Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,046 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Dangote Awarded With Honorary PhD (photo) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Awarded With Honorary PhD (photo) (11896 Views)

Dangote Refinery Gate, Lagos Gradually Taking Shape (Photos) / Dangote's $13b Generator Arrives In Nigeria, Femi Otedola Witnesses The Arrival / Aliko Dangote Bags Honorary Doctorate In ABU Zaria, Femi Otedola Spotted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Awarded With Honorary PhD (photo) by WILLYBABS(m): 7:35am On Nov 18, 2016
Money can influence even the devil...Oh Lord, make me bigger in wealth than this man. It's why I'm hustling Lord.
Re: Dangote Awarded With Honorary PhD (photo) by hrykanu231(m): 7:36am On Nov 18, 2016
Abeg, I just came to plead for likes(as it is becoming a custom) it's my birthday, no party. But this likes will mean a whole lot grin

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Awarded With Honorary PhD (photo) by brostheo(m): 7:38am On Nov 18, 2016
Can dangote to the maths and practical I do everyday?

Yet I'm still struggling to get my b.sc

Yet this nigha was awarded a PhD just for being a billionaire

After somebody will tell me money is not evrrything
Re: Dangote Awarded With Honorary PhD (photo) by WILLYBABS(m): 7:38am On Nov 18, 2016
hrykanu231:
Abeg, I just came to plead for likes(as it is becoming a custom) it's my birthday, no party. But this likes will mean a whole lot grin
And I happen to give you the first like, happy bday

1 Like

Re: Dangote Awarded With Honorary PhD (photo) by IRobot7(m): 7:40am On Nov 18, 2016
Dangote, you are highly regarded. You are the slayer of poverty.
Re: Dangote Awarded With Honorary PhD (photo) by Paentera(m): 7:47am On Nov 18, 2016
deji15:

Just come up with a Igbo Vs Yoruba topic or any topic that can be spun in that direction, the whole place will come alive....

"I better Pass My Neighbour"

Truly, a write up with a slant towards dichotomy (Us vs them) is a good recipe to get clicks and responses. It is always a hit

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Awarded With Honorary PhD (photo) by Abu4shizo: 7:47am On Nov 18, 2016
Congratulations Sir. More blessings
Re: Dangote Awarded With Honorary PhD (photo) by Orikinla(m): 7:52am On Nov 18, 2016
Flirtyjane:
Aliko Dangote conferred with a honorary PhD (Science) by the University of Ibadan, Oyo State. Congrat Dangote.

http://www.newsentryportal.com/2016/11/dangote-gets-honorary-phd-from.html
Congratulations to Alhaji Aliko DANGOTE.
But science is the wrong category. It should be Honorary Doctorate Degree in Economics or Business Administration.
Re: Dangote Awarded With Honorary PhD (photo) by Revolva(m): 7:55am On Nov 18, 2016
WITH MONEY YOU CAN GET ANY HONOURARY DEGREE ANY WHERE
Re: Dangote Awarded With Honorary PhD (photo) by sigolisis: 7:55am On Nov 18, 2016
The truth of the matter is that these men deserve the awards given to them. When you go through their profile and their contributions nationwide you will agree with me. Ofcourse UI will not do such things just for money
Re: Dangote Awarded With Honorary PhD (photo) by obadiah11(m): 8:00am On Nov 18, 2016
Gossiplover:
Congrat.

Nairaland dry these days, watin dey happen?

Economic Recession...
Re: Dangote Awarded With Honorary PhD (photo) by AreaFada2: 8:01am On Nov 18, 2016
takenadoh:
wondering what they do with this Honorary PhD sef, isn't it just a title?

Almost same as what they do with non-hereditary chieftaincy titles awarded to people these days. Like Jabagan Borgu.
Re: Dangote Awarded With Honorary PhD (photo) by AreaFada2: 8:02am On Nov 18, 2016
obadiah11:

Economic Recession...

Eku recession o. grin cheesy
Re: Dangote Awarded With Honorary PhD (photo) by AreaFada2: 8:06am On Nov 18, 2016
Orikinla:

Congratulations to Alhaji Aliko DANGOTE.
But science is the wrong category. It should be Honorary Doctorate Degree in Economics or Business Administration.
Abi o. I was expecting DBA (hc).

Except he read for a science degree previously at a lower level. Being primarily trained in science.
Re: Dangote Awarded With Honorary PhD (photo) by habsydiamond(m): 8:10am On Nov 18, 2016
Money rules everything expect death. With money one can have but the M.sc and PhD the same day.
Re: Dangote Awarded With Honorary PhD (photo) by Kingbuhari(m): 8:20am On Nov 18, 2016
Awarded him With Honorary
PhD for doing absolutely nothing...money rule this enclave called Nigeria... Bill & Miranda Gate donate 80% of their wealth to charity, do you think if they are stingy like our billions, even biblical king Solomon wont come close to them in riches.. Nigeria is in a recession and
Africa's richest man who also
doubles as the richest black man
on the planet, Aliko Dangote is
busy advising the Federal
government to sell off national
assets, so he and his cronies can
buy.. Dangote is greedy motherfucker... One of the countless troubling
facts about this man Aliko
Dangote is that the brigandage
that he personifies and exploits to
enrich himself at the expense of
the inhabitants of the lower Niger
who rightly own the natural
resources he steals reflects the
culture he was born and
socialized in. Federal government gave Dangote sole
importation rights of many
products, effectively crippling
other businesses to the singular
advantage of Dangote in an
extreme oligopoly. Dangote was
also able to purchase Nigeria’s
assets, including Benue cement,
sold to him at less than half the
value we are just celebrating mediocrity, the monopoly Dangote is
given on cement pummeled him
into stupendous wealth as he sells
essential cement at double the
global price to Nigerians, thereby
extorting the nation that made him
in the perhaps the gravest act of
wickedness in history. Dangote
company declares double
quarterly profits from the milking
of Nigerians on every bag of
cement.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Awarded With Honorary PhD (photo) by Jaymaestro(m): 8:21am On Nov 18, 2016
...after the 250million donation to the university.
Re: Dangote Awarded With Honorary PhD (photo) by takenadoh: 8:44am On Nov 18, 2016
AreaFada2:

Almost same as what they do with non-hereditary chieftaincy titles awarded to people these days. Like Jabagan Borgu.

Chieftaincy title is probably only relevant in your community or within your jurisdiction.

but pple spend at least 3 years to bet a PhD.
Re: Dangote Awarded With Honorary PhD (photo) by lurex2rhyme(m): 9:01am On Nov 18, 2016
is dere anytin like honorary ph.D or is doctorate ie u r given in biz, art, sci, law and letters. but ph.D is d degree certifying dat u hv done research in a particular field of study n u got to be graduate n probably wit masters anyway i stand to be corrected
Re: Dangote Awarded With Honorary PhD (photo) by ubergold(m): 9:30am On Nov 18, 2016
Well deserved!
Re: Dangote Awarded With Honorary PhD (photo) by encryptjay(m): 10:19am On Nov 18, 2016
hrykanu231:
2nd like for you grin
Happy Birthday sir
May God bless your new age
I wish blissfulness
You'll always smile
You'll dine with kings
Have a blast!!!
Amen
Re: Dangote Awarded With Honorary PhD (photo) by OBAGADAFFI: 1:02pm On Nov 18, 2016
Zaikon:
Dan gote will soon become a professor.

shocked
Re: Dangote Awarded With Honorary PhD (photo) by OBAGADAFFI: 1:02pm On Nov 18, 2016
Zaikon:
Dan gote will soon become a professor.

My friend it is Honorary PHD, which mean he didn't study for it.
Re: Dangote Awarded With Honorary PhD (photo) by Zaikon(m): 1:06pm On Nov 18, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

My friend it is Honorary PHD, which mean he didn't study for it.
c ya life , when u ddnt unstnd yu for ask nahh.
Re: Dangote Awarded With Honorary PhD (photo) by OBAGADAFFI: 1:13pm On Nov 18, 2016
[s]
Zaikon:
c ya life , when u ddnt unstnd yu for ask nahh.
[/s]
lipsrsealed
Re: Dangote Awarded With Honorary PhD (photo) by AreaFada2: 5:05pm On Nov 18, 2016
takenadoh:

Chieftaincy title is probably only relevant in your community or within your jurisdiction.

Perhaps. But consider Jabagan Borgu, Turaki Adamawa and others with fame. The title adds alot of verve to them.

Consider also Esama of Benin. The title added much to his respect & popularity back in the early 1970s as a successful industrialist & businessman. Nationwide & beyond. Granted, the Esama title is granted traditionally to a successful, generous/philantropic, good looking, honourable and VERY NEAT person. As he's expected to always dress to impress & is often a key Oba's emissary. Esama/Igbinedion is rarely seen not decked in his chieftaincy attire.

As for an honorary PhD, it is a pity that in 9ja we like to abuse things anyhow. It was & is never meant to be used as a prefix or title. In more civilised/developed countries, that is how it is. The right way to use it is:

Mr. Lalasticlala Python PhD (hc).
Mr. Moderator Happybanner D.Litt (hc). Etc. cheesy grin

Never as Dr. Python or Dr. Happybanner. Because it is not an earned doctorate through research.

But go and preach that to an average title-crazy Nigerian.
Re: Dangote Awarded With Honorary PhD (photo) by AreaFada2: 5:12pm On Nov 18, 2016
takenadoh:

Perhaps. But consider Jabagan Borgu, Turaki Adamawa and others with fame. The title adds alot of verve to them.

Consider also Esama of Benin. The title added much to his respect & popularity back in the early 1970s as a successful industrialist & businessman. Nationwide & beyond. Granted, the Esama title is granted traditionally to a successful, generous/philantropic, good looking, honourable and VERY NEAT person. As he's expected to always dress to impress & is often a key Oba's emissary. Esama/Igbinedion is rarely seen not decked in his chieftaincy attire.

As for an honorary PhD, it is a pity that in 9ja we like to abuse things anyhow. It was & is never meant to be used as a prefix or title. In more civilised/developed countries, that is how it is. The right way to use it is:

Mr. Moderator Happybanner D.Litt (hc).
Mr. Ugliestboi Funbanner, DBA (hc). Etc. cheesy grin

Never as Dr. Python or Dr. Happybanner. Because it is not an earned doctorate through research.

Re: Dangote Awarded With Honorary PhD (photo) by takenadoh: 7:17pm On Nov 18, 2016
AreaFada2:

Mr. Moderator Happybanner D.Litt (hc). Etc. cheesy grin

points duely noted
Re: Dangote Awarded With Honorary PhD (photo) by Zaikon(m): 7:08am On Nov 19, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:
[s][/s]
lipsrsealed
better sealed than open

(1) (2) (Reply)

In The Wake Of A Wave Of Fintechs, Banks Are Getting Personal / Naira Crashes To 516 As Dollar Scarcity Widens / US Investors To Build 6 Refineries In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.