Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,723 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad (27694 Views)

3 Female Kidnappers Caught In Abuja And Stripped Unclad (photos) / Lady Stripped Unclad Publicly For Allegedly Sleeping With Her Friend's Boyfriend / Female Kidnapper Stripped Unclad In Ibadan After Hypnotizing Children. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad by ijustdey: 8:58am On Nov 15, 2016
Kamarudeen Ogundele, Ado Ekiti

A traditional chief, Ilesanmi Olorigbo, from Aita quarters of Ilupeju-Ekiti, in Oye Local Government Area of Ekiti State, has been reportedly stripped naked and paraded round the town for allegedly stealing a cell phone.

He was also forced to commence a hard labour of digging a deep well inside the community market, a source revealed on Monday.

It was learnt that the ugly incident took place on Sunday when some youths in the community were tipped that a missing cell phone was found on him.

The matter was reported at the palace of Apeju of Ilupeju-Ekiti, Oba Olaleye Oniyelu, where palace guards were sent to get Olorigbo.

“On getting to the palace, the Olorigbo was promptly searched and behold! The missing cell phone was found inside his pocket.

Apparently, he was caught unawares as he did not know what the Kabiyesi had wanted from him,” the source said.

Another resident of the town, who witnessed the incident but pleaded anonymity, told newsmen that the Olorigbo had also begun to dig a deep borehole inside the Oba’s market at the centre of Ilupeju as community service to atone for his crime.

“He would first clear the bushes around the spot and thereafter begin to dig the well, the well must bring crystal clear water, else, his punishment won’t be complete. This will serve as deterrent to other would be thieves in the community.”

But Oba Oniyelu denied that Olorigbo, was stripped naked and compelled to dance round the town over alleged theft of a cell phone.

The monarch in a telephone chat said he was in the hospital when Olorigbo was brought to the palace and that the matter was reported to the police by his wife.

He said, “When the matter was brought to the palace, I was in the hospital and the matter was taken to the police station and I don’t know what really happened. I don’t know whether he was paraded round the town but I will find out.

“Olorigbo calls himself a chief, he used to perform rituals and he is the leader of those praying at one of the shrines and anybody whose hand is not clean cannot go there. The adherents of the deity said he will be removed. That is what I know.

“I am not aware that he was stripped naked; that was the reason why the matter was reported to the palace. It was my wife that called the police.”

The Ekiti State Police Public Relations Officer, Alberto Adeyemi, confirmed that Olorigbo had been arrested for the alleged offence and would be charged to court.

He, however, denied knowledge that he was stripped naked and paraded round the town.

http://punchng.com/ekiti-chief-allegedly-stripped-naked-stealing-phone/

1 Share

Re: Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad by Young03(m): 9:00am On Nov 15, 2016
picture or
Re: Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad by Kelly2713(m): 9:20am On Nov 15, 2016
phisure tongue
Re: Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 15, 2016
The news is not complete without the PICTURE. Seeing is believing

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad by Smellymouth: 11:23am On Nov 15, 2016
Chief? Nawa ooo...

NCAN, Aba branch entering the thread like ==>

[img]http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/jackie-chan-chris-tucker-rush-hour-dancing.gif[/img]

96 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad by Turks: 11:23am On Nov 15, 2016
A chief? A Chief of thieves? cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad by OgaTheTop2: 11:24am On Nov 15, 2016
smiley
Re: Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 15, 2016
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad by hakeem4(m): 11:25am On Nov 15, 2016
Chief thief

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad by herzern1(m): 11:25am On Nov 15, 2016

I'm tired of Niqeria...

Who else is??.... grin grin

13 Likes

Re: Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad by jamalnation(m): 11:25am On Nov 15, 2016
Wtf
Re: Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad by lonelydora: 11:25am On Nov 15, 2016
Ok
Re: Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad by BrutalJab: 11:25am On Nov 15, 2016
Chai! See what someone's grandfather don turn too because of this yeye clueless administration.

From Oyenusi to Ogidan to Baddo Mushin to Dagboru.

Its in their blood!!

Meanwhile, Afonjas and stealing.

grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad by israelboy1(m): 11:25am On Nov 15, 2016
jungle justice ( SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST

where there is no LAW...there is no SIN
where there is just one..you dare not blink

We are so swift...to casting out JUDGEMENT...
him who is without one...come preach your wise words to me..

hmmmm....sometimes, the word civilization...scars me....the main purpose of humanity ...is definitely degrading than the word degraded itself...

EVERYTHING..IS FOR A REASON...WE ARE TOO BUSY...not in this SEASON....

IT IS WELL

I am here....not because...i wanted to be.....I am here...just because...it was needed.....

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 15, 2016
Not bad..

As long as they no over beat am grin

Politicians Next...
Re: Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad by XaintJoel20: 11:27am On Nov 15, 2016
When a chief become a thief.... Double Honours...

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:27am On Nov 15, 2016
Fayose must hear this
Re: Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad by sylviaeo(f): 11:27am On Nov 15, 2016
unheard of.
Re: Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad by dunkem21(m): 11:27am On Nov 15, 2016
cheesy
Re: Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad by michresa(m): 11:28am On Nov 15, 2016
Nawao,,,,
Recession or wetin??
Re: Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad by Smellymouth: 11:28am On Nov 15, 2016
herzern1:

I'm tired of Niqeria...

Who else is??.... grin grin

cheesy grin
Re: Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad by allansie(m): 11:28am On Nov 15, 2016
Ekiti pple @work
Re: Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad by profmsboi(m): 11:29am On Nov 15, 2016
Shey na iPhone hin steal?
Re: Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 15, 2016
We won't see some people comment on this thread because Ekiti is a PDP state.
Re: Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad by richidinho(m): 11:29am On Nov 15, 2016
Buhari archaic economic policies is causing commotion in Nigeria, a country once regarded as the Giant of Africa is no where to be recognised in the African map of prosperity.

The citizens mostly from the region that overwhelmingly supported him during the 2015 election now turn to csriminality to feed daily

Crime like kidnapping of school children
Stealling of bread
Stealing of phones
Alfa 419 business
Are now rampant in the region who claim to produce more educated people than every other region in country

Reporting from WBC kansas city, USA grin grin
Re: Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad by vicoloni(m): 11:30am On Nov 15, 2016
Parading him unclad is very bad. Such barbaric act should be stopped in Nigeria. The punishment meted out on him is good enough.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad by DIKEnaWAR: 11:31am On Nov 15, 2016
Hehehe
Re: Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad by Lanre4uonly(m): 11:33am On Nov 15, 2016
Criminal activities everywhere.
Re: Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad by MzMercie: 11:33am On Nov 15, 2016
A chief what an example for others, nonsense. He should be stripped of that title, what a disgrace

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad by Pavore9: 11:33am On Nov 15, 2016
Hmm....instant judgement, no adjournment!
Re: Ekiti Chief Who Stole A Phone Stripped Unclad by origima: 11:33am On Nov 15, 2016
When u hear chief you would think it's like the type of chief you have in IBO land but not.this could be the first son in a home etc.And with this post he must be young na to dig a well.The type of chief in Niger delta....any how any how human beings to make up the number

(1) (2) (Reply)

Queen Dorcas Bolanle Attempted Raped Story By A Man She Met On Twitter / Police Officer Shoots Superior Dead Over Girlfriend In Adamawa / Rev. Father Isaac Agabi Escapes From Kidnappers' Den In Edo (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.