Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Webmasters...pls Help Me On My Theme... - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Webmasters...pls Help Me On My Theme... (1008 Views)

Webmasters Pls Step In! / Hi Webmasters Pls Help Check This Site / (help)... Webmasters, Pls Help Me Check This, Thanks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Webmasters...pls Help Me On My Theme... by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 15, 2016
Trying to upload new themes into my WordPress..after clicking on Add new ..,the upload file does not respond at all...pls someone help me out...
Re: Webmasters...pls Help Me On My Theme... by mokoshalb(m): 9:17pm On Nov 15, 2016
peenarz:
Trying to upload new themes into my WordPress..after clicking on Add new ..,the upload file does not respond at all...pls someone help me out...
what format is the file in..?
Re: Webmasters...pls Help Me On My Theme... by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 15, 2016
Thanks for d responde..Is a zipped file...d upload section is not directing me to browse to b able to browse d file for uploading..
Re: Webmasters...pls Help Me On My Theme... by PMenaha: 9:38pm On Nov 15, 2016
Try to log out and log in again, maybe it's a server error.
Alternatively, you can upload the theme via file manager in the cpanel of your hosting account.
Re: Webmasters...pls Help Me On My Theme... by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 15, 2016
I have logged out n logged in back..i even tried to clear my history n cookies...restart the system ...bt still the same thing...bt am still running it on a local server and I also tried to check my plugin section and the plugin section is working fine....
Re: Webmasters...pls Help Me On My Theme... by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 15, 2016
mokoshalb:
what format is the file in..?

Thanks for d respond...Is a zipped file...d upload section is not directing me to browse to b able to browse d file for uploading
Re: Webmasters...pls Help Me On My Theme... by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 15, 2016
PMenaha:
Try to log out and log in again, maybe it's a server error.
Alternatively, you can upload the theme via file manager in the cpanel of your hosting account.

I have logged out n logged in back..i even tried to clear my history n cookies...restart the system ...bt still the same thing...bt am still running it on a local server and I also tried to check my plugin section and the plugin section is working fine....
Re: Webmasters...pls Help Me On My Theme... by mokoshalb(m): 10:41pm On Nov 15, 2016
peenarz:

Thanks for d respond...Is a zipped file...d upload section is not directing me to browse to b able to browse d file for uploading
Okay, try to unzip the file and check the content, screenshot the content and post...
Re: Webmasters...pls Help Me On My Theme... by PMenaha: 6:43am On Nov 16, 2016
peenarz:

If that's d case, then try reinstalling wordpress
Re: Webmasters...pls Help Me On My Theme... by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 19, 2016
PMenaha:

If that's d case, then try reinstalling wordpress

I have done that...but still the same thing...should I download another WordPress.. cos I downloaded WordPress 4.6.1 and am using wamp server 2.5... At Ds point...,what should I do...?
Re: Webmasters...pls Help Me On My Theme... by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 19, 2016
peenarz:

I have done that...but still the same thing...should I download another WordPress.. cos I downloaded WordPress 4.6.1 and am using wamp server 2.5... At Ds point...,what should I do...?

Thanks for your concern PMenaha...it is alright now..I had to remove the WordPress 4.6.1 and downloaded 4.5..then I installed it
...so it working fine now...thanks for your concern once more..
Re: Webmasters...pls Help Me On My Theme... by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 19, 2016
peenarz:

Thanks for your concern moloshalb...it is alright now..I had to remove the WordPress 4.6.1 and downloaded 4.5..then I installed it
Re: Webmasters...pls Help Me On My Theme... by PMenaha: 7:50pm On Nov 19, 2016
peenarz:

Thanks for your concern PMenaha...it is alright now..I had to remove the WordPress 4.6.1 and downloaded 4.5..then I installed it
You're welcome bro.

1 Like

Re: Webmasters...pls Help Me On My Theme... by Tolzeal(m): 8:27pm On Nov 19, 2016
peenarz:

Make use of FTP instead of using WP dashboard.
FTP is fast and durable.
Re: Webmasters...pls Help Me On My Theme... by Nobody: 12:01am On Nov 20, 2016
Tolzeal:

Make use of FTP instead of using WP dashboard.
FTP is fast and durable.

pls can u explain better what. FTP means.
Re: Webmasters...pls Help Me On My Theme... by Tolzeal(m): 12:40am On Nov 20, 2016
peenarz:

pls can u explain better what. FTP means.

FTP means File transfer Protocol... There are lots of FTP applications on the internet. The best I won't recommend is FileZilla.

Download FileZilla ... Launch it and Locate your FTP details on your Cpanel.

After you've successfully logged in , you'll see your site directory.

Just go through the directory mostly starts with public_html .

I could give your a pictorial view when I'm on Pc but basically that's all it entails bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Webmasters...pls Help Me On My Theme... by Nobody: 2:33am On Nov 20, 2016
Tolzeal:

FTP means File transfer Protocol... There are lots of FTP applications on the internet. The best I won't recommend is FileZilla.

Download FileZilla ... Launch it and Locate your FTP details on your Cpanel.

After you've successfully logged in , you'll see your site directory.

Just go through the directory mostly starts with public_html .

I could give your a pictorial view when I'm on Pc but basically that's all it entails bro

@tolzeal..thanks so much..i will give it a shot n keep u posted on d update..More power to your elbow...May GOD continue to bless U...
Re: Webmasters...pls Help Me On My Theme... by Tolzeal(m): 6:54am On Nov 20, 2016
peenarz:

@tolzeal..thanks so much..i will give it a shot n keep u posted on d update..More power to your elbow...May GOD continue to bless U...

Glad I could help smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Much Daily Traffic Do I Need To Make $1000 Monthly From Adsense / How Reliable Is Web4africa.net Hosting Server / Please Help! How Can I Receive Money From Australia In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.