Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,484 members, 7,861,401 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:35 AM

Where Are The English Students? Let's See Who Gets This Correctly. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Where Are The English Students? Let's See Who Gets This Correctly. (2255 Views)

Is Rema Truly Dead ? Let's See What Wikipedia Has To Say About This. / Daddy Freeze 'Marks' The English Of His Female Follower After She Blasted Him / Married Woman Who Gets Paid To Clean Men’s Houses Completely N2ked (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are The English Students? Let's See Who Gets This Correctly. by opeyemiieblog(m): 10:38am On Nov 15, 2016
Where are the English Students? Let's see
who gets this correctly.
The woman who ____ apples also ____
oranges.
(A)sells/sells
(b)sell/sells
(C)sells/sell
(D)sell/sell

Let's see who will get this right

Source :: http://www.praizeblog.com/2016/11/where-are-english-students-lets-see-who.html?m=0

cc lalasticlala fynestboi ishilove ijebabe missyb3
Re: Where Are The English Students? Let's See Who Gets This Correctly. by 007Nasky(m): 10:51am On Nov 15, 2016
D

1 Like

Re: Where Are The English Students? Let's See Who Gets This Correctly. by Elkay3: 10:52am On Nov 15, 2016
opeyemiieblog:
Where are the English Students? Let's see
who gets this correctly.
The woman who ____ apples also ____
oranges.
(A)sells/sells
(b)sell/sells
(C)sells/sell
(D)sell/sell

Let's see who will get this right

Source :: http://www.praizeblog.com/2016/11/where-are-english-students-lets-see-who.html?m=0

cc lalasticlala fynestboi ishilove ijebabe missyb3

Option C
Re: Where Are The English Students? Let's See Who Gets This Correctly. by thesicilian: 11:09am On Nov 15, 2016
Even my great grand mother who sells ogi in the village knows the answer is A
Re: Where Are The English Students? Let's See Who Gets This Correctly. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 15, 2016
C A
Re: Where Are The English Students? Let's See Who Gets This Correctly. by Jonwesley(m): 1:25pm On Nov 15, 2016
C is the right choice. A noun takes on an 's' on its verb (active word)
Re: Where Are The English Students? Let's See Who Gets This Correctly. by LesbianBoy(m): 5:38pm On Nov 15, 2016
The answer is C na angry
Re: Where Are The English Students? Let's See Who Gets This Correctly. by PaulIdu: 6:05pm On Nov 15, 2016
C
Re: Where Are The English Students? Let's See Who Gets This Correctly. by mukykaffe: 6:12pm On Nov 15, 2016
C ocfourse
Re: Where Are The English Students? Let's See Who Gets This Correctly. by diamondc(f): 6:42pm On Nov 15, 2016
Its D

1 Like

Re: Where Are The English Students? Let's See Who Gets This Correctly. by sammoe(m): 6:46pm On Nov 15, 2016
What manner of nonsense is permeating this thread! I wee not ignore it!

thesicilian help me see something o.

NB. A singular subject takes a singular verb while a plural subject takes a plural verb. Also note that while most nouns form their plurals by the addition of 's/es', (third person) singular verbs always end with 's'.

Therefore, option A is the right answer because the subject of the sentence, the woman, is singular.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Are The English Students? Let's See Who Gets This Correctly. by thesicilian: 8:34pm On Nov 15, 2016
sammoe:
What manner of nonsense is permeating this thread. I wee not ignore it!

NB. A singular subject takes a singular verb while a plural subject takes a plural verb. Also note that while most nouns form their plurals by the addition of 's/es', (third person) singular verbs always end with 's'.

Therefore, option A is the right answer because the subject of the sentence, the woman, is singular.
This is one of the disadvantages of the social media era where everyone now finds it so convenient to write in short hand, with words so heavily abbreviated that most people don't even know the right spelling of words again, not to talk of paying attention to grammatical expressions.
Although I am not claiming to be perfect, I count myself lucky to have completed my secondary education before the advent of GSM and text-messaging.
Re: Where Are The English Students? Let's See Who Gets This Correctly. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 16, 2016
thesicilian:

This is one of the disadvantages of the social media era where everyone now finds it so convenient to write in short hand, with words so heavily abbreviated that most people don't even know the right spelling of words again, not to talk of paying attention to grammatical expressions.
Although I am not claiming to be perfect, I count myself lucky to have completed my secondary education before the advent of GSM and text-messaging.
sammoe:
What manner of nonsense is permeating this thread. I wee not ignore it!

TRUE TALK
Re: Where Are The English Students? Let's See Who Gets This Correctly. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 26, 2016
Susie
Re: Where Are The English Students? Let's See Who Gets This Correctly. by fumeex(f): 7:45pm On Nov 26, 2016
C
Re: Where Are The English Students? Let's See Who Gets This Correctly. by Adedoyin56(f): 8:02pm On Nov 26, 2016
c
Re: Where Are The English Students? Let's See Who Gets This Correctly. by GiaGunn(f): 8:11pm On Nov 26, 2016
C
Re: Where Are The English Students? Let's See Who Gets This Correctly. by sammoe(m): 9:17pm On Nov 26, 2016
Rebekkah:

[size=60pt]A[/size]

you dumb asses. grounduaidsangry

A singular noun goes with a singular verb. it's the same subject so the verb remains the same. youse all go bek to grade 2...
grin grin grin You seen nothing yet! embarassed undecided

(1) (Reply)

Yemi Alade Showing Off Her Sexy Body & Her Expensive Gold Transparent Heels As S / Who Else Finds This Maternity Photo Shoot Creative And Awesome? / Singer Simi Stuns Fans With 'tomboy Pose' In Ripped Jeans (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.