sacked 18 members of staff of the institution.
The affected staff included three members of the Senior Staff Association of Nigeria Universities of the institution, namely Lasun Somoye, Abdusalaam Sobbor, E.A. Bankole, 10 executive members of SSANU in the school, five other staff of the institution, three medical doctors and two health workers.
They have all been accused of petitioning the EFCC over allegations of fraud in the school. SSANU members are calling for the immediate reinstatement of the sacked lecturers.
More photos below...
For more info visit:
http://www.naijgist.com.ng

With all the madness happening in our govt. - owned institutions I seem to wonder how we arrive at the statistics that place them among the best in the rest of Africa let alone the world. So much inconsistencies reek in these universities

I finished from a public university but I know for certain that it's only a matter of time before COVENANT UNIVERSITY emerges the best in Nigeria. If you are in doubt, check current university rankings.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) by MISTAICEY02288(m): 6:56am On Nov 15, 2016
FUNAAB Again!!! When did they resume from their last strike caused by the students riot then that they wanna start another one again now This schl is now getting worse and something has to be done bout it soon.

2 Likes

Re: SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) by Adeoba10(m): 6:57am On Nov 15, 2016
Oyewole alias Olewole. How can you be staying at Official residence and be collecting 24m for housing allowance, also collecting 3m for child marriage allowance yet dia z no development in d schl apart from d one carried out by baba of all student former VC Balogun.

2 Likes

Re: SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) by Mopolchi: 7:02am On Nov 15, 2016
I see fire for that pictures. Make e no be say academics don dey behave like touts.

1 Like

Re: SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) by hizzyairtel(m): 7:03am On Nov 15, 2016
Strike
Re: SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) by sakalisis(m): 7:03am On Nov 15, 2016
Naijajagajaga

1 Like

Re: SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) by personal59: 7:03am On Nov 15, 2016
hmmm
the vc (oyewole) is a calamity that befall the school
admax:
Lecturers that are not ready to work before.
Those guys make extra money from handout and are part time lecturers to some private universities etc this avail them the resources to send their Children to private universities!
hmmm
the vc (oyewole) is a calamity that befall the school
MR pls always comment about what u know not what you think and mind you no one sell handout in funaab the only problem the school have is the vc

2 Likes

Re: SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) by Ahmeduana(m): 7:03am On Nov 15, 2016
NIGERIA WILL SOON IMPLODE, YESTERDAY IT AMBROSS ALI, TODAY IS FUNAAB, TOMORROW WHO KNOWS?

2 Likes

Re: SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) by igraman(m): 7:04am On Nov 15, 2016
hh
Re: SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) by admax(m): 7:04am On Nov 15, 2016

Those guys make extra money from handout and are part time lecturers to some private universities etc this avail them the resources to send their Children to private universities!

1 Like

Re: SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) by omoadeleye(m): 7:09am On Nov 15, 2016
uhm
Re: SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) by Anjorin1990: 7:10am On Nov 15, 2016
warlord24:
hmmm

want to learn how my little investment is making me 250,000 monthly from importation?

click the link below

Where's the link??
Re: SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) by dingbang(m): 7:14am On Nov 15, 2016
Nigerian lecturers are more greedy than the Nigerian police force.

Discuss
Re: SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:16am On Nov 15, 2016
What do you expect when the universities are underfunded and the Vice Chancellor post has been politicized? angry

b0y:

With all the madness happening in our govt. - owned institutions I seem to wonder how we arrive at the statistics that place them among the best in the rest of Africa let alone the world. So much inconsistencies reek in these universities
I finished from a public university but I know for certain that it's only a matter of time before COVENANT UNIVERSITY emerges the best in Nigeria. If you are in doubt, check current university rankings.

And yet irrational beings will start speaking against Oyedepo for the school fees being levied for quality education. A university that is aiming the "Harvard" standard.

There are just so many sadists in Nigeria. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) by Nobody: 7:18am On Nov 15, 2016
admax:

I don't know of other schools but in Funaab where I graduated, handouts are not sold by lecturers. Confirm from your sources before you make this allegation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) by onyxo76(m): 7:27am On Nov 15, 2016
I wonder what those three doctors and health workers must have done to be fired, health workers in university are usually not involved in protests as such
Re: SSANU Shuts Down FUNAAB Over Sack Of 23 Lecturers (photos) by Mzflow(f): 7:29am On Nov 15, 2016
admax:

you are right!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Any Info On Federal Poly Kaura-namoda Zamfara Nd List / Uniben,how Do I Change My Course. / Free Scholarship For Medical Students: NYU School Of Medicine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.