Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

I Shouldn't Be Complaining But I Can't Help It - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Shouldn't Be Complaining But I Can't Help It (1224 Views)

Please Help!! I Need Job Coz I Can't Help Myself Anymore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Shouldn't Be Complaining But I Can't Help It by shutupareyouGOD: 7:45pm On Nov 16, 2016
I prayed day and night for a job and God gave me...not my dream job but I thought I could manage.
But what happens when you are are not happy in your job. I try to enjoy it but I don't love what I'm doing. Does anyone else feel this way and how do you cope. cuz I always felt I should love my job but I dont. And it's not about the money ey
Re: I Shouldn't Be Complaining But I Can't Help It by TheArchangel(f): 7:57pm On Nov 16, 2016
Suck it up, hold on tight and keep on applying cos we gonna hit Jackpots soon

1 Like

Re: I Shouldn't Be Complaining But I Can't Help It by martinz1: 4:25am On Nov 17, 2016
shutupareyouGOD:
I prayed day and night for a job and God gave me...not my dream job but I thought I could manage.
But what happens when you are are not happy in your job. I try to enjoy it but I don't love what I'm doing. Does anyone else feel this way and how do you cope. cuz I always felt I should love my job but I dont. And it's not about the money ey
If d pay is perfect, mehn u just have to love it
grin

1 Like

Re: I Shouldn't Be Complaining But I Can't Help It by sholay2011(m): 4:46am On Nov 17, 2016
@ It is well. Of course, many people will flood this thread that you should just suck it up and do your job since you are at least getting paid but there are some stages one gets in life that not loving your job or feeling fulfilled gradually kills you inside. In fact, unlike a jobless person that may easily garner the sympathy of people, others will be envious of you and will try to shut you up if you try to complain in the face of this recession.

I won't say I am in your shoes because I love what I am doing right now; but I once worked in a place for few months where the pay was very okay for a fresh graduate, the boss was nice and colleagues weren't too bad. BUT, I just knew I was in the wrong place and never felt comfortable at all. And I know myself, there is nothing that will make me love the job regardless of the pay. What I did was to take actions rather than complain because in the naija environment, people may roll their eyes at such 'ingratitude'.

So, identify the field that you love and work towards it while you put your best in what you are currently doing. I also believe whatever is worth doing at all is worth doing well. And at least, man must chop. But start setting time aside to work towards what you love (maybe applying for jobs in that line or doing some certifications or registering with a body or saving and researching on furthering your education abroad) so one doesn't look back with regret and complain he or she existed, instead of living.

I know things are hard, 'there are no jobs'...etc...but we are all also entitled to be happy.

Lastly, your thread should have been opened at the Career section instead of here. #My opinion. #

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Shouldn't Be Complaining But I Can't Help It by Gbengageorge: 12:24pm On Nov 17, 2016
TheArchangel:
Suck it up, hold on tight and keep on applying cos we gonna hit Jackpots soon

I love this comment . thumbs up.
Re: I Shouldn't Be Complaining But I Can't Help It by shutupareyouGOD: 10:11pm On Sep 24, 2017
Remember when I created this thread. ...Thanks know you Lord for changing my story.

2 Likes

Re: I Shouldn't Be Complaining But I Can't Help It by ChocolateBunny: 11:08pm On Sep 24, 2017
shutupareyouGOD:
Remember when I created this thread. ...Thanks know you Lord for changing my story.
Im happy for u,i'm next in line...Amen
Re: I Shouldn't Be Complaining But I Can't Help It by sholay2011(m): 2:27am On Sep 25, 2017
shutupareyouGOD:
Congrats.

(1) (Reply)

Teachers Needed / 11 Things You Say That Instantly Ruin Your Job Interview / Sure Drugs Ltd!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.