Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Why Would God Need Humans To Serve Him. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Would God Need Humans To Serve Him. (1052 Views)

Why Would God Do This? / Feeling Awkward Towards Christianity And God, Need Counseling... / Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Would God Need Humans To Serve Him. by eyidaythedon(m): 8:06pm On Nov 16, 2016
The way religion is going in this country is just counter common sense and it has got me thinking. If God has a host of angels in heaven, 24 elders, 4 terrifying beasts, Rev 5:11 even went further to record that And behold, i heard the voices of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands. With all this stupendeous figures why the hell will god need man to worship him. I am not a christian but to avoid been dogmatic i will compromise on my stand that God does not exist and take my arguement further as thus:
If God really created the earth and humans, then i don't think it was for us to worship him even Jesus says in Luke 19:40 that if the people should hold their peace, the stones will immediately cry out, so if God can even raise stones to worship him then the question remains, why would God need humans to worship him as Christians claim.
The only order God gave man is to take dominion of this planet earth and not serve him and as per that, it is only scientists that is really following Gods instructions.

3 Likes

Re: Why Would God Need Humans To Serve Him. by peacesamuel94(m): 8:19pm On Nov 16, 2016
eyidaythedon:
The way religion is going in this country is just counter common sense and it has got me thinking. If God has a host of angels in heaven, 24 elders, 4 terrifying beasts, Rev 5:11 even went further to record that And behold, i heard the voices of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands. With all this stupendeous figures why the hell will god need man to worship him. I am not a christian but to avoid been dogmatic i will compromise on my stand that God does not exist and take my arguement further as thus:
If God really created the earth and humans, then i don't think it was for us to worship him even Jesus says in Luke 19:40 that if the people should hold their peace, the stones will immediately cry out, so if God can even raise stones to worship him then the question remains, why would God need humans to worship him as Christians claim.

Man is unique, He was created in the Image and likeness of God and This distinguishes him from every other creation of God

Almost everyone prefers the Love they get from their Biological Children over the Love coming From the adopted ones...... The relationship between man and God can be likened to that of Parents and their Biological Children.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Need Humans To Serve Him. by sirthisthickkal: 8:20pm On Nov 16, 2016
and here we go again... undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Need Humans To Serve Him. by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 16, 2016
i wont talk to much, cause it seems arguement is taking its height here all in the name of religion.

I dont love my religion , but i love Christ.

And concerning the question, God wants humans to serve him (my view) cause we were created in his own imagine. In matthew chapter 4 vs 9 'and saith unto him(by the devil to Jesus), all there things will i give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me' even the devil obviously wants worship and praises.

So why do you think God wants praise for humans? Only God can tell , and i pray He gives me that unfolding revelation about Him (so i could tell it to you , how real He is).

To me modern praise is not even enough, cause he said , 'he knew us before we were formed/born'.

So tell me how much praise can you give unto Him that would be enough?
How much praises will you give unto Him like King David did?
How much dance or names will you give unto him that would be enough?

Let me just let you know that God doesn't sees us has is image , but has is TOOL .and if you won't praise him,He said 'I will raise stones to praise me' if you cant.

Shalom!
Re: Why Would God Need Humans To Serve Him. by Glock9(m): 8:48pm On Nov 16, 2016
Since He made me, ill follow and praise him forever.
Re: Why Would God Need Humans To Serve Him. by obinna58(m): 9:06pm On Nov 16, 2016
Religious people be like

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Need Humans To Serve Him. by jonbellion(m): 11:42pm On Nov 16, 2016
eyidaythedon:
The only order God gave man is to take dominion of this planet earth and not serve him and as per that, it is only scientists that is really following Gods instructions.
lol he has a weird ego obviously. I mean worshipping him forever and ever??
Eventually somebody on this forum like naijadeyhia or kingEbukasblog would rebel and then all this nonsense would start all over again grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Would God Need Humans To Serve Him. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:16am On Nov 17, 2016
peacesamuel94:

Man is unique, He was created in the Image and likeness of God and This distinguishes him from every other creation of God

Almost everyone prefers the Love they get from their Biological Children over the Love coming From the adopted ones...... The relationship between man and God can be likened to that of Parents and their Biological Children.

Very good response .

@ jonbellion eyidaythedon

You have to understand the context "stones" was used

During the triumphant entry of Jesus into Jerusalem , he was hailed as a King and people praised God in loud voices for the miracles they had seen.

38 “Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!”

“Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!”

Then it verse 39 the Pharisees felt the noise was raucous and they asked Christ to tell his disciples to keep quiet .

vs 39 Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, “Teacher, rebuke your disciples!”

It could be that Christ was just expressing his dominion over all creation as God whom He is and that nothing can stop the praise even if it means causing stones to praise Him or it could be that the Gentiles , who were compared to stones , will cry out against the Pharisees .

40 “I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.”

God is worshiped and praised because He only is worthy cool

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Need Humans To Serve Him. by Nobody: 2:09am On Nov 17, 2016
Truly our christian religiosity is counter common sense or rather the practitioners. However, this is the greatest commandment and in it the whole law is complete: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind' and 'Love your neighbour as yourself.' ... 'Do this and you will live.' (Luke 10...)

'If you love Me, you will keep My commandments...They who have my commandments and keep them are those who love Me; and those who love Me will be loved by my Father, and I will love them and reveal myself to them.' Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, 'Lord, how is it that you will reveal yourself to us, and not to the world?' Jesus answered him, 'Those who love me will keep My word, and my Father will love them, and We will come to them and make our home with them. Whoever does not love Me does not keep my words; and the word that you hear is not Mine, but is from the Father who sent me.'' (John 14...)

Those who say, "I love God," and hate their brothers or sisters, are liars; for those who do not love a brother or sister whom they have seen, cannot love God whom they have not seen. The commandment we have from Him is this: those who love God must love their brothers and sisters also (1 John 4:20-21)

He who loves his neighbour, the poor, the orphan, the hungry, the helpless, the widow ... loves God. This is religion that is pleasing to God. Giving to these lot is giving to God and what is pleasing to God. (Matt 25:31-46; Luke 10:25-37) 'Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble... (James 1:27) This is Christianity, what's in the Bible and taught by Christ Jesus, the righteous Judge of the living and the dead.
Trying to do these, we always find that we are inadequate and why we always ask God to have mercy on us because we are sinners.

Our fascination with magic and voodoo from our juju oriented culture has influenced our christianity so that it appeals to our penchant for greed, materialism, emotionalism and oppression that is inherent in us Nigerians thereby leading to dishonest interpretations of Scripture to justify these desires. Just because it works for some doesn't make it true.

So, my friend, God is and He loves righteousness. Like the passage above, if you seek righteousness by loving God and keeping His commandments He will reveal Himself to you and you will then serve and worship Him. Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness...It all makes sense. And another thing to note, God does not need us to worship Him. If you come in contact with greatness, the Creator of all things. It is only natural to bow/submit/become reverent especially when you behold the bodiless beings (as you mentioned) that worship Him. For instance, you may dislike the president but if you eventually meet him, you would almost naturally be reverent and address the president the way the people that interact with him do. It is much more mysterious with God.

Man has dominion over the earth but is not god. Serving/worshipping God does not impede our dominion. Science does not antagonise religion, only some scientists do.

eyidaythedon:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Would God Need Humans To Serve Him. by jonbellion(m): 7:23am On Nov 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Very good response .

@ jonbellion eyidaythedon

You have to understand the context "stones" was used

During the triumphant entry of Jesus into Jerusalem , he was hailed as a King and people praised God in loud voices for the miracles they had seen.

38 “Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!”

“Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!”

Then it verse 39 the Pharisees felt the noise was raucous and they asked Christ to tell his disciples to keep quiet .

vs 39 Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, “Teacher, rebuke your disciples!”

It could be that Christ was just expressing his dominion over all creation as God whom He is and that nothing can stop the praise even if it means causing stones to praise Him or it could be that the Gentiles , who were compared to stones , will cry out against the Pharisees .

40 “I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.”

[b]God is worshiped and praised because He only is worthy [/b]cool
I see
But does this justify the fact that we have to kiss his ass for all eternity when there have been other beings doing the ass kissing long before us and the people who refuse to kiss his ass would be thrown into an abyss of torment and eternal despair

1 Like

Re: Why Would God Need Humans To Serve Him. by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 17, 2016
praise him or not, we are not worthy .
but just live your life in a peaceful way , but without Christ Jesus its not easy.
Re: Why Would God Need Humans To Serve Him. by Splinz(m): 7:38am On Nov 17, 2016
These questions are misplaced ones.

The right question to ask is: Why Did God Create Man In other word, Why Do I Exist

Interestingly enough, life is only meaningful when this most important question is answered.
Re: Why Would God Need Humans To Serve Him. by eyidaythedon(m): 1:18am On Nov 18, 2016
Splinz:
These questions are misplaced ones.

The right question to ask is: Why Did God Create Man In other word, Why Do I Exist

Interestingly enough, life is only meaningful when this most important question is answered.
As at the last time i checked, that question is the most difficult one to answer except when we die and God 'that's if He exists will have to tell us. Believe me, he has a lot of explanation to make since he intentionally or otherwise mystified us.
Re: Why Would God Need Humans To Serve Him. by eyidaythedon(m): 1:31am On Nov 18, 2016
royalvalentine19:
i wont talk to much, cause it seems arguement is taking its height here all in the name of religion.

I dont love my religion , but i love Christ.

And concerning the question, God wants humans to serve him (my view) cause we were created in his own imagine. In matthew chapter 4 vs 9 'and saith unto him(by the devil to Jesus), all there things will i give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me' even the devil obviously wants worship and praises.

So why do you think God wants praise for humans? Only God can tell , and i pray He gives me that unfolding revelation about Him (so i could tell it to you , how real He is).

To me modern praise is not even enough, cause he said , 'he knew us before we were formed/born'.

So tell me how much praise can you give unto Him that would be enough?
How much praises will you give unto Him like King David did?
How much dance or names will you give unto him that would be enough?

Let me just let you know that God doesn't sees us has is image , but has is TOOL .and if you won't praise him,He said 'I will raise stones to praise me' if you cant.

Shalom!
One would expect satan the devil to demand that and not God. Due to the inflated ego of the devil, he wanted to prove to God that he is above him and he can make his sopposed beloved creatures idolize him.
Re: Why Would God Need Humans To Serve Him. by Nobody: 1:42am On Nov 18, 2016
eyidaythedon:
One would expect satan the devil to demand that and not God.

Okay so your point is, God does not need your Praises?

Due to the inflated ego of the devil, he wanted to prove to God that he is above him and he can make his sopposed beloved creatures idolize him.

If the devil wants people to worship him , why do you think God ,does not deserve praises.

In Exodus 20. . The bible made me understand that 'You [humans] shall not serve any other god ,except Me(Yahweh)'

*what do you think God was talking about?

Serve him by saying he is not real?
Serve him by making people of NL lose their faith?

Answers the xteriked question.
The rest are rhetorical.
Good night.
Re: Why Would God Need Humans To Serve Him. by firstking01(m): 11:43am On Nov 18, 2016
peacesamuel94:

Godbless you for this...and plus, psalm 8 says, HE made the angels a little lower than man, meaning, HE(GOD) inhabits the worship from men more than angels.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is The Story Of Jesus Christ Really Fake And Copied From Egyptian Mythology? / How Would You Preach To A Suicidal Guy Who Has Lost Faith To Continuous Poverty? / Does The Bible Condemn Polygamy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.