Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

5 Nigerian Comedians That You Never Knew Hate Themselves So Much (with Pictures) - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / 5 Nigerian Comedians That You Never Knew Hate Themselves So Much (with Pictures) (1960 Views)

10 'NEPA Moments' We've All Had (with Pictures) / Throwback Photos Of Nigerian Comedians That Will Crack You Up / 15 Funny But True Observations On Nairaland (with Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Nigerian Comedians That You Never Knew Hate Themselves So Much (with Pictures) by Vaxt(m): 12:45pm On Nov 17, 2016
What started the bad blood between Basketmouth and his colleague AY comedian is not known but it is an open secret that the two are not on good terms. Drum Roll, Leggoo…

1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerian Comedians That You Never Knew Hate Themselves So Much (with Pictures) by Vaxt(m): 12:47pm On Nov 17, 2016
5. Helen Paul and Alibaba Helen Paul recently took a jab at Ali Baba, Gordons and Basketmouth at the AY live show in Port Harcourt where she said that Ali was getting old and had no more jokes to crack. But, it seems like Ali Baba has replied her with a post on Instagram this morning. See what he wrote below: ”In life, there are many reasons some people will hate you. There are many reasons some will run you down. Some will say all sorts to make themselves feel important. Or get out of a tight corner. Some do it just to be happy. The people that you should beware of are those who say things and in spite of how wrong what they said are, still try to tell you they did not mean it. Or didn’t mean what they said “that way”. There are those who make you feel comfortable and just when you are settling into the besto zone, stab you in the back. I have heard all sorts in my short life time. One time, an event planner wanted me to be Mc of an event and wanted to get a female co-mc, so I suggested 2 names. One of the ladies I suggested, told the lady she should get another Mc that she could work with. Why? The event pLanner asked. Ali is old, get a younger Mc. As fate would have it I still worked with her. During the event, as I wrote notes for her, to introduce several segments of the show and how to bring on different dignitaries, the event planner will come backstage and smile. She came in backstage once, while my co-mc was on stage, using an intro I gave her and said, “Ali you are rare. Someone just commented on how awesome the introduction ********* (co-mc’s name) gave the last speaker was. I nearly told him you wrote it. Especially after what she said when I was trying to book her.” Not necessary, I replied. When people write you off, get right in. Some two years ago, someone said Ali Baba’s time has passed, I did a straight 6 hours of stand up comedy. All of my original stuff. Many of the comedians who were at the show, have since boosted their jokes arsenal with some of the materials used in that epic performance. And since that 6 hours, many comedians have received free jokes as often as we meet. My producer @officialbunmidavies told me jokingly that if the 6hr video is made public, many people will see the source of some great jokes. But as Zakilooooo will say Judas no stop Jesus. It’s allowed. People who don’t see you in economy class are unaware you are lounging in First class… Even when you are on the same flight. (thanks @mi_abaga) Who the cap fits…

Re: 5 Nigerian Comedians That You Never Knew Hate Themselves So Much (with Pictures) by Vaxt(m): 12:49pm On Nov 17, 2016
4. Lolo1 and Princess
Comedian and OAP Lolo1 called out her fellow female comedian Princess for her attitude and behavior on stage.
According to Lolo1, Princess is downright rude and absolutely ridiculous especially on stage. Lolo wrote in her Instagram rant (before deleting): What she wrote below “Good morning guys! I have some things I’ve always wanted to get off my mind. I totally respect and have absolute faith in the growth of the “Stand Up” comedy industry in Nigeria. But I think Females in this industry have a whole lot of work to do. We’re strong, we are beautiful and we are talented but unfortunately some have allowed “pettiness” “rudeness ” and downright classlessness, override whatever form of talent they have. I’m usually not one to call people out, (especially my colleagues) but at this point, someone needs to talk to PRINCESS the ‘comedian’. Madam, what you do on stage is no longer comedy. You’re still acting after the audience have gone. Your attitude, downright rudeness and absolute ridiculousness on stage is an embarrassment to female comedians.” As a so called veteran, you of all people should know that when the joke is no longer funny, it’s time to exit the stage. if you know her, please tell her. Madam, abeg clear road. It’s either you work on your craft and fix whatever psychological and emotional issues you have, or leave the stage. Either way, stop embarrassing us”

Re: 5 Nigerian Comedians That You Never Knew Hate Themselves So Much (with Pictures) by Vaxt(m): 12:51pm On Nov 17, 2016
3. Bovi and AY Comedian
Comedian Bovi believes comedian AY stole his joke from 2008. In Bovi’s version told 8 years ago, Bovi narrated that, a security man had to headbutt his boss’s daughter because the boss had earlier told him to use his head to prevent the daughter from going out … In AY’s version, he tells his security man to use his head in a bid to top his girlfriend from visiting him during his date with another.When the security man asks how to prevent her from gaining entry, AY says “Use your head”When the girl comes,the security man headbutts her . Bovi’s fans agreed the skit was a rip off of Bovi’s intellectual property.And others argue that , though comedians borrow jokes,using it as a skit is another thing entirely.

Re: 5 Nigerian Comedians That You Never Knew Hate Themselves So Much (with Pictures) by Vaxt(m): 12:53pm On Nov 17, 2016
2. Helen Paul and Gordons
There war happened at AY Live in Port Harcourt in 2015 . The headliners of the show comedians Helen Paul and Gordons abused the heck out of each other on stage at the event. Helen Paul started by taking a swipe at her colleagues, I Go Dye, Gordons,Basketmouth and Ali Baba. Then Gordons came on stage and abused Helen. Helen came back on stage and blasted Gordons once more. The two have not been spotted together since that time

Re: 5 Nigerian Comedians That You Never Knew Hate Themselves So Much (with Pictures) by Vaxt(m): 12:55pm On Nov 17, 2016
1. Basketmouth and AY Comedian

Not only re they not on good terms, Basket and AY never
see eye to eye.
Basketmouth famously didn’t attened the last AY Live
concert in Lagos. When he was asked why he didn’t go he said “i dont go where i am not invited”. Apt!

(1) (Reply)

Interesting Episode Of Double Stars Comedy / Different Ways Nigerian Fathers Act At Their Daughters' Wedding / You Get Mouth To Laugh, Then Come In.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.