Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,791 members, 7,817,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Mara - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mara (2477 Views)

Mara The Lesbian - Episode 2 (18+) / Mara The Lesbian - Episode 1 (18+only) / MRS MARA (complete Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mara by Bolanlera(f): 12:24am On Nov 16, 2016
Episode 1
You are ten weeks pregnant!
I fixed my eyes at the newly transferred gynecologist in our local clinic- Nasarawa General Hospital and my eyes dilated the more at the words that had just fallen off her mouth.
“Pregnant?” I asked again and she smiled, her well-arranged set of teeth shining at me gladly.
What was so funny about the news?
Exactly what was the cause of her smile?
“Pregnant?” I asked again, my lips shivering in naked disbelief and fear
The doctor’s smile vanished as she stood up and sat on the table before me.
“Is anything the problem madam?” she asked gently and I could only gaze at her
Everything was the problem!
Everything as a whole!
I stood up abruptly thus causing the doctor’s hands to fall off my shoulders.
“Bye” I whispered as I pulled the door handle
“Hey…Mrs…mrs…” the doctor tried to call me back.
I heard her footsteps, then the flipping of the case note I presumed and the call of my name confirmed my guesses.
“Mrs. Olowo!” she called but I had banged the door behind me.
That was my name!
Olowo!
In Yoruba, Olowo means a very affluent and well-to-do person but I was the opposite!
Totally opposite!
Affluence?…that was far from reality!
Well to do? …that was a no go area!
›››››
I got married to Adejare sixteen years ago amidst very great opposition.
I had met him in the University of Ibadan where we both attended and while he was the Class representative of our class, I was the assistant class rep.
I was popular for my really high IQ, beauty and humility and many guys really wanted my hand in marriage by the time we were graduating.
Adejare was my best friend so I notified him of the many advances from different guys and he had proven to be a good friend that had seasoned words to offer me when necessary.
Adejare knew everything about me except my family background…I told him nothing about it!
I didn’t tell him about the fact that my parents separated few months after I was born into the world;
I didn’t tell him that eventually at age five, both of my parents while on their way to the house of a pastor who sought their reconciliation were involved in a fatal accident and I became an orphan;
I didn’t tell him that I grew up in an orphanage home;
I didn’t tell him that getting into the university was due to the fact that I passed the WAEC examination with distinction and emerged in the third position in Oyo State thereby winning a scholarship which covered my tuition only;
I didn’t tell him that while in school, my feeding formula was always 0-1-0 and the only 1 there would be the rich dish of “Garrium sulphate’’ as we did call Garri in school. The addition of Kulikuli, sugar, milk, and groundnut or eja dindin- fried fish always made the difference though!
I didn’t tell him anything about my past.
I loved Adejare as my friend and never did I wanted him to know this about me.
I feared that he might forsake me when he realized that the beautiful shirts and skirts I wore to classes were the donations of churches, individuals and missionaries to the orphanage home where I was raised!
He was nothing but the son of a well to do man…even his physique said so much!
His shoes were majorly Italian!
His watches were always real gold-laced!
He even got me a very beautiful pair of YXL shoes and purse for my 2
But how long could I hold the secret back when eventually while serving in the same state- Nasarawa, he proposed to me!
And I could not say no…
…’cos I loved him too!
But it was a real tug of war when after researching about me; his parents said it was not going to be possible!
“You can never marry someone unfortunate!” Mummy Adejare blurted out immediately I finished my sad tale
“She isn’t unfortunate!” Adejare retorted, his eyes turning red
“You said she isn’t unfortunate son? How can someone’s parents be separated barely few months after the person’s birth? How?” Daddy Adejare asked, mockingly
“Oh oh! And I wonder why both parents would die same day when they had both determined to reconcile. I mean on the way to reconciliation fa!” Mummy Adejare exclaimed
“Things really do happen folks!” Adejare spat out again, obviously infuriated
“Not so spontaneously like that son!” Dad Adejare shouted too, banging the table loudly that my heart shattered into smaller pieces
“Did she kill her parents? Did she cause their separation? What is her fault?” Adejare shouted back, banging the table too in annoyance.
“This is the first time you are looking your dad up in the face. Isn’t that an indication that this girl isn’t any ordinary?” Mummy Adejare said and my already inflated heart burst out suddenly and as much as I tried to hold in my tears, they flowed as I shook with much violence.
“Daddy, I really don’t believe you could also be against love. You taught me about love. You told me that love is real and that you would support whoever I love. Is this the support dad? Is this…” Adejare cried on, his chest rising and falling as he spoke.
“Definitely, it can’t be someone this ill-fated! It can’t be someone without future, without bearing!” he almost screamed and my already shattered heart was grounded into powder!
I let out a painful shriek and ran to the door.
Adejare followed me
“If you follow that girl out of that door, I will disown you!” I heard Daddy Adejare say and I sprawled out of the room.
“You can do your worst dad! Do it!” He shouted back as he banged the door behind him.
I turned back to look at him but he was not approachable- he looked really fierce!
“Please, go inside” I said in a shaky voice
“No” he replied as he pulled my hands and we walked towards the car.
“Please don’t let’s do this. I will never be a party to enmity between a father and his son. Please go inside.” I repeated when he suddenly threw my hands away
“Who are you for exactly? Tell me. Who do you love? My dad or me?” he screamed at me and I shuddered.
What had happened to him?
He had always told me that he was the father’s pet but what happened today?
Was he disappointed that his dad could disgrace him that way?
“I love you but…” I was saying when he covered my mouth tightly.
“No but! Leave it that way. We can do it without them. Okay?” he asked in a raised voice and I could only nod
As he opened the door for me to enter, the front door of the duplex mansion opened and the dad, walking in a fast motion walked out of it.
“You are not taking that car out of this house. That is my property” he said firmly and my heart dropped.
I looked at Adejare and he blinked so hard as he fought his tears.
“I will leave everything for you” he said, retorting and the father collected the car key from him.
As he walked towards the gate, he kept on pressing his phone as if sending a message and he signaled that I followed him.
I genuflected before the parents as they gazed at me like s--t!
I was confused as to what to do?
Was I supposed to support Adejare for standing by me in times like this?
Was I to stay with the parents and tell them not to mind Adejare for being egoistic, telling them that that was his personality?
Exactly what should I do?
As he flagged down a taxi, he let out a very bloodcurdling shriek which made me to run towards him with so much speed that my shoes fell off.
He fell to the ground.
Oluwa o!
The devil is a liar!
I started panting heavily
“Ade mi, what happened? Please talk to me” I asked as I supported his back with my hands

Re: Mara by Bolanlera(f): 12:26am On Nov 16, 2016
I want you to know this life is just a small and free world,but it is full of either good or bad,happy or sad, and either you should be rich or poor,some people are born to suffer,some people are born to be great,life is just life a beating drum, what faces someone maybe what turn its back to another person, that life for you, but one need to be extral ordinary carefully.
if one doesn’t talk people will say the person is too arrogant,when you talk people say you don’t know how to talk or you don’t have manner of approach.
hmmn that is life for you.
So stay tune for MARA, though the story is not mine but I have to share it to you people in order to learn more about life.
Thanks and please don’t forget to share me up with your comment
Re: Mara by Bolanlera(f): 12:30am On Nov 16, 2016
episode 2
“He has killed me!” he exclaimed, widening his eyes in pain
“Who?” I asked so surprised
“This man I called father as killed me o! He has frozen all my accounts! No money anywhere. Ah!!” he slapped the floor many times as he pursed his lips in regret.
I checked the phone he was holding and I saw Mike’s (His friend) message.
Adejare had sent him a text to make withdrawal for him immediately he realized that his father meant the business of disowning him but before Mike who was a banker could do so, the highest powers had connived and there was a painful deal!
I shook my head
“Ade mi, you have to return home. If they agree, better. If they don’t agree eventually, that means we were never meant to be together.” I tried saying
What was happening had really sapped my strength.
“I don’t like pessimists! When did you become one? Exactly when Ogo? We can scale through this together! We can!” he said as he dusted his shirt and we were set to go
“But we can’t get married without their blessings. We really can’t Ade mi” I tried to say so he could reason with me but he didn’t seem to at all
“Who said so? No need of their curses in disguise which they surnamed blessing. Let’s go” he said as he pulled me away while my heart grew hot with uncertainty.
Was there any glimpse of hope at all?
None of his father’s friends took us in that night- they were working based on instruction was what they kept telling us.
It was both embarrassing and painful.
We left for Lalupon, a neighboring town in Oyo state and we lodged at a motel overnight.
We didn’t speak to each other
The silence between us that day was huge.
It felt really weird and I wanted us to just end the relationship!
This was not the man I knew!
What was happening to him?
Was he now seeing me as a real stumbling block?
He occasionally patted me and squeezed my shoulders in a bid to comfort me but I knew it was not going to last.
I woke up to his sobs in the middle of the night and I could only clutch at my pillow and weep too.
If he was full of regrets and all, he should go back and apologize.
He really should!
“We can wait till their hearts become touched. Apologize. I will wait for you. Thank God we are still young” I muttered silently and he shook his head.
I saw the outlines through the faint illuminations from the candlelight
“I know these people more than you! Once they have said no, nothing or nobody out there can change it! They did it for Adejide too when he refused to study Medicine and chose Fine Arts and he is actually flourishing now in Kent’s. I will flourish too!” he said with such finality that I was so certain that his choleric part had taken the most of him.
I probably would have to go to his parents’ house tomorrow to tell them I would leave their son ooo
I can’t bear this for long!
I really can’t!

episode 3 .:
“Ogooluwa, wake up” I heard his voice and I sat up immediately.
It was still dark and he was fully dressed, carrying a small bag. I was startled
“Good morning” I said and he nodded briefly.
“We have to leave now” he said and I looked at him, shocked.
“For where?” I asked
“Nasarawa” he said and I suddenly grew weary.
“What!” I exclaimed and he nodded still
“Let’s go and start our lives afresh there.” He said and I looked really baffled.
“Our loads, as in, come on, Ade mi…” I kept babbling.
It really met me suddenly and I didn’t know the right thing to say.
And that was how we left for Nasarawa state in the middle belt of Nigeria without telling anyone and with our modes of communication- Sim cards- broken!
On the way to Nasarawa again, we were involved in an accident where fire consumed all of our properties and I was so shocked as how this could happen to us.
I wept really hard as I could feel that I smelt of misfortune and ill-fate!
But my name was Ogooluwa- God’s glory!
What was wrong with me oh my good God!
With the little money we had (Thank God Adejare was wise enough to keep another account his parents knew nothing about), we secured a place to live in and it was quite comfortable since the cost of living in Nasarawa was relatively affordable.
But we were not married at all!
I didn’t allow him to touch me until he paid my dowry and until we were prayed for.
Who was he going to even pay the dowry to?
Well, I didn’t know who but I knew deep down that though I loved him, I couldn’t just give way to him like that.
We eventually went to a court of law and we were joined together as we exchanged the matrimonial vows while we hired a couple to pray for us!
Our wedding night was a night I would never forget!
Never did I envisage that everything could be like that!
The way Adejare tore at me as he rammed me was not pleasurable at all.
As I moaned in pain and bled, he didn’t care but only rode on as if I was a horse!
Oh my God!
After everything, as he walked to the bathroom, he turned back to look at me.
“You are a virgin after all” he said and tears streamed down my face.
Where is the guy I loved?
The Adejare that I gave my heart to, where is he?
I had earlier told him while we were in courtship that I wasn’t sure if I was a virgin and that he would find out when we married.
This was because while we were growing up in the orphanage home, one Mr. Sylvester who was a tutor there did teach us practically about s-x. He would be so explicit that he would make us lie on one another and then record it in his then analog camera!
I was part of the victims then and there really wasn’t anyone who we could report to because almost all the men there were promiscuous as well and the women would only laugh.
I told Adejare about this and he consoled me, saying no matter the outcome of his findings on our wedding night, he would be just fine.
But see his response now!
You are a virgin after all!
I felt like dying!
…But that was the beginning of our frustrating marital life!
TBC

episode 4 .:
I am thirty-nine years old now and our marriage would be seventeen years in three months’ time.
This news from the medical doctor would definitely spark fire when my husband comes to hear of it.
Pregnant?
After 6 children?
How did it even happen?
My husband worked with a quarry in Mararaba, near Abuja and while he lived far away, we had lived from hand to mouth.
I had presented my certificate to different educational sectors but despite my wonderful 1st class result, I had never been accepted!
Never did any of them call me back for interview- not even the budding private schools!
It was frustrating!
The only things I could do well with my hands were hairstyling, frying of chinchin and hand embroidery of clothes.
And those were the source of income for feeding the half a dozen children that I had.
The money my husband made per month was up to 50,000 but he never dropped a dime at home.
The only thing he brings back at the end of the month when he visited would not be more than Kulikuli, kilishi and masa (Corn flour cake) plus bread- sometimes!
You are ten weeks pregnant! That the doctor said was like a death sentence because, the last time my husband met with me was ten weeks ago and that was after about 2 months sexual break!
Why would pregnancy just result within that short period of time?
Why wouldn’t pregnancy visit the rich, barren wife of our Reverend in church? —probably because she is stingy!
She would come to the small stall in front of my house and start pricing my wraps of chinchin!
Uku amsin! (Three for #50)
Uku amsin!
Uku amsin!
Those were the words that come out of her mouth every time to the extent that my children had nicknamed her Mummy Uku Amsin!
Why must it be me and not her?
Not after the very stern warning from my husband that if I get pregnant again, he would throw me out.
How would I tell him?
Exactly how would I tell him that after so much period of s-x starvation, the one time he met with me was in my ovulation period and that it resulted into pregnancy?
How?
As I held my purse- the house of all the money I had in the world (#4000+) close to my chest, a car drove to my side suddenly and I outstretched my right hand, spread my palm and cursed
“Waka!” I said suddenly, very frightened
“Glory!” I heard the driver called and I knew who it was.
The only person who called me Glory was my neighbor Hasiya. Since she couldn’t pronounce Ogooluwa perfectly, I gave her the option of the English meaning- Glory!
“Hasiya, it’s you” I said, smiling faintly
“Yes it’s me. Come in” she said but she was not smiling at all.
What was the problem?
She was always smiling happily whenever she saw me but now, her face looked sad.
I turned and sat on the front seat.
“I hope there is no problem” I said, looking intently into her face.
“That would be a lie if I said so” she said as she drove off.
My heart started beating fast.
What could the problem be?
She had turned back to Kasuwa (market) side instead of going to Agwan-Biri where we lived and I wondered what was wrong.
I had the ability of maintaining my calm and dying in silence, so I was going to do same here.
I would wait till she showed me what it was!
My headache had started on a serious level!
She drove to a halt in front of one of the communication stores and she looked into my face.
She held my hands together and my anxiety heightened!
The veins at the side of my head were fighting hard to be heard and noticed.
“I saw this and I felt that if I didn’t let you see it too, it wouldn’t tell well of me” she said as she pointed at the other side of the road.
I turned to look at the direction she pointed at and lo and behold! …
It just couldn’t be true!
As my heart jumped anxiously as if to leave the cage holding it, I closed my eyes in shame and embarrassment!
“It is well Glory ko? I don’t even know what to say. Sanu….yakuri!” she begged me on, trying her utmost to console me.
The first time we spoke together was when I was seven years ago when I was in the pregnancy of my last twins and my husband kept kicking my tummy as if to put an end to the growing fetus!
She had rushed out of her gigantic mansion that midnight just to come in between the fight!
She was drawn to my beauty and that of my twins- 3 sets of twins!
She was dazed also at my spoken English and she wondered what was wrong!
Since then, whenever she had one thing or the other, she would give to me to help my children.
It was however heartbreaking that my last-born- the boy twins were seated on the ground with some ill-looking children, holding plastic plates and singing the Al-majiri song.
Al-majiri!
Al-majiri!
My own children!
Just 7 years old o!
Begging for money
I didn’t know what to do.
Was I supposed to cross the road and beat them?
Or was I supposed to turn back and go home?
Or what?
I was so stranded as to what to do!
If for real God really exists, why is this happening to me? Why has my life never been full of happiness?
Why have I always been a Mara?
Why has my portion always been bitterness?
Why?
Oh why?
TBC
Re: Mara by stardomberry: 1:42pm On Nov 20, 2016
her story is sad...waiting for more update....thank u
Re: Mara by Bolanlera(f): 6:03pm On Nov 26, 2016
episode 5 .:
I thought I still had fish in this house o!
As I bent down to rack my wooden cupboard for more pieces of dry fish to complete my Egusi soup, I felt a very sharp pain in my tummy.
“Jesus!” I exclaimed suddenly as I quickly drew a stool nearer and sat down.
What pain was that now, ehn?
I had read in one ancient book that had survived the test of time with me since secondary school- “Where there is no doctor” that whenever a pregnant woman feels any sharp pain in her tummy, she should see her doctor as it could mean a lot of things.
My eyes were so swollen as if they would jump out of their sockets!
My headache was very great!
What could be wrong with me?
Or was it the stress of the day?
The stress of knowing that I was pregnant after three sets of twins with my fate unknown as regards what my husband’s reaction to the news would be?
Or was it the embarrassment of seeing my baby boys on the Almajiri mat, singing beggars’ songs?
Or was it the stress I had undergone in transferring my anger on Taiwo?
I shook my head in sadness.
After I had seen what I saw at the market, not knowing what to do, I acted a very wise woman and smiled at my neighbor who only got bothered.
She looked scared when I smiled and even more scared when I patted her shoulder and spoke patiently.
“Thank you. Let’s go home”
She looked into my eyes again to be sure that I was very okay ‘upstairs’
“Did you know about the whole thing before?” she had asked me and I could only shake my head in the negative.
“Let’s go” I said calmly again, smiling
She turned the ignition key and there was a very thick silence in the car as went home.
“You sure you would be okay?” she asked as I alighted from her car.
“Yes. Thanks, I am grateful” I said as I walked towards the wooden door.
These children didn’t lock the padlock again, ehn!
“Mama, sanu da zoa” Taiwo, one of the eldest twins said from behind me and I turned to look back at her.
She was coming from the shop, a wrapper tied round her slim waist.
Her eyes were very red
“Is it firewood you are using?” I asked and she nodded
“The coal has finished, so I just broke the faulty stool that was in the backyard and used it to fry the chinchin” She explained and I nodded.
She was the most industrious of my children.
“Where is Kehinde?” I asked and she hit the back of her right palm in the hollow of her left palm
“I don’t know o” she said and I turned to move inside.
“What about Bola and Tola?” I asked again.
The second set of my twins could do nothing better than read.
They could read just anything so they must have gone to find something to read somewhere.
I could not afford to buy them books
“What about James and John?” I asked, trying to see if she knew about my boys’ whereabouts
She turned back to look at the shop, then she fumbled with her wrapper
“I don’t know o” she said again, hitting the back of her right palm in the hollow of her left palm again.
“You don’t know where they went to?” I asked again
“I swear to God Almighty, I don’t know” she said again, her index finger travelling from her lips to pointing to the sky.
That gave me the sure answer.
She knew about it!
Whenever my Taiwo swore, it was because she was trying to cover up some lies
“Is my shop locked?” I asked again
“Yes ma” she replied, swinging her right hand
She didn’t know what was awaiting her.
“Come inside” I said calmly again and she followed me inside the house.
I locked the door from behind and pulled her inside the room.
Despite how scanty my room was, it was always neat.
I never condoned any form of dirtiness.
“Mama, what did I do?” she asked as I pulled her in
“Just kneel down there” I said as I dropped my purse on the bed and climbed a plastic chair to pick the koboko I had hid on one of the planks supporting the roof.
I had begged one of my customers who was a teacher to get me one koboko and she gave it to me as she passed in front of my shop last week. I had hid it carefully because if my children should see it, they would have thrown it away.
“Mummy, truth to God, I don’t know where they went to” she started crying
She just gave me more reasons to know she was the one.
I jumped down from the plastic chair and with no restriction, I started beating her.
“By the time I take breath from your mouth, you would know that your mum hates lies” I started as I readjusted the mouth of the koboko
“Mummy, they told me they were going to Kasuwa” she said
She had started confessing
Let me increase the tempo of the beating…she has to confess
Taiwo of all people!
“I told them not to go o mummy” she said again, tears cascading down her face.
I landed two clean slaps on her face.
Why lie?
As she increased the gear of her crying, I pinched her tightly.
She screamed
“If you don’t keep quiet!” I whispered quietly
I don’t really beat my children that hard but I was mad!
Mad that my children- the youngest of them all could embarrass me
Mad that my most industrious daughter could know about the dirty engagement of her brothers in that dirty business
-And she could still lie that she didn’t know!
I threw the koboko away and pulled her by the ears to myself as I sat on the bed.
“Where did James and John go to?” I asked again
She sniffed wetly
“Mummy, they said they were going to Kasuwa” she said

episode 6 .:
“And you told them not to go?” I asked
“Yes ma” she said and I slapped her again
She held her face as she wept out loudly again
“What does your mother hate most?” I asked
“Lies” she replied amidst her tears
“What did they go and do in the market?” I asked and as she wiped her tears, sniffing and reluctant to talk, I broke down into tears
“Why Taiwo? What have I done to deserve this? What have I done to deserve all these Taiwo?” I cried out the more and though she still sniffed wetly, she stopped crying
I had never cried before my children before!
Never!
She must have been shocked
I was shocked myself…I didn’t plan it.
I was just so overwhelmed by so many thoughts that the best thing for me to do was to cry.
“I try my best to give you everything needed. You are growing now and little proceeds from my business, I use to buy you fine dresses. The wrappers I have now are the ones I had been using over five years ago but I have been giving you almost all you need. You might not be comparable to all kids, but am I not trying?” I asked
It was meant to be a rhetorical question but she answered
“You are trying ma” she said
“So, why Taiwo? Why would you send your brothers to Kasuwa to beg for alms? Why?” tears ran down my face
“I am sorry mum. WAEC registration closes tomorrow and I was not able to tell you since I know you had nothing. I was crying today as you went out when James and John asked me why. I told them and the next moment they told me they were going to the market for Almajiri. I told them not to go but eventually, I allowed them to go” she confessed and my heart got swollen up.
“WAEC Registration closes tomorrow?” I asked again.
“Yes ma”
“So, your brothers volunteered to beg for alms to raise WAEC fee? How would they raise enough for both of you? How? #28,000 isn’t small o”
My head had started pounding
“Kehinde already has her own money.” She said and my eyes opened in shock
“How? Who gave her?” I asked again
“Benjamin” she replied
“Who is Benjamin?” I asked again
“Her classmate’s brother” she said again, fumbling with her wrapper.
“A boy or a girl?” I asked again, foolishly.
My head couldn’t just compute all I was hearing
“A boy ma” she replied
“Her boyfriend?” I asked again. Taiwo avoided my face and my heart dropped.
I am in serious soup!
“Answer me nah” I almost screamed
“They are just friends ma. That was what she told me” she said
I was tired of beating her
“What did she do that made him give her that much? Tell me the truth ehn, I won’t beat you” I promised as my heartburn increasing.
“Mummy,..” she was reluctant
“Just tell me” I said again.
“He met us on the way and we were crying. He said we should come and I said no. Kehinde went to meet him”
“Jesu!” I exclaimed, loudly, holding my chest in anguish
“He said he was Benjamin’s brother and Kehinde and him became friends. He said we should not cry that he would give us the money. I said no thank you and he said what about you Kehinde and she said she must go to the university, so she agreed”
She swallowed as she looked at the floor, ashamed to look into my face.
“So?” I wanted a complete story.
“Yesterday, we went to his shop”
“Where?” I cut in
“In Tammah. He sells motor parts” she explained
“Mo ti gbe” I pulled at my hair
“So?”
“He said he would touch Kehinde’s chest before he gives the money. The two chests” she said and my eyes widened
“Chest? Two chests ke? You mean b-----s?” I asked and she looked down
“Answer me” I slapped her, my heart thumping hard
“Yes” she answered
“Then, he gave her the money?” I asked again
“Yes. He gave her #10,000 and said she should come back for the remaining today”
“And she has gone?” I asked and she nodded
“Then you said you didn’t know where she went to. Ah, mo ti daran o Jesu!” I scratched my head as I cried the more
She started crying too.
“Would you get out of this room this instant?” I screamed hard and she ran out hurriedly.
I fell to the ground and cried hard.
“Ah ah ah ah, ah! Jesu! Ah ah God of mercy!” I cried so hard.
I never imagined bringing up my children this way.
I knelt before my bed and cried so heavily till my eyes could produce no more tears.
››››››
“Where are the mushrooms?” I called out.
“I am coming ma” Taiwo responded and she brought in a bowlful of them.
There was no more fish in the cabinet so, these ones would suffice …I discovered them as I spread my clothes outside yesterday.
As I dropped the last piece in the already frying Egusi, someone pulled at my wrapper
James!
James the beggar!
“Take your dirty hands off my body jhur” I shouted at him
He laughed, the wide gap in front of his teeth showing glaringly.
“Mummy, many people gave us plenty monies” he said, happily.
“Leave my side now!” I screamed and the pain in my head tummy and eyes increased.
What would I do from here?
Exactly where should I go?
Who should I tell?
“Taiwo, come and make the Eba o.” I shouted
“Mummy, no garri o” she replied
“Go and buy one module from Matan Mallam o”
“Mummy, money nko?” she asked again
“Come and carry it from my head, stupid girl” I was angry and if it was not curbed, I would run mad
“Go and take money from the safe o. If she says the garri is #110, tell her its #100 your mother gave you o. if you buy anything more than #100, I will beat the hell out of you” I said as I entered my room to sleep- if I could get some!
Re: Mara by Bolanlera(f): 6:07pm On Nov 26, 2016
episode 7 .:
I felt nauseous immediately I smelt the fresh fish Adejare said I should help him to prepare some fish sauce.
I felt reluctant to prepare it but who else would have done it? Taiwo and Kehinde wouldn’t be able to make it well.
It had been four weeks now that I realized I was pregnant and it was this week that he came back home from Abuja after such a long time.
As I filleted the fish and introduced them into the sauce on fish, the scarf I had used to cover my mouth couldn’t suffice as the smell gushed into my nose.
I ran to the toilet and started vomiting into the pit latrine!
“Are you pregnant?” I heard that voice so clear and sound
Adejare!
How did he know?
Was he following me?
I had taken measures to ensure that I wouldn’t be loud and it amazed me how he knew.
My hair on my body stood up straight
“Are you pregnant, I ask!” he thundered again
I cleaned my mouth with the end of my wrapper and looked at him
“Yes” I said silently
He laughed devilishly as he came close to me.
He felt my neck and I was shocked.
I had expected something more violent
“You are pregnant” he said calmly and I nodded
“You are mad!” he shouted suddenly as he pushed me down to the floor with his right knee.
I fell right on my vomitus and he started raining punches on me.
“Die! Die! Die!” he continued to shout as he rained blows on me.
“Adejare jo nitori olorun o. Die as how?” I cried out in anguish
“You are an ill-luck! Why would my life have such downturn just because of you. Pregnancy again!” he slapped me on.
I gave in to his beating but guided my tummy which was his center of attack with my hands.
Suddenly, he screamed!
I opened my eyes and there looking like a possessed lady was Taiwo digging her teeth into his thigh.
“What!” he exclaimed on, obviously shocked
Just as I was too!
He started raining slaps on her and I stood up suddenly to interfere.
“Adejare, this girl is nothing but a very naïve young girl. Leave her alone!” I cried out and he growled, fixing his eyes on me like a beast.
“You are turning the backs of my children against me right?” he screamed as he pulled me by the hair and dragged me inside the house.
James and John had started crying.
“You have to remove this nonsense you placed in there. I have nothing to do with it. It has to die!”
I tried to find my voice.
What arrant nonsense is this guy saying?
I was the one that was supposed to take it personal that I had gotten pregnant.
“But, I don’t know why you are getting angry” I said at last and he looked at me, his mouth suspended
“You don’t know why?” he asked again, his hands tightened round my hair
“Of course. I pay the PTA Levy of the children, clothe them, feed them, act as the father and the mother and then another one is here- an additional responsibility.
Wasn’t I so supposed to be angry that I would even commit suicide?” I spoke in a very shaky voice and he was obviously shocked.
I had never looked up into his face to respond to him whenever he beat me.
“The reason why I, Adejare Olowo am getting angry is because I wonder how on earth I became entangled with a beautiful for nothing empty barrel that had overtime been the cause of my misfortune in life. I can’t imagine me living this kind of life but that is what happens when you get married to a cursed individual!” he spat the words into my face.
“Adejare, the children are watching and you are…” I broke down into tears.
One mistake I never made in my marriage was telling my children how irresponsible their father was.
I never did!
I covered him up whenever they spoke ill of him
But see him now.
Tears cascaded my face and I shook my head in a frustrating manner
“Your mother is cursed! She killed her parents, leaved in the orphanage all her life, I picked her up from the miry clay and all she could do was separate me from my own parents as well, making my life miserable, bearing children that took after her witchy lifestyle. Her name is Glory but she is a shame!” he screamed that so loudly that I felt nauseous again.
As I started to hold my tummy in a bid to start vomiting again, he picked me up with a single hand and kicked me hard in my tummy.
I fell out through the door, let out a very ear-piercing cry and there was a great darkness!
TBCepisode 7 .:
I felt nauseous immediately I smelt the fresh fish Adejare said I should help him to prepare some fish sauce.
I felt reluctant to prepare it but who else would have done it? Taiwo and Kehinde wouldn’t be able to make it well.
It had been four weeks now that I realized I was pregnant and it was this week that he came back home from Abuja after such a long time.
As I filleted the fish and introduced them into the sauce on fish, the scarf I had used to cover my mouth couldn’t suffice as the smell gushed into my nose.
Adejare!
How did he know?
Was he following me?
I had taken measures to ensure that I wouldn’t be loud and it amazed me how he knew.
“Yes” I said silently
“You are mad!” he shouted suddenly as he pushed me down to the floor with his right knee.
“You are an ill-luck! Why would my life have such downturn just because of you. Pregnancy again!” he slapped me on.
I gave in to his beating but guided my tummy which was his center of attack with my hands.
Suddenly, he screamed!
I opened my eyes and there looking like a possessed lady was Taiwo digging her teeth into his thigh.
Just as I was too!
“Adejare, this girl is nothing but a very naïve young girl. Leave her alone!” I cried out and he growled, fixing his eyes on me like a beast.
“You are turning the backs of my children against me right?” he screamed as he pulled me by the hair and dragged me inside the house.
“You have to remove this nonsense you placed in there. I have nothing to do with it. It has to die!”
“But, I don’t know why you are getting angry” I said at last and he looked at me, his mouth suspended
“Of course. I pay the PTA Levy of the children, clothe them, feed them, act as the father and the mother and then another one is here- an additional responsibility.
Wasn’t I so supposed to be angry that I would even commit suicide?” I spoke in a very shaky voice and he was obviously shocked.
“The reason why I, Adejare Olowo am getting angry is because I wonder how on earth I became entangled with a beautiful for nothing empty barrel that had overtime been the cause of my misfortune in life. I can’t imagine me living this kind of life but that is what happens when you get married to a cursed individual!” he spat the words into my face.
One mistake I never made in my marriage was telling my children how irresponsible their father was.
I never did!
But see him now.
“Your mother is cursed! She killed her parents, leaved in the orphanage all her life, I picked her up from the miry clay and all she could do was separate me from my own parents as well, making my life miserable, bearing children that took after her witchy lifestyle. Her name is Glory but she is a shame!” he screamed that so loudly that I felt nauseous again.
As I started to hold my tummy in a bid to start vomiting again, he picked me up with a single hand and kicked me hard in my tummy.
I fell out through the door, let out a very ear-piercing cry and there was a great darkness!
TBC
episode 7 .:
Adejare!
How did he know?
Was he following me?
“Yes” I said silently
Suddenly, he screamed!
Just as I was too!
I never did!
But see him now.
TBC

episode 8 .:
my doctor’s point of view:
I adjusted the intravenous lines and looked at my patient.
She looked so blue!
What is it about this woman oh Lord that she would be going through turbulent times all in the name of marriage?
Exactly what was wrong?
What I didn’t understand well was how a man who had for countless number of times had sleepless nights because of a lady would turn her into a punching bag shortly after saying ‘yes’
If this was what marriage entailed, I’d rather just stay single and happy for my Father in heaven.
I moved to the table to check her case note for her name and I saw it so clearly ‘Glory Olowo’
Darkness seemed to hang in the air.
I sensed there was absolutely something wrong.
All I see whenever that woman entered into my office was darkness.
Darkness was what filled her eyes
She breathes out darkness.
I wonder what it was but I felt so pulled to her side whenever she came by.
Why would I be pulled to darkness?
There must be something interesting about her that I had not unraveled yet.
And it is time to do so.
She had not recovered from her shock yet and it was long over three weeks now.
It was very painful that her husband wanted the baby dead!
What some are looking for badly!
I took her hands and she shook a bit as if a cold chill ran through her spines
“Lord Jesus, thank you for this lady. I know nothing about her but if I could be of help, use me because I can smell a rat as regards her. Something is definitely wrong oh Lord!”
I walked to the window side and drew the curtains. I opened the louvers and moved from one corner of the room to the other.
“I plead the blood of Jesus!” I repeated all of over and over again as I moved from one place to the other.
She moved a hand and I smiled
Something was just so fishy!
“Father, Your word says that the stranger shall be afraid and shall with fear come out of their hidden closets. Every stranger here, I command you to hear the voice of the Lord, leave in Jesus’ name.” I prayed loudly.
I was so lucky that no other patient was in the ward with her so I could pray loudly.
“Are you not afraid?” something told me from somewhere that I could not even decipher
I laughed
“Afraid? Not at all. For the Lord God will help me, therefore shall I not be confounded, therefore have I set my face like a flint and I know that I shall not be afraid” I said boldly
In my ten years of practicing gynecology, I had seen a lot of diabolical displays of dark powers
A little wonder most medical personnel rely on one or more powers.
But I had chosen the greatest power of all!
The power of Jesus!
She sneezed for three good times
And darkness I saw again!
I looked up at her as she rubbed her face and attempted to sit up.
I paused.
She flinched as she sat up and returned to her sleeping position, breathing hard
“Good morning Mrs. Olowo.”
She looked at my side and looked away
“Good morning” she said curtly
“You might have difficulty in sitting up for a while. You have bruises on your tummy, waist and pelvic so you will manage to still be okay”
“Thank you” she said as tears ran down her face.
She looked so weak
“What about the baby?” she asked and I looked at her intently the more
She looked pitiful
“Your baby is growing Mrs. Olowo” I said and she sighed deeply
“What about my husband?” she asked and I smiled
“He should be fine although we have not seen him since you were rushed in here about a month ago” I tried to say as I calmly as I could
She shook her head weakly
“Ok.” She said again
But she was not looking into my face- at all!
“Mrs. Olowo, are you a Christian?” I asked and she nodded in the affirmative
“Are you born again?” I asked again and she nodded
“I attend The Believers’ Gospel Church”
I smiled
“Church going is different from being born again. By being born again, there are some things you wouldn’t be doing which you used to do before. Do you insult?” I asked and she smiled
“Is it possible not to insult?” she smiled and I smiled too as I held her hands
She tried to get her hands off mine but I insisted
“You don’t like looking into my face whenever you are speaking to me. Why?” I asked
She shook her head
“I look into your face” she said and I smiled
“Ok, look into my face now” I said and she tried but squinting, she looked away again
“It’s kinda painful. The ray of sunlight is disturbing my eyes” she said and I looked through the window panes
There was no sunlight- it was still very early in the morning.
I moved to the other side of the ward
“Look at me now, the rays should be gone” I said but she shook her head more vigorously.
“It’s even more” she said and I walked towards her.
“Would you love to tell me about you?”
“No!” she replied bluntly
“Ok. But are you into any occult group?” I asked so plainly and she looked into my eyes, squinting
She looked flabbergasted
“What are you saying?” she asked and I patted her back
“It was just a question madam. I don’t appreciate everything you are passing through” I replied, calmly
She shook her head as fresh tears flowed.
“I am not a cultist, neither am I a witch. I am just a woman of many sorrows and I don’t appreciate anyone prying into my privacy”
“I am sorry if that is the way you feel madam but I am just your friend”
“Ba na so” she said in Hausa meaning she didn’t like the idea one bit.
She was obviously disappointed in me
I had to win back her trust so we could get to the root of the matter.
There is no smoke without fire
There is no problem we go through without a reason for it- either good reasons or the bad one-
Either man-induced or Divinely-arranged!
I gave her a very large smile and held her hands again
“Ina so n ki sose” I said and gave her a very large smile
She didn’t reciprocate.
My heart suddenly yearned for her as tears rolled down her face
“You think I am weird too?” she asked and I smirked
“No. I think you are interesting and really amazing.” I said and her face glistened
“Then, why have I never had a moment of happiness, ever!”
My heart broke
“It’s about starting” I said and she looked at me questionably
“Really?”
“Really!” I nodded and bent over her on the bed in a bid to hug her.
She put her hands round me too though being careful of her intravenous line.
Oh Lord!
I had a mixed feeling- I felt a very huge darkness yet my heart opened and yearned for her.
As we disengaged from the hug and I placed her right hand by her side, I saw the cause-
The cause of the darkness I felt.
I held her right hand and studied it well.
“What are these?” I asked her and she withdrew her hand from me.
“I don’t know” she said and I sat down
“Of course you do. How many are those?” I asked again and she looked at me, really baffled
“Why do you care to know?”
Because that might just be the path to tread to your deliverance woman!
TBC
Re: Mara by Bolanlera(f): 6:08pm On Nov 26, 2016
please your comment is needed don't Lt me blame myslf for posting dis
Re: Mara by odusberry(f): 7:37pm On Nov 27, 2016
ur story is wonderful,pls continue
Re: Mara by Gloria007(f): 8:38pm On Nov 28, 2016
Continue dear..very touching story
Re: Mara by Bolanlera(f): 9:13pm On Dec 08, 2016
episode 9 .:
my doctor p.o.v still continue:
I watched as her lips danced on…
The short, curly strands of hair at the sides of her face looked beautiful as thin streams of sweat cascaded down her face.
“These are incisions” she said, softly and I smiled
“As if I knew” I said in my heart
I held her back and patted her.
“It’s going to be alright my dear sister. It takes the revelation of the problem to proffer solutions to it. Since God has shown us what it is, then we already know the battle we are fighting” I explained.
I had been a victim of incisions and I knew just how to face it.
It’s nothing but through God’s divine power.
Before I gave my life to Jesus, I had a disease called epilepsy and this had really caused me many valuables plus disgrace in the public place.
I remembered when I was still at the college when a guy who had been a very close friend proposed to me jokingly and while we smiled over it, he had pushed me with the tip of a finger and the disgrace came again!
I started gasping
I fell to the ground with a thud!
I started foaming
Because of this experience, Amos, my very good friend deserted me.
I lost my family, I lost Amos my b---m friend, I was really being stigmatized and I was almost giving up.
Then, one day, my mother called me suddenly, asked me to get into her ‘cabu-cabu’ car and off she drove me to one mud house in her village.
I thought it was a joke until I was given something greenish to drink and before I knew it, I was asleep.
By the time I woke up, it was so brutal, what had happened to me.
My long, dark hair was gone- my head was scraped clean!
My hands peppered from the cuts of incisions- 21 on my right hand, 21 on the left hand, 14 on my forehead, and 14 behind my neck.
I couldn’t weep that day as I felt the frustration that my mum felt that could have made her do such to me.
She apologized as she wept that she just had to save me from the disease that ravaged me then.
And it worked!
…or it looked like it worked!
Until five months later when the problem returned with full force.
If the ailment lasted for 22 hours before the ‘traditional operation’ was carried on me, it increased to about 50 hours.
That was when I realized that it is only when God gives gift to a man that he adds no sorrow to it.
The devil gives you a single thing then he takes about an hundred things from you in return!
I met Jesus when I attended a crusade and I gave my life to Jesus.
“Mrs. Olowo, I can relate to what you are going through as well. Check my body well and you would see quite a number of incisions in there.” I started
Her eyes widened
“Really! Even doctors believe in traditional powers?” she asked so surprised
I smiled
“Well, I got the incisions before I gave my life to Jesus and I really did regret it” I said, surveying her face for her reaction
“You regret it? Isn’t it supposed to be the reason why you are still hale and hearty? Isn’t it why your work is going on well with no issue?” she spoke on naively, looking at me as if I was the weird one
“But what about you? Are the incisions working for you? If they are, why are you finding it difficult to do certain things? Why?” I asked and her enthusiasm died a bit
“Well…” she said and observed a very long pause
“The truth is this my dear sister, the devil gives no man anything good” I said firmly and she shook her head
“Of course I know. But I am alive only because I am well secured and safe through the powers imputed in me. If not for the incisions and all, my case would have been a no no!” She explained, so sure of her conviction.
I shook my head
Oh what blindness!
“So, what of Jesus? Where is the power he promised? Is he not able to save or deliver? Is that what you are saying? That Jesus is powerless?” I bombarded her with the seemingly millions of questions
She gripped my arm suddenly and squeezed it
“I didn’t say that” she said
“So, what were you saying? Explain in clear terms” I so hated it when my Lord and Savior is being underrated by anyone because He had so done marvelous things for me.
“You had incisions too. Why?” she asked, pouting her mouth in argument
I cleared my throat
I was ready to fight this to the end
God’s name must be glorified
“It was because of Epilepsy”
She smiled
“And it did stop after the traditional intervention, didn’t it?” she smiled as if she had won the case.
I was interested in the point she was driving at so, I nodded
“Oh yes, it did stop!” I said and she smiled widely, clapping her hands together
“God isn’t as strict as we have painted him to be. In fact, the Bible says, heaven helps those who help themselves…”
Misquote of the scriptures, oh God!
“My doctor, God seems slow sometimes. Where you expect him to act, he wouldn’t act but when you do not expect him to act, that’s when he would act. So, we have to consult the gods while still worshipping God because they are just like messengers to him” she killed it all.
TBC
Re: Mara by Bolanlera(f): 9:19pm On Dec 08, 2016
episode 10 .:
We had fed this woman with these gibberish she had been vomiting oh God!
God, your daughter needs real refurbishing!
“Mrs. Olowo, I beg your pardon but your perspective about God is so wrong! One, no Bible says heaven helps those who help themselves, it had just been adopted for use by many people trying to avert the right spiritual course they are supposed to take. Two, God isn’t slow! Mrs. Olowo, He is merciful! He loves! He cares! He might appear slow but no, God’s time isn’t Ours’ and His’ is always the best time. If you trust him wholly, forget sister, He is never too late!”
I just couldn’t say much.
My heart panted so hard.
“So, how did he not save you when you fell into your fits of epilepsy?
Why was it that some incisions on parts of your body, done in the names of the gods healed you? Why?”
“I didn’t complete the statement the other time ma’am. The epilepsy stopped when I was taken to the traditionalist but it didn’t last! The devil never gives something that would last! The problem I had was epilepsy and by the time in came back after about 3 months later, it added real convulsion, rheumatism, blood vomiting and many more” I explained and she looked disgusted
“God of mercy!” she exclaimed, holding her chest firmly.
I was happy that that one hit her with a bang.
“But it took just a touch of His garment, the touch of faith and Jesus took them all away”
“Hmmm…but what happened to the incisions on your body?” she asked and I smiled as I relived it all.
After Jesus had healed me and I had become born again, I started having series of dreams, different masquerades pursuing me in the dream, different masked guys sleeping with me in turns; I saw myself carrying white calabash on my head and my body covered in white!
It was a scary thing!
I did wake up every day then with a start, panting, sweating and very scared.
I was so confused
Was this how it would feel at first after giving one’s life to Jesus?
“After months of tormenting dreams, I spoke out to my pastor who quickly sent for two deliverance ministers after listening to my story. They set to pray for me and see me vomiting different substances. The greenish thing I was made to drink at that time, I vomited too, a ring was vomited too and it was really a tug of war as everything done against me through those incisions were nullified and destroyed.”
“So, there are specially meaning attached to incisions?” she asked and I nodded
“You are right ma’am”
She gasped
“Do I also need deliverance?” she asked
“Yes you definitely need one. But you definitely need a man of God who has really been called of God because if a fake one lays his hand on you, it’s as good as proclaiming death sentence on you.” I said and she nodded
“Would you get me a pastor?”
“Yes. I would bring him tomorrow”
“That would be so nice of you.”
“You are welcome”
“Thank you for talking to me like this o. I am so grateful”
I smiled as I looked into her face.
I was supposed to have peace that her victory was near but no!
I felt as if I had not been able to even get to the root of the problem.
What else is the issue oh Lord?
I held her hand to pray with her and an electric current surged through my veins.
She smiled at me
…and I reciprocated in a very weird way ever!
“I will see you later. Let me go and attend to the other patients”
>>It Continues Still<<<
Re: Mara by Bolanlera(f): 9:20pm On Dec 08, 2016
episode 11 .:
There was a knock at the door and a tall, slim, teenage and two small boys came in with a basket and a polythene bag.
“Good morning doctor” the girl greeted me in an almost sweet manner
“Morning dearest. How are you?” I replied
“I am fine ma” she replied
The two boys went and positioned themselves at the sides of the bed.
Glory smiled
“These are my children.” She said and I smiled
“They are very lovely” I said
“If you say so” she replied, bluntly
“I am very serious now. Your children are lovely, loveable and good looking”
I said and she winked at me
“Stop it” she whispered, trying to shush me up
I was dazed
“What’s your name lovely?” I faced her daughter and she looked down, fumbling at her dress.
“Taiwo” she said and I held her shoulder, pressing them softly.
She cringed
But I smiled
“Taiwo, please go out with your brothers while I discuss with mummy” I said and they obliged
I went close to Mrs. Olowo
“Why were you trying to stop me from talking?” I asked and she looked offended a bit
“I don’t like the way you were praising them in their presence. It is very wrong!” she said, closing her eyes to everything I would have said to defend myself
I smiled and tried to hold her hands
“When you praise the children especially young girls, they tend to become very arrogant and then they become immoral” she said and I practically laughed
“No wonder!” I said and she looked at me, her forehead wrinkled because of the frown on her face.
“What?”
“She winced at my touch,
embarrassed by my compliments of her body and oh…no wonder!” I exclaimed again.
I just wondered where some mothers get their orientations from about the girl-child upbringing
“So what?” she asked
“What you don’t know is that if you don’t tell her now, she would have people to tell her out there. The guys you are trying to shield her from would be the same people who would tell them about things in their bodies they had never even known about their bodies” I explained and she could only look on
“Hmmmm” she said, not so convinced
The door opened
“Dr. Flora, the Consultant wants to see you now” a nurse came to inform me
“Thanks Ennie” I said to her and smiling, she left.
“I think your kids have brought you some food. Try to eat. I will see you later.”
As I left the ward, her children entered and the door was closed.
I was tempted to go close to the door again and eavesdrop.
“What food is here?” she asked
“Rice, pepper sauce and goat meat. There is pap and moin-moin too” the daughter said and I was bemused
I thought she was supposed to be poor
“Inside the nylon her is cotton wool, more cannulas, syringes and tissue papers. She said she would see you in the evening” the daughter explained on
Oh, someone was helping!
“This Mrs. Hasiya o! Oh my God! What can I say to her but that you bless her for me? What else oh Lord?” she said, faintly
“She even gave us Semovita and Ogbonno Soup last night. Mummy Uku Amsin still came yesterday” she said and I heard a long hiss
“What was she looking for? Only looking for how members would fill their churches and not concerned about her welfare. I hate those kinds of Christians”
“She wanted to buy chinchin as usual” Taiwo said and the small boys laughed
“I wonder why some Christians find it difficult to help their so called brethren when they cant be there for them in times of need, especially the rich ones! Ah! People of other religions are doing better than them any time, any day!” Mrs. Olowo said again, somehow pained
My heart was crushed!
I was as guilty of what they were saying as much as the Rev. Mummy.
Most times we are carried away by winning souls and getting people free from some vices while we neglect their physical needs. What they need to make their faith grow!
God have mercy!
“God will bless her for me. When I had nowhere to go to for your NECO exams fee, she came in and paid it all. If not, that is how Kehinde would have disgraced me totally. Did she even return the money to the guy?” I heard her ask
“She said she did”
“But did she?” I heard her mummy ask, raising her voice
“No. she bought a new phone” I heard her say silently and I smiled
That should be expected!
As I straightened to start going, the nurse ran towards me again.
“Madam, there is an emergency.”
I followed immediately and set to work immediately.
“Why would you attempt abortion with a hanger for goodness’ sake” I said as I sanitized my hands
I never imagined that I would do any surgical operation that day but I just finished one almost life threatening one
……..
“I told her not to abort it o but I was shocked when she suddenly started bleeding in my shop this evening” a young guy with a hairstyle like agama lizard said
TBC

episode 12 .:
I looked at him
“Are you the one responsible for the pregnancy?” I asked and he nodded
“She is my girlfriend”
“So, why did you get her pregnant?” I asked and he looked at me as if I was the most absurd person on earth
“I love her. She is my girlfriend. How do I show her love if not through this?”
I shook my head
“And who says that having s-x with a lady means showing her love? If you love her, you would go and asked for her hand in marriage form her parents. You are very wrong!” I said forcefully and the boy smiled
“She loves it too. Even if I don’t touch her, she would come close to me, just for me to touch her” he said and I shuddered
“Who are your parents, they need to be informed about your condition” I said and the girl raised her head.
“No ma. Don’t tell them. I will go home with Haruna. He is my husband” she said and I was shocked
“You love this person over your parents?”
“Yes. He is the only person that loves me in the whole wide world. He sees the good in every part of me” she explained, gasping for air.
“That he says that to you does not mean he loves you. It could be lust.” I said and she shook her head.
“I prefer the expressed lust he has to the unexpressed love my parents say they have towards me” she said again and I simply shook my head
“What is your name?” I asked
“Kehinde” she replied
“Surname?” I asked again
“Olowo” she replied again
And my tightened muscles loosened as my mouth caved into a small, perfect ‘O’!
“Did you go into any blood covenant?” that was the first question the pastor asked as he set his eyes on her
I smiled
Even I was becoming a prophetess!
I knew it was nothing but blood covenant!
“Sir, she had some incisions done on her”
It was then I realized that I had not even asked when she got the incisions and how
“Yes. The incisions are obvious and her parents had the incisions done on her body from birth in order to dedicate her to their family gods even though they were Christians at that time. Right?” the pastor asked
And she nodded
“I read it from my mum’s diary that I was dedicated to Olunlu, the god of Ilan, my village”
“Your mum kept a diary? She was learned?” I asked and she nodded
“They called you Glory but from birth, your portion had been shame.” The pastor revealed and I watched
I would reach that level one day too!
I didn’t tell the pastor anything about this woman so how he got to know was so wonderful to me.
“In accordance with the injunction of the herbalist, you were carried nakedly around the market square for 21 days after your birth to wade off evil and that was when the glory departed” the pastor narrated on.
He hadn’t even held her hands to pray for her o
But everything he said was true as she nodded amazingly to the words of the pastor.
“This is wonderful! God still exists o! Real men of God are alive” she exclaimed.
“You are right about what you just said but don’t be carried away by words of revelations and discernment as some false prophets can actually replicate that. Just know in your heart that God is alive and it shall be well despite the influx of many false prophets”
“Hmmm…this is wonderful! I am stirred” she exclaimed, looking intently at his face in awe.
“But, there is more to all that is happening to you. The incisions are the genesis of the problem but the Spirit of the Lord is telling me that there is more to it.” He said
“What?” she asked
“I am not being told. It is being held from me by the Lord.” He said
“Ah! What could it be?” she asked, so seriously
“I thought as much. I felt it deep in my spirit that something else still hangs in the air” I said too.
“Yes…something like Blood…I see blood!” the pastor said and we looked at one another questionably
“Your deliverance hangs onto your confession…if you could but confess”
“Blood?I have never killed anybody in my life o….not even an unborn baby” she said, tears gathering in her eyes.
“Just think deeply if you have been involved in some bloody transaction like that…” The pastor urged on
Was the case becoming pathetic?
Her daughter lay on the bed in the adjacent ward recuperating from a dangerous abortion attempt.
Another revelation of ‘Blood’ has resurfaced
God, please intervene oo
>>>It Continues still<<<
Re: Mara by Bolanlera(f): 9:21pm On Dec 08, 2016
episode 13 .:
It was relived in the lenses of my brain and eyes as if it was a digital movie shown on a LCD television!
——
I sat on the gossip chair in front of the girls’ hostel where I was a serving corps’ member, pressing my runner-band supported handset. I was getting furious because I was kept waiting for long.
“Where are you for goodness’ sake?” I typed
I was almost getting mad!
I am a woman for Christ’s sake and I shouldn’t be kept waiting for long for one d--n man from wherever!
I love him…oh yes I do!
But it’s sunny
It was so scorching that it felt like I would have tanned greatly.
Adejare had told me to leave my hostel very hurriedly and I had been very scared of what could have been wrong.
I left the tray of groundnut I had just peeled and was blowing to take garri and I quickly wore a very long, fitting gown.
I stepped into flat slippers and jumped out.
To my dismay, forty minutes after the ‘pajawiri’ call, he was nowhere in view!
There was no reply, though the message marked ‘read’
My heart started beating and I became really vexed.
If I had checked the mirror, my eyes would be so red
Exactly how was I supposed to feel?
Sad?
Scared?
Solemn?
Uncertain?
How was I supposed to feel?
…but I felt angry.
In our years of friendship, we had always kept to time, keeping no one in suspense.
——–
I stood up and turned towards my hostel.
‘If he called later, I might not come out o’…I thought to myself
I turned to look round again to be sure he wasn’t near.
There was no sign of him, so I started walking away angrily.
—–
As I placed my right leg on the first stair case, I felt a warm hand on my shoulders.
I turned around fiercely.
It was a guy’s hand and I wondered who had the audacity to touch my shoulders.
It was Jare!
I tried my best to hide my anger but no!
“What sort of a thing is this? Were you kinda playing some games with me? Jare, you should know me better. Excuse me” I said and started mounting the stairs
He followed me
He was not panting
That only meant, he had not run.
If he had run to catch up with his fiancée sitting under the sun and who had waited for him for the past 40 minutes, he would be panting like a deer now.
It meant he had been quite around for some time, watching and waiting to see the level of my perseverance.
Jare shouldn’t be the one doing that to me.
I hate those kinds of tests, abeg!
“I am sorry dear” he said calmly
…and it worked
Magically….as it always did!
I stopped in my tracks
I was still backing him.
“What?” I asked angrily.
“Sorry for wasting your time” he said coolly.
I felt guilty and turned to look into his face.
There, in front of my face was a very big bowl of ice cream scoop.
I held my breath
“Are you for real?” I exclaimed loudly, smile erupting my face
He came closer to me and covered my mouth
“Bush girl, don’t embarrass me jhur” he said sweetly into my ears
And I blushed!
I loved it when he called me bush girl!
Weirdo me!
But wasn’t I really a bumpkin?
The last time I saw this very large bowl of Ice-cream at Shoprite, I went to check the price and so clearly, it was embolden on the cover ‘N2, 500’
Where was I supposed to get that from?
But here it was on a platter of gold!
He took his hand off my mouth and I smiled sweetly at him.
“This is so sweet of you” I said and he smiled too
“Let’s leave this place for the shade over there” he said as he pulled me gently back to the gossip chair.
As we sat down, his eyes were steadfastly set on my face and I looked away
“What is the problem?” I asked
He sat beside me
“What would Gun Jun Pyo have done if he were to be the one waiting?” he asked and my eyes shone brightly
“You watched Boys Over Flowers?” I asked so astonishingly, beaming with smiles
He smiled too as he shook the head
“If I didn’t watch it, you said you would withdraw your ‘yes’ nah and I didn’t want to lose my all round beautiful angel!” he said and I blushed with excitement
“You won’t kill me Adejare!” I said softly and he pressed my right palm sweetly.
I watched the Korean movie on my roommate’s laptop and I loved it so much that I had pestered and threatened that he must watch it.
But he had always had one or two things to criticize about the movie which I always fought him about.
The language irritated him but that sent cool chills down my own spines whenever I watched.
Talking about the main character now (Gun Ju Pyo) showed how much he cherished my interest and how much he wanted to be a part of my life.
I was happy that he watched my best movie ever!

episode 14 .:
“Now, for real, Gun Ju Pyo stood outside the Namsam Tower from evening till dusk…not in the sun or rain or….but in the snow!” he said firmly, a small knit of frown on his forehead.
I pouted my lips as I hugged his left hand firmly.
I knew what he was driving at.
“I ordered for the strawberry flavor which they didn’t have. So I had to wait till it was freshly mixed. My mind was on fire as to how worried you would have been. I was so shocked that looking at you from the back view, you didn’t look worried but angry! Is that our love? No patience?” he asked and that was when I knew that he meant business.
“Are you angry?” I asked and he shook his head
“If in the movie you recommended for me, a proud, arrogant rich kid could wait for hours in the extremely cold snow for an ugly duckling as he did call her, I don’t know why you beautiful lady couldn’t patiently await your sweetheart for some minutes” he said and I smiled ruefully.
“I am so sorry dear. It was intentional. Forgive me” I said, touching his small beard playfully.
He looked away
“No problem. Take your ice-cream before it thaws” he said as he placed the big bowl into my hands
“Thanks” I said, smiling but he looked away still.
I had to do something to save the situation before it got out of hand.
“Please smile and tell me you have forgiven me” I said and he gave a little smile
“I have forgiven you” he said curtly
“Add darling jhur. I have forgiven you my darling” I said and he smiled largely.
“You can’t be for real!” he said
“I am for real. Say it”
“I wont”
“Say it jhur”
“I wont say it jhur” he said on.
By now, my playful frustration had made his smile to grow larger but I wont let go until he added ‘my darling’
I moved to his side and started to tickle him hard.
He fell upon me in a fit of laughter.
I didn’t let go
“Say it”
“Darling”
“Say it loudly”
“Darling…I have said it” he said, gasping for breath as tears strolled down his face from the forceful laughter.
“Say it in full. Smile and say I have forgiven you my darling” I ordered again
I intensified the tickling
“I have forgiven you my darling” he said and I tickled him the more as we both laughed out loudly.
It took some minutes before we became sane again.
“Eat ice-cream with me please” I said to him but he shook his head and held my hands softly, stirring deep into my eyes
“What have you eaten today?” he asked
“Nothing. I was about preparing food when you called me” I said and his face lightened up
“What delicacy were you trying to prepare?” he asked sweetly and I smiled
“Garri. I got some freshly made groundnut. It would really be a good combination” I explained and he shook his head
“Garri! I wonder why your eye sight is still as good as this when all you take is nothing but garri! I just wonder!” he said, so worried
“I will be fine. I just love it” I said and he shook his head
“You like garri or there is no money? Which? Would you stop lying! You wouldn’t allow anyone to help you even in the slightest way and it’s tiring. You have become so lean and I really don’t know what to do to you again. I just want this service year to end so I can marry you shaperly” he said and we smiled
“I can’t wait too. But as much as I love you and wanna spend my life with you, the big obstacle on our way wouldn’t give me real joy” I said with mixed feelings even as I sadly inserted few scoops of ice-cream in my mouth.
“My parents?” he asked as he nodded knowingly
“Whether my parents like it or not, it is you I want, not another! You are my wife” he said authoritatively.
I nodded like a chicken and took in more spoons of ice-cream
I looked into his face
He looked pained
“I just don’t want to be the cause of any problem between you and your parents. I don’t want wahala for you” I said again when I realized that he looked so withdrawn and sad that I had not said anything sensible since.
He shook his head.
He took the bowl of ice-cream from my hand and placed it on the mud bench with a bang.
I looked into his face with shock etched on my heart.
He held my hands and pulled me up
“We have to do something important now.” He said as he pulled me away
I was mum as he pulled me on till we got to his car.
He opened the door of the front seat and made me to sit down.
He turned to enter through the driver’s seat.
I was so patient.
He sat for a few minutes after he had put on the regulator in the car to regulate the temperature in the car.
“Erm…” I said after I became bored of the silence.
He looked at me.
Tears flowed down his face
I was shocked
“What is the matter?” I asked as I held his hands in amazement
He wiped his tears with the back of his palm and looked outside.
“I am scared” he said and I became more scared
“Of what?” I asked and he turned to look at me
“Of you! I am scared of you!” he said firmly and my mind was in serious disarray.
“Of me? How? Why? What do you me?” I pressed his hand the more
What could be wrong that he would be scared of?
“You are loved! Many men love you so much. They look at you and even come to you at all times” he said and my heart was muddled
“So?” I asked and he scratched his head
“I am scared that you won’t be able to scale through my parents’ discouraging comments on phone even without meeting you. I am scared that you would one day tell me that you had reconsidered our relationship and that you are backing out. I am scared” he said, bursting out into tears the more.
I smiled
“Adejare! You almost killed me with your words. Is that all?” I asked, still pressing his palm softly
He too his hand off mine and wiped his face
“You don’t just understand. Not at all do you understand!” he said and I held his two shoulders and shook them gently.
“I love you. I will stay by you. I will always love you. I will not leave when you when you need me most. I won’t. I promise!” I said and he looked into my face
“Are you sure?” he asked as if he was a baby
“Yes I am sure” I replied like his mother as I wiped his tears.
We had been friends for years and I understood clearly that he didn’t want anybody between us.
He jealously wanted me for himself only!
“Swear” he said, seriously
I smiled
“I swear!’ I replied him.
I didn’t believe in swearing but since that would make him ok, I decided to do it.
He smiled and gently pushed me aside as he hurriedly checked his drawer for something I didn’t even know.
He brought out a razor blade.
“What’s this?” he asked, raising it to my face
“Razor blade” I replied, still unsure of whatever he was driving at.
Before I could stop him, he had cut himself on the left thumb
My eyes widened
“What was that for?” I asked as I held my chest in horror
He panted quietly
“Lick it” he pointed the finger at me
“What!” I exclaimed and he urged me with his eyes
“Only if you love me, Glory. If you sincerely do” he said and I shook my head
“I love you Adejare. But what’s all these for goodness’ sake? What?” I lamented and tears gathered in his eyes.
“I will lick yours too. It shows you love me unto death do us part. There is no side effect” he said again and I sighed deeply as i licked his salty red body fluid.
He smiled and then picked my right thumb, cut it a little bit and licked my blood
I cringed!
He smiled again, looking satisfied
“Please repeat after me…” he started and I nodded as I turned to look at through the window
I was never going to leave this guy!
I wonder why he was wasting his time doing something fetish and unbinding as this
“…the day I go against this bidding, let the ground receive me” he said and I repeated after him
He hugged me afterwards and that was how our relationship became strengthened till we finished our service in Nasarawa state.
Was that the blood covenant the pastor was talking about?
It couldn’t be anything other than that though!
Because I had never killed anybody…not even a fowl!
I just needed this God!
The God that saved my Doctor from the devices and enterprises of the enemies….
I need that God too!
—-urgently!!!
TBC

episode 15 .:
The whole house looked forsaken and abandoned!
The kitchen had plates that flies perched on because of their filth!
My room had different clothes littered on the floor.
I felt nauseous immediately!
Just for the one month that I was away!
…and everything had already changed this much.
My children looked unkempt- all of them!
“They are still kids o…so, you can’t expect them to keep the house the way you would have done” my doctor said as if she could read my mind
I couldn’t feign laughter
I was mad!
“But this isn’t nice at all” I said as I surveyed the children
“Taiwo and Kehinde, you couldn’t even take care of your young ones? You couldn’t bath them? See how diseased you all look!” I almost wept
“There was no soap. The detergent we were using finished” Taiwo said
“Detergent?” the doctor asked, quite surprised.
“It is also good on the body o. it’s just like medicated soap” I tried to cover up our pauper lifestyles
“I don’t like that at all. These detergents are not good on the skin o. They sometimes eat into our skin. You couldn’t have asked me for soap when you visited the hospital” the doctor said and I looked down in shame.
I had to save the situation again.
“Kehinde, come here” I called at my daughter who looked so weird and withdrawn
She staggered as if she was drunk and fell to the ground before me.
I jumped back as the doctor rush to bring her up
“What is wrong with you?” I asked but there was no response from the girl
“Talk to me….somebody talk to me. When did Kehinde become paralysed? Kehinde!” I exclaimed as I turned back to be sure a cushion was behind me.
I sunk into one and looked on.
“Taiwo, Tola…somebody talk to me..” I pleaded, very weakly
“Mummy, Sister Kehinde yaf pregnant” James said and there was silence
…as if everyone in the house except me knew about this except me!
I blinked as if my life depended on it.
“Kehinde, pregnant…how? Doctor, you know about it? Please talk to me somebody. Someone should tell me it’s not true.” I was almost crying
My heart couldn’t just accept the bad news.
None of my children I ever have such thought towards in my entire life
Teenage pregnancy?… ah ah!
“Take it easy Mrs. Olowo” I heard the doctor say and I looked at her, so lost in thoughts
“You know about it?” I asked in a very loud voice
The doctor looked at me and smiled lightly
“I couldn’t tell you anything because of your health condition but thank God you are hale and hearty now” she spoke on and I couldn’t but watch on in silence.
My heart was racing so fast.
As she explained to me the ordeals of my daughter’s pregnancy, the abortion and the brutal method used, the bond that existed between one Haruna and my daughter, I couldn’t believe my ears.
I pinched myself, slapped myself, and slapped my tongue against the roof of my mouth severally so I would be startled back to reality
… But it was the truth!
The bitter cola!
I slid from the chair on which I had sat to the cemented floor and wept like a virgin widow who had lost her husband to ‘Magun’ before he could even touch her.
My girl was just fifteen years old for God’s sake!
What did she know about s-x?
What did she know about abortion?
Abortion with hanger … Chai!
Iron hanger for that matter!
My body flinched severally that I couldn’t control it.
“Who did I offend in my past life? Exactly who did I offend that is afflicting me like this? Afflicting my children too? Ahhhh…Jesu oooo!” I wailed on, slapping my laps as my hands gathered momentum.
I looked at the Kehinde under my teary eyes and she was so pitiable.
Her collarbone was visible and she looked hungry- weak and uncared for.
“Kehinde” I called out to her. The doctor still held her lovingly as she sat on the floor with her. Her hands on her shoulders
I didn’t know if I should be harsh, or calm according to the Doctor’s prescription or angry, or wounded or disappointed.
I didn’t just know how to act at all.
“Ma” she answered faintly, her head shaking on top of her neck as if it was so light like paper.
“What happened?” I asked, fixing my eyes on my daughter- my filthy daughter!
“I ron’t doh” I heard her say, her eyes half shut.
I sat straight and looked at the doctor.
“Doctor, what’s wrong with her? Her tongue is tied? Please check for me” I was so scared.
When did she start pronouncing don’t as ron’t and know as ‘doh’.
I stood up immediately and went close to her side.
Her eyes were contracting and her tongue was tied.
The doctor stood up to the situation and laid her down on the floor.
“Get me a pillow please” she said and Taiwo rushed inside for one.
The doctor used it support her head.
“Kehinde…Omokehinde” I called out as I pulled at her hand.
The doctor pulled out her stethoscope as my girl started making croaky voice from her throat.
I was scared.
“Don’t die please. Kenny, please don’t di…” I was still saying when she dropped her hand suddenly and her tongue wagged out to the side of her mouth.
“Mummy…to…lli” she seemed to say what I decoded as ‘sorry’ and she closed her eyes in death.
TBC
Re: Mara by girlhaley(f): 10:38pm On Dec 08, 2016
Wao......such a sad story

Woes on Glory

She lost kehinde just like that......

I'm loving your story...... keep up the good work

Saraphina.....what's your take on this
Re: Mara by abefe99: 8:24am On Dec 09, 2016
nice one interesting but its seems someone as done d rong thing between both couple
Re: Mara by Onaopemiplenty(f): 9:07am On Dec 09, 2016
Nice story u've got,pls post more
Re: Mara by saraphina(f): 9:25am On Dec 09, 2016
girlhaley:
Wao......such a sad story

Woes on Glory

She lost kehinde just like that......

I'm loving your story...... keep up the good work

Saraphina.....what's your take on this
my sister,exactly what the doctor tried explaining to her mum but I guess she realised that too late now.Interesting story tho...
Re: Mara by Qasaforlife(f): 11:59am On Dec 09, 2016
Awww what a touching story. Very educative. Thanks dear. Following till d very last. I dey gidigbam.
Re: Mara by Bolanlera(f): 11:56am On Jan 21, 2017
episode 16 .:
The doctor shook her head and I let out a heart-rending scream
“Jesu ooo!! Ina omo ti jo mi oooooooo” I screamed so sadly.
Taiwo sat on the ground close to her twin and tugged at her, tears strolling down her face.
“Oh Jesus! Oh Jesus!! Oh my Jesus!!!” the doctor exclaimed too.
“He has failed me again. He has failed me again. Your Lord has failed me again.” I cried the more as my head started thumping.
I sat close to the corpse and carried the heavy lifeless body in my arms.
I started rocking it as tears ran down my face.
The doctor held her head in regret as she shook her hand intermittently.
Immediately a crowd started forming in front of the house, I dropped the corpse gently and rushed into my room, locked the door and fell on the bed- on my tummy.
The great pain I felt made me to flinch as I cried out the more!
I felt that instead of my problems being solved after the so called reason for the bitterness kind of life had been discovered, it was becoming bitterer!
Wouldn’t it just be safe to commit suicide?
————–
Oh my God!
Oh my good God!
This was just not my plan at all!
It just felt as if the Lord had failed me.
As I drove back from the market where I had gone to after dropping the corpse in the mortuary, my mind just welled up in me as if it wanted to pop out.
“God why? Why?” I asked as tears ran down my face.
I had trained myself never to question God’s act but in this case, this was someone I was trying to win for the Lord!
Why should this happen to her Lord?
Why?
Tears strolled down my face and as I wiped with my bare hands, the smell of the fish I had bought wafted to my nostrils and I became irritated.
The woman had locked herself in the room for hours.
“Lord, why are you quiet?” I cried out loud again as I parked my car in front of the small building which was their residence.
“God, please teach me and use me for the short period of time I would be spending in this place” I prayed silently.
I wouldn’t let what happened affect my faith in Christ even though it had been shaken vehemently!
——-
It had been four days that I had been in the house teaching the kids and consoling them.
Glory Olowo had been inside the room without coming out of it for that long.
Only her tears and sobs reassured me that she was alive.
Her husband had not shown up even though he had been sent for.
I just wanted God to prove himself strong in this family
He had never failed me before and He wouldn’t start now.
I had stocked the kitchen with different stuffs and the children had been feeding well after being consoled a bit after their sister’s death.
“Let’s try knocking the door again if she would open” I told Taiwo and she nodded uncertainty etched on her face.
We knocked on her door and after some wet sniffs and a low cough, there was a movement
“I am fine here” she said…her voice hushed
“Yes you are fine but I want to see your face. Open the door and eat something no matter how little” I pressed on
“Why? I don’t need to eat o…do I know the next person to be taken off my family now? Do I? NO!” she exclaimed loudly but weakly
“Please don’t be discouraged ma. The battle is toughest when the victory is near. That’s the explanation for this. Please reconsider and glorify God for He is good” I admonished her when she gave a scornful laughter
“You must be a joker! Glorify? Except He proves Himself to be God. Except He doesn’t only takes us to the root of the problem but solves the problem, he then can be considered by me! For now, I really think you go!” she said firmly and I withdrew from the door.
My pastor had travelled to Lagos State for a prayer conference and I had informed the prayer band about the issue at hand.
But the heavens seemed shut against us!
—–
“Daddy” the children echoed together as a moderately tall man stepped down from the bike with about four to five polythene bags.
He smiled at the children as they attempted to collect the polythene bags from him, although he didn’t release them.
He came inside and saw me
“Good evening” he greeted
“Good evening sir. You are welcome.” I said to, genuflecting a little
“I am Mr. Adejare Olowo, the head of this family. And you are?” he asked and I smiled faintly
“My name is Dr. Flora Adegite. The gynecologist in charge of your wife and daughter” I said respectfully
He smiled ruefully
“Kehinde used to be my favorite daughter” he said as he dropped the polythene bags.
“Hmmm” that was the only thing that left my mouth.
“I learnt that she committed abortion” he said and I nodded.
“She did a very dangerous abortion but days later, she used dangerous drugs as she experienced some pains. She also had some internal bleedings before giving up the ghost.” I explained and he shook his head in regret
“Where is the mother?” he asked
“Daddy, she af lock hersef in da door” James said.
The father pulled his ears softly
“She has locked herself inside the room” he corrected him as he proceeded to the bedroom door.
“There are soup ingredients in one of the polythene bags. Water melons and other fruits in the other…bring the other nylon….my wife’s goodies are inside” he said and Taiwo blushed as she took it to him.
That looked real…a real man!
He knocked the door and waited
“Dearie. Its Jare. Open the door” he said sweetly and waited.
But wait!
Wasn’t it this guy that beat his wife to stupor over a month ago?
He had not come home since then, so why this niceness when he was just resurfacing?
What goodies did he buy his wife?
He didn’t even seem to mourn his daughter’s death.
Was there more to this that I can’t just see?
Open my eyes Dear Lord to spiritual insights….
Show me the secrets oh Lord as your word says in Psalms 25 that if I fear you, you would reveal your secrets to me.
Why are you silent Lord?
I felt very troubled within that I glanced occasionally at the door side where he stood.
If she opened the door, then would I be sure that there was a big wahala!
I had knocked that door to no avail for many days.
If she opened to a man who almost kicked the life out of her and life her for many weeks, then, I would be certain that I would be in for a big problem!
“Open the door dear” he said again
It looked like a movie though as I heard the door creaking as it opened.
“How are you?” he asked in a baritone voice
“You are welcome” she said faintly and Jare hugged her.
I blinked hard
My ears went deaf!
What kind of a thing was going on?
Welcoming into your room the man who had almost killed you few weeks ago?
Hugging him?
Chai!
It didn’t seem to make sense to me and I needed to get to the root of the matter!
TBC

episode 17 .:
There was a knock at the door.
“Oh! Who wants to spoil the show for me o” I mumbled as I jumped towards the door.
The children watched me as I behaved weirdly.
“Who is there?” I whispered
“It’s me” I heard the whisper from outside too
Who could that be?
I opened the door slowly and peeped through the slim slit.
I saw that broad face with a great smile.
Pastor!
I opened the door as a great relief dawned on me.
“Good afternoon sir” I genuflected.
He touched my shoulder briefly as he entered.
“Thank God you are here sir.” I was saying when he covered my mouth with his curved palm.
“I had to come. I arrived this morning and God said ‘go’…and here I am” he said silently, smiling
I was so glad as if I had found a long lost treasure.
We sat down and he bowed his head, mumbling words of prayer.
I rubbed my hands together anxiously as I could read that something great was going to happen in the house.
Power will confront power and power would pass power today!
He looked up and faced the children.
“Come” he said and they moved to him obediently.
He sat them on his knees and mumbled words of prayers.
I shook my head in ‘amen’ of whatever it was that he was saying.
I was just so sure that it couldn’t be curses
I trust my pastor.
He had been tried and tested.
Afterwards, he told all of us to go on our knees and we obeyed promptly.
“Just thank God because victory is His alone. Just say it anyhow in your own words” he said and I got ready so firmly and he smiled
“Pray well…but silently!” he added and we started the war.
As much as I wanted to get the whole gist of whatever was going on in the room, I was ready to obey the leading of this man of God.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Seeing my husband again after a long time set my tummy of fire.
There were like a billion butterflies in my belly as I set my eyes on me immediately I opened the door.
I was going to react rashly to him but as I set my eyes on him, all anger and furiousness flew away.
The warmth of his hug on my tummy killed it all!
I had really missed him.
As we walked to the creaky bed, he made way to quickly pack the litters of clothes off the bed so that I could sit down.
I was impressed.
“Welcome” I said again and he smiled as he pecked my lips softly.
Blood rushed into my face.
“I am sorry for everything” he said and my eyes widened.
If I could recollect well, that would be the second time in our entire fifteen years of marriage that he would use that magical word.
…and it really worked magic!
Things were changing!
I was glad!
He went on his knees as he held my hands firmly, looking into my pained eyes with such great penetration that I flinched
As he buried his face in my palms, I felt the moist- he was crying!
“I am sorry for ever causing you pains. Forgive me my lovely wife. Ogooluwa please” he cried on and my heart ached as tears ran down my face too.
I had with no doubt forgiven him!
TBC
Re: Mara by Bolanlera(f): 11:59am On Jan 21, 2017
episode 18 .:
“I have forgiven you Adejare.” I said quietly as I raised his face so that our teary eyes would meet, his eyes caused something like an emotional earthquake on the foundation of my hart and I just wished I could be held in those varicose vein-filled arms.
“Thank you so much. Thank you.” He said again and I stood to help him up.
As he sat on the bed, he pulled him unto his laps again and gave me a very sizzling embrace
He placed his hands on my tummy and I felt a tingling in my tummy.
I grimaced
He looked into my face with all seriousness.
“Is anything the matter?” he asked and I smiled
“Touch my tummy again” I said and he did
I felt something sharper- like an electric current run through my veins.
“Anything?” he asked again
My baby kicked and I gasped
“It’s the baby. He’s probably happy that you are back home” I said and he helped me back to the bed gently
He pulled the blouse I was wearing up a bit and rubbed the smooth tummy with his coarse hand.
The tingling I felt was profound
I enjoyed it!
But the kicking in my tummy increased with every added touch.
He bent to peck my tummy and when the warm breath from his mouth came in contact with my navel, the kicking stopped abruptly.
I was dazed.
“You are controlling our baby o” I said in awe and he smiled
“Why?” he asked
“You touched me and the kicking started…you touched me more and the kicking became intense. You breathed into my navel now the kicking stopped abruptly. It’s so funny” I said, really astonished
“Even the unborn baby recognizes the father” he said
“Oh yes!” I exclaimed and we laughed over it.
“I remember the good old times.” He said
“Hmmmm” I could only say as I nodded with appreciation to God.
I remembered my bare pregnancy when things were a little bit better although it was still hot.
He would play with my bare tummy for hours, rubbing, pecking, and playing with it and even checking for the movements of the babies
“I wonder what went wrong” he said as he held my hands
“Hmmmm…I just feel that this isn’t real” I said and he looked startled
“That’s how you feel?” He asked, looking very grim
I nodded, still smiling.
He reached into a polythene bag and brought out an apple.
“Take this” he said and I collected it
That was the first time in how many years that this husband of mine would get me a gift and I was happy.
Though it was just an apple
“Eat the apple” he said hurriedly and I looked into his face
“What is the matter?” I asked when I saw the anxiety in his face.
His face loosened and he smiled
“Nothing. I just remembered that I bought you the apple. I hope it isn’t spoilt yet” he said and shook my head as I bit into the fruit.
Apples don’t get bad that easily…he must have forgotten.
If not, why was he looking that serious and anxious?
Just because he didn’t want me to eat bad apples?
Just that?
He smiled at me again as I chewed.
I felt special!
>>>>>>>>>
“For in Jesus’ name have we giving thanks to the Father” Pastor said quietly
“Amen” we all responded
“Let’s come together please” he said as he stretched his hands towards on.
Still on our knees, we held hands with the pastor.
…and waited for the next line of action.
“We really need to pray. What did I say?” he asked, gently
“We really need to pray” we responded in a chorus.
I was greatly charged that if I possibly saw the devil at that point, I would have given him a lethal back-hand!
“The next thing to do now is to start pleading for the blood of Jesus. We overcame him by the blood of the lamb and by the word of our testimony. Cover every nooks and crannies of this house with the blood of Jesus. Let us pray” he said and we started in our own little way
I opened my eyes halfway and saw the children praying in their own funny little ways, nodding like agama lizards and some looking up to the ceiling as if that was where the blood of Jesus was.
I looked at the pastor and although he was praying silently with his mouth moving in silent whispers, his clothes were soaked in perspiration.
He must have seen something
He must have smelt a rat!
I closed my eyes too and started pleading for the precious blood that alone could atone for us.
I looked into his face and I loved him the more.
He came close again and I could smell it- the sweat!
…The sweat of laboring under the sun for hours- I couldn’t but feel it and I was moved as my heart hankered for him the more.
I placed my head on his shoulders and he rubbed the side of my face.
“Sorry about the loss of our daughter” he said and I nodded
I hadn’t gotten over the death of my first born twin and I had wept and wept to no avail.
I knew when the doctor with some men came inside to wheel her away.
I watched everything through the small key hole the day before and I had cried crazily.
I refused to go out to bath or anything though!
His coming at this time was definitely consoling…I must confess!
“I heard the news and I knew how bad it must have felt for you the mother when I was even thoroughly shaken” he said and I nodded still
I didn’t want to talk about it at all!
“It is well” I said and he rubbed the side of his face against mine.
“Of course it is” he said.
He touched my tummy again
“Is our baby a boy or a girl?” he asked
I smiled
“Or twins again” I said playfully and he shook his head
“Nooooo” he exclaimed and we laughed
“I don’t know the s-x yet.” I said and he looked into my face
“Why?” he asked and I faced him squarely.
“Maigida, ba kudi fa” I said in Hausa for emphasis and he smiled.
“You will do it. I will give you the money” he said and looked into his face, very astonished
“Are you for real?” I asked to be sure
“Sure dearie. Things are changing… the better times are here”
I believed so well that my heart got swollen within me.
“I went to a church on Sunday” he said and I opened my mouth in amazement
That was like the biggest lie I had ever heard
“Church? You?” I asked to be sure
He smiled
“There is nothing God cannot do. He can change the vilest offender who could only believe.” He said smoothly
My mouth curved into a broad smile
“I can’t believe you” I said and he squeezed my hands
“But it’s true” he said again
How could I possibly believe that my very weird alcoholic womanizing husband would turn a new leaf and go to church to the extent that he had changed this much?
How on earth would I believe that?
But it must be true!
The born again relationship between us now is the proof!
“Praise the Lord” I said loud and clear
“Halleluyah” he replied
“I think its high time I retraced my steps back to my God too then” I said and he nodded
He didn’t say anything but smiled in a very weird way.
“The pastor told me that our unborn baby is so glorious” he said
“You told him I was pregnant?”
“Yes I did. He told me that you aborting the pregnancy would have been the greatest mistake anyone would make as the glory of the baby is just too great” he explained on and on as he fumbled with his hands.
I was just so happy deep down.
My husband had met the redeemer for real!
“Glory to God” I said again.
>>>>>>>
“Amen” the pastor said again.
“Amen” we chorused.
“Shall we open our eyes please?” he said and we did.
Four of the children were already asleep and Taiwo was already dozing too.
“Girl, lie down beside your siblings and sleep” he said and Taiwo gladly did as if that was all she had been waiting for ever since.
“Sister Flora, we have to rise up now. we are on the battle ground and we have to put on the whole armor of God” he said
Shaking my head, my hands and all my body in totality, I nodded continuously
“Oh yes” I said
“I wish God could open your eyes of understanding and that you would see what I am seeing right now” he said again
“Hmmm…my God!” I exclaimed, my eyes fixed on him solely.
“Oh Lord! Please clothe and equip us with your whole armor as we can not fight by our own might. Please, help us Lord” he prayed
“Amen” I replied
“Let’s move towards the door so that you would get a glimpse of what is going on” he said again
He led the way as if he had been living in that house for a long time.
He knelt at the entrance of the room and I did too.
I tried to hear but I couldn’t hear
“I can’t hear anything” I said and for real, I could hear nothing at all
“Listen with a fixed concentration. You will” he said and I closed my eyes, fixing my ears.
I heard some voices!
TBC

episode 19 .:
“These are the clothes I bought for you. They are maternity gowns for you.” He said and I was alarmed
Nightgowns for me!
“You are shocked?” he asked and I nodded so vigorously.
He smiled
“That was how it was meant to be before the devil came, planted the tares among the wheat and went on his way” he said again and I was awestruck
With the little I knew about the bible, I knew that that was quoted from the Word of God and I was really awestruck
That change was so fast.
As he brought the clothes out, I looked on and observed
“But why are they all white?” I asked
He looked dumbfounded
“Because the baby is holy of course” he stammered
I smiled
I thought deep down that I was making him uncomfortable with my questions and comments
“Thanks so much dear” I said as I stretched my hands to collect the clothes with my right hand
He shook his hand
“Use your left hand” he insisted
I looked into his face and he widened his eyes
A cold shiver ran down my spine.
I obeyed
The material was cotton and despite how poor I was then, I really did struggle to buy silk as I react often time to cotton.
He knew this well and why he would buy this material when he knew my condition got me a bit angry.
“That was what I could afford. I am sorry. I know you don’t wear cotton” he said and I nodded
“Thanks” I said as I put the clothes down.
“Wear them” he said and I looked at him strangely
He nodded again and I picked up the clothes
“All of them?” I asked and he nodded
“Why?” I asked and he looked at me sternly.
“You ask too many questions. Its all for your good” he said, almost angrily
“I am sorry if what I said made you angry. Forgive me” I said and he smiled
“Wear them first” he insisted, raising his voice a bit
“ok” I said and I wore the three white gowns
I didn’t want to make him angry
I felt that it was absurd but I obeyed him anyway
…as if I was being controlled.
“Good girl!” he said, smiling and patting my back
I smiled sheepishly too.
“There is something I need to intimate you about now.” he said seriously
“What?” I asked seriously too
“I made a pledge to the Lord when I became born again and we have to fulfill the pledge because then and then only would our glorious dreams come true” he said and I watched on
“Ok. What pledge?” I asked and he interlocked his fingers
“I promised to give the placenta of our baby to the Lord” he said and my eyes widened
“Placenta?” I asked
I was alarmed.
“Yes…the pastor asked for it” he said
Something was not right!
I just felt something fishy!
Exactly what was wrong?
Why couldn’t I think of my own volition again?
Was I being manipulated or something?
There was a battle within me and there and then I looked at him and gave a warm smile
“If it’s a pledge to the Lord, then, so be it! The Lord gives and he takes” I said and he smiled
Just then, there was a bang at the door.
“Noooo…that’s a lie! Never give your consent to such” I heard the voice of my doctor outside the door.
She had been eavesdropping?
Why was she screaming that way?
What was so bad about giving to the Lord?
Didn’t she know about pledges and redemption of pledges?
>>>>>>>
I didn’t know when I screamed but the pastor was not surprised when I did.
…at least he didn’t look surprised
“Pastor, is this woman under a spell?” I asked loudly.
I didn’t care anymore about anything
Was it a movie or something?
What was wrong?
I had only heard about it happening in the imaginary life but in reality, relaying in my very ears?
It felt really bizarre!
I kept on banging the door and the pastor shook his head as he watched on.
“The door is locked” he said and my eyes widened
“What!” I exclaimed
He nodded
“And you just endangered her life” he said and I held my chest in numbness
“How?” I asked, panting heavily for breath.
He smiled painfully
“The battle line is drawn.” He said and I looked on as the pastor placed his ears close to the door.
I did likewise
TBC
Quot
Re: Mara by Bolanlera(f): 12:03pm On Jan 21, 2017
episode 20 .:
>>>>>>>>>>
As I stood up to go to the door, Adejare pulled me back onto the bed.
“Who is that mad woman?” he asked and I looked at him surprised
Was he not supposed to be born again?
What was that foul language from then?
“That voice is my doctor’s” I said and he looked at me with eyes scorching in danger.
“You are going nowhere” He said firmly and I sat down and fixed my eyes on him
“Why?” I asked awkwardly again
“Because I said so. Ohun taa ba wi fun ogbo lo’gbo a gbo…” he said whispering some words and I became calm.
“Tell the mad woman at the door that everything os alright here and that she should go away” he said
“It’s a lie…nothing is going on well oh…nothing at all. Open this door” My doctor’s voice came with so much conviction that I remained glued to the bed.
“Tell her” he pestered on and I stood up.
“Doctor, all is well here.” I said
“No. that’s a lie from the pit of hell! Don’t swallow that lie. All isn’t well. You are in danger” she cried out the more
Why is her voice with such authority?
“But there isn’t any danger here. My husband has become a Christian. He is born again. He is quoting the scriptures.”
“That’s a lie Madam. Even the devil can transform itself as an angel of light. Its all deception. Please don’t accept that at all” she cried out the more
I looked back at Adejare who was looking so frustrated.
“Come here” he signaled at me and I obeyed.
He pulled me into the bed and checked the polythene bag.
He brought out a small glassy bottle that had liquid inside.
“What’s this?” I asked
“This is holy water for the protection of the baby.” He said and I looked at his lips as they danced
“Protection?” I asked
“Yes. The pastor said that the baby is in a breech position. This would make it alright and easy for delivery.” He said
I collected it.
“Ok. Thanks. But that should be for a later time right? Especially when I am due for childbirth. Right?” I asked and he shook his head
“Now. Take it now” he whispered, opening it for me
“But I am just in my second trimester. The pastor can’t be sure that it is a breech birth yet.” I argued
I was getting my voice again
I wondered where it went before.
“Don’t take in whatever he wants you to take in o” the doctor’s voice became louder.
“The woman outside, shut your mouth up or I shut it up for you. Shut up!” he screamed as he jumped and punched the door.
“You should shut up man!” a masculine voice sounded from outside
I became edgy
What was wrong exactly?
He rushed back to me and collected the bottle from me.
He brought out a knife to my throat.
My heart jumped to my mouth.
“Either take this now or I kill you here” he said and his eyes burned with fire.
“But…” I was saying when he slapped my face with the flat side of the knife.
My heart broke in pieces.
“I command you to take this now…..” he said again and his lips moved fastly as he whispered something.
My heart was in disarray!
“Who saith and it comes to pass when the Lord commandeth it not? I otherwise command that you Mrs. Olowo should not take anything given you by Mr. Olowo , your husband.” The masculine voice said with strong affirmation
“I command…” he started again when the man outside replied again
“The Lord disappoints the devices of the crafty so that their hands cannot perform their enterprise…I command that all your devices be frustrated and disappointed now in Jesus’ name.”
“Amen!” my doctor answered
My heart was being released.
I felt some loosening- as if my mind had been in knots and that the thread being used had lost its hold
“Take it” he brought the bottle to my mouth and I tightened my jaws
“No…no…no” I said repeatedly
“I am not going to harm you. It’s not going to kill you. It’s for our own good. Take it…this is the last opportunity that we have to be great. Take it…please” he pleaded and my heart wept.
If he wanted me to take it then I should
His pleading was to earnest.
I stretched my hand to collect it
“Don’t take it. Please don’t” the doctor cried more.
“Don’t be ignorant of the device of the enemy please” the pastor cried out strongly
“Take” he stretched at me and I shook my head
“The Lord frustrateth the tokens of the liars and maketh diviners mad. He turneth wise men backwards and maketh their knowledge foolish. All your tokens are brought to nought Mr. Olowo.” The man prayed again
“Amen in Jesus’ name oooo” the doctor cried out the more
Adejare ran like a mad man to the door and banged at the door with a loud cry
The bottle in his hands broke into pieces as the liquid inside splashed to his face.
He screamed loudly.
He came to the corner where I had gone to hide myself and pulled me with a great vigor to the door.
He pushed me to the ground and held my head bowed.
I winced in serious pains as I panted hard
“Lick it” he screamed as he pressed my head towards licking the spilt liquid on the floor.
“No don’t do it” the doctor said.
I was so weak!
“Call the name of Jesus Mrs. Olowo” The doctor said anxiously
“Oh yes say it madam because the Bible says the name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous runs into it and he’s safe. Call his name.”
“Oh yes! And wherefore, God has highly exalted him and has given unto him a name that is above every other name that at the name of Jesus…” the man was saying when Adejare left me alone abruptly, ran to the door, banged it twice, came towards me, kicked me twice on my back before opening the door and running out.
I was so shocked that I remained in the uncomfortable posture.
It felt as if my backbone had been shifted and that I might not be able to walk again.
“Oh my God!” my doctor exclaimed as she ran inside with a man.
That pastor!
They helped me to the bed with a great difficulty.
I was seeing double.
My head ached with great noise exuding from it.
My temperature had risen so greatly.
“Please, let’s put these clothes off right now. They are very demonic. Lets take them off” the pastor said again and my doctor started taking them off my body.
“In the name of Jesus” she chanted as she threw the clothes to the floor.
“Sorry madam. I hope you are okay” the pastor asked and I shook my head.
Many questions ran through my small head and I couldn’t just reason straight anymore.
The door opened again suddenly and we all turned to look at the direction
It was Adejare
His head was decorated with dirt and his neck had a chain made of leaves hanging down it.
“Glory, it was for our good…” He said and beat the door rhythmically as he danced.
I watched on in great amazement.
“Are you mad already?” I asked gently and he burst into laughter.
“Mad ke! Its all of you o… You are crazy. Just to make money and make life easy for us all, you cannot give just one baby… Out of teh many children you have o… Just one of then… You are mad” he started crying as he scurried out of the house again.
I didn’t seem to understand what had transpired?
Could someone with a better understanding explain please?
The pastor and my doctor look too astounded to say a word.
Somebody help!
TBC
Re: Mara by triplemmm3(f): 10:50am On Feb 02, 2017
Nice story Bola, you are trying Pls update
Re: Mara by Onaopemiplenty(f): 1:23pm On Aug 20, 2017
please..... update this story it's too interesting to be abandoned
Re: Mara by Bolanlera(f): 9:44pm On Feb 27, 2018
Episode 21
∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆
My heart dropped!
How was I going to tell her that this kind of a thing had happened?
I carried the little babe in the shawl and hugged him tightly as tears gathered in my eyes.
I looked at the pastor and our eyes met.
He gave me a questionable look and I nodded
His shoulders dropped as he leaned on the window panes
I shook my head in anguish
My pastor threw his right fist in the air and released air from his mouth forming a whistle out of despair too.
“Is the baby a boy or a girl?” her voice brought me back to life and i looked into her face.
She looked really blue.
The pains of labor and the 14-hour long travail had really sapped her strength.
“It was a boy” i said and she opened her half-slit eyes a bit
“Was?” she asked and I nodded wearily
She faced the pastor
“Was?” she asked him too, dramatically
“Yes” he answered silently
“He’s dead?” she asked and there was silence.
How were we supposed to tell her?
What would it say about our God?
Wont she believe that God had brought her this far to leave her daunted?
I was clueless and my heart raced
She sat up, not mindful of the intravenous line connecting the saline drip into her vein.
“But God could still do this to me?” she asked in a sure tone and I walked to the cot to place the dead baby there
I looked at my pastor who tried to hold her but she retreated.
“I promised that I was going to serve him didn’t I? I did promise! So why all these? why am I in a pool of bitterness again? why?” she cried, tears streaming down her face.
“Hmmm….It is well o” I exclaimed as was my usual habit.
She looked at me somewhat fiercely and shook her head.
In a twinkling of an eye, she caught my hands and squeezed it till life was no more felt in it.
“How do you feel? How does your hand feel?” she cried out.
I understood her frustration and tears could only flow down my face
“I paused blood flow in y our hand for a few seconds. See how white your hand is now. see how lifeless it were . See how dead you feel in here. That’s exactly how I feel now Miss Doctor!” she said somewhat rashly.
I nodded quietly as tears flowed down my face
Of course I understood her
Her youthful age hadn’t been rosy;
The death of one of her first twins had been worse on her
The insanity of her husband and the sudden realization that he had been fetish all along had been the worst of all.
Now, the pregnancy she nursed for months in pains, shame, regret, hunger and all had died again- immediately after birth!
“Dear Mrs. Olowo…” Pastor was saying when she raised her hand defiantly as she let go of my hand.
“Don’t call me that! Not now, not ever! I had rather remained Olosi- a totally poverty-stricken woman than to be called Olowo when the reverse is the case for me. Not anymore!” she said, almost screaming.
Her voice struggled to escape her vocal cords because she was really in pains beneath her
Her pelvic was tight at first as she labored, so that was the first challenge we faced
Eventually when the pelvic would give way a bit again, there was a big tear which we had to sow
Definitely, she was in pain!
“All things work together for good to them …” I started quoting when she slapped the bed hard
“Stop that MA!” she exclaimed, stressing the MA to the extent that my heart jumped into my mouth.
I looked at the pastor who had sat down at the feet of the bed, his head buried in his hands.
“Madam, the baby would have died anyways” I said and she looked at me questionably.
I had to explain further
“He wouldn’t have survived for a long time. he would have died after a few days. his survival would have been hell for you. it would have been really brutally painful for him. no wonder God took him before the problems started unfolding” i quickly rushed my words before she could stop me.
She looked at me instantly, tears strolling down her face
“Ehn?” she muttered
I sat beside her and held her shoulders as I patted and rubbed them.
“The baby had a very poor bone formation and it is due to calcium and iron deficiency of the mother”
“Ehn?” she muttered again.
I nodded
“He has a very big hole in his small heart and I tell you that it would have been costly to maintain it.”
Her eyes widened
“Hole in the heart?” she asked to be sure and I nodded.
She shrugged from my hold and stood up abruptly
The pastor looked up, his eyes red.
Glory removed the canullar and I stood up so shocked.
“Why…” I was saying when the pastor held my shoulders and i sat down.
TBC……….
Re: Mara by Bolanlera(f): 9:46pm On Feb 27, 2018
episode 22 .:
We watched as she slipped her legs into her shoes and carried one cheap, tattered handbag that she had probably gotten as a gift from a ceremony long ago.
She walked close to the door before turning back.
I was perplexed but pastor’s reassuring smile kept me seated.
“I will be back” she said
“Where are you going…?” I was asking when she cut me short herself.
“To have a chat with God…or isn’t it right?” she asked and I smiled, nodding like an agama lizard.
“It’s right” I said and she opened the door.
“But…” I wanted to say again, seeing how weak she looked.
I didn’t want her to faint on the way.
“And…I don’t want to be followed please” she said with a kind of finality and the door was jammed.
I looked at the pastor and he smiled at me.
“It should be fine” he said but I wasn’t convinced.
If he had used ‘will’, I might have calmed down bit; but ‘should’….ah!
>>>>>>>>
If nothing, I knew about the story of Naomi in the Bible very well
I remembered that story lucidly.
I was taught in our Sunday school class while I was in the orphanage home that Naomi went out full but came back empty!
Of course I remembered so well!Some people suffer so that they will be better equipped to comfort others in their suffering
And what is the difference between us now?
Nothing!
But the fact that she went out full and came back empty while I had been empty all my life!
I had been the real Mara!
But I couldn’t bear it anymore…I had been pushed to the wall!
God had been so unfair!
Oh God!
As I alighted from the bike that brought me to the church- the one my doctor attended- with great difficulty, I faced the motorcyclist and he looked into my face
“Bani kudi” he said, stretching his hand in readiness to collect money.
“Ba kudi dan Allah” I quickly pleaded.
It just dawned on me that i had no dime on me.
He frowned a bit
“Me ne ne?” he was almost getting angry
“Dan Allah, ya ku ri. ka ya kuri” I started apologizing as I turned to go
My feet could barely hold me again.
I was about collapsing
The labor pains had been severe and I had nothing to show for the hours of pains I went through.
The child died!
Tears rushed into my eyes
Why my life was full of shambles and pains and calamities like this, I would appreciate if God could explain to me.
I turned back to see the motorcyclist and he was still there.
He looked puzzled as he held his chest out of perplexity.
What was he looking at so intently?
I turned to look at the back of my blue wrapper and there it was…
Full of blood!
I gasped in shock but I went further
“Sanu” he waved
I smiled
“Muje hospital” he said but I shook my head
Whatever had brought me here should kill me here.
If it was death, it should kill me there
I entered the church and fell t the ground.
I gasped for air for a few number of time before I started dragging myself to the altar side
It was a very big church and so it took me minutes to get to the front.
By the time I got there, I had perspired like a Christmas goat and was gasping for air seriously.
The pain was much for me but I endured even as I gaped in pain as I felt the hot, sticky substance streaming down between my laps
Was I dying?
When one loses blood, it is said that life is being lost.
Was I losing my life too?
But wait…
I could hear the sound of a piano
I listened more as I tried to quiet down my moaning.
Someone on the podium was playing the piano
Could the person not see me?
Could the person not rise up to help
TBC

MARA episode 23 .:
IS IT A MAN’S HELP YOU NEED NOW OR GOD’S?
I heard that down within me but I could say nothing!
I didn’t know how to pray
I didn’t know how to start bringing my allegations against God!
I didn’t know anything!
Nothing at all!
But I felt it deep within me that he could hear me…something told me with all assurance that He wasn’t deaf!
I became quiet and waited
The piano played on sweetly accompanied by the sonorous voice of the pianist
I must tell Jesus!
I must tell Jesus all of my troubles
He is a kind compassionate friend
If I but ask him, he would deliver,
make all my troubles quickly an end.
My heart became swollen within me with every word of the stanza
“I really must tell Jesus” I repeated on and on, my voice waning and fading as I spoke.
My eyes were still shut tightly and my voice scratchy
“If I only ask you, You will deliver Oh Lord…I ask you oh Lord!…I ask you Lord!” I repeated again, my heart’s burden outpouring
WHAT DO YOU ASK FOR? WHAT?
I heard that clearly too
Obviously, the Holy Spirit must be praying for me as it is written of Him in Romans 8:26 because hearing those spiritual suggestions sounded surreal to me
What exactly do I really want?
I wanted a lot of things but I had learnt that in asking anything from the Lord, specificity was key!
I’d got to specify
What do I want oh Lord?
I started crying again.
What was I supposed to ask for?
Hannah’s only problem was barrenness and reproach attached to it and she couldn’t voice out her prayers but could only moaned because of the abundance of bitterness in her heart.
What about me ?
What do I have to say?
That my husband be normalized?
What if he does something worse to me afterwards?
That my children be great?
What if I die and …oh my! What was I supposed to say oh Lord?
The piano started another tune and my heart was overwhelmed in quietness again
“Just as I am- though tossed about
With many a conflict, many a doubt
Fightings and fears within, without
Oh lamb of God, I come, I come!
Oh yes I come Lord!
With many conflicts….down in my life, my heart, my family, my all!
With many doubt in my heart…a lot of them Lord!
I have fightings within me and a great fear lurking around me…
Oh I come…. I come Lord!
I cried out the more
What do you want exactly?
It was precise again and oh yes, what do I want?
The piano started again with the great voice
“I will never let you go, except you bless me…” the voice started again and I accompanied it
If the person couldn’t hear me or couldn’t see me, I didn’t know- I couldn’t say!
All I knew was that whatever it was that he was doing right on the altar was speaking to me too….
The wordings of the song were Jacob’s words
I could remember that story too!
Jacob fought with an angel….he fought!
BUT HE DIDN’T FIGHT AIMLESSLY, DID HE?
The voice asked again and I shook my head
That was so true…but what was his request ?
HE PUSHED!
I heard again
Pushed?
PRAY UNTIL SOMETHING HAPPENS- PUSH!
I heard it so deeply in my heart and I was aroused in my heart
“Lord, I’ve got to Pray Until your Spirit Hovers over me” I heard the voice of the pianist too
Was he pushing too?
PRAY UNTIL SATAN HUSHES!
I heard again
Oh my goodness!
That’s the key!
The devil had to just hush and stp the nonsense he had been doing in my life and family.
He’d got to stop!
Teach me to pray Lord!
Help me labor in prayer and until something happens, don’t let me leave Lord!
I am ready to push!
“From today, your name shall no longer be called Jacob but Israel…” those words came like a spire on my ears and I smiled like a warrior that had found out the Achilles’ heels of his opponent.
I now know what to say!
A change of name!
That was all I needed!
“Oh Lord, I am Glory…Ogooluwa is my name. you made me gloriously and anything contrary to Glory in my life isn’t your will for me dear savior”
I swallowed
Re: Mara by Bolanlera(f): 9:48pm On Feb 27, 2018
episode 22 .:
We watched as she slipped her legs into her shoes and carried one cheap, tattered handbag that she had probably gotten as a gift from a ceremony long ago.
She walked close to the door before turning back.
I was perplexed but pastor’s reassuring smile kept me seated.
“I will be back” she said
“Where are you going…?” I was asking when she cut me short herself.
“To have a chat with God…or isn’t it right?” she asked and I smiled, nodding like an agama lizard.
“It’s right” I said and she opened the door.
“But…” I wanted to say again, seeing how weak she looked.
I didn’t want her to faint on the way.
“And…I don’t want to be followed please” she said with a kind of finality and the door was jammed.
I looked at the pastor and he smiled at me.
“It should be fine” he said but I wasn’t convinced.
If he had used ‘will’, I might have calmed down bit; but ‘should’….ah!
>>>>>>>>
If nothing, I knew about the story of Naomi in the Bible very well
I remembered that story lucidly.
I was taught in our Sunday school class while I was in the orphanage home that Naomi went out full but came back empty!
Of course I remembered so well!Some people suffer so that they will be better equipped to comfort others in their suffering
And what is the difference between us now?
Nothing!
But the fact that she went out full and came back empty while I had been empty all my life!
I had been the real Mara!
But I couldn’t bear it anymore…I had been pushed to the wall!
God had been so unfair!
Oh God!
As I alighted from the bike that brought me to the church- the one my doctor attended- with great difficulty, I faced the motorcyclist and he looked into my face
“Bani kudi” he said, stretching his hand in readiness to collect money.
“Ba kudi dan Allah” I quickly pleaded.
It just dawned on me that i had no dime on me.
He frowned a bit
“Me ne ne?” he was almost getting angry
“Dan Allah, ya ku ri. ka ya kuri” I started apologizing as I turned to go
My feet could barely hold me again.
I was about collapsing
The labor pains had been severe and I had nothing to show for the hours of pains I went through.
The child died!
Tears rushed into my eyes
Why my life was full of shambles and pains and calamities like this, I would appreciate if God could explain to me.
I turned back to see the motorcyclist and he was still there.
He looked puzzled as he held his chest out of perplexity.
What was he looking at so intently?
I turned to look at the back of my blue wrapper and there it was…
Full of blood!
I gasped in shock but I went further
“Sanu” he waved
I smiled
“Muje hospital” he said but I shook my head
Whatever had brought me here should kill me here.
If it was death, it should kill me there
I entered the church and fell t the ground.
I gasped for air for a few number of time before I started dragging myself to the altar side
It was a very big church and so it took me minutes to get to the front.
By the time I got there, I had perspired like a Christmas goat and was gasping for air seriously.
The pain was much for me but I endured even as I gaped in pain as I felt the hot, sticky substance streaming down between my laps
Was I dying?
When one loses blood, it is said that life is being lost.
Was I losing my life too?
But wait…
I could hear the sound of a piano
I listened more as I tried to quiet down my moaning.
Someone on the podium was playing the piano
Could the person not see me?
Could the person not rise up to help
TBC

MARA episode 23 .:
IS IT A MAN’S HELP YOU NEED NOW OR GOD’S?
I heard that down within me but I could say nothing!
I didn’t know how to pray
I didn’t know how to start bringing my allegations against God!
I didn’t know anything!
Nothing at all!
But I felt it deep within me that he could hear me…something told me with all assurance that He wasn’t deaf!
I became quiet and waited
The piano played on sweetly accompanied by the sonorous voice of the pianist
I must tell Jesus!
I must tell Jesus all of my troubles
He is a kind compassionate friend
If I but ask him, he would deliver,
make all my troubles quickly an end.
My heart became swollen within me with every word of the stanza
“I really must tell Jesus” I repeated on and on, my voice waning and fading as I spoke.
My eyes were still shut tightly and my voice scratchy
“If I only ask you, You will deliver Oh Lord…I ask you oh Lord!…I ask you Lord!” I repeated again, my heart’s burden outpouring
WHAT DO YOU ASK FOR? WHAT?
I heard that clearly too
Obviously, the Holy Spirit must be praying for me as it is written of Him in Romans 8:26 because hearing those spiritual suggestions sounded surreal to me
What exactly do I really want?
I wanted a lot of things but I had learnt that in asking anything from the Lord, specificity was key!
I’d got to specify
What do I want oh Lord?
I started crying again.
What was I supposed to ask for?
Hannah’s only problem was barrenness and reproach attached to it and she couldn’t voice out her prayers but could only moaned because of the abundance of bitterness in her heart.
What about me ?
What do I have to say?
That my husband be normalized?
What if he does something worse to me afterwards?
That my children be great?
What if I die and …oh my! What was I supposed to say oh Lord?
The piano started another tune and my heart was overwhelmed in quietness again
“Just as I am- though tossed about
With many a conflict, many a doubt
Fightings and fears within, without
Oh lamb of God, I come, I come!
Oh yes I come Lord!
With many conflicts….down in my life, my heart, my family, my all!
With many doubt in my heart…a lot of them Lord!
I have fightings within me and a great fear lurking around me…
Oh I come…. I come Lord!
I cried out the more
What do you want exactly?
It was precise again and oh yes, what do I want?
The piano started again with the great voice
“I will never let you go, except you bless me…” the voice started again and I accompanied it
If the person couldn’t hear me or couldn’t see me, I didn’t know- I couldn’t say!
All I knew was that whatever it was that he was doing right on the altar was speaking to me too….
The wordings of the song were Jacob’s words
I could remember that story too!
Jacob fought with an angel….he fought!
BUT HE DIDN’T FIGHT AIMLESSLY, DID HE?
The voice asked again and I shook my head
That was so true…but what was his request ?
HE PUSHED!
I heard again
Pushed?
PRAY UNTIL SOMETHING HAPPENS- PUSH!
I heard it so deeply in my heart and I was aroused in my heart
“Lord, I’ve got to Pray Until your Spirit Hovers over me” I heard the voice of the pianist too
Was he pushing too?
PRAY UNTIL SATAN HUSHES!
I heard again
Oh my goodness!
That’s the key!
The devil had to just hush and stp the nonsense he had been doing in my life and family.
He’d got to stop!
Teach me to pray Lord!
Help me labor in prayer and until something happens, don’t let me leave Lord!
I am ready to push!
“From today, your name shall no longer be called Jacob but Israel…” those words came like a spire on my ears and I smiled like a warrior that had found out the Achilles’ heels of his opponent.
I now know what to say!
A change of name!
That was all I needed!
“Oh Lord, I am Glory…Ogooluwa is my name. you made me gloriously and anything contrary to Glory in my life isn’t your will for me dear savior”
I swallowed

MARA episode 24 .:
I was really pray, right?
Great!
“But the enemy has turned my glory to story. He had made my life so sour. He has turned me to Mara- to bitterness” I cried on as I beat my laps in anguish
“Mara isn’t my name anymore oh Lord! Change my name!” I screamed aloud as if my life depended on the volume of my voice and of course it did depend on it.
“I forgive all the assailants but I really do want to live for you- the way you had intended it to be from the very beginning”
RIGHT! YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!
It was as if I heard a crowd of people clapping for me as I said that prayer point
ONCE YOU FAIL TO FIND OUT GOD’S PURPOSE FOR YOUR LIFE, YOU ARE GONE!
THE EARLIER YOU FIND OUT THAT PURPOSE, THE BETTER IT WOULD BE FOR YOU!
I cried out the more as it dawned on me that I had ought to have sought God’s purpose for my life earlier!
I had had many men and women preach to me on many occasion but never did I pay them any attention!
Never did I take them serious
The pianist played on, singing with all seriousness while I travailed on in prayers.
For the first time in my life, I felt like I was doing the “rightest” thing ever!
For once!
>>>>>>>>
As I said the last prayer of my long session of prayers, I looked outside through the opened window and it was stark dark!
The church had become illuminated!
I sat up and the pain in my tummy had drastically reduced
I smiled to myself
I needed a sign that God had heard my prayers now.
“If you have heard my prayers Lord and you want to reassure me, by the time I look at the floor, let there be no blood on the floor. Then would I believe you more” o said
I had heard that Gideon asked God for sighs from God
Moses did too!
I was only doing what the holy patriarchs had done!
I was more than justified!
As I looked down gradually, my heart started racing until my eye met with it, plainly, face-to-face…
My blood!
I was disappointed
I had really bled and there I was, seated in the puddle of my blood
God failed the first test!
NO, YOU FAILED THE FIRST TEST!
I heard the voice retorting and I sprung up suddenly, defying the mild pains in my tummy
I had to look around
“How?” I asked, moving towards the altar
The piano wasn’t sounding anymore and the pianist was on his knees, backing me.
YOU FAILED THE TEST OF FAITH!
How Lord? How?
FOR THE FIRST TIME, YOU HAD A STILLNESS IN YOUR HEART AS YOU PRAYED…YOU FELT MY PRESENCE!
Oh yes Lord!…That’s so right!
YET YOU STILL ASKED FOR A SIGN!
SO, THAT WASN’T ENOUGH SIGN TO TELL YOU THAT I HAD HEARD YOU, HUH?
I gasped in realization of what I had been told through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
While we have obeyed God and we are on our knees praying and God says …”You are on point daughter. Come further”…we would start…we would pray like craze. Then, we would touch our pain, the swollen part of our diseased body and our already encouraged swollen faith would burst like a festering boil and like Peter, who looking at the waves after he had successfully started the On the water walk started sinking when he looked away from the master, we would start sinking too!
I just understood!
Hmmmmmm
YOU FAILED THE TEST OF FAITH!
It was a calm yet stern voice!
I was shaken!
I hoped sincerely that I hadn’t spoilt my hours of prayer with the faithless act and words of mine
“I am sorry Lord. I am sorry” I cried out aloud
“Thanks for hearing me oh Lord!” the guy said and started playing the piano again!
Has it been this guy’s voice that I had been hearing since?
Or had he been praying for me?
Why was it that everything he said and did correlated with all I was doing too?
What?
Why
“Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee…How great Thou art…How great Thou art…” the guy played on and on until I was confused
Why?
Because…
That was the song on my mind;
Because…
I was standing right in front of the guy and he wasn’t even bothered.
He wasn’t moved
He dint behave as if I was there
He didn’t flinch
This young guy should be up to 30 years and I am well over that…couldn’t he see that?
This boy is out-rightly spoilt!
He grinned
I was madder
He grinned yet
“You are here right? You are here to take me away abi?” he asked and I looked so confused
“Who?” I asked to be sure, looking around to be certain that it was only the two of us that was around
He rubbed his head softly as he grinned yet
“You, my mummy” he said and I was confused
He wasn’t looking up at me yet
“Mummy? Your mummy?” I asked, very puzzled
He smiled
“God told me that you would come for me today and you are here. Obviously doesn’t lie” he exclaimed, still facing down
I was more than confused
The stench from my already dried body fluid had irritated me and as I tried to decode whatever it was that was coming out from the young guy, I became more irritated.
Mummy?
Come for him?
Me?
Or someone come for me sef!
Or, did Adejare have a child outside wedlock?
What was he saying exactly?
What?
Why wasn’t he even looking at me at all?
Why oh Lord?
TBC
Re: Mara by marychommy(f): 5:54am On Feb 28, 2018
Wooooow after 2good yrs yet u still picked it up. thanks for dis and pls finish it up

(1) (Reply)

I Killed My Husband. (a Short Tragedy) / Do You Want To Meet Prof. Wole Soyinka? / Assignment : Blackmail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 400
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.