Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Why People Should Be Careful Of All These Networking Businesses: (read Carefully - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why People Should Be Careful Of All These Networking Businesses: (read Carefully (1590 Views)

Why Business Beginners Should Be Careful Of Partnership Business / Networking Businesses / Fiverr Leveraging Project> Read Carefully And Join Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why People Should Be Careful Of All These Networking Businesses: (read Carefully by Pope22(m): 12:36pm On Nov 16, 2016
Before I tell you people something about this networking business, let me say that I don't blame those who patronise them, times are hard, economy is very bad, there is suffering but let's be careful please.

My story:
This is a true story and some of you who live or have lived in Onitsha around 2010/2011 may understand or remember what am about to say here.
A woman that lived in feggae then, all of a sudden started telling people that if you pay N3,000 you will be given a bag of rice. A bag of rice then was N8,000. People started paying and started getting bags of rice depending on how much you paid. I paid N3,000 and I was given 1 bag of rice the next day and it was like a magic; so I started telling people about it and people started paying. Those who paid and got bags of rice like I did also started telling people and people started paying and be getting bags of rice after like 3 - 5 days. Everybody was surprised how this thing was possible. I started looking into that and found out that when 3 people paid which would give them 9,000; they will buy I bag of rice and give the first person and make N1,000 profit. Which means for you to get a bag of rice if you paid N3,000, 3 people must pay after you. For the second person to get his or her 1 bag of rice, 6 people must pay after him or her. For the third person to get 1 bag of rice, 9 people must pay after him or her. In every 1 bag of rice they would give out, they would make N1,000 profit. So, what they did then was to wait when a good number of people like 30 people paid N3,000 each which would amount to N90,000, they will buy 10 bags of rice (N80,000) and give the first 10 people and ask others to come back next week.

Calculations:
The 30 people that paid them would give them a total of N90,000 and they would buy 10 bags of rice for the first 10 people which would amount to N80,000. N10,000 is their gain; remember every I bag of rice given out would give then N1,000 profit.

Before that next week which they have asked others to come back, more people must have paid and they would buy and keep giving as the queue kept growing. This is networking. The business kept going because more people kept complying and paying, people kept getting rice just like people are now getting their monthly percentage in MMM because people were still coming, complying and paying. One thing with networking business is that it will not have any problem so long people keep applying and paying just like the rice networking business was going on well and fine because more people were paying due to the testimonies given by those who have received their own rice.

After some months, trust Nigerians; other people started opening their own outlets for rice networking businesses. This thing happened in Onitsha (Anambra state). I even opened my own and it was going on very well. My own stand then was along porthacourt Road, close to St. Jude's Catholic church, feggae. Before you knew it, the whole Onitsha became rice networking business area, outlets every where. People kept paying and the first set kept receiving bags of rice until when the queue became too much and the rate at which people used to come and pay reduced because there were other outlets almost every where. No money to buy more rice and give to those who have not gotten. Sometimes you will hear someone saying that his or her number was No. 4000; which means 12000 people have to pay before such person would receive his or her own bag of rice and if you check it, the number of people in their register maybe 5900. Which means that the person whose number was No. 4000 may never get his or her rice because people have reduced with the rate they used to come and complains had started flying around, so people were now afraid to pay, some would be like I won't pay until my friend or sister who was at No. 4000 gets.

Pressure became too much for the woman because everyday people would come and queue up infornt of his outlet waiting for their bags of rice; people who have paid not people who were yet to pay. If the total number of the people in the register was 5900 and they paid N3000 each, which means they had N17,700000 which would only be able to buy 2,212 bags of rice if they don't want to make their own profit, which means it won't even be able to buy upto that number of bags of rice because they will deduct their own profit but let's assume they were father Christmas. The remaining 3,688 would be waiting in vain unless more people started coming of which more people have stopped coming. This is how the woman ended up owing over 3,600 people then and when the pressure became too much on her, she ran away and nobody ever saw her again. People cried and regretted. Other outlets like ours started folding up and ruuning for our dear life because police started arresting anybody who had any outlet for rice networking business. You would count yourself lucky if police arrested you because most people who owned such outlets were beaten to coma, some were given unforgetable injuries by angry mob because of what happened in other outlets. I simply left Onitsha and relocated to my brother's house in the North and returned after some years. The worse part of it is that people like us that started it at late hour didn't gain anything but to run for our dear life.

So my dear people, MMM is not different from what I just narrated here if really you understood what you read above. MMM and every other online networking business will definitely come to an end with time, its a networking thing which only functions when more people keep applying. With time, people will defintely stop applying and those who applied will be stuck. There is nothing you would do about it because if you complain, you will be asked to get more people. When people start complaining of not getting their percentage returns, people will definitely stop.

Cc: lalasticlala

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why People Should Be Careful Of All These Networking Businesses: (read Carefully by battery(m): 12:39pm On Nov 16, 2016
MMM has been targeting Nigeria for long but they couldn't because things used to be well and people have never suffered to this extent they do suffer now. Buhari opened door for MMM with hardship, econony recession, unemployment, etc and they entered. If things are ok, if Nigerians are not suffering, if economy is good, if there are jobs; am not sure Nigerians will patronise MMM the way they do now. Whatever that is happening to every nigerian is from Buhari and we thank him for that.

This thing should be moved to the front page asap to save souls!!!
Re: Why People Should Be Careful Of All These Networking Businesses: (read Carefully by Harry3: 12:53pm On Nov 16, 2016
Cc: Lalasticlala, cc: dominique, cc: puskin...come and read o!!!!
Re: Why People Should Be Careful Of All These Networking Businesses: (read Carefully by Pope22(m): 1:02pm On Nov 16, 2016
battery:
MMM has been targeting Nigeria for long but they couldn't because things used to be well and people have never suffered to this extent they do suffer now. Buhari opened door for MMM with hardship, econony recession, unemployment, etc and they entered. If things are ok, if Nigerians are not suffering, if economy is good, if there are jobs; am not sure Nigerians will patronise MMM the way they do now. Whatever that is happening to every nigerian is from Buhari and we thank him for that.

You sound reasonable!
Re: Why People Should Be Careful Of All These Networking Businesses: (read Carefully by Edwinmason(m): 1:06pm On Nov 16, 2016
long but informative
Re: Why People Should Be Careful Of All These Networking Businesses: (read Carefully by Harry3: 1:12pm On Nov 16, 2016
Edwinmason:
long but informative
And many wil nt read it to understand it due to laziness...
Re: Why People Should Be Careful Of All These Networking Businesses: (read Carefully by Pieromania: 1:18pm On Nov 16, 2016
ur analysis is quite wrong my brother,the rice networking business didn't have the same MMM principle,u operated a system with a centralised account,this is what is called pure ponzi scheme.
MMM is a peer to peer donation without a central account,it is called crowd funding just like ur bank too.the money people donate does nt go to MMM bt a fellow participant,MMM is jst a platform that connects both the donor and the receiver.
Crowd funding business is the most reliable if nt,banks would have closed dwn long ago

2 Likes

Re: Why People Should Be Careful Of All These Networking Businesses: (read Carefully by Edwinmason(m): 2:06pm On Nov 16, 2016
Harry3:
And many wil nt read it to understand it due to laziness...
true talk
Re: Why People Should Be Careful Of All These Networking Businesses: (read Carefully by Benjom(m): 2:14pm On Nov 16, 2016
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Hope they'll hear.
Re: Why People Should Be Careful Of All These Networking Businesses: (read Carefully by Pope22(m): 2:43pm On Nov 16, 2016
Pieromania:
ur analysis is quite wrong my brother,the rice networking business didn't have the same MMM principle,u operated a system with a centralised account,this is what is called pure ponzi scheme.
MMM is a peer to peer donation without a central account,it is called crowd funding just like ur bank too.the money people donate does nt go to MMM bt a fellow participant,MMM is jst a platform that connects both the donor and the receiver.
Crowd funding business is the most reliable if nt,banks would have closed dwn long ago
Banks dont easily fold because they are registered with certain amount of money with central bank which will be given to their customers in case they fold and banks cannot risk such amount and run away, that's why people will and forver give banks their money to keep and use for business because its guaranteed to leave your money with banks because you are covered with the money they left in central bank; people will also be opening accounts and will never stop. Even if no customer comes to deposit money in a bank in a day, they will still pay anybody who wants to withdraw that day.. Besides, banks still folded in the past because there was no any money they left with central bank. Which people did MMM register with, how will you recover your money if it folds, who will you meet?

1 Like

Re: Why People Should Be Careful Of All These Networking Businesses: (read Carefully by Pieromania: 3:06pm On Nov 16, 2016
Pope22:

Banks dont easily fold because they are registered with certain amount of money with central bank which will be given to their customers in case they fold and banks cannot risk such amount and run away, that's why people will and forver give banks their money to keep and use for business because its guaranteed to leave your money with banks because you are covered with the money they left in central bank; people will also be opening accounts and will never stop. Even if no customer comes to deposit money in a bank in a day, they will still pay anybody who wants to withdraw that day.. Besides, banks still folded in the past because there was no any money they left with central bank. Which people did MMM register with, how will you recover your money if it folds, who will you meet?
WHR IS MY MONEY AND SHARES WIT DEFUNCT INTERCONTINENTAL BANK,WHR IS STANDARD BANK,OCEANIC,SOCIETE DE GENERAL BANK,TO MENTION BT FEW.
2NDLY,WHAT THE BANK IS TELLING THEIR CUSTOMERS ON THE ISSUE OF CAPITAL BASE WITH CENTRAL BANK IS NOTHING BT FALSE CONFIDENCE,LET THEM CRASH AND SEE IF U WIL HAVE UR MONEY BACK.ONLY DANGOTE'S MONEY+OTEDOLA AND CO. IS MORE THAN THE FALLACIOUS CAPITAL BASE WHC THEY NEVER BE ABLE TO REFUND ALL SHOULD THEY CRASH,NT TO TALK OF OVER 100M NIGERIANS.
MMM HAS MORE SOLID FINANCIAL REGULATORY SYSTEM THAN EVN UR SO-CALLED BANKS.IF UR BANKS DIDN'T CRASH,MMM WON'T CRASH,IT IS D SAME PRINCIPLE THAT GOVERNS BOTH OF THEM,NO DIFFERENCE.

1 Like

Re: Why People Should Be Careful Of All These Networking Businesses: (read Carefully by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 16, 2016
The day Nigerians will start minding their business will be the day prosperity starts knocking.

Op mind your business!! Let us be the judge of how we invest or spend our money. Let me make it clear; whether MMM crashes today or not, I WILL NEVER regret participating in it. Got that!!

1 Like

Re: Why People Should Be Careful Of All These Networking Businesses: (read Carefully by permanentgrace(m): 4:00pm On Nov 16, 2016
battery:

Save which souls? I don't know why non-mmm participants cannot just mind their business and leave us alone. Like we are not fully aware of the risk involved and consent to it? Leave us alone pls. Is that too hard to do?

1 Like

Re: Why People Should Be Careful Of All These Networking Businesses: (read Carefully by Pope22(m): 6:48am On Nov 17, 2016
permanentgrace:

Save which souls? I don't know why non-mmm participants cannot just mind their business and leave us alone. Like we are not fully aware of the risk involved and consent to it? Leave us alone pls. Is that too hard to do?
Royal155:

The day Nigerians will start minding their business will be the day prosperity starts knocking.
Op mind your business!! Let us be the judge of how we invest or spend our money. Let me make it clear; whether MMM crashes today or not, I WILL NEVER regret participating in it. Got that!!
LAZINESS AND STURBORNESS!!
Re: Why People Should Be Careful Of All These Networking Businesses: (read Carefully by Pope22(m): 6:56am On Nov 17, 2016
Pieromania:

WHR IS MY MONEY AND SHARES WIT DEFUNCT INTERCONTINENTAL BANK,WHR IS STANDARD BANK,OCEANIC,SOCIETE DE GENERAL BANK,TO MENTION BT FEW.
2NDLY,WHAT THE BANK IS TELLING THEIR CUSTOMERS ON THE ISSUE OF CAPITAL BASE WITH CENTRAL BANK IS NOTHING BT FALSE CONFIDENCE,LET THEM CRASH AND SEE IF U WIL HAVE UR MONEY BACK.ONLY DANGOTE'S MONEY+OTEDOLA AND CO. IS MORE THAN THE FALLACIOUS CAPITAL BASE WHC THEY NEVER BE ABLE TO REFUND ALL SHOULD THEY CRASH,NT TO TALK OF OVER 100M NIGERIANS.
MMM HAS MORE SOLID FINANCIAL REGULATORY SYSTEM THAN EVN UR SO-CALLED BANKS.IF UR BANKS DIDN'T CRASH,MMM WON'T CRASH,IT IS D SAME PRINCIPLE THAT GOVERNS BOTH OF THEM,NO DIFFERENCE.
I pity you, look at the old generation banks you are mentioning, most of these banks you mentioned were the ones that were operating when there was no rule of fixed amount with central bank except oceanic and intercontinental banks. Meanwhile let me tell you something, oceanic didn't fold, if you had an account with oceanic bank before they became eco bank, all your money will still be there, the only thing is that your account number will change not your balance, so get that well. Same is applied to intercontinental bank when they changed to access bank. You were the one that first used bank to back up your ignorance and claims about MMM that bank don't close down, now same you is also telling me the banks that closed down in the past. Please, are you confused because you are just countering yourself here. Its obvious you have refused to learn to learn, same way you just asked of your money with oceanic and intercontinental is same way you will also ask of your money with MMM when the time comes.
Re: Why People Should Be Careful Of All These Networking Businesses: (read Carefully by Pieromania: 7:19am On Nov 17, 2016
Pope22:

I pity you, look at the old generation banks you are mentioning, most of these banks you mentioned were the ones that were operating when there was no rule of fixed amount with central bank except oceanic and intercontinental banks. Meanwhile let me tell you something, oceanic didn't fold, if you had an account with oceanic bank before they became eco bank, all your money will still be there, the only thing is that your account number will change not your balance, so get that well. Same is applied to intercontinental bank when they changed to access bank. You were the one that first used bank to back up your ignorance and claims about MMM that bank don't close down, now same you is also telling me the banks that closed down in the past. Please, are you confused because you are just countering yourself here. Its obvious you have refused to learn to learn, same way you just asked of your money with oceanic and intercontinental is same way you will also ask of your money with MMM when the time comes.
RUBBISH!I HAD SHARES IN INTERCONTINENTAL BANK B4 THEY FOLDED UP.GO THERE NW AND SEE D GRAMMAR THEY ARE SPEAKING.MY SIS HAD SOME WITH OCEANIC,GO THERE NW AND FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MONEY.
MOREOVER,WHAT IS UR PROBLEM WITH MMM,IS IT UR MONEY?WHEN DID THEY START CARING ABT THE MASSES?THERE IS NO AMOUNT I WIL LOOSE IN MMM COMPARED TO WHAT I HAVE MADE.MMM HAS BEEN OPERATING 4 MORE THAN 4 YRS NW YET NO ONE HAS EVER LOST A DIME.KEEP DREAMING AND HOPING IT CRASHES TIL U GRW GREY HAIR
Re: Why People Should Be Careful Of All These Networking Businesses: (read Carefully by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 17, 2016
Pope22:

LAZINESS AND STURBORNESS!!
Thank you. Now can you let us be? I enjoy being 'lazy'.
Re: Why People Should Be Careful Of All These Networking Businesses: (read Carefully by Donpizzle(m): 5:48pm On Nov 22, 2016
Pope22:

Mark my words; very soon you look back on this post with so much regret koz you will start wondering why you never joined earlier( you will join b4 you know it). I was in your shoe and I am even regretting y I joined late. I have so many friends also regretting that they should hv joined earlier. You better stop deceiving yourself and secure your financial status NOW. Stop drinking panadol for another man's headache. Shey na your money?
Re: Why People Should Be Careful Of All These Networking Businesses: (read Carefully by Pope22(m): 8:54am On Dec 15, 2016
Donpizzle:

Mark my words; very soon you look back on this post with so much regret koz you will start wondering why you never joined earlier( you will join b4 you know it). I was in your shoe and I am even regretting y I joined late. I have so many friends also regretting that they should hv joined earlier. You better stop deceiving yourself and secure your financial status NOW. Stop drinking panadol for another man's headache. Shey na your money?
Bro, how far?
Re: Why People Should Be Careful Of All These Networking Businesses: (read Carefully by Donpizzle(m): 12:31pm On Dec 15, 2016
Pope22:

Bro, how far?
Wait till next yr. Let's c who laff last.
Re: Why People Should Be Careful Of All These Networking Businesses: (read Carefully by Pope22(m): 8:15am On Dec 16, 2016
Donpizzle:

Wait till next yr. Let's c who laff last.
Good luck bro! After paying you next year, let's see how many people that will continue. Go and work hard nd stop looking for shortcuts to mke money. Laziness!!
Re: Why People Should Be Careful Of All These Networking Businesses: (read Carefully by Donpizzle(m): 10:58am On Dec 16, 2016
Pope22:

Good luck bro! After paying you next year, let's see how many people that will continue. Go and work hard nd stop looking for shortcuts to mke money. Laziness!!

Your mentality baffles me. I assume you are stupid. If you hv sense, you wil know that not all participants are jobless. Think before you talk.

Re: Why People Should Be Careful Of All These Networking Businesses: (read Carefully by Pope22(m): 12:47pm On Dec 16, 2016
Donpizzle:

Your mentality baffles me. I assume you are stupid. If you hv sense, you wil know that not all participants are jobless. Think before you talk.
You are silly!!!
An idiot!!!
Re: Why People Should Be Careful Of All These Networking Businesses: (read Carefully by Donpizzle(m): 1:25pm On Dec 16, 2016
Pope22:

Am sorry, only a silly person makes this assumption. If I am silly then you are (silly)². MUMU

Re: Why People Should Be Careful Of All These Networking Businesses: (read Carefully by Pope22(m): 12:31pm On Jan 21, 2017
Donpizzle:

Am sorry, only a silly person makes this assumption. If I am silly then you are (silly)². MUMU

Pls have you been paid? Just asking sha.
Re: Why People Should Be Careful Of All These Networking Businesses: (read Carefully by Pope22(m): 10:17am On Jan 27, 2017
Donpizzle:

This one you didn't want to reply me; are you deaf or dump or blind?

HAVE YOU BEEN PAID
I asked because I want to register and become gullible like you.
Re: Why People Should Be Careful Of All These Networking Businesses: (read Carefully by Donpizzle(m): 10:23am On Jan 27, 2017
Pope22:

This one you didn't want to reply me; are you deaf or dump or blind?

HAVE YOU BEEN PAID
I asked because I want to register and become gullible like you.

You can do better than monitoring people's finance. Enemy of progress.... Go fix your mentality.
Re: Why People Should Be Careful Of All These Networking Businesses: (read Carefully by Pope22(m): 2:40pm On Jan 27, 2017
Donpizzle:

You can do better than monitoring people's finance. Enemy of progress.... Go fix your mentality.

We are not fighting bro...its a simple question. Have you been paid I want to JOIN!

(1) (Reply)

10 Amazing Entrepreneurs Who Had Accomplished Nothing By Age 30 / Hire A Writer Now / 15 Benefits Of Financial Intelligence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.