Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,124 members, 7,838,858 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Here Is My Cv...pls Help - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Here Is My Cv...pls Help (863 Views)

Help Rewrite My CV / What Do You Think Of My CV: Is There Anything To Make It Better / Difficulties In Submitting My CV On Etisalat Recruitment Portal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here Is My Cv...pls Help by Nobody: 11:18pm On Nov 16, 2016
blessings as you read...
Re: Here Is My Cv...pls Help by Emmaesty(f): 11:58pm On Nov 16, 2016
There are a lot of typos. review your career profile and core competencies
Re: Here Is My Cv...pls Help by davide470(m): 12:04am On Nov 17, 2016
Emmaesty:
There are a lot of typos. review your career profile and core competencies
Madam HR
Re: Here Is My Cv...pls Help by Nobody: 12:44am On Nov 17, 2016
Just like Emmaesty pointed, work on your typos ans your formatting, your sections are too clustered.

In addition, I'd suggest you remove the 'second class lower' grade from your CV, stating your degree alone should suffice.

Davide470, well done o. Only you comment, only you hide your own comment. Issokay. cheesy
Re: Here Is My Cv...pls Help by Nobody: 6:36am On Nov 17, 2016
thanks...will do that asap...
Re: Here Is My Cv...pls Help by Emmaesty(f): 6:54am On Nov 17, 2016
davide470:
Madam HR
Lol.... I will get there grin grin grin
Re: Here Is My Cv...pls Help by Souljaboi1: 7:41am On Nov 17, 2016
I feel he needs more than just correct the typos. The orientation of the document is just not right. The blue colour and layout for headings isn't proper.

Besides, I don't think your marital status is needed on the CV. You can discuss that when you meet the panel.
Re: Here Is My Cv...pls Help by lepasharon(f): 8:09am On Nov 17, 2016
OP look up CV templates online for graduates
Re: Here Is My Cv...pls Help by Sanchez01: 10:53am On Nov 17, 2016
videomaid, there are so many errors in your CV. Would try to list them out;

1. Your orientation and alignment are not looking to good. I'd suggest you put your name up while you make it bigger but not too disturbing for the eyes. The font colour isn't so convincing as well.

2 Your initial word capitalization are not properly observed. Do well to work on this.
3. Your bio, idented to the right seems like you're writing a letter. It isn't looking too good. Your address isn't really needed in your CV. There are more pressing things that should have been there. Eg, Age, gender, Nigerian languages you can speak (it depends, though).
4. Too many grammatical errors, ranging from punctuation marks, to paragraphing.
5. Just saw your personal details now. Ideally, they should come just after your name is properly spread at the top.
6. Your line spacing is too conspicuous, which is very disturbing. Please do well to use the 'line spacing' tab to bring some things to size.
7. Core competencies shouldn't come there. There are better ways to presenting this. It's too early showing up there.
8. Your accomplishments are a no no. You equally need to do a lot of spell checking. Click on 'review' while using Office, then click 'spelling and grammar'.

Perhaps you get some samples. There are lots of good ones in the section. Have someone send you a sample. Regards.

(1) (Reply)

List Of Successful Candidates For The Police Recruitment Is Out. / Urgent Job Opportunities In An HMO / Sale Representative at ICT Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.